New Theme Gave Me 25% Increase of Traffic

23 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello warriors,
Today I just want to share my little experience. Before some days (5th May) I changed my blog's theme (replaced free theme with a new highly responsive premium theme). After changing the theme I saw a major boost up (about 25%) in my traffic with out any new article, link building or promotion. Although my previous theme was also responsive but new theme is tremendously awesome (from my point of view).



New picture added after asking for more info by some warriors:

(Source: techmasi.com)

What I learned form this event?
Out look/Design/Theme is very important for SEO ranking. So always use clean coded, responsive and attractive theme for maximum return.


Thanks -
I would love to hear your experience (if any)
#25% #blog traffic #gave #increase #increase traffic #new theme #premium theme #theme #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
    I don't understand how theme layout would affect ctr when all they see is a description in the SERP. Are you attempting to correlate load time to rank position maybe?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by jamesfreddyc View Post

      I don't understand how theme layout would affect ctr when all they see is a description in the SERP. Are you attempting to correlate load time to rank position maybe?
      Yah, loading time is also a fact. My new theme is faster than old one. That's why I said to use clean coded and responsive. Clean coded themes are more likely to error free and such it ranks well (as I experienced).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046444].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jamesfreddyc
        Originally Posted by sakib777 View Post

        Yah, loading time is also a fact. My new theme is faster than old one. That's why I said to use clean coded and responsive. Clean coded themes are more likely to error free and such it ranks well (as I experienced).
        I'm not sure that's anything groundbreaking. I guess if you are using a CMS to build out it is a surprising change? I just assume that good onsite/page seo includes modern development and coding technique that incorporates a responsive design pattern that works well on a variety of devices.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046464].message }}
  • You posted the analytics of your traffic from April 15th-30th. Share some real analytics that we can compare to from different months. Anyone can pick a point where traffic increases and zoom into the couple of weeks that it occurred.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by TheDigitalMarketer View Post

      You posted the analytics of your traffic from April 15th-30th. Share some real analytics that we can compare to from different months. Anyone can pick a point where traffic increases and zoom into the couple of weeks that it occurred.
      Just count the dots, you will get the date.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    How much is this WSO?

    Seriously, a bunch of premium themes are bloated junk [cough - Themeforest].
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    You are not even showing us where the traffic came from. For all we know you started a PPC campaign on that day.

    Of course, that is even if the screenshot is real in the first place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046540].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      You are not even showing us where the traffic came from. For all we know you started a PPC campaign on that day.

      Of course, that is even if the screenshot is real in the first place.
      Hi Mike,
      New picture shows the traffic. It's not any sales page or landing page to run PPC campaign. I am not so rich that I will run PPC for a blog .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
    It doesn't help that you're an affiliate

    It would have helped a little if your screenshot had any reference to where the traffic was coming from.

    It also would have helped to get an idea of the level of traffic we're looking at. If your overall daily traffic is 10 visitors, a bump to 13 visitors would show the exact same graph.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Why didn't you include the traffic stats? I assume because it is lacking statistical significance?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim3
    There seems to be a united front about your claim, and in my albeit limited tests, SE traffic tanks while Big G recrawls and re-sorts such a drastic change to a site, so at least in theory the spike should go down before it goes back up hopefully to a higher position than previous.

    Social Media forum is here: Social Media
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blaine Smitley
    Could be referrer spam. You should check to see where all this new found traffic is coming from.

    Semalt anybody?

    Doradar. com?

    ilovevitaly. co?

    buttons-for-website. com?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    I'm not ruling this out as a possibility. Internal links and HTML structures may help or hinder SEO. However, I'm also a bit skeptical about this.

    There's usually no single reason behind traffic or SERP placements, and you've basically presented just a single data point as a proof of a trend. Also, I'd wait a bit to make sure that Google has had enough time to even fully recognize and index your change.

    It's simply too soon to say, but I'd love to hear what happens next.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

      I'm not ruling this out as a possibility. Internal links and HTML structures may help or hinder SEO. However, I'm also a bit skeptical about this.

      There's usually no single reason behind traffic or SERP placements, and you've basically presented just a single data point as a proof of a trend. Also, I'd wait a bit to make sure that Google has had enough time to even fully recognize and index your change.

      It's simply too soon to say, but I'd love to hear what happens next.
      Still now I can't point out the specific reason for which I got a boost up. But I saw the change right after changing the theme (I have shared this news after watching constant rise for 3 days). Therefore, I am pointing the change of theme for this rise of traffic as I did nothing without that.

      In case of indexing, I have manually indexed my blog after updating (so, there is no matter of time about indexing).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047093].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by sakib777 View Post

        In case of indexing, I have manually indexed my blog after updating (so, there is no matter of time about indexing).
        Sorry, I misspoke. Not indexing, but Google's parsing part might've not reacted to your changes yet. Google is often pretty quick, but I would not expect anything to happen this fast. The real fallout of your theme change might still be ahead of you.

        Originally Posted by michaelcvang View Post

        Which theme are you using now? What are the secrets inside of the new premium theme instead of Old free one? can anybody explain me?
        Please don't hijack threads by posting your URLs. You've got one of your own already.

        The "secrets" are usually relatively simple. Most decent themes already manage the basic on-page stuff. I think the major differences might be in the HTML structure and internal link structure, and even the latter is something you control. Just avoid weird javascript contraptions and silly stuff like that.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelcvang
    Which theme are you using now? What are the secrets inside of the new premium theme instead of Old free one? can anybody explain me? I am not getting enough traffic to my following blogs. I need advice from experts in this regard.
    1) Modern Home Furniture Information
    2) Infozone
    I am expecting your honest opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    I don't think a new theme alone has much to do with traffic increase. You must have worked on something else as well, like adding good content or built some good backlinks, a theme alone shouldn't influence traffic this much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by Slade556 View Post

      I don't think a new theme alone has much to do with traffic increase. You must have worked on something else as well, like adding good content or built some good backlinks, a theme alone shouldn't influence traffic this much.
      I changed my hosting server before 15 days but that time I didn't see any change. Right after changing the theme I saw a boost up. You can see the date of my last post, I didn't add any new post neither built any link.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author inudu
    Write a case study. You have left out too many variables. Is it an increase in Search engine traffic?
    Signature
    Backlink Insider - My SEO Blog | Monthly SEO Services

    Best Serp Checker - Compare the Best 6 Google, Yahoo! and Bing Rankings Trackers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10048156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jerrodrobker
    Thanks for sharing your Experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10050188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    Nothing to do with your theme change.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10053001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
    Originally Posted by sakib777 View Post

    Hello warriors,
    Today I just want to share my little experience. Before some days (5th May) I changed my blog's theme (replaced free theme with a new highly responsive premium theme). After changing the theme I saw a major boost up (about 25%) in my traffic with out any new article, link building or promotion. Although my previous theme was also responsive but new theme is tremendously awesome (from my point of view).



    New picture added after asking for more info by some warriors:

    (Source: techmasi.com)

    What I learned form this event?
    Out look/Design/Theme is very important for SEO ranking. So always use clean coded, responsive and attractive theme for maximum return.


    Thanks -
    I would love to hear your experience (if any)
    I still learning , where you get this info to check your site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10053023].message }}

Trending Topics