Where to submit article for best SEO results

40 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi all,

Looking for some advise on where to submit articles to get best SEO return. I know having one's own Blog is good but I need some third party sites with good authority and loads of traffic. Places like EzineArticles is dead and Hubpages so fussy. Your thoughts please?

Koolsteve
#article #results #seo #submit
  • Profile picture of the author Blogdum
    Contact your niche related bloggers to get a guest post. This should help in getting quality links.
    Signature
    ➨ Calculate your website worth ► webvaluecheck.com
    ➽ Find list of Ad networks to monetize your website at Ads Network Review
    ➨ Ultimate Google, Yahoo, Bing SERP Keyword Ranking Tracker ➥ Free Trial
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10021572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Koolsteve
    Good suggestion Blogdum but all blogs I've found for one client are run by competitors :-(
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10021596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Find bloggers in related niches, not your niche, then.

      If your client's site is about real estate, find appraisers or mortgage broker.

      If you sell radios, find someone who has a blog about modern history or furniture.


      Originally Posted by Koolsteve View Post

      Good suggestion Blogdum but all blogs I've found for one client are run by competitors :-(
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10022480].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MadHu5tle
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Find bloggers in related niches, not your niche, then.

        If your client's site is about real estate, find appraisers or mortgage broker.

        If you sell radios, find someone who has a blog about modern history or furniture.
        Do this. this is what related means. Adjacent, similar, intersecting...not in the exact same market.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10023744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author singhavn
    Why don't you go for sites like Livejournal, squidoo, tumbler etc that can give a nice link juice. I also get good results from linkauthority.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10021758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
      Originally Posted by singhavn View Post

      Why don't you go for sites like Livejournal, squidoo, tumbler etc that can give a nice link juice. I also get good results from linkauthority.
      Livejournal and Tumblr use sub domain structure, those sites aren't even on the same domain. Not that it would help any... Do Tumblr or Livejournal have prominent links to those individual blogs? That's how link juice passes to a page.

      These services give link juice if you provide it yourself. Which is a strategy that some use, but those services don't generate link juice.
      Signature
      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

      What's your excuse?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10021958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
    For best SEO results, do not submit articles.

    Any article directory that accepts articles from anybody won't give you ANY SEO results. Save your time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10023754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cookiesfromhome
    Banned
    ezinearticles.com is best platform for submit articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10023883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nmwf
      Originally Posted by cookiesfromhome View Post

      ezinearticles.com is best platform for submit articles.
      I'm not going to beat up on ezinearticles, but I'm rather surprised to see them advertise their site as a way to get traffic. For years, warriors have lamented the minuscule traffic that the site actually sends.

      I'm surprised to see them advertise that traffic as an image too (why not as text?)!
      Signature
      Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
      First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10023941].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Write articles that are so good, people post them on their sites.

        Find out who runs every site that picked up your article.

        Contact the owner of good sites (and that seem to get traffic: they have ads or rank high for good keywords).

        Offer to write articles that will appear only on your site and theirs. Of the same quality as the one they picked up.

        Or, write articles so good, so interesting that people will tweet about them, and mention them of facebook. You'll get a lot of traffic that way.

        Originally Posted by nmwf View Post

        I'm not going to beat up on ezinearticles, but I'm rather surprised to see them advertise their site as a way to get traffic. For years, warriors have lamented the minuscule traffic that the site actually sends.

        I'm surprised to see them advertise that traffic as an image too (why not as text?)!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024253].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nmwf
          Originally Posted by DABK View Post

          Write articles that are so good, people post them on their sites.

          Find out who runs every site that picked up your article.

          Contact the owner of good sites (and that seem to get traffic: they have ads or rank high for good keywords).

          Offer to write articles that will appear only on your site and theirs. Of the same quality as the one they picked up.

          Or, write articles so good, so interesting that people will tweet about them, and mention them of facebook. You'll get a lot of traffic that way.
          That sounds like a strategy, but I didn't see that strategy at the ezinearticles website. Do they have a different strategy in mind, or is the strategy you described in their documentation somewhere?

          Also, what to do with sites who don't accept existing content? In other words, who, today, with concerns about duplicate content, uses content that's on ezinearticles?

          The only time I honestly recommend the site is when someone doesn't care about the duplicate content or what that content does to their site's URL in search results.
          Signature
          Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
          First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024264].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author uktrader
            Split it into slides and put it on Slideshare. (and you can actually keep the original article and still use it elsewhere)

            I agree that ezinearticles and the likes are waste of time.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024320].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DABK
            You, and many, are confused about duplicate content.

            Duplicate content that costs you is content that exists on your site more than once.

            If some content exists on your site and on some other site, though duplicate, it's not going to cost you or the other site. It is considered syndicated content.

            Take some article in Reuters, the Wall Street Journal, Paris Match or any other major paper, paste the first paragraph in Google.

            Count the number of times it's been copied by other sites.

            Look at what sites those copying sites are. You'll often find
            The Chicago Tribune
            The Los Angeles Times
            and other such publications among them.

            And Google's not penalized any of them.

            What syndicated content duplication does is this:
            Google will show the syndicated content only once on page 1, which means that the original article might not show up in ranks, might not get traffic.

            But people still take articles to put on their sites, because they need content. Some just steal it (no links to original), some take it and give credit to the author the proper way.

            A more pro-active way of getting the results I described is to find sites that have blogs/articles and contact the site owner, offer your articles.

            You need to write something that's useful to their audience and you.

            I'm talking quality articles on topics of mutual interest.

            Your advantage? Some of their visitors will visit your site. Since the topic you chose is dear to them, and you lead them to a page where you are promoting something that matches the topic, you end up with some sales.

            If you chose this route, you can write original articles for them. But, I think, that would be a mistake if you can get them to accept articles that appear on your site first. Some will.

            If they have 50,000 visitors a month, you'll probably not care that the article you write appears only on their site (as long as it links back to your site).

            If they have 1,000 visitors a month, you might. I would.

            Originally Posted by nmwf View Post

            That sounds like a strategy, but I didn't see that strategy at the ezinearticles website. Do they have a different strategy in mind, or is the strategy you described in their documentation somewhere?

            Also, what to do with sites who don't accept existing content? In other words, who, today, with concerns about duplicate content, uses content that's on ezinearticles?

            The only time I honestly recommend the site is when someone doesn't care about the duplicate content or what that content does to their site's URL in search results.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024536].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nmwf
              Originally Posted by DABK View Post

              You, and many, are confused about duplicate content.

              Duplicate content that costs you is content that exists on your site more than once.
              Thanks, but I follow Google's definition of duplicated content right here in the first line: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en
              Signature
              Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
              First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024617].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author DABK
                From the same source:

                "Syndicate carefully
                : If you syndicate your content on other sites, Google will always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer. However, it is helpful to ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article. You can also ask those who use your syndicated material to use the noindex meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing their version of the content."

                Why do you not follow this part?



                Originally Posted by nmwf View Post

                Thanks, but I follow Google's definition of duplicated content right here in the first line: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024632].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nmwf
                  Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                  From the same source:

                  "Syndicate carefully
                  : If you syndicate your content on other sites, Google will always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer. However, it is helpful to ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article. You can also ask those who use your syndicated material to use the noindex meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing their version of the content."

                  Why do you not follow this part?
                  Simple. I actually like getting search engine traffic and don't want any part of my website hidden in supplemental results. Nevertheless, like I already said, I am aware that some people who use ezinearticle-material evidently don't care that their URLs are hidden.

                  Back to the question at hand: Why does ezinearticles advertise itself as a source of traffic? In particular, through an image? I've never seen anyone do that before.
                  Signature
                  Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
                  First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024668].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author DABK
                    To each his own.

                    Because it can. Because it's true.

                    If it sends you 2 visitors a month, little as that is, it's traffic, it's accurate, therefore, to say it's a source of traffic.

                    Why an image? They may have tested and found images give them better results.

                    Or, maybe, they're testing now.

                    Or, it's just chance.

                    Originally Posted by nmwf View Post

                    Simple. I actually like getting search engine traffic and don't want any part of my website hidden in supplemental results. Nevertheless, like I already said, I am aware that some people who use ezinearticle-material evidently don't care that their URLs are hidden.

                    Back to the question at hand: Why does ezinearticles advertise itself as a source of traffic? In particular, through an image? I've never seen anyone do that before.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024701].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author timiwillson
            i think articles directories can not give you enough SEO value compare to guest post at your blog niche
            Signature

            If you are new to the Forex market and would like to learn how to trade, or if you are an experienced trader and want to improve your trading skills, you can use this eBook as an invaluable guide to the markets.
            get your free copy here

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10053452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mefh
    Ezine is best article site that accept only high quality content, you can acquire good traffic from it, instead of Ezine you can participate in other free article directory sites where can get good backlinks and traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SaanviRao
    Banned
    Many of the article submission sites are there in the Internet. You can search from there and can select some of the finest sites to get the most visitors on your article. Goarticles.com, sooperarticles.com are few of the sites where you can submit your articles easily.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      goarticles.com isn't accepting articles any more.

      Originally Posted by SaanviRao View Post

      Many of the article submission sites are there in the Internet. You can search from there and can select some of the finest sites to get the most visitors on your article. Goarticles.com, sooperarticles.com are few of the sites where you can submit your articles easily.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author annewilliams123
    Though there are so many websites available where you can submit your article like ezine, sooper articles, and many more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adiosamigo
      Originally Posted by annewilliams123 View Post

      Though there are so many websites available where you can submit your article like ezine, sooper articles, and many more.
      Submitting articles seem to be outdated strategy, as most article sites only allow nofollow links
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrhmamun
    For SEO purpose write a unique & short content related your main article then post on blogger and Wordpress free blogs including the link with your main article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    It is incredible to me how some people still dont understand the difference between content syndication and duplicate content, if duplicate content were the problem they ALL the news sites will be penalized because they all get the info from news agencies and places like Reuters will be classiffied as Spammers.

    On the other hand when you do article syndication with sites you already know and have a relationship with ask them to point out the canonical towards your site instead that just a backlinks, the canonical is telling Google where the original article is comming from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vithobaaseo
    Try some guest blogging sites. Submitting your articles in search engine land, journal, watch and moz blogs would be very good idea. For submitting in these sites your content must have infography and unique.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrismcelroyseo
    DBAK's definition of duplicate content is correct. I would just add one thing. If "most" of the content on your site is duplicates from "other" sites, don't expect to do well at all. That's one of the reasons article directories disappeared. I deleted my 250,000 page article directory 5 years ago.

    LinkedIn Publisher has done well for me. A great way to repurpose your content over multiple platforms is to write your original article as a blog post on your own site, preferably using wordpress. Share it on social media if you have a good social media presence. Don't just submit your own stuff. That's the "hey look at me" approach. Share other content they'll like and share the posts of your followers. They'll start sharing your content too.

    Then after a week or so, go to LinkedIn, write 2 original content paragraphs about the same topic as your post on your blog, put in blockquotes, add some highlights/excerpts from your post. Then summarize it in another original content paragraph.

    Then link "read the full article" to your blog post.

    It is a brand new, legitimate blog post. No LinkedIn will not give you link juice. But your article will reach a lot more people than most other methods if your content is good enough to interest people.

    Go to the Bank of America Small Business Community Forum and do it again. New paragraphs, not the same ones you used on LinkedIn. New highlights/excerpts.

    Same thing you can do on Medium, Reddit, Quora (on your blog there), on a Wordpress.com or Blogger Blog and other platforms.
    Signature

    Chris McElroy
    TrafficAndLeadGenerator.com
    LinkedIn Publisher
    "The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions".-- Claude Levi-Strauss

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megalinktraffic
    you can submit your articles to PR sites and with your site link to get
    more of targeted traffic.. which is the key for your success rather than
    just traffic..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
    I would never submit articles to third party sites for SEO return – you'll never get that from article directories and content mills. Focus on guest posting, instead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10037105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writesuccess
    I still use EzineArticles.com all the time. I recently submitted only 3 articles with a link in the resource box to a new website domain I'd only just acquired (under a pseudonym). The domain name is a simple redirect to an affiliate link. With just 3 short articles (an hour of my time and $15 for the domain name) I sold 2 products at $66 commission each. So I'm going to repeat the cycle in this new niche I'm experimenting with and submit more articles to the same directory. At the same time I'm also experimenting with making money online without a website because someone recently asked me if it's possible.

    I also use EzineArticles for my main website and it gets results every time with sales and subscriber sign ups.

    Using this article submitting method still gets results. My articles get way less views than they used to, but the traffic seems a lot more targeted and valuable.

    I use other methods of SEO and getting traffic but using this method still gets results.
    Signature
    RuthIsWriting Is The Inspirational Website For Writers And Authors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christina21maria
    Article submission is nice thing.Writing articles is very tough task and nice time required to dot it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eagle07
    Originally Posted by Koolsteve View Post

    Hi all,

    Looking for some advise on where to submit articles to get best SEO return. I know having one's own Blog is good but I need some third party sites with good authority and loads of traffic. Places like EzineArticles is dead and Hubpages so fussy. Your thoughts please?

    Koolsteve
    Contact bloggers related to your niche and ask them if you could post your helpful articles in their sites with a backlink for your site in return.

    You may also want to use Press Release Sites like PRweb.com. Your press release can rank in the top search engine results pages (SERPs) immediately and for a long period of time. You can funnel a lot of targetted traffic through it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    Well, if you're looking to improve your rankings and grow your traffic, I suggest you try doing some guest posting and / or comment on various blogs (your niche or similar niches), use forums to promote your link (ones that let you), etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Willy
    If I were you, I would recommend that you should try write press releases. This kind of content will be giving you more exposure as the press release distribution websites can give you floods of traffic rather than article directories. I would also recommend you to do Web 2.0 properties as well. They are considered authority websites and you can take advantage of it by submitting one unique article to each property.

    If you are really serious in getting better SEO results to your product or niche, I would suggest you should take your time to train yourself in effective SEO training courses. For sure, you will learn a lot on what SEO methods are effective even if the Google Panda algorithm updates without warning, especially when it comes to writing and submitting articles. Hope this helps you. Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author colorexpert4
    Actually it will depend what is your niche. So you have to post article on relevant site. If you can do that than you will get best SEO results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author futuremediamgmt
    Slightly fringe idea: You could read the content of your article over a still image and make that into a YouTube video and link that back to your original article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Better yet, link to a related article.

      I'd be pissed off if I landed on the same content a second time.

      I.e., think links and user experience.

      Originally Posted by futuremediamgmt View Post

      Slightly fringe idea: You could read the content of your article over a still image and make that into a YouTube video and link that back to your original article.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052911].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author starcreatives
        I uses all parts of SEO Url submission, bookmarking, submit link with description to social networking websites, blog posting, guest comments to content related websites, blogs of good PR, press releases, article submition. What is your opinion about the best way of SEO? But it take time to gain good result.

        I need to rank up two website pages with two keywords "Mentat" and "Gymnema Sylvestre", Can anyone help me to get good result in less possible time (in some days)?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10053436].message }}
  • Press Release sites are really good, apart from them try to submit in sites with huge traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10053155].message }}

Trending Topics