Google now penalizes sites for unnatural outbound linking

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Did you check out your Google Search Console this weekend?

If so, you might have seen:

If you see this message on the Manual Actions page, it means that Google has detected a pattern of unnatural artificial, deceptive, or manipulative outbound links. Buying links or participating in link schemes in order to manipulate PageRank is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

As a result, Google has applied a manual spam action to the affected portions of your site. Actions that affect your whole site are listed under Site-wide matches. Actions that affect only part of your site and/or some incoming links to your site are listed under Partial matches.


I read about it over at

Google penalizes sites for unnatural outbound linking

Another reason to grow rank organically.....
#google #linking #outbound #penalizes #sites #unnatural
  • Profile picture of the author Str8poopin
    Originally Posted by barbling View Post

    Did you check out your Google Search Console this weekend?

    If so, you might have seen:

    If you see this message on the Manual Actions page, it means that Google has detected a pattern of unnatural artificial, deceptive, or manipulative outbound links. Buying links or participating in link schemes in order to manipulate PageRank is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

    As a result, Google has applied a manual spam action to the affected portions of your site. Actions that affect your whole site are listed under Site-wide matches. Actions that affect only part of your site and/or some incoming links to your site are listed under Partial matches.


    I read about it over at

    Google penalizes sites for unnatural outbound linking

    Another reason to grow rank organically.....
    More proof that Google relies upon links to rank websites.

    I know some people deny that.
    Signature

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} .*google.*$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.google.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charles82
    Backlinks are important because of all the duplicate contents on the internet. If your contents are unique and useful, you don't need to bother.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xnice
    I don't think people will give up and follow white hat SEO.

    SEOers will have more job to do .

    Thank Google.
    Signature
    Need Quality Backlinks: Check Out How To Buy Quality Backlinks in 2018?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    Of course they penalize you for linking to questionable sites. This is news from like 7 years ago.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Not surprising. They've already been devaluing the links from entire sites whenever there's a pattern of paid or otherwise unnatural links. I'm in the impression that the receiving site is in danger too.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MalikaS
      Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

      Not surprising. They've already been devaluing the links from entire sites whenever there's a pattern of paid or otherwise unnatural links. I'm in the impression that the receiving site is in danger too.
      True!
      Receiving sites would be in danger based on the past algorithm updates.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10636238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kritikasingh
    This is a great step from Google as it decrease non-relevant presence of links from the websites. Moreover quality is more important than quantity, so it is good for everyone. Its a win-win situation for both ends as Google do not have to penalize and website owner if working under guidelines do not have to worry about getting penalised...........
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Not entirely new...Google deindexes PBNs on the same basis.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    What is new about this is the messaging. It's a bit more transparent than before. The actions are nothing new though.
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10635615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazimuhith
    Very old news..a piece of cake for google...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10636058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    You're hearing about it again because they can't fix PBNs.

    They can insert mass hysteria into the SEO market, though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10636084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tim3
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      They can insert mass hysteria into the SEO market, though.
      Yeah, they're very good at getting folks to walk on eggshells, and self-destructing their sites, like with the disavow tool
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10636235].message }}

Trending Topics