Email Marketing Can't Boost SEO

by enjamulahsan Banned
24 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Email Marketing is a secret way to market products and business. But email marketing cant give you SEO Boost. Because email links are not do follow links. So email marketing can't be a good choice for SEO.

And now most of the people don't use or check emails everyday. So if you are thinking about to boost your seo With Email Marketing, Then thats going to be a worst idea.
#boost #email #marketing #seo
  • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
    Originally Posted by enjamulahsan View Post

    Email Marketing is a secret way to market products and business. But email marketing cant give you SEO Boost. Because email links are not do follow links. So email marketing can't be a good choice for SEO.

    And now most of the people don't use or check emails everyday. So if you are thinking about to boost your seo With Email Marketing, Then thats going to be a worst idea.
    Google doesn't and can't index email links. I am not DO-Following you here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mich800
    Was this ever ever a method for seo? or is this just some obvious statement to boost post count?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mich800
    And maybe someone should put together a warrior product on the secret email marketing before the market gets saturated when everyone discovers this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10503971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onSubie
    As a counter point, email can indirectly impact SEO.

    If you have a large and engaged email list that is interested in your content you can use them as traffic to your site.

    Inform them of a new post and put a link in the email. Say arbitrarily you can get 1,000 followers to your email links.

    They like your content so they will

    A) Follow your link providing 1,000 unique hits to your site
    B) Want your content so will read and not leave (low bounce rate)
    C) They are your tribe so they will engage (Social likes/follows/etc)

    So when evaluating your site (SEO) Google will see:

    Increased traffic, low bounce rate and strong social signals.

    These are all things that can boost your SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10504150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author enjamulahsan
      Banned
      Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

      As a counter point, email can indirectly impact SEO.

      If you have a large and engaged email list that is interested in your content you can use them as traffic to your site.

      Inform them of a new post and put a link in the email. Say arbitrarily you can get 1,000 followers to your email links.

      They like your content so they will

      A) Follow your link providing 1,000 unique hits to your site
      B) Want your content so will read and not leave (low bounce rate)
      C) They are your tribe so they will engage (Social likes/follows/etc)

      So when evaluating your site (SEO) Google will see:

      Increased traffic, low bounce rate and strong social signals.

      These are all things that can boost your SEO.
      Yes am agree with you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10505044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
        Originally Posted by enjamulahsan View Post

        Yes am agree with you.
        How do you agree with him when you have just said emails can't give you SEO boost ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10505304].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author onSubie
          Originally Posted by Egyfitness View Post

          How do you agree with him when you have just said emails can't give you SEO boost ?


          Maybe I convinced him


          Edit: Though I would say it would be a very small influence, if any....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10505380].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
            Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

            Maybe I convinced him


            Edit: Though I would say it would be a very small influence, if any....
            Depends on the list size of course. If you have a list of 100K subscribers , google will know you are popular. They have their own ways.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10506008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlyexist
    Maybe by time it will do! because when sending email you're sending traffic! that will increase the visitors! and maybe by time people will write article and refer other people to your website.. thats my opinion,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10505066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author enjamulahsan
      Banned
      Originally Posted by onlyexist View Post

      Maybe by time it will do! because when sending email you're sending traffic! that will increase the visitors! and maybe by time people will write article and refer other people to your website.. thats my opinion,
      Yes, This may happen.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10505103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Markets
    Whoever even thought that emails would help SEO are just plain, not smart.

    Unless, they are saying that by emailing your posts out people will more likely share it on social medias, and more natural links may occur from it.
    Signature
    "There comes a time when people get tired."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10506357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lucky7group
    It is an old way of advertising sites for search engine optimization. You can use other ways of SEO for the best competition like creating backlinks, Social Media, Black hat SEO, White hat SEO, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10508030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pravzz
      by generating back links more and more traffic is created on your web site
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10508427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sumon2k7
    Email marketing was never link building method before and I'm sure people has not used it so far for boosting SEO purpose. However, if you can increase website traffic and conversation by doing email marketing properly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10508273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    What is your point?

    I an not think of one person that has ever used email marketing for SEO

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10508717].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      What is your point?

      I an not think of one person that has ever used email marketing for SEO

      al
      I do it every day (and so do many agencies and SEO professionals...) It's called inbound marketing. If there was a contest for worst thread on WF (which excluded spam) this thread is a serious contender.

      Man, these forums are really getting bad lately.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paladinseo
    who ever told u that it boosts seo? its liek saying chat links can help with seo.
    For the "Email Marketing is a secret way to market products and business" part , im spechless there are soo many threads hier about email marketing and i have no clue why, people seem to think its a full proof method, it was back in the 90's
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toddworleybc
    I have to completely disagree here with enjamulahsan! Yes email marketing can definitely boost your SEO, especially to a page or post! You have to look at other factors then just the link back or selling products and services from an email!

    onSubie is completely right! While it might not have a direct impact on your SEO it does have a VERY big impact indirectly!

    1) time on site (especially if you have a video in that post!)
    2) Increased content sharing on social media platforms!
    3) Increased comments and engagement with that piece of content!

    These are just 3 of the reasons that email marketing is important, not just for selling products and services! But to also promote your content to receive more engagement with your audience which is what Google is truly looking for with any piece of content!

    Without engagement, content is dead in Google's eyes!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sagabizsolutions
    Emails alone can’t directly influence search engine rankings, but proper execution of email campaigns can boost SEO initiatives.Here’s how:
    1.Encourage engagement in your email content
    2.Use keyword-rich anchor texts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Originally Posted by enjamulahsan View Post

    Email Marketing is a secret way to market products and business. But email marketing cant give you SEO Boost. Because email links are not do follow links. So email marketing can't be a good choice for SEO.
    That slap you just heard? It was me facepalming.

    It's just mind boggling that someone would even post anything this ludicrous. Of course email marketing doesn't directly help SEO. How could it? I've had this question from random people a couple of times (over dozen or so years), and even these non-tech-savvy folk instantly realized the obvious problem.

    Mentioning "nofollow" in this context means that you don't understand email, SEO, or both.

    Originally Posted by onSubie

    So when evaluating your site (SEO) Google will see:

    Increased traffic, low bounce rate and strong social signals.
    Google isn't using any of this for ranking your site. Traffic isn't a ranking factor, and bounce rate might be only if the visitors come from Google search. "Social signals" is a completely faith-based claim at this point.

    Originally Posted by
    toddworleybc

    Without engagement, content is dead in Google's eyes!
    Google can't use "engagement" to rank your content. They've only got this data for a small portion of all websites. You're confusing Google Search to YouTube Search. The latter is all about engagement.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author niksto82
    Originally Posted by enjamulahsan View Post

    Email Marketing is a secret way to market products and business. But email marketing cant give you SEO Boost. Because email links are not do follow links. So email marketing can't be a good choice for SEO.

    And now most of the people don't use or check emails everyday. So if you are thinking about to boost your seo With Email Marketing, Then thats going to be a worst idea.
    I have to disagree with this. In fact, it is quite the opposite. E-mail is the basic tool that allows you to perform SEO and you need to know how to use it properly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10510243].message }}
  • But.... i thought this was common sense? Like i'm not trying to be rude or negative but why does this thread exist? It's not needed because the majority of people who are involved with any kind of seo should know this by default. Right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10510260].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author niksto82
      Originally Posted by TotalWebsiteControl View Post

      But.... i thought this was common sense? Like i'm not trying to be rude or negative but why does this thread exist? It's not needed because the majority of people who are involved with any kind of seo should know this by default. Right?
      True that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10510405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fredzmints
    Email marketing cant boost seo but can bring a lot returning traffic!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10510333].message }}

Trending Topics