backlinks and document sharing sites

by soniahollis 14 replies
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have just started a blog and want to get in the habit of blogging daily but also promoting those blog posts to get back links etc. I have read that it is best to do a blog post first then re create it and change the format into a document or pdf, video, slideshow etc and then share the edited version of the blog post with various document sharing sites. Does this help to get your ranking up and which sites if many do people use?
At the moment I am registered with socialadr for my social engagement part inputting my blog url, and then am looking to use spin distribute and then a private blogging network - but thought I needed to recreate the content into different formats before sharing. Sorry for the long post but am feeling a bit lost
#search engine optimization #backlinks #document #document sharing sites #page ranking #seo #sharing #sites
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author vrocks
    Maybe your time would be better spent installing Jetpack, then setting up the "sharing" tool... And creating Facebook, Tumblr, Pintrest and Twitter accounts. Hash tag, hash tag, hash tag!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10495869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
    It's actually a very good source of links and most importantly it's diverse and very different from any other link type. Any back linking campaign should include at least some document sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Most of those sources produce NO FOLLOW LINKS.

    Instead of SEO, look at those upload sites as sources of DIRECT TRAFFIC.
    Signature
    Hire Your Own Full-time Writer
    American UC Berkeley Graduate | Over 17 years experience
    CLICK HERE to HIRE ME for only $250 per month
    To See Reviews of my work CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
      Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

      Most of those sources produce NO FOLLOW LINKS.

      Instead of SEO, look at those upload sites as sources of DIRECT TRAFFIC.
      Maybe if you're looking at a couple of the top document sites that had to combat spam. I regularly use .gov and .edu doc sharing sites and none of them have added the nofollow attribute; in fact it's a strange method to have your website add nofollow to uploaded documents, which are basically a file on your server not a page on your site, which is why it's so rare for sites to do this.

      Just an example I use this pack below and it has a few .EDU document sharing sites including one on Harvard.edu (these are my favorite document sharing sites, DA90+ domains and your documents get published along with research papers) and all are dofollow:

      Code:
      http://cottrell.nd.edu/members/1413/blog/2015/Dec/get-3-us-edu-blogs-including-on-harvardedu-plus-2-us-edu-document-sharing-sites-and-15-edu
      So, yes if you go to google and type in document sharing site those top few (as well as many of the bad little spammy ones on the free cms/same platform) are nofollow but all of the really good ones are dofollow and I happen to really like these links; yore basically being quoted in a university document/paper and if your article is unique and on topic it really makes you look like an authority site.

      Not only that but these types of links are so different than all the low quality blog comments, profiles, spammed out wikis, etc. that it's great for diversifying your overall link campaign.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monica29312
    Why you do not use the Forum posting, Blogging, Article submission site? In these sites you can create back link & share your Idea also. In the blogging site, you need to share that blog related information only.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
      Originally Posted by monica29312 View Post

      Why you do not use the Forum posting, Blogging, Article submission site? In these sites you can create back link & share your Idea also. In the blogging site, you need to share that blog related information only.
      That's silly. Its because diversification on its own is valuable to your overall SERPs and helps you avoid a penalty after manual review but also these are very powerful links. In the example I showed above you get a document with full on topic and unique articles with anchor text backlinks referencing your site; not only that but they're on real (high domain authority) university .EDU websites along with research and academic papers that reference and link authority sites - these pass a lot of link juice it makes your site look like one of these sites that's an absolute authority on its topic/niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
    Also I found a link of dofollow .com doc sharing sites, most of the big ones are on there ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author st0nec0ld
    Originally Posted by soniahollis View Post

    Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have just started a blog and want to get in the habit of blogging daily but also promoting those blog posts to get back links etc. I have read that it is best to do a blog post first then re create it and change the format into a document or pdf, video, slideshow etc and then share the edited version of the blog post with various document sharing sites. Does this help to get your ranking up and which sites if many do people use?
    At the moment I am registered with socialadr for my social engagement part inputting my blog url, and then am looking to use spin distribute and then a private blogging network - but thought I needed to recreate the content into different formats before sharing. Sorry for the long post but am feeling a bit lost
    Actually it does, I've done it before though it needs a lot of time and effort but Im sure it pays off. The thing about sharing your article and recreating it is to attract potential traffic. And also to extend your resource and let people know that such content exist.
    Continue with what you are doing, instead of just building links. Nowadays, link building alone is not enough, you must always put your audience on top of everything you do.
    Signature

    12BET | Live Casino Malaysia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
    It's a good practice to re-purpose your content. I normally turn my blog posts into PDF's and upload to sites like Slideshare and also turn it into a video and just link back to my site. If you do that, you'll be able to extend your reach in your niche. Just like the commenter on top said just keep it up. It will work out. A lot of the times, my videos outrank everything, sometimes, it's the PDF, sometimes, it's the blog post. Bottomline, you can get traffic and use that to generate some high quality organic leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
    That's also a good point. Not only a good link source but authority document sharing can bring you good traffic as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10501040].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bishwajit1995
      At present, Document sharing site backlink is very powerful for ranking site. You can try to create one backlink from PDF site daily. It is better to improve your site. Apart from, you can do socil bookmarking, blogging, infographic, video marketing etc.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10501283].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zac Linzmeier
        Originally Posted by Bishwajit1995 View Post

        At present, Document sharing site backlink is very powerful for ranking site. You can try to create one backlink from PDF site daily. It is better to improve your site. Apart from, you can do socil bookmarking, blogging, infographic, video marketing etc.
        Exactly, post some articles to web 2.0s/blogs maybe a guest post wen you can find one, etc. but post some documents you write articles in as well and upload them to document sharing sites, a chance for more articles with links and they're quite different from the rest of these articles which helps with the natural appearance of a normal diverse link building campaign.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503148].message }}
  • Yes you can get dofollow document sharing backlinks. But they are not common at all. Most of them are infact nofollow and only can give you direct traffic and have no effect on your rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sreejanniyogi
    You can also use IFTTT and share the article on autopilot across all social media sites.
    Signature
    >>>Check Out How I Flipped A Site For $14,999<<<
    Warrior Forum's #1 SEO Course With 80+ Power Packed Videos
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503515].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics