10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello,
I have developed an amazon / affiliate web site called Global Shopping World XYZ


Would people please be able to offer constructive feedback. This website I am currently developing to get good rankings with SEO and is a new web site.


Thanks everyone in advance.
David.
#site
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    It looks dated. Have a read up about responsive web design, Google ranks sites better that make use of it. Also everybody uses those stock photos.
    Signature
    ÖŽ FindABlog: Find blogs to comment on, guest posting opportunities and more ÖŽ




    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10251759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Well. I can't say anything positive about the front page. Unbelievably generic stock photos, weird and awkward layout, unsightly fonts, etc. I think "dated" is a very generous description of this site.

    You posted this to a SEO forum so I guess that's your goal. This seems like a very thin affiliate site. Those are notoriously hard to rank for obvious reasons. First, they don't often have much content on their own, and even when they have large hunks of that content are typically copied from somewhere. Secondly, Google "hates" these sort of pages because they're not something that would ever benefit a real user.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10251816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ranksonic
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Nettiapina. Correct your code. All the pictures are not there where you want them to be(( Chrome 44.0.2403.157 m, 1366 X 768, 100%
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10251954].message }}
    • I'm sorry but I disagree if Google "hates" these kinds of websites because actually, I rank very well on Google Page. EG. if you google search "Global True Religion Tshirts". then Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct website will come up on google page one, i dont think it's if its 100% although that helps in finding your web site on page one. If the customers don't like the website then they will click off it. There is a slight different between Google liking and customers liking. The website is also in early development stages so i'm working on to improve the web site to generate traffic. Since generating traffic is key to a nice looking web site.
      Signature

      Global Deals Direct

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10272452].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
        The site is a useless piece of junk. It will get a 'pure spam' manual penalty if Google review it. Next.
        Originally Posted by globaldealsdirect View Post

        I'm sorry but I disagree if Google "hates" these kinds of websites because actually, I rank very well on Google Page. EG. if you google search "Global True Religion Tshirts". then
        Even crap sites can rank for something that no one is searching for ... and no one uses the phrase "Global True Religion Tshirts" to search in Google
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10272456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author UMS
        Originally Posted by globaldealsdirect View Post

        I'm sorry but I disagree if Google "hates" these kinds of websites because actually, I rank very well on Google Page. EG. if you google search "Global True Religion Tshirts". then Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct Global Shopping World, Global Deals Direct website will come up on google page one,
        It's very easy to rank a site for a key phrase that little to no people are searching for.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10272572].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by globaldealsdirect View Post

        I'm sorry but I disagree if Google "hates" these kinds of websites because actually, I rank very well on Google Page. EG. if you google search "Global True Religion Tshirts".
        So you got something to rank for a string of random-looking gibberish. Congratulations.

        You can disagree all you want, but the problems I pointed out are very common. I'm not sure why you even posted the thread if you don't want any advice.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10272894].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author danparks
        Originally Posted by globaldealsdirect View Post

        Would people please be able to offer constructive feedback.
        My eyes hurt.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10273664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neelumpari961
    Your website is so slow. It is taking too much time in loading.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10272606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author storejvz
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10273672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Why?

      What's wrong with building links while creating content? It takes longer to get ranked than to put up a couple of pages of good content.
      What's wrong with building links before you have any content? People will find your site, see there's no content and move on? So what? When you add the content, problem is fixed.

      What is content king of?

      Originally Posted by storejvz View Post

      content is king =)) Please develop content first, then start building links for the web
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10273757].message }}

Trending Topics