Using My Other Websites To Improve SERP

6 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Let's say I have 5 websites, and I would like to promote one of them (w/ 1 keyword). If I post a backlink on my other 4 websites ( for example anchor: "free ebook"),
can it have any negative influence? penalization by Google?

I guess Google knows I own all these 5 websites (one Google webmasters account), and can easily see that i'm using this method to build backlinks.
#improve #serp #websites
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Amazon and other huge sites do this too. They interlink their web empire. Not sure why you would be penalized.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10492868].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Market4Keyword
      Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

      Amazon and other huge sites do this too. They interlink their web empire. Not sure why you would be penalized.
      Sounds right. But - there is a difference between huge sites doing it, and me, isn't?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10493140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
    Originally Posted by Market4Keyword View Post

    Let's say I have 5 websites, and I would like to promote one of them (w/ 1 keyword). If I post a backlink on my other 4 websites ( for example anchor: "free ebook"),
    can it have any negative influence? penalization by Google?

    I guess Google knows I own all these 5 websites (one Google webmasters account), and can easily see that i'm using this method to build backlinks.
    It depends:

    1. If you are using those 4 sites just for backlinks purpose and they don`t have content on them, or are not updated regularly Google will know what you are doing and you will have problems.

    2. If all your 5 website are legit and updated regularly then you will have no problem when you interlink them.

    You can see in the link below the first scenario explained:

    The Private Blog Network Purge - Are You at Risk? | SEW
    Signature
    HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10493277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post

      It depends:

      1. If you are using those 4 sites just for backlinks purpose and they don`t have content on them, or are not updated regularly Google will know what you are doing and you will have problems.

      2. If all your 5 website are legit and updated regularly then you will have no problem when you interlink them.

      You can see in the link below the first scenario explained:

      The Private Blog Network Purge - Are You at Risk? | SEW
      They don't need to be updated regularly to stay out of Google's warpath. They just need to be legit, useful sites, updated or not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10493298].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        They don't need to be updated regularly to stay out of Google's warpath. They just need to be legit, useful sites, updated or not.
        You`re right. I though of one thing and wrote another. I was trying to say that if the websites are new and with little content, they will need to be updated regularly in order to amass content and be real, useful websites.
        You summed up the idea in just one sentence: "the websites need to be legit and useful". I suggest the OP should take this into account.
        Signature
        HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10493307].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Market4Keyword
          Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post

          You`re right. I though of one thing and wrote another. I was trying to say that if the websites are new and with little content, they will need to be updated regularly in order to amass content and be real, useful websites.
          You summed up the idea in just one sentence: "the websites need to be legit and useful". I suggest the OP should take this into account.
          Sounds right
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10494546].message }}

Trending Topics