Does FB Likes will aid your website ranking??

31 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Let said you have many contents been Liked.

will it aid pushing your site ranking??
#aid #likes #ranking #website
  • Profile picture of the author ra42
    not the likes themselves but more likes is more traffic to your fb page and there you can put links to your website which will help the ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by ra42 View Post

      not the likes themselves but more likes is more traffic to your fb page and there you can put links to your website which will help the ranking.
      tactically is traffic from your FB page to the site you mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Does FB Likes will aid your website ranking??

    Yes, your page will easily rank at position #987 on Google SERPs on a good day.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gossipguns
      No,
      Only Liking wont be increasing your website ranking. for that you have to increase visitors.
      Signature

      Thanks
      GossipGuns

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

    Let said you have many contents been Liked.

    will it aid pushing your site ranking??
    No of course not. Google does not care about social signals.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dewalds86
    Some say that in the near future the value of social signals will surpass back links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by dewalds86 View Post

      Some say that in the near future the value of social signals will surpass back links.
      Yes. Because some are extremely stupid.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421784].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by gossipguns View Post

        No,
        Only Liking wont be increasing your website ranking. for that you have to increase visitors.
        Traffic has no direct effect on website ranking.

        Originally Posted by dewalds86 View Post

        Some say that in the near future the value of social signals will surpass back links.
        Yes, we know these oxygen thieves exist. This here is an unfortunate case of cranial flatulence resulting only in some more incoherent babble.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421824].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        49.999999% of people on earth are below average intelligence. 49.999999% are below average intelligence for the stupids. Since there are 7 billion+ people on earth, there's waaaay more than some.

        S
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        Yes. Because some are extremely stupid.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    I believe not.

    But as some of the replies here mentioned - more like and more engagement can help with more traffic and more traffic to your site can help a lot with rankings
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shreyasingh
    Obviously the Facebook likes will help you to improve your search engine ranking. It effects a lot in the viewers attention. A huge Facebook like can increase the traffic on your website which indirectly increase the sales of your business. This could increase the popularity as well as the ranking of your website in Google and other search engines as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10423641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      You have proof of it? It seems to me it's the other way around: you need a lot of traffic to get a lot of likes. And you need to rank to get traffic (or do some other kind of marketing).

      Originally Posted by Shreyasingh View Post

      Obviously the Facebook likes will help you to improve your search engine ranking. It effects a lot in the viewers attention. A huge Facebook like can increase the traffic on your website which indirectly increase the sales of your business. This could increase the popularity as well as the ranking of your website in Google and other search engines as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sprucevn
    Absolutely. Facebook likes will help rise your website ranking. In addition, facebook will improve traffic and attract many visitors to your site as well as develop your business sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by sprucevn View Post

      Absolutely. Facebook likes will help rise your website ranking. In addition, facebook will improve traffic and attract many visitors to your site as well as develop your business sales.
      Show me one page that is ranking better better because of Facebook likes.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424204].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
        why I asked because I read from somewhere in here and on various websites.

        (Note: all are base on their own opinion etc)

        Some claim FB likes do aid a bit on your site to get noticed by google.

        Reasons simply because a lot read your content and Like it.

        Some claim Google treat FB likes or even you contents got lots of likes don't really they will rank , index your site and push up your ranking.


        so summary is " Subjective here??? "
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424897].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

          why I asked because I read from somewhere in here and on various websites.

          (Note: all are base on their own opinion etc)

          Some claim FB likes do aid a bit on your site to get noticed by google.

          Reasons simply because a lot read your content and Like it.

          Some claim Google treat FB likes or even you contents got lots of likes don't really they will rank , index your site and push up your ranking.


          so summary is " Subjective here??? "

          The internet has tons of folks full of nonsense just to sell an affiliate product, drop a forum, sig. or other hype that could care less If anyone else gets useful information about whatever subject they're researching.

          Call BS until they can prove the hype.

          Followed links rank pages (end of story), social is nofollow so at the end of the day social is useless for SEO.

          Don't take my word for it, go build 50,000 Facebook Likes or Tweets, simple enough to prove to yourself but I can tell you now you won't rank any self hosted money page with that nonsense.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424911].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

          why I asked because I read from somewhere in here and on various websites.

          (Note: all are base on their own opinion etc)

          Some claim FB likes do aid a bit on your site to get noticed by google.

          Reasons simply because a lot read your content and Like it.

          Some claim Google treat FB likes or even you contents got lots of likes don't really they will rank , index your site and push up your ranking.


          so summary is " Subjective here??? "
          No it is not subjective at all.

          Just do some experimenting or research yourself. You will find zero webpages ranking based on Facebook likes or any other social signals.

          Why in the hell would Google incorporate something into the algorithm that they could be blocked from at any moment? Facebook could block that data from Google whenever they felt like it. Twitter did it to Google before, so don't think it could not happen.
          Signature
          SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
          Get a FREE Quote.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10425467].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            No it is not subjective at all.

            Just do some experimenting or research yourself. You will find zero webpages ranking based on Facebook likes or any other social signals.

            Why in the hell would Google incorporate something into the algorithm that they could be blocked from at any moment? Facebook could block that data from Google whenever they felt like it. Twitter did it to Google before, so don't think it could not happen.
            it seem like ..the ONLY social media will helps most

            Should be Google plus +1 than instead Likes?

            Seem Google plus is from Google itself....
            but most people prefer Facebook than Google plus.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10426356].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

              it seem like ..the ONLY social media will helps most

              Should be Google plus +1 than instead Likes?

              Seem Google plus is from Google itself....
              but most people prefer Facebook than Google plus.
              Nevermind. You always ask these questions, get an answer, and then argue with the answer.

              So screw it. Social signals are vitally important to your rankings. Without at least 10,000 Facebook Likes, Google +1's, and Twitter Retweets you will never outrank your competition.
              Signature
              SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
              Get a FREE Quote.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10426459].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                Originally Posted by sprucevn View Post

                Absolutely. Facebook likes will help rise your website ranking. In addition, facebook will improve traffic and attract many visitors to your site as well as develop your business sales.
                How on earth would Facebook posts, likes or even links do that? There's no known mechanism that would even work that way.

                There's been some vague correlations between likes and rankings, but that's just correlation. If you market something in a smart way it's probably going to get more popular, and eventually rank better.

                Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                Why in the hell would Google incorporate something into the algorithm that they could be blocked from at any moment?
                That's a good question. They'd also have to rely Facebook's spam control. Likes have never been important enough to warrant effective spam algorithms. On the other hand Google has spent millions to defend their Pagerank and other algorithms.

                Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

                Should be Google plus +1 than instead Likes?
                It doesn't really help with rankings either.

                If you're able to lure people to your G+ circles they may see a related post from you when they search. And because they "know" you already that's potentially very effective. However, just for this small group of users.
                Signature
                Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                What's your excuse?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10426828].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Azlan.MY
              Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

              it seem like ..the ONLY social media will helps most

              Should be Google plus +1 than instead Likes?

              Seem Google plus is from Google itself....
              but most people prefer Facebook than Google plus.
              IMO, I don't think so. If any webmaster finds out that Google cares about Google+, he will create a software or something to get tons of +1 vote. Plus, someone will also offer services selling Google plus to boost other sites' ranking.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10432583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by sprucevn View Post

      Absolutely. Facebook likes will help rise your website ranking. In addition, facebook will improve traffic and attract many visitors to your site as well as develop your business sales.
      Please show us just one site that ranks well based on its facebook like....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10425029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazim
    Most of the social media links including Facebook provide no-follow backlink. So it won't help you to get ranking but it can help you to get traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10425042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vanished
    Social signals directly will not help you with rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10426913].message }}
  • Social signals help with direct traffic and building your brand name up. As far as helping rankings then NOT AT ALL.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10427261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeoGeniuz
    I believe engagements have a role to play in rankings even though its minor but dont expect social signals alone to give you significant movement to the top.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10432747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Why believe when you can test?

      Originally Posted by SeoGeniuz View Post

      I believe engagements have a role to play in rankings even though its minor but dont expect social signals alone to give you significant movement to the top.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10433047].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by SeoGeniuz View Post

      I believe engagements have a role to play in rankings even though its minor but dont expect social signals alone to give you significant movement to the top.
      Of course you do. You are selling it in your signature.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10433062].message }}
  • I doubt anyone will knows exactly how Google's algorithms work. However, from my personal "knowledge" they do use Facebook Metrics as long as there is a connection between the accounts and the website. Hence, FB likes will have significant impact on website ranking, one way to generate likes is through buying them from trusted providers another is through wp plugins etc. http://likejackninja.com which you can get likes at no cost. I hope that this will help.
    Signature

    Hello my name is Karl

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    Are you sure your name is not Earl?

    We do know how google's algo works with FB likes: It doesn't.

    Your answer is just nonsense spam in reply to an old dead useless thread.

    Paul
    Signature

    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim3
    ... still waiting for the proof of ranked pages, purely from Social sites, from any of those who gobbed-off about it being 'great for SEO'
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791345].message }}

Trending Topics