Noob guide: Here's a backlink strategy that you are not using yet

7 replies
  • SEO
  • |
The basis of this is to take tons of high quality photos and upload them to Flickr and other image sharing sites. Set the rights to Creative Commons. In the description, ask for them to use your website link as a source when they use the image. This is a long term, white hat strategy. I've given many DA60-80 backlinks to these photographers in my articles when I use their images.

I probably ramble too much, but I hope it will help a few of you. Enjoy!

#backlink #guide #noob #strategy
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    I prefer to have relevant, high quality sites in my niche linking to my sites. Tons of random links, often from questionable and BH sites, aren't going to do your site much good.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420486].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      I prefer to have relevant, high quality sites in my niche linking to my sites. Tons of random links, often from questionable and BH sites, aren't going to do your site much good.

      Steve

      So make all the images about a single subject per each image account/album.

      Example:
      • House images account/album > build-a-house.com
      • Car images account/album > cars.com
      • Money image account/album > investing.com
      • etc...

      If someone has an image of a car on their webpage they're going to mention the word car as plain text or at the very least LSI keywords related to the car keyword on the image backlink page.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author essmeier
    Where are you getting "tons" of high quality photos to which you own the rights? If you're posting photos and you don't own the rights to them, you could potentially get sued for tens of thousands of dollars per image.

    Charlie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422094].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by essmeier View Post

      Where are you getting "tons" of high quality photos to which you own the rights? If you're posting photos and you don't own the rights to them, you could potentially get sued for tens of thousands of dollars per image.

      Charlie
      You need a camera for this technique. It's a bit passive, but it's not bad. Certainly something you would do with a combination with other techniques.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422380].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        You need a camera for this technique. It's a bit passive, but it's not bad. Certainly something you would do with a combination with other techniques.
        Public domain images are your friend.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422388].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
      Originally Posted by essmeier View Post

      Where are you getting "tons" of high quality photos to which you own the rights? If you're posting photos and you don't own the rights to them, you could potentially get sued for tens of thousands of dollars per image.

      Charlie
      Don't you own a smart phone? Start snapping photos.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10432246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mminhajuddin
    It's seems very interesting to gain backlink in whiteway seo! Well, may be i need unique images for relevant category!
    Signature

    Internet Marketer since 3 years. Love to learn always and prefer to share knowledge with others!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422412].message }}

Trending Topics