Sorry if I'm being all over the place, it's kind of hard to explain but I will answer any questions you might have to help me!
Here's the case:
We have one website, e-commerce on www.companyshop.com
And then there's the main website, for the company (not a shop) at http://www.companyexample.com
We have now rebuilt the entire e-commerce with a new commerce platform and we're gonna put it on
The website on http://www.companyexample.com has also been rebuilt with WordPress.
So, http://www.companyshop.com will become shop.companyexample.com and http://www.companyexample.com will still be in place, but with a new CMS.
What I now I need to do:
- Redirect every page and product URL from www.companyshop.com/* to shop.companyexample.com
- Redirect every old page from the old http://www.companyexample.com to the new http://www.companyexample.com (including all content and such).
- (with 301s).
- I should check through all links pointing to the old e-commerce domain and kindly ask the largest ones to redirect to the new one. We also need to go through social media pages, adwords and all of course.
- We should put a message on www.companyshop.com a week or so before redirecting saying that the site will move.
- Should we keep the old site (www.companyshop.com) for a while? Maybe with noindex or canonical tags?
- Create new xml-sitemaps and go through everything in webmaster tools/search console.
Should we put a 301 or noindex on the startpage of shop.company.com since the main start page will be on http://www.companyexample.com which is integrated with the shop sub domain?
What more am I not thinking of? I would appreciate all help I can get since these are large websites (about 500 thousand visitors/month) and they both have good Google rankings.
Thanks in advance!