Final Push to Get my Local Carpet Cleaning Business Up on Google

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi Guys,

I have been doing pretty well so far, but feel like I have now peaked in terms of getting any further without larger measures.

I have gone from page 22, to page 16, page 10, page 8, now im stuck on page 4 & 5 for ages.

I will tell you what I have done over the last year to try and get my local carpet cleaning business page 1.

1: Building social profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+, Google+ My Business and posting links to the articles i create, each time they are published, I am very active on all platforms.

2: Making original articles, containing longtail keywords, and other keywords I am trying to rank form, and updating these regularly on a blog.

3: Creating citations on Yelp, Yellowpages, Foursquare, Hotfrog, and many more less known directories.

4: Uploading original pictures, of my work, which all my friends share on facebook, so I get loads of reshares etc.

5: I have created many backlinks, both by myself, and having my partner help do, these are generally good 'follow backlinks' I have also copied the backlinks of over 10 of my competitors (only quality backlinks(, and put a backlink of my own, where they done one. I have also done this for carpet cleaning websites outside of my area, so its not matched 100% same backlinks.

6: I have got my on page SEO, to a score of 86/100, beating most, if not all my competitors on page seo scores. I have included rich amount of keywords for what i am trying to rank, longtail keywords, anchor text, internal links, meta's, caching, good page speed & alt tags.

7: Placed NAP info in the footer of my website.

NOW WHAT ANNOYS ME:

My competitors are not active on social media, do not update their website content in months, and do not have a good on-page SEO score. Many have just spammy backlinks from Russia.

What am I doing wrong here?

my site is: Carpet Cleaning Manchester | Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners

(I only rank/indexed on google.co.uk - which is fine by the way)
#business #carpet #cleaning #final #google #local #push
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Your site has a few big issues but I would have to bet (admittedly without checking) that you are also getting beat on number 5 - they have better links.

    Hard to check from overseas but I would also look at your localized setup.

    edit
    (I only rank/indexed on google.co.uk - which is fine by the way)
    that being the case what does your UK based link profile look like? - links with IPs from your area only
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769967].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Your site has a few big issues but I would have to bet (admittedly without checking) that you are also getting beat on number 5 - they have better links.

      Hard to check from overseas but I would also look at your localized setup.

      edit


      that being the case what does your UK based link profile look like? - links with IPs from your area only
      I don't know what "UK based link profile" means, sorry.
      Signature

      On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769976].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by Limelightcc View Post

        I don't know what "UK based link profile" means, sorry.
        Links that are coming from UK locations. though all links help for geo specific areas (like where you want to rank) getting links from your area, as opposed say from India, help dramatically.

        and yeah I'll second the social activity not making much difference.. However its not hurting it either

        And also, google finding fresh content when they re-crawl a website.
        Some people buy into that theory but the problem with it is that each time you change a page you are changing the relevance score with new words and related words. Frankly for business site pages I want to rank I keep them pretty static (blog portion of course not so much).
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769990].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Links that are coming from UK locations. though all links help for geo specific areas (like where you want to rank) getting links from your area, as opposed say from India, help dramatically.

          and yeah I'll second the social activity not making much difference.. However its not hurting it either



          Some people buy into that theory but the problem with it is that each time you change a page you are changing the relevance score with new words and related words. Frankly for business site pages I want to rank I keep them pretty static (blog portion of course not so much).
          ok cool,

          well someone mentioned yext, they don't operate in the UK though. Where can i find a good list of places to submit citations in the UK?

          I will work with building UK backlinks only for now.

          Also, would it be advisable to keep writing content, but maybe publish them on a high PR article submission website, then link them back to my own website? rather than have a blog on my own site.
          Signature

          On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Limelightcc View Post

    My competitors are not active on social media, do not update their website content in months, and do not have a good on-page SEO score. Many have just spammy backlinks from Russia.

    To be totally honest with you, most of those things have nothing to do with SEO.

    Social media is not a ranking factor. Updating your content, not a ranking factor. And most sites that give you an "SEO score" really are not focused on the right things.

    Putting out content regularly, could actually be screwing your site up. You might be making your internal links weaker, depending on how it is organized. And honestly, posting a few times a week, for a carpet cleaner? How much is there really to talk about? Eventually, you will be posting junk if you keep that pace up.

    Your blog posts are going into a category named 'uncategorized'. That's not good, which is also showing up in the breadcrumbs. If you are going to use breadcrumbs, that's not good.

    There are a lot of problems with the site design. For example, if I see this article...http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk...-debate-top-8/ the logo is not clickable... Not a big fan of the drop down menu either.

    You also have the drop down bar active on the site. Not positive, but I think you might be using Avada here. I forget what they call that. Anyhow, all it has is some test page linked to. That is a waste.

    Just a few things I noticed in about 2 minutes.

    Building citations is good. That is a big local ranking factor. You might want to consider a service like Yext. That will get you into a lot of directories you might otherwise not get into.
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769972].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      To be totally honest with you, most of those things have nothing to do with SEO.

      Social media is not a ranking factor. Updating your content, not a ranking factor. And most sites that give you an "SEO score" really are not focused on the right things.

      Putting out content regularly, could actually be screwing your site up. You might be making your internal links weaker, depending on how it is organized. And honestly, posting a few times a week, for a carpet cleaner? How much is there really to talk about? Eventually, you will be posting junk if you keep that pace up.

      Your blog posts are going into a category named 'uncategorized'. That's not good, which is also showing up in the breadcrumbs. If you are going to use breadcrumbs, that's not good.

      There are a lot of problems with the site design. For example, if I see this article...Carpet Cleaning in Manchester - Why To Choose Us! the logo is not clickable... Not a big fan of the drop down menu either.

      You also have the drop down bar active on the site. Not positive, but I think you might be using Avada here. I forget what they call that. Anyhow, all it has is some test page linked to. That is a waste.

      Just a few things I noticed in about 2 minutes.

      Building citations is good. That is a big local ranking factor. You might want to consider a service like Yext. That will get you into a lot of directories you might otherwise not get into.
      Thanks for your honesty,

      I will reconsider drop downs, and I will change it from uncategorized.

      I though social factors were now becoming a ranking factor, judging by many articles I have ready on SEO forums & blogs.

      And also, google finding fresh content when they re-crawl a website.

      So basically all I need is backlinks and citations in that case?
      Signature

      On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
    I found a list of 50 good ones to manually list to. Going to be a boring night lol
    Signature

    On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sagar arora
    How many years have been passed??
    Signature

    hey folks! Visit my blog : https://www.technholic.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770139].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
      Originally Posted by Sagar arora View Post

      How many years have been passed??
      This is the first year, around 8 months.
      Signature

      On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
    I have submitted around 25 Citations so far, takes a long time!

    hopefully get a few backlinks in the process, as a lot of them display my web address
    Signature

    On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jayy
    Hey m8

    I ranked a page for in this exact niche for the exact city you are trying to rank for in a little over 3 weeks..

    Send citations and directory links targeting manchester, send 2-3 pbn links.. you will rank...

    My page was a 1 page website built on weebly with my own domain..

    I also did have 1500 words on the page which I bought.

    citations for 30 - $35

    2-3 pbn links- $12

    top 3 easily.

    forget social for easy local keywords like this its not needed.. just worry about relevance for your city your trying to rank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
      Originally Posted by Jayy View Post

      Hey m8

      I ranked a page for in this exact niche for the exact city you are trying to rank for in a little over 3 weeks..

      Send citations and directory links targeting manchester, send 2-3 pbn links.. you will rank...

      My page was a 1 page website built on weebly with my own domain..

      I also did have 1500 words on the page which I bought.

      citations for 30 - $35

      2-3 pbn links- $12

      top 3 easily.

      forget social for easy local keywords like this its not needed.. just worry about relevance for your city your trying to rank
      submitted 32 citations, took me a few hours to be honest, probably took me about 5 minutes on each.

      already have another 20+ so have around 55-60 citations total, with the biggest named websites.

      hopefully, that will help a little.

      that was tiring!
      Signature

      On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You're website is a jumbled mess.

    You have a few keywords on your site but you're not really focused. There's nothing really going on SEO wise. Internal anchor-text is horrible.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Limelightcc
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      You're website is a jumbled mess.

      You have a few keywords on your site but you're not really focused. There's nothing really going on SEO wise. Internal anchor-text is horrible.
      hey, I don't mind constructive criticism, if you want to a be a bit more detailed
      Signature

      On a mission to get my local business to page 1 of google! http://limelightcarpetcleaning.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770629].message }}

Trending Topics