SEO Trends That Are Dominating 2016

51 replies
  • SEO
  • |
SEO is not constant but an ever-changing concept; that is why, every other year, there comes a trend that changes SEO forever.

The Google mobile-friendly update in the middle of 2015 was a game changer. Some named that update mobilepocalyse, and others named it mopocalypse. The reason for this was because the mobile-friendly update meant the death of SEO and the rise of mobile-friendly websites.

Since then the SEO industry has been trying different ways to stay ahead in the competition. They came up with various trends that stabilized not only their situations but also revolutionized the entire concept of SEO.

Keeping this in mind, there are many old and new trends that will continue to dominate the year 2016 and the years to come.

Engagement on Social Media
The SEO trend that will dominate the future is the engagement on social networking sites. That is because Google has started to state those businesses in its search results that have a notable presence on networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
So the businesses, to stay on top of Google pages, will make sure that their engagement on the networking sites is a top priority.

Customers' Reviews for Better Ranking
Google Maps has long ended the practice of showing top seven companies in the result sections. It has changed the number to only three which means that only three companies have a chance of appearing in the Google Maps. This change was introduced because 95% of the results received fewer clicks.
To tackle this, the companies would have to rely heavily on the web traffics and customers' reviews of their services. Only then will they be able to stay in the top three results in Google Maps.
The competition to stay on top for SEO industries have just gotten tough.

Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
The first thing site owners want is web traffic and the second thing they want is to get the most out of the web traffic. This can be achieved by Conversion Rate Optimization, in which the business owners let each of the users experience a different version of their website. This is purely carried out in a bid to know which version has the more conversion rate.
You may ask what this have to do with SEO? Then know that all the clicks, all the web traffic and the increased conversion rate will help your site in ranking better. This SEO trend will continue to dominate for a very long time.

Longer Content
A piece of content that's much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services. Thus persuading the visitors to take immediate action.
It will be a dominating trend of SEO because the longer content is ranked better on Google search than the shorter ones.

SEO industry will never perish because it plays an important role in the survival of startups and local businesses. The changes and new trends will continue to come in the SEO industry to ensure its survival.
#2016 #dominating #seo #trends
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by dansilvestre View Post

    Engagement on Social Media
    The SEO trend that will dominate the future is the engagement on social networking sites. That is because Google has started to state those businesses in its search results that have a notable presence on networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
    So the businesses, to stay on top of Google pages, will make sure that their engagement on the networking sites is a top priority.




    The latest fad chasers tried to play the social media is SEO card a few years ago. Guess, what, still a no go. Nofollow links are still nofollow links regardless how you sugarcoat the nonsense.

    As far as ranking social media pages, it doesn't make sense when you could just as easily rank a self hosted money page. Seriously, is there a lot of competition on the SERPs for your personal name or business name (doubtful)?















    Originally Posted by dansilvestre View Post

    Longer Content
    A piece of content that’s much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services. Thus persuading the visitors to take immediate action.
    It will be a dominating trend of SEO because the longer content is ranked better on Google search than the shorter ones.


    That's a COMPLETE BS comment.

    Do you really think, dafont.com needs a 25,000 word thesis? The answer is NO, traffic wants downloadable fonts, not long ass pages of fluff.

    What's the word count on the average 10 million view Youtube video page, maybe 100 words?

    Maybe step away from the Brian Dean more must be better Kool_Aid.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10689691].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post


      That's a COMPLETE BS comment.
      Calling something out and TRYING to trash their opinion is easy- backing it up is more productive.

      you really think, dafont.com needs a 25,000 word thesis?
      Does the average Imer have the link and other authority of Dafonts?.Thats like the ancient example of "click here" and adobe reader. Its worthless to a webmaster that didn't have the millions of links to Adobe's page

      What's the word count on the average 10 million view Youtube video page, maybe 100 words?
      Same thing. go ahead and put up a single Youtube Video on your own page not Google's own Youtube.com and write two sentences under it and see how it ranks in a competitive niche. We all await seeing the results of your case study.

      This is just such obvious stuff. Basic LSI indicates Google ranks pages with signals of related words. How many of those are you going to have in a sentence as opposed to a paragraph? or a page as opposed to two paragraphs. OP didnt' specify a length just a general principle of covering a subject .

      Trying to pretend like the Op has no point or that its BS when google routinely sends out notice for thin content sites is weeeak.

      Maybe step away from the Brian Dean more must be better Kool_Aid.
      or better yet he can read about LSI and show that all things equal without extremes he's right and you are wrong. So frankly he's probably better with Brian who understands LSI and how longer pieces of content all things being equal are more likely to have more LSI signals than one sentence pages.

      Plus for very obvious reasons the 2,000 word article is more likely to pick up longtail than a short sentence.

      About the only thing you are right about is that content is not just text (but then the Op didn't state that either). However that hardly negates the many serps in which text does matter.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690136].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Calling something out and TRYING to trash their opinion is easy- backing it up is more productive.

        Funny coming from a PBN domain seller that bailed on buyers and then disappears for a few months.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dansilvestre
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      That's a COMPLETE BS comment.

      Do you really think, dafont.com needs a 25,000 word thesis? The answer is NO, traffic wants downloadable fonts, not long ass pages of fluff.

      What's the word count on the average 10 million view Youtube video page, maybe 100 words?

      Maybe step away from the Brian Dean more must be better Kool_Aid.
      I personally think it's great we have these discussions on the forum.

      You don't have to believe my opinion on the importance of long content, take instead:
      - Neil Patel: How Content Length Affects Rankings and Conversions
      - Moz: How Usability, User Experience & Content Affect Search Engine Rankings
      - Search Engine Land: The SEO And User Science Behind Long-Form Content

      With that being said, I do understand your comments regarding video and dafont.com. But we both know I was talking about personal blogging...
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690553].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by dansilvestre View Post

        I personally think it's great we have these discussions on the forum.

        You don't have to believe my opinion on the importance of long content, take instead:
        - Neil Patel: How Content Length Affects Rankings and Conversions
        - Moz: How Usability, User Experience & Content Affect Search Engine Rankings
        - Search Engine Land: The SEO And User Science Behind Long-Form Content

        With that being said, I do understand your comments regarding video and dafont.com. But we both know I was talking about personal blogging...


        That's funny because Neil is in cahoots with Brian Dean.

        Ranking pages doesn't require a wall of text, doesn't matter If it's a blog, an image gallery or a video page. It all works the same way, optimizing key locations on a webpage (ex: title, heading tags, anchor-text, etc...), internal links and followed inbound backlinks from authority pages on other domains.

        If you need a wall of text for traffic, cool, go for it, give traffic what they want but more text isn't a ranking factor. Matter of fact breaking up a wall of text webpage into a silo is better SEO (series of relevant internal pages) because you have the advantage of optimizing tons of internal link anchor-text from internal pages compared to a single webpage.

        Besides, traffic usually has the attention span of a goldfish.

        Ask Mike Anthony about moz, he's the resident moz fanboy, lol.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692319].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          That's funny because Neil is in cahoots with Brian Dean.
          Its a conspiracy I tell ya!! Moz, Brian Neit Patel, SearcheEngineland all SEOs but us forum poster gurus are just making it up...lol

          Ranking pages doesn't require a wall of text,

          I think you should have read the Op before the fact that he's is a community manger appointed by FL (I suppose) enraged your sensibilities. nothing was said about a wall of text. it reads

          A piece of content that’s much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services.
          That is what was said.. You just made all that wall of text up for a strawman.


          doesn't matter If it's a blog, an image gallery or a video page. It all works the same way, optimizing key locations on a webpage (ex: title, heading tags, anchor-text, etc...), internal links and followed inbound backlinks from authority pages on other domains.
          Rubbish. On page factors matter and very often in some niches textual content helps increase LSI signals. Can you rank without it? Why yes because the algo is weighted, get mad links have other factors and you can overcome deficiencies.

          There is not anyone reading this who knowsSEO whether they will admit it or not that does Not know that if you go put up a youtube video on your own blog (not google's Youtube.com) and put one sentence under it you are going to struggle harder to rank it than you would if you gave more signals to Google what the page is about including semantically related keywords

          Anyone with even a kindergarten level understanding of SEO is going to realize you are going to pick up less long tails as well on a short body of words. You always go to the strawman extreme "wall of text" even when no one stated any such thing.

          Any new person reading this - go do a few searches on google across various subjects and see how often you see a page with a sentence ranking with the factors Yukon is stating without additional text to show what the site.is about. You'll see some niches due to various other signals but if you do various subjects you will learn that in many sufficient text is needed. the more details on the subject the better

          Before people go off critiquing leaders in SEO and other people you would think they would go learn a little about LSI

          https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...defined/21642/

          Meanwhile notice the detractors can't answer the simple question of which will have more LSI signals a short blurb or a more thoroughly well written page? Because they can't . If they answer it they will look like fools.

          Anyway I only take this place in short spurts these days. Dan good post and good move by FL looking to get community mangers engaged. Chart your course and don't make some posters derail it. they'll junk up the forum and then say - aha see FL sucks.

          toodles
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692397].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            Its a conspiracy I tell ya!! Moz, Brian Neit Patel, SearcheEngineland all SEOs but us forum poster gurus are just making it up...lol




            I think you should have read the Op before the fact that he's is a community manger appointed by FL (I suppose) enraged your sensibilities. nothing was said about a wall of text. it reads



            That is what was said.. You just made all that wall of text up for a strawman.




            Rubbish. On page factors matter and very often in some niches textual content helps increase LSI signals. Can you rank without it? Why yes because the algo is weighted, get mad links have other factors and you can overcome deficiencies.

            There is not anyone reading this who knowsSEO whether they will admit it or not that does Not know that if you go put up a youtube video on your own blog (not google's Youtube.com) and put one sentence under it you are going to struggle harder to rank it than you would if you gave more signals to Google what the page is about including semantically related keywords

            Anyone with even a kindergarten level understanding of SEO is going to realize you are going to pick up less long tails as well on a short body of words. You always go to the strawman extreme "wall of text" even when no one stated any such thing.

            Any new person reading this - go do a few searches on google across various subjects and see how often you see a page with a sentence ranking with the factors Yukon is stating without additional text to show what the site.is about. You'll see some niches due to various other signals but if you do various subjects you will learn that in many sufficient text is needed. the more details on the subject the better

            Before people go off critiquing leaders in SEO and other people you would think they would go learn a little about LSI

            https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...defined/21642/

            Meanwhile notice the detractors can't answer the simple question of which will have more LSI signals a short blurb or a more thoroughly well written page? Because they can't . If they answer it they will look like fools.

            Anyway I only take this place in short spurts these days. Dan good post and good move by FL looking to get community mangers engaged. Chart your course and don't make some posters derail it. they'll junk up the forum and then say - aha see FL sucks.

            toodles



            Wipe that brown stuff off your nose and we'll talk SEO.

            I never said on-page doesn't matter, shit I've been preaching on-page optimization since before you was spamming weak web 2.0s back in the day.

            I'll show you a perfect example of how an authority site butchered it's on-page SEO...

            A few years ago when Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey the #1 ranked page for the keyword hurricane was from hxxp://science.howstuffworks.com. They had the perfect series of siloed webpages, keyword anchor-text for internal series links, nailed it and ranking for dozens of keywords.

            Today they (hxxp://science.howstuffworks.com) rank #86 because now their internal hurricane series pages have two keyword anchor-text words (Next & Prev). Fail and Fail.

            LSI, give me a break...

            LSI can easily be spread out over multiple internal pages and crush a single ranked page with the same amount of text (assuming same external backlinks).

            I'll take double or triple ranked pages per keyword over a one hit wonder wall of text any day. You obviously don't value SERP CTRs.
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692457].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              I never said on-page doesn't matter, shit I've been preaching on-page optimization since before you was spamming weak web 2.0s back in the day.
              So about the time you were trying to sell "how to fake being a wikipedia author to spam links on it " by PM....lol......Yep used some third party sites back in the day when they worked so did your pals. Shucks some of them still crank out garbage for churn and burn with GSA....lol. and its 2016. not 2010.

              Today they (hxxp://science.howstuffworks.com) rank #86 because now their internal hurricane series pages have two keyword anchor-text words (Next & Prev). Fail and Fail.

              Pure crapola bait and switch. Who said a site couldn't be wrecked by internal structure? No one. Who said you could skip internal structure if you had longer text? No one (of course ignoring the obvious fact that you are referring to a ranking four years ago with an algo that changed several times since then and pretending to know where it would rank based on a single factor today - which is near garbage for a scientific correlation equal cause scenario). you are just fudging to something else because you can't answer a basic SEO question


              Whats more likely to have more LSI signals a sentence or a paragraph a parapgrah or a page well written? You can't answer in like five tries now but try to fudge like its either short text or good internal structure. Weeeeeeaakk. You probably should have waited for me to be totally gone before you tried that nonsense strawman

              LSI can easily be spread out over multiple internal pages and crush a single ranked page with the same amount of text (assuming same external backlinks).
              Try and fool the newbs all you want. google still ranks pages. No one is talking about one page wonders or thin sites otherwise but an entire domain with related content that can be structured internally well. So you still get all the added goodness of relevance through the site not either or. I'll take solid content that covers the subject and niche well on all my pages and link accordingly and smoke your nonsense.

              Your either or strawman just flopped again

              I'll take double or triple ranked pages per keyword over a one hit wonder wall of text any day. You obviously don't value SERP CTRs.
              keep riding the wall of text strawman that no one stated. Apparently its all you got besides ducking and weaving from a very basic LSI question

              Rock on with the strawmen and diversions in my absence
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeflation
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      That's a COMPLETE BS comment.

      Do you really think, dafont.com needs a 25,000 word thesis? The answer is NO, traffic wants downloadable fonts, not long ass pages of fluff.

      What's the word count on the average 10 million view Youtube video page, maybe 100 words?

      Maybe step away from the Brian Dean more must be better Kool_Aid.

      yes, seems everyone is smoking too much Backlinko pole lately
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    So is the new policy to have "Community Managers" post misinformation?

    SEO is not constant but an ever-changing concept; that is why, every other year, there comes a trend that changes SEO forever.

    The Google mobile-friendly update in the middle of 2015 was a game changer. Some named that update mobilepocalyse, and others named it mopocalypse. The reason for this was because the mobile-friendly update meant the death of SEO and the rise of mobile-friendly websites.

    Since then the SEO industry has been trying different ways to stay ahead in the competition. They came up with various trends that stabilized not only their situations but also revolutionized the entire concept of SEO.
    The only thing accurate in these 3 paragraphs is that Google released an update around mobile search results. It did not mean "the death of SEO" or the rise of mobile friendly websites. The update ONLY impacted mobile search results, and even in mobile search it really did not seem to have much of an impact if you actually tracked any of it.

    The opening sentence is just completely wrong. SEO is not an ever changing concept. It has never changed. SEO is about optimizing pages to get more visibility in search engines. Nothing has ever changed about that. Ever.

    Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
    The first thing site owners want is web traffic and the second thing they want is to get the most out of the web traffic. This can be achieved by Conversion Rate Optimization, in which the business owners let each of the users experience a different version of their website. This is purely carried out in a bid to know which version has the more conversion rate.

    You may ask what this have to do with SEO? Then know that all the clicks, all the web traffic and the increased conversion rate will help your site in ranking better. This SEO trend will continue to dominate for a very long time.
    I would love to see some actual evidence produced for this.

    CRO is not a ranking factor. On most webpages, Google has no idea what the conversion rate is. So how can it improve rankings? A really simple example would be a website trying to generate phone calls. If someone comes to my webpage and dials the number on the page, how would Google ever know? (Yes, I know someone could setup a Google phone number, etc. and maybe they could pull data from there. But 99.9% of businesses are not doing that.)


    I get what the forum is trying to do, but you might want to have someone who actually does SEO write these articles or at least review them before you publish things that are... well... kind of embarrassing to the community. Unfortunately, because of your title and association with the forum, newbies who are trying to learn about the topics you are posting about and do not know any better are going to assume that you know what you are talking about. This kind of misinformation can lead them down the wrong path and just into nothing but poor results and frustration.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10689846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by dansilvestre View Post

    SEO is not constant but an ever-changing concept; that is why, every other year, there comes a trend that changes SEO forever.

    The Google mobile-friendly update in the middle of 2015 was a game changer. Some named that update mobilepocalyse, and others named it mopocalypse. The reason for this was because the mobile-friendly update meant the death of SEO and the rise of mobile-friendly websites.
    Good post Dan. Ignore the wannabe Gurus trashing you. As long as you are not hanging on their every word that is what they will do. Obviously if the title of your OP is SEO trends and SEO changing then what you mean by death of SEO is SEO as we knew it. mobile has changed it. More people are using mobile devices to search and that has redefined things like "being above the fold" and "ranking first page" .That will only continue.

    Engagement on Social Media
    The SEO trend that will dominate the future is the engagement on social networking sites. That is because Google has started to state those businesses in its search results that have a notable presence on networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.0
    I don't think they are there yet but its obvious the way they want to go - not so much specific social sites but the entire social graph. They backed away from a few of the later tries but they want to be able to rate authors and writers by rep etc. SO though i expect some bumps and drops yes expect google to continue to do what they have expressed they want - to rate pages not just by the content but the rep of the writers. Again not so much in a particular social network but across the entire social graph in regard to reputation etc. They are still struggling with that though so I wouldn't bet all my chips on that quite yet.

    You may ask what this have to do with SEO? Then know that all the clicks, all the web traffic and the increased conversion rate will help your site in ranking better. This SEO trend will continue to dominate for a very long time.
    I don't see how any rationale person can groan and whine about this in broad terms.Its a pretty obvious fact. Google is user search engine result driven. Their business relies on adwords and advertising and their share of traffic is dependent on user experience. OF course they want to gauge UX. Conversion for sales no but conversion metrics of showing how people are engaging with your site particularly if you are in the top results is a given.

    Longer Content
    A piece of content that's much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services
    Despite the hissing from some there is some truth to this. Personally i don't think its the length directly but the fact that longer and more content tends to cover a subject more precisely and include more LSI terms. Particularly if it not just gibberish. Can short or even no written content rank? Of course. Google's algo is multi layered so you can have some factors compensate for others but generally all things being equal throw up a crappy paragraph on a subject or get a good writer to cover a subject in depth the latter is going to do better and catch more longtail. Pretty obvious.

    SEO industry will never perish because it plays an important role in the survival of startups and local businesses. The changes and new trends will continue to come in the SEO industry to ensure its survival.
    Precisely as I thought you were trying to say. Good post over all. never mind people who are afraid of change and keep posting.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Good post Dan.
      Predictable.

      Doesn't know SEO but still brown noses because of a persons TITLE.

      If you want to talk SEO, GREAT, but OPs nonsense is obviously fluff to fill the forum. Has nothing to do with ranking pages on the SERPs.

      Show me a few 10 million view Youtube videos with a bunch of text [meh], not happening. Save the nonsense for noobs that don't know any better.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690413].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Predictable.

        Doesn't know SEO but still brown noses because of a persons TITLE.
        Nothing to do with title. simple logical question (the kind that yet again stumps guru wannabes). How many LSI signals are you going to have in asentence rather than a paragraph?

        A kid could see the common sense answer there. boats losing water. Mayday! So of course all things being equal more content will give more opportunity for more related signals. Captain Obvious.


        Show me a few 10 million view Youtube videos with a bunch of text [meh], not happening. Save the nonsense for noobs that don't know any better.
        Show me an IMer that owns Youtube and with mad authority. Save the nonsense distraction for the newbs.. I'll talk SEO just fine . Its you thats dancing all over the place with personal asides and the usual nonsense about things you know nothing about.

        GO ahead. Wow us all with your great SEO and put a youtube video on a domain you own and rank it with one sentence for something competitive. Case studies are fine bro ....we await

        Claiming youutube videso rank so that proves a case against content is just silliness. it ignores all the powerful authority running through youtube that the average Imer doesn't have.

        Everyone here knows that garbage would struggle to rank off youtube so trying to run off to oh look at Google's youttube just doesn't work

        Want real SEO talk? You can't handle the real SEO talk! (said like Nicholson)

        Which is why you tried yet again to float a lie you had to retract before because plenty of people left WF for quite a bit of time without running anywhere while ignoring your own failures trying to sell fake king wikipedia editor "WSOs" by PM

        tsk tsk...step up to the plate and try and have a rational discussion without the usual garbage - "if you don;t agree with me you don''t know SEO". Iguess I must be the bearer of bad news to you - the vast majority of people here no longer care for anyone's guru status. That's sunk. You took the wrong path being a Forum guru. They more know your heroes Brian Dean, Patel and shucks even Rand ( take he blood pressure medicine after reading that ).

        So some substance next post? or you can just ignore the question to save face. (I got my bets placed)

        Missed it?

        WHich is going to have more LSI factors Sherlock.....a one sentence blurb or a paragraph of text properly written

        Crickets because you can't answer without either admitting I am right or looking slly denying the obvious.

        Might do well to go to a video to try and distract you can't answer.....

        Or maybe the ghost or Iawr will step in and unleash some new claim and lie just because someone disagrees with the Spartacus farternity
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690476].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mkii
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690521].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by mkii View Post

            It's taken me awhile to piece it together
            Nope the rest of your post shows you are still lost

            So awhile ago you made some statements about different kinds of SEO not working.

            Well since I actually do SEO and I run a lot of tests, I know that you are wrong.
            You know squat and who knows what you do or don't do. Its just your claim and you have based your entire deconstructing of my SEO knowledge based merely on your unsubstantiated say so. A banned under another account say so I might add. Almost any and everything "works" in some serp because google has to rank something. What most professional SEOs therefore talk about is what works in competitive serps.

            This really only leaves me with one conclusion that makes sense:
            That presumes your logic makes sense which no one is obliged to accept as a given.

            by showing sites you are studying or your competitors, without revealing your sites.
            and how does one show their competitors without giving away their niche oh Swami of SEO? See why I say you make no sense? Nevertheless you are a relative new comer to this forum. Almost all the regulars shared sites and gave examples a few year ago. Now the forum is deadish with people who don't really care so your point is pointless. You are trying to make a point based on what you don't know because you are a newb to this forum.

            Also, over time, you could give somewhat vague examples of what kind of stuff you work with like "finance" or "consumer products" so we have some idea what you're talking about,
            Over time from 2009 I have said many times - professional sites and brick and mortar businesses. Again how sensible is it to try and make points based on your ignorance being a newb to this section?

            You also said that "White Hat SEO" was not building links, which, I mean... Brain Dean discusses building links on his site about "White Hat SEO" so you don't even practice what you preach.
            I don't know if there is some other language i can explain it to you in since between this thread and others it will be about five times I have tried to explain it to you in English but in White hat link building you do not build your own links. Link building is done by the getting webmasters to place links to you not building them yourself.

            At this point I guess you will just be eternally confused but just about everyone else in all the threads you have been in with this has understood this very basic thing about White Hat SEO
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690562].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author mkii
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              Now the forum is deadish with people who don't really care so your point is pointless.
              The reason this forum is "deadish" is because of people like you, who think their post count directly correlates to their knowledge.

              This never was the best place to get information about SEO.

              And when you've got a guy, who doesn't even do SEO, who's business model is to make as many posts as possible, start arguments with people, so he can run his post count up, so that he can make money off forum signatures traffic, obviously this place is obviously going to be toxic.

              Why do you think people who are actually knowledgeable about SEO don't really come here?

              Why should they? They can join a Facebook group with people who actually DO SEO... People who know there's 4.7 billion websites, 1,000,000 niches, 10,000 different ways to make money doing this, and they'll just show their site and give away their techniques, because it does not matter anymore. Google is so slow now that as long as I'm doing competitive research, you're not just going to sneak up on somebody and out rank them over night.

              To Dan Silvestre: You want to know the #1 easiest way to clean this forum and many other sections of this site up? I really hope you have the ability to communicate this message to the right people: For years people have abused the heck out of these forums, because this site has traffic (what all marketers want) and they can get it, just by posting at a very high frequency, with a link in their signature.

              To me, as a professional marketer, I would absolutely never use a link in my signature. If I wanted traffic from this site, I would use it to build my reputation and I would put my real name, that's it. I would never do it on WarriorForums because this website has become toxic. I don't want anything to do with what these forums have become. I would rather go buy traffic, from Google, or Bing, for a few pennies, then sit here and post, and argue with people, just for the sake of "free traffic."

              SEO is a pretty simple concept to understand, but it's hard to be successful. SEO can often times be a drawn out battle, over years.

              This forum should be about helping people who are struggling, not opportunistically trying to make a quick buck off an unknowledgable person.

              Signature links in certain sections are fine, like the War Room, but these forums are #1 getting spammed to death and #2 are getting completely ruined by people where posting here is their business model.

              If you guys sit down and actually look at the regular posters to this forum, the main contributors don't use a link in their signature to a site they try to make money off of. Why? Because we make money, we understand that SEO is not that easy for most people (it's not hard when you figure it out) and we don't need the minuscule amount of money we could make from a link in our signature. It's not worth our time. I'd rather come on here and try to help a few struggling people out get moving in the right direction, because there's a lot of noise in this space and I understand how hard it can be to figure out, what you really need to do.

              This forum has become a place where people are arguing, to make money, it's ridiculous.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mkii
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Give me a reason I should even bother with you and reward you by teaching you SEO since your other account was banned when you went off the rails to me in another thread?

      But for kicks and giggles I'll answer your more general questions not teach you how to rank your own. bad behaviour shouldn't be rewarded with financial gain
      Alex Becker, Gregory Ortiz, Hayden, and a few other people give this information away along with working techniques on Youtube. You won't answer my question, because you don't do SEO and you don't rank sites.

      And it's obvious to me now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690584].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by mkii View Post

        Alex Becker, Gregory Ortiz, Hayden, and a few other people give this information away along with working techniques on Youtube. You won't answer my question, because you don't do SEO and you don't rank sites.

        And it's obvious to me now.
        Nope nowhere in there is there any rational reason why anyone has to answer any demands from a banned user with a double account who was banned after threats and acting like a loony tune.

        Meanwhile most of my nearly 4,000 thanks were from sharing about SEO in this very forum. Your credibility is zilch

        I wouldn't give such a user a nickle much less my time worth more than that. You are free andclear to keep thinking white hat link building is when you place links yourself to your money site.......... .lol...chuckle...chuckle
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Incidentally I wold love to see where Brian Dean says you build your own links to your money sites in White Hat SEO.


    Link please...

    If he did then he's wrong but I think the odds are pretty good you just made that up.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10690580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mkii
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10691124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    Every time someone mentions "social media" and "SEO" in the same SEO "guide" I wanna puke.

    Mike Anthony,

    Ever since you came back to this forum you have changed your signature 5 different times pushing 5 different crappy products or services. Plus you offer corny SEO advice. It's clear why you are back....you are broke LOL.

    Imagine if your name was "Raj Muhammed" or something and you were new to this forum LMFAO talking all this shit with all those signatures LOL.
    Signature
    A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

    CLICK HERE! LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

      Ever since you came back to this forum you have changed your signature 5 different times pushing 5 different crappy products or services. Plus you offer corny SEO advice. It's clear why you are back....you are broke LOL.
      Pure lies from the same tired group upset at my support for FL (and in this thread upset at my thinking a community managers post was not the trash they say it is). not surprised - I predicted the lies would increase. I have not had a product for sale in my sig for years and anyone that visits the one I do have now will see themselves what a liar you are. Its a free signup site for a beta, No purchase required.Only kiddies would think a free sign up site in your sig meant you were broke.

      I do not make a dime from sigs because I don't have to.

      Besides for all we know you are just yet another duplicate account for Iawr. he has like 50 or so stretching back forever and some even where he talks back and forth between himself (though duplicate accounts)....lol

      He loves returning to threads he was last in before being banned so the plot thickens

      Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

      s pushing 5 different crappy products or services. Plus you offer corny SEO advice.
      well of course because to can't learn anything new black hatters like yourself anything white hat is corny. Only thing is every time there's a google algo update or they send out notices of manual action its mostly the black hatters sobbing, cryign and stomping their little feet all over the internet saying "its not fair The google done tanked my sites"

      Keep trucking to the next penalty crying session. Churn and burn while real business minded people are building sites that can last
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10692124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
    Hey guys, could we turn this back into a productive thread?

    You've taken over Dan's thread with your pissing contests.

    Just sayin....

    Patrick
    Signature
    Free eBook =>
    The Secret To Success In Any Business
    Yes, Any Business!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10693777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
      Originally Posted by Enfusia View Post

      Hey guys, could we turn this back into a productive thread?

      You've taken over Dan's thread with your pissing contests.

      Just sayin....

      Patrick
      Dan's post is highly inaccurate.

      Here we go again with the "social media = good SEO" when they are 2 entirely different things...sending heaps amount of traffic from social media to your site is good because traffic is a ranking signal but that doesn't mean a social media presence alone is worth anyhing.

      social media accounts are free LOL there not worth ANYTHING simply by just HAVING THEM.

      and longer content is good? give me an EFFIN break. the 'ol "300-500 post count minimum" BS again.....hahahaha

      The post is bunk. This thread should get taken over.
      Signature
      A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

      CLICK HERE! LOL
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10693826].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
        Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

        Dan's post is highly inaccurate.

        Here we go again with the "social media = good SEO" when they are 2 entirely different things...sending heaps amount of traffic from social media to your site is good because traffic is a ranking signal but that doesn't mean a social media presence alone is worth anyhing.

        social media accounts are free LOL there not worth ANYTHING simply by just HAVING THEM.

        and longer content is good? give me an EFFIN break. the 'ol "300-500 post count minimum" BS again.....hahahaha

        The post is bunk. This thread should get taken over.
        Instead of taking it over, why don't you tell everyone the correct way to do it?

        That's productive.

        Patrick
        Signature
        Free eBook =>
        The Secret To Success In Any Business
        Yes, Any Business!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Enfusia View Post

      Hey guys, could we turn this back into a productive thread?

      You've taken over Dan's thread with your pissing contests.

      Just sayin....

      Patrick

      Yet you didn't add a single thing related to SEO, so your just pissing like everyone else.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Yet you didn't add a single thing related to SEO, so your just pissing like everyone else.
        Ok, ok, ok. TECHNICALLY you're correct.

        But, you know what I meant.

        Patrick
        Signature
        Free eBook =>
        The Secret To Success In Any Business
        Yes, Any Business!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Darrel Wilson
    one of my seo contacts in india told me that google is swaying away from backlinks and are interested more in content. I think its just a matter of time before backlinks are obselete
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694380].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Why do you pair longer and informative with shorter and confusing?

      Long can be confusing, you know?

      What if I can say in 400 words what takes you 800 words? Which is better? The content of the content is the same, but I say it in fewer words.

      Let's make it neutral. Writer 1 can convey in 400 words the exact same information that writer 2 needs 800 words do convey. Which is better?

      I am going directly to the store.

      vs

      I am going to go to the store in a way that is not roundabout.

      Which is better?


      For the rest? My experience says what you're saying is not true. I also doubt that some of what you say will happen... because it's going to be easy to manipulate.

      And the death of SEO? Really?

      Originally Posted by dansilvestre View Post

      Longer Content
      A piece of content that’s much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services. Thus persuading the visitors to take immediate action.
      It will be a dominating trend of SEO because the longer content is ranked better on Google search than the shorter ones.

      .
      Mike, may I point out to you that the very sentence you are reading right now is a paragraph?

      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post


      WHich is going to have more LSI factors Sherlock.....a one sentence blurb or a paragraph of text properly written
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694463].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Mike, may I point out to you that the very sentence you are reading right now is a paragraph?

        He thinks LSIs can only be located in articles [sad].
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694635].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Why do you pair longer and informative with shorter and confusing?

        Long can be confusing, you know?
        Maybe you are reading another post DABK. I don't see anyone saying long can't be written badly. What I see is someone saying short and confusing because it may be so short as to not cover the topic with sufficient details is worse than long when it does cover the subject..

        What a few of you have done including the forum guru wannabes is change what was said to to something else - that no matter what long is better than short even if it adds nothing - which isn't even remotely what Dan posted

        Mike, may I point out to you that the very sentence you are reading right now is a paragraph?

        and? In what planet is that a denial that in greater usage a paragraph is amde up of multiples sentences. its testament to the low quality if this forum you think that makes any significant point.

        Now try to apply yourself to something more to the point. If a decent writer is going to explain the Star wars series whose going to cover it better , have more keywords , phrases and relevant signals - A decent writer that writes three sentences or even the same writer going in depth for a whole page?

        Thats so obvious its LAUGHABLE to debate and shows why the regulars still here who post and complain about the forums at the same time, day after day (because they have nothing better to do or anywhere else to feel valuable), junk up this forum just as much as the Indian SEO that hasn't read any English articles on SEO in five years.

        Dan didn't say a thing about adding words for gibberish or even a set number of words or "wall of text" like one posters continues to lie about. He just said hey longer and more detailed will beat short and confusing any day (which doesn't say short alone means confusing on every subject either)

        This reminds me of an article I read a few months back (by one of the Forum guru wannabes already in this thread) blasting Neil Patel for saying .edu and .gov links are good links to get. The forum guru wannabe immediately equates that with the nitwits running around trying to get spam links on .gov and .edus. but that isn't even remotely what Patel was referring to (but the forum guru wannabe spends so much time hanging out on black hat forums he swears referring to edus and gov sites must be that).

        What Patel was referring to is obvious. Most Gov and edu sites have authority, they get linked to a lot. If a university writes about your site in a piece and chooses to link to it that's golden for the greater amount of edus out there because most get solid incoming links. The same if white house .gov links to it. Of course that kind of organic link isn;t even remotely close to the kind of thing a spammer is talking about and the Forum guru wannabe rubs shoulders with them more often so doesn't have the sophistication or experience outside the blackhat world to know the difference of what is being referred to.

        Hence the rant and silliness because the forum guru wannabe is inexperienced in any SEO outside the grey and black he knows about. Same thing here - Dan says longer more detailed content will do better than short and confusing and the Guru wannabes and SEO neophytes (who know little but the SEO that is talked about on BH forums) go in a tizzy that he is talking about a set length or a "wall of text" or adding words that have no additional value

        Its all they know.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696122].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DABK
          Here are Dan's words (I've emphasized the part you say doesn't exist):

          "Longer Content

          A piece of content that's much longer and informative is much better than shorter and confusing content. Extra content on your website will be quick in resolving the confusion of the visitors, and will provide them with sufficient information regarding your services. Thus persuading the visitors to take immediate action.
          It will be a dominating trend of SEO because the longer content is ranked better on Google search than the shorter ones. "

          If you re-read what I wrote, you'll notice that it fits. And, I never disagreed with longer content can have more related keywords. I am just noticing that Dan compared longer and informative with shorter and confusing. And I know for a fact that short content doesn't have to be confusing and long content can be confusing, so I don't accept his premise. And, yes, the 2nd sentence there, the one about extra content, does make it sound like he is saying that shorter is always confusing.

          Nor do I accept the premise that, to rank, content has to make sense, be interesting, convert.

          I've ranked once a bunch of pages for local keywords (Keyword + suburb name). I wrote short content, long content and silly content.

          Let me explain: short content: 150-250 words; long content: 800-1200 words; silly content: I googled the main keyword, copied the 1st page in Google (you know, select all, right click and copy) and pasted it on my page, which had the main keyword and the suburb name, a short intro and a conclusion.

          The silly content ranked #4, I had several pages of long content, all ranking between 4 and 10, several pages of short content, all ranking between 4 and 8.

          The suburbs were not all of equal difficulty. The silly one was just as difficult as some of the ones that got to be #4, 5 and 6.

          I've ranked #1 a page with the keyword as title and the keyword as article. Yes, it was an easy keyword, but I've ranked equally easy keywords that were part of 500 words and it was not easier.

          As regards, paragraphs being, usually, made up of more than one sentence, we are in agreement. But you were not precise with your words, and I corrected that. It's using many related keywords that's helpful, not using paragraphs. The 1st page in Google that ranked #4 from get go, had only 2 paragraphs, the intro and the conclusion. The rest of it was not even close to being a paragraph.

          Dan is really arguing that short is confusing and that extra content will resolve the confusion. And I don't agree with that. I don't agree that 3 paragraphs is always confusing but 18 never is. And I also don't agree that longer content is ranked better, based on experience.

          I have content that's 2,000+ words articles. It doesn't rank better, it ranks on page 2 or 3 for more keywords. I tweaked the content of one of my very long (2500+ words) articles to add some synonyms. Three months later, I'm not ranking for the synonyms, I'm not anywhere in the search results. But I'm on page 1 for all the original phrases/words, #6 or higher.

          Plus, using a lot of related keywords, though possible, is not necessarily a good idea, from a conversion point of view. I mean, I can say mortgages and home loans in the same article, but it looks odd, distracts from the selling process.

          Plus, if you break up the long content and do a silo? Which is better? Have you or Dan tested?

          Plus, remember Caesar: Veni, Vidi, Vinci? It covered quite well his campaign.

          Yes, he could have said, We landed on a stormy night. I was exhausted and slept till noon the next day. Then, I took a looky-look, figured out their weaknesses and beat the crap out of them.

          And he could have made a 1700 page book out of it. And, then, of course, he could have used any term many, many times. And the Senate would have read the first page only and might have killed him sooner, for wasting parchment.

          So, the short of it: yes, having related keywords on the page helps, but there's diminishing results after a while, and neither I nor you know the exact cutoff point. Many related keywords and long paragraphs are not inherently more coherent/less confusing than few related keywords and short paragraphs. And if you're not precise with your words, people can understand different things than what you mean, or nothing, and it's on you, the writer, not on them, the readers.

          What is laughable is that you and Dan and many others are all about long content but never explain why short content ranks well too. But claim that the only way forward is long content.



          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Maybe you are reading another post DABK. I don't see anyone saying long can't be written badly. What I see is someone saying short and confusing because it may be so short as to not cover the topic with sufficient details is worse than long when it does cover the subject..

          What a few of you have done including the forum guru wannabes is change what was said to to something else - that no matter what long is better than short even if it adds nothing - which isn't even remotely what Dan posted




          and? In what planet is that a denial that in greater usage a paragraph is amde up of multiples sentences. its testament to the low quality if this forum you think that makes any significant point.

          Now try to apply yourself to something more to the point. If a decent writer is going to explain the Star wars series whose going to cover it better , have more keywords , phrases and relevant signals - A decent writer that writes three sentences or even the same writer going in depth for a whole page?

          Thats so obvious its LAUGHABLE to debate and shows why the regulars still here who post and complain about the forums at the same time, day after day (because they have nothing better to do or anywhere else to feel valuable), junk up this forum just as much as the Indian SEO that hasn't read any English articles on SEO in five years.

          Dan didn't say a thing about adding words for gibberish or even a set number of words or "wall of text" like one posters continues to lie about. He just said hey longer and more detailed will beat short and confusing any day (which doesn't say short alone means confusing on every subject either)

          This reminds me of an article I read a few months back (by one of the Forum guru wannabes already in this thread) blasting Neil Patel for saying .edu and .gov links are good links to get. The forum guru wannabe immediately equates that with the nitwits running around trying to get spam links on .gov and .edus. but that isn't even remotely what Patel was referring to (but the forum guru wannabe spends so much time hanging out on black hat forums he swears referring to edus and gov sites must be that).

          What Patel was referring to is obvious. Most Gov and edu sites have authority, they get linked to a lot. If a university writes about your site in a piece and chooses to link to it that's golden for the greater amount of edus out there because most get solid incoming links. The same if white house .gov links to it. Of course that kind of organic link isn;t even remotely close to the kind of thing a spammer is talking about and the Forum guru wannabe rubs shoulders with them more often so doesn't have the sophistication or experience outside the blackhat world to know the difference of what is being referred to.

          Hence the rant and silliness because the forum guru wannabe is inexperienced in any SEO outside the grey and black he knows about. Same thing here - Dan says longer more detailed content will do better than short and confusing and the Guru wannabes and SEO neophytes (who know little but the SEO that is talked about on BH forums) go in a tizzy that he is talking about a set length or a "wall of text" or adding words that have no additional value

          Its all they know.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697004].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by DABK View Post


            If you re-read what I wrote, you'll notice that it fits. And, I never disagreed with longer content can have more related keywords. I am just noticing that Dan compared longer and informative with shorter and confusing. And I know for a fact that short content doesn't have to be confusing and long content can be confusing, so I don't accept his premise.
            Thats precisely why what you said doesn't fit. When people combine two thing it is NOT a premise. its combining two things.

            If I say short and confusing women do not appeal to me but tall and intelligent women do Its not saying all short women are confusing. You are making that up in your head because you don't understand the usage of the conjunction " AND" which signifies both conditions need to be met short AND confusing.

            And, yes, the 2nd sentence there, the one about extra content, does make it sound like he is saying that shorter is always confusing.
            Nope....again not to anyone who understands the word "and". You ca't blame him for your basic misunderstanding of English. That all your fault.

            Nor do I accept the premise that, to rank, content has to make sense, be interesting, convert.
            I'd agree with you or disagree with you based on what is meant by conversion. despite at least one person's misunderstanding conversion does not relate merely to sales. It relates to tracking any action - going to a second page in a process, filling out a form etc. There's enough evidence to suggest that google may be tracking bounce rate etc (through Chrome etc) . Some conversions like filling out forms increases the time online and reduce the bounce rate

            as for "doesn't have to make sense".Thats just total nonsense in many serps. Why? because really competitive serps will have other webmasters reporting the life out of a site that is gibberish ranking above them. Try that in a serp like life insurance and get back to me. Odd things happens sometimes and a ranking lasts for awhile and then you see it vanish after complaints.


            I've ranked once a bunch of pages for local keywords (Keyword + suburb name). I wrote short content, long content and silly content.
            So what? That is the reasoning that has launched a ton load of crappy WSos. You rank something in a weak serp and then say "aha see this will work!". Well yeah because google has to rank something even a weak serp (and a lot of locals still are). Can google determine silly content? nah I don't think so if it doesn't have signals. AI isn't that great yet but again in any competitive serp you are going to get tanked eventually if even through manual action based on competitors losing money and filing reports. besides which its just plain STUPID to even attempt that and anyone that even attempts it is silly.

            If you had even come up with something you didn't admit was easy then it wouldn't be so laughable but even you had to admit it was a drop down easy serp with county /suburb name. Get a grip. we see this all the time . someone ranks "shiny black widgets in Albania" with crap (sometimes searching in kansas) and voila that proves their point.

            You can win any race where no one is running against you. Go in your backyard alone and run. I guarantee you will be number one. The neighbors will wonder what you are doing but you will "Rank"
            .

            As regards, paragraphs being, usually, made up of more than one sentence, we are in agreement. But you were not precise with your words, and I corrected that.
            You corrected squat. You only showed once again you don't understand English. If you show me a car and I say "its cool" what is meant is determined by context. Thats how English works. No one has to say "its cool and by that I am making reference not to temperature but that it loooks nice and fashionable" each time . Again get a grip. If you are trying to sound intelligent that just flopped. If someone says whats more detailed a sentence or a paragraph its a contrast so obviously by context does not mean a sentence that is a paragraph or there would be no contrast -

            This is all just basic english reading comprehension. Blame yourself for not understanding it not others.

            Incidentally if you write entire pages using just sentence paragraphs you don't know how to write. Hire a good one


            I have content that's 2,000+ words articles. It doesn't rank better, it ranks on page 2 or 3 for more keywords. I tweaked the content of one of my very long (2500+ words)
            Well if you put up in your own words "silly content" on pages you "rank" for my confidence is great your 2,000 word articles are pure garbage anyway. So no surprise. However since Dan NEVER said just make it long with any gibberish and it will make more sense like you and others are begging he said - still a flop.

            Plus, using a lot of related keywords, though possible, is not necessarily a good idea, from a conversion point of view. I mean, I can say mortgages and home loans in the same article, but it looks odd, distracts from the selling process.
            Have you fallen on your head????? If a web page has the word mortgage in one place and has the phrase home loans in another place it distracts from the selling process? What ever you are smoking must be the good stuff. Just about all the main players in home loans have both. Go look. Some even have home mortgage loans and no one gets distracted but you.

            Is there any greater evidence that you have no clue what you are talking about?

            Plus, if you break up the long content and do a silo? Which is better?
            and why would I do one or the other? Why in the word if I am writing an engaging piece of content would I break it up to distract the reader? because that content is the only great content I can silo? sheesh you guys are so deep into your crappy sites you think the whole world has to operate like the 2016 version of MFAs.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697221].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              and why would I do one or the other? Why in the word if I am writing an engaging piece of content would I break it up to distract the reader? because that content is the only great content I can silo? sheesh you guys are so deep into your crappy sites you think the whole world has to operate like the 2016 version of MFAs.


              Keep up with the rest of the class or you're gong back to the remedial class, again.

              The majority (not all) of the web has the attention span of a cricket, bury them in a wall of text and kiss them goodbye.

              Wikipedia breaks up their content and you've probably never even knew it was happening. Look at the links under each of those <h2> tags on Wikipedia pages. Mostley snippets of text pointing back to relevant full page content.

              Case in point, I did not read your last wall of text. I skimmed and picked one paragraph because I'm just not interested enough. No offense intended, that's just how the web works.

              Silos are good because it allows traffic to not be overwhelmed and at the same time find a dozen entry points to specific content (that's the key). If you had a tutorial on how to build a garage, I might only need to know how to pour a foundation, or maybe square up a roof. Having a silo setup would allow me to skip the stuff I don't care about (ex: installing garage doors, windows, etc...).

              That's laser focused and can be used for converting traffic into sales better than lumping everyone into a single sales funnel.

              Now throw in the advantage of internal links from multiple relevant internal pages vs one page with a wall of text.

              It's not a one size fits all but I'd take a silo setup over one webpage any day of the week.
              Signature
              Hi
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697348].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                Keep up with the rest of the class or you're gong back to the remedial class, again.
                Aren't you the one saying most of this board is remedial??. The fact that you are still here day after day every day says you belong then

                The majority (not all) of the web has the attention span of a cricket, bury them in a wall of text and kiss them goodbye.
                Like I said and you prove over and over again - all you have is the straw that anyone said anything about a certain length or wall of text

                Wikipedia breaks up their content and you've probably never even knew it was happening. Look at the links under each of those <h2> tags on Wikipedia pages. Mostly snippets of text pointing back to relevant full page content.
                Full page content you say?? LOL.... yes WIkipedia has ton loads of full page content. Why brah? the internets have no attentions span (or at least the kiddie part because I see people reading long text all the time.). Following your claims Wikipedia is just wasting their time with comprehensive content both for readers and SEO.

                Epic fail. Your own example slaps your claims.

                great that you brought up wikipedia - perfect example. Long if that makes the covered page detailed enough and shorter if none is required for a full understanding. Simple.

                . No offense intended, that's just how the web works
                NO offense taken because thats only how you and people who don't read much work. Wikipedia that you brought up has entries three times as long. I can see why you are lagging behind with the class though. Reading as they say is fundamental but only for humans so the whole point of attention span for humans is off the SEo point. (were we not supposed to notice?) .

                Silos are good because it allows traffic to not be overwhelmed and at the same time find a dozen entry points to specific content (that's the key). If you had a tutorial on how to build a garage, I might only need to know how to pour a foundation, or maybe square up a roof. Having a silo setup would allow me to skip the stuff I don't care about (ex: installing garage doors, windows, etc...)
                that pretty much reveals you are totally clueless of what is being discussed - its not one long old page covering everything that could possible be related to building a garage so that you end up with a one page site but rather a well written comprehensive coverage of pouring the foundation as one entry, one comprehensive entry covering squaring a roof etc etc. Thats EXACTLY what a searcher wants when he is looking to pour a foundation...a comprehensive, no details spared tutorial on what he wants to do.

                I realize your one trick pony knowledge is all centered on silos but theres no either or there at all. navigational link structures apply to both not one or the other. You can do that with short articles or a series of more in depth articles. THINK!

                Now throw in the advantage of internal links from multiple relevant internal pages vs one page with a wall of text.
                ROFL......you do love Drivel....I guess this is why you like to hang out on a forum you claim is brainless. perhaps you think they can't spot your fallacious arguments of straw. Dan and I have proposed absolutely nothing about one page sites with walls of text.

                Because you are totally incapable of basic understanding to answer a question on LSI you've intellectually dishonestly invented an entirely different argument about one page sites with walls of text
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697423].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author yukon
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                  Aren't you the one saying most of this board is remedial??. The fact that you are still here day after day every day says you belong then
                  I tried to bring you up to speed.

                  You'll need to go back to SEO 101 and riding the short bus.






                  Signature
                  Hi
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697494].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by yukon View Post



                    Poor poor Soul. In mathematics when they say find x they mean give the value not circle the letter like Billy Madison would. ROFL...You screw up even with image choices Biff.


                    Too much forum posting and not enough paying attention in maths class will land you in detention

                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697525].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author DABK
              Your Honor, I rest my case.

              t
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              Thats precisely why what you said doesn't fit. When people combine two thing it is NOT a premise. its combining two things.

              If I say short and confusing women do not appeal to me but tall and intelligent women do Its not saying all short women are confusing. You are making that up in your head because you don't understand the usage of the conjunction " AND" which signifies both conditions need to be met short AND confusing.



              Nope....again not to anyone who understands the word "and". You ca't blame him for your basic misunderstanding of English. That all your fault.



              I'd agree with you or disagree with you based on what is meant by conversion. despite at least one person's misunderstanding conversion does not relate merely to sales. It relates to tracking any action - going to a second page in a process, filling out a form etc. There's enough evidence to suggest that google may be tracking bounce rate etc (through Chrome etc) . Some conversions like filling out forms increases the time online and reduce the bounce rate

              as for "doesn't have to make sense".Thats just total nonsense in many serps. Why? because really competitive serps will have other webmasters reporting the life out of a site that is gibberish ranking above them. Try that in a serp like life insurance and get back to me. Odd things happens sometimes and a ranking lasts for awhile and then you see it vanish after complaints.




              So what? That is the reasoning that has launched a ton load of crappy WSos. You rank something in a weak serp and then say "aha see this will work!". Well yeah because google has to rank something even a weak serp (and a lot of locals still are). Can google determine silly content? nah I don't think so if it doesn't have signals. AI isn't that great yet but again in any competitive serp you are going to get tanked eventually if even through manual action based on competitors losing money and filing reports. besides which its just plain STUPID to even attempt that and anyone that even attempts it is silly.

              If you had even come up with something you didn't admit was easy then it wouldn't be so laughable but even you had to admit it was a drop down easy serp with county /suburb name. Get a grip. we see this all the time . someone ranks "shiny black widgets in Albania" with crap (sometimes searching in kansas) and voila that proves their point.

              You can win any race where no one is running against you. Go in your backyard alone and run. I guarantee you will be number one. The neighbors will wonder what you are doing but you will "Rank"
              .



              You corrected squat. You only showed once again you don't understand English. If you show me a car and I say "its cool" what is meant is determined by context. Thats how English works. No one has to say "its cool and by that I am making reference not to temperature but that it loooks nice and fashionable" each time . Again get a grip. If you are trying to sound intelligent that just flopped. If someone says whats more detailed a sentence or a paragraph its a contrast so obviously by context does not mean a sentence that is a paragraph or there would be no contrast -

              This is all just basic english reading comprehension. Blame yourself for not understanding it not others.

              Incidentally if you write entire pages using just sentence paragraphs you don't know how to write. Hire a good one




              Well if you put up in your own words "silly content" on pages you "rank" for my confidence is great your 2,000 word articles are pure garbage anyway. So no surprise. However since Dan NEVER said just make it long with any gibberish and it will make more sense like you and others are begging he said - still a flop.



              Have you fallen on your head????? If a web page has the word mortgage in one place and has the phrase home loans in another place it distracts from the selling process? What ever you are smoking must be the good stuff. Just about all the main players in home loans have both. Go look. Some even have home mortgage loans and no one gets distracted but you.

              Is there any greater evidence that you have no clue what you are talking about?



              and why would I do one or the other? Why in the word if I am writing an engaging piece of content would I break it up to distract the reader? because that content is the only great content I can silo? sheesh you guys are so deep into your crappy sites you think the whole world has to operate like the 2016 version of MFAs.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697411].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                Your Honor, I rest my case.

                t
                the judge already left an hour ago when he threw out your case.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697459].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author DABK
                  Nah, she's still here, waiving at me, a most friendly smile on her face!

                  Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                  the judge already left an hour ago when he threw out your case.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697495].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                    Nah, she's still here, waiving at me, a most friendly smile on her face!
                    Your mom is not a judge and a sibling is behind you
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697536].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author DABK
                      Wow! You're oozing brilliance today. I'm impressed. If you tell me you were standing one one foot when you cane out with that one, I'll be most impressed squared!

                      Please tell me you were standing on one foot. Please, please, please.

                      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                      Your mom is not a judge and a sibling is behind you
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697550].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                        Wow! You're oozing brilliance today. I'm impressed. If you tell me you were standing one one foot when you cane out with that one, I'll be most impressed squared!
                        If you say so. I gather Yukon impressed you when he taught you standing on one foot makes it harder to think then standing on two. FYI the brain (in most people) is at the other end.
                        Signature

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697575].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author yukon
                        Banned
                        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                        Wow! You're oozing brilliance today. I'm impressed.
                        He has 3 shows on Wednesday, tell all your friends.
                        Signature
                        Hi
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10698023].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                          He has 3 shows on Wednesday, tell all your friends.
                          I'm appreciative you told all your offline friends Yuke. They all showed up with a viewer increase of one.

                          she said she wanted to help her son so he would finally move out of the basement. I asked if her son's online name began with a Y and she said

                          "Gawd you ARE good. Are you psychic too?"

                          In our last show we covered how to maximize LSI signals AND use silo structures. Her mind was blown because she had heard before you couldn't have both. I was going to ask her where she heard that but I didn't want to crush her dreams of ever getting back her basement.
                          Signature

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10698036].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author yukon
                            Banned
                            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                            I'm appreciative you told all your offline friends Yuke. They all showed up with a viewer increase of one.

                            she said she wanted to help her son so he would finally move out of the basement. I asked if her son's online name began with a Y and she said

                            "Gawd you ARE good. Are you psychic too?"

                            In our last show we covered how to maximize LSI signals AND use silo structures. Her mind was blown because she had heard before you couldn't have both. I was going to ask her where she heard that but I didn't want to crush her dreams of ever getting back her basement.



                            Signature
                            Hi
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10698122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Darrel Wilson View Post

      one of my seo contacts in india told me...

      That's not something I would ever mention. Yeah, we know about fiverr.




      Originally Posted by Darrel Wilson View Post

      ...google is swaying away from backlinks and are interested more in content. I think its just a matter of time before backlinks are obselete
      Ask Yandex how ranking pages on a SERP works without backlinks.

      Good luck with that.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aligouda
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      Here are the top seven SEO norms for 2016!

      1. Optimize for Mobile A mobile friendly website will increase in impact by 88%  Dwell time improve influence by 67% Readability and design of the website, up in influence by 67%.

      Absurd... go download Photoshop on your mobile or learn how to build a website on your mobile (good luck testing anything).

      Your 88% claim is a complete load, you have no idea If a site will increase traffic via mobile. One size fits all on the web isn't reality.






      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      2. Offer Relevant and Compelling Content • Only when the user who clicks onto a webpage spends substantial time on the website or webpage, does the site rise in search engine value...
      Nonsense, there's plenty of crappy sites ranking pages for the last 18 years. Nothing has changed.






      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      2. ...The key to retaining site visitors on the webpage is compelling content that offers value to the visitor.
      Sure, but at what point in time was that not obvious? Traffic searching for Hello Kitty doesn't care about lawnmowers.






      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      4. Size Matters Articles between 1,200 and 1,500 words in length are performing relatively better in search, provided the content is still original, of high quality, and provides value.
      Congratulations, you've found Brian Deans blog of dreams.

      The real world doesn't care about your thesis more is surely better ideas. There's plenty of Youtube videos outranking silly IM articles. Look around the net.

      Ranking images can be counterproductive If they outrank your ranked page SERP position considering Google redirects the first SERP image click to a Google buffer page unlike a ranked money page.




      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      5. Use More Images and Videos • Images are evergreen when it comes to search engine popularity. • Video content, is always known for communicating the message across in a much effective way compared to written text
      Fine If traffic needs video or images but that has NOTHING to do with ranking pages on Google SERPs. Unless (and this is a big one) you're ranking self hosted video thumbnail images which can boost SERP CTRs on self hosted money pages. Still the video and thumbnail image are only tagging along for the ride on the SERPs, the actual page URL still has to be ranked like any other page (followed links).






      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      6. Go Lean Search engines have always penalized slow loading websites, and speed will continue to have an important role in determining search engine rankings.
      You're sending mixed signals.

      Which is it, 1,500 words of fluff or lean fast loading pages?

      Loading times on a page only matter for SEO If the page can be timed with a sundial.






      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post

      7. Integrate Social in a Big Way From a SEO perspective, the separation of “web” and “social media” will blur, and marketers would have to integrate the two streams closely to derive maximum ROI.
      The only blur is the smoke screen your behind.

      Lay off the SEO blogs for a while and do a few Google searches. Nobody is ranking any self hosted money pages because of social.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10694643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      He thinks LSIs can only be located in articles [sad].
      Good boy. I told you to continue strawmen and distortions since they were all you had and you obeyed. I can't argue with obedience.

      Originally Posted by aligouda View Post


      4. Size Matters Articles between 1,200 and 1,500 words in length are performing relatively better in search, provided the content is still original, of high quality, and provides value.
      If Dan had been pushing a set length I think some of the criticism of the Op would have been more spot on. its pushing it to claim theres a set length, Trying to just get up to a certain length no matter what is being said and being being detailed and comprehensive are too different things.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696136].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        I can't argue...
        You're doing alright arguing, don't let anyone tell you different.

        Bottom line is, counting text is a fail.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dokemion
    Dan you are misguiding and misleading people who are new to SEO. No wonder Yukon is on Rage again.. hahahaha
    Signature

    Contact me for any SEO Services you need I'm glad to be of your service.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10695965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HayleyS
    I think it is never too late to learn something new. I found it interesting and informative to read your article about various old and new trends that will continue to dominate the year 2016 and the year to come.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10696625].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10697053].message }}

Trending Topics