4 Tips For Raising Your Search Engine Rankings

by hynds
13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Search engine rankings are an important factor to consider when you have a web site that needs more traffic. If your web site doesn't have a good position in the rankings then it will be hard to find.

Since most searchers click on the first few results, you need to make sure that your web site is ranked highly enough so that people can easily find it on the first page of search engine results. Although no search engine optimization company can guarantee a high rankings for your site permanently, often times hiring a web marketing company will pay off many times over. For those of you doing it yourself or those of you that want to ensure your marketing company is doing a good job, here are some tips for raising the search engine rankings of your web site.

1. Content

Content is an important factor in high search engine rankings. Make sure that you have plenty of content throughout your site with your target keywords in the articles. It's also worth doing a search for web sites similar to yours and taking a look at their articles for ideas. Keywords are an important factor and they should be used throughout the content of your website.

2. Web Site URL

Your web site's URL can help you rank higher with the search engines if it contains your keywords. However, don't think that naming your site after your keywords will always help your rankings - you need to do more than just that. But still, it is one of the factors in improving a search engine ranking.

3. Search Terms

Search terms should be written out in text, instead of graphics. If you use pictures, be sure to give them alt tags. If you want a good rank in search engines then these things that may seem small should be considered, as search engines can read the text but not the graphics.

4. Page Title

The title of your page is very important, and if you choose the title properly then it can surely make a big difference in search engine ranking. Terms such 'free article on safe children's toys', or 'contact the children's toy expert today' are good to use as titles on pages containing such content. The titles themselves are very specific to the page and also may not have much competition being as specific as they are. The title area is the most important place to include your keyword phrases, so make sure that you utilize it.

Master these four tips and you'll be on your way to getting free traffic. Look for other tips to keep your site moving up.
#engine #raising #rankings #search #tips
  • Profile picture of the author vovanfree
    Hi Hynds, thank you for this great tipps on search engine ranking. But I think you are missing some importat thing: Always I read that even today it is important also to use meta keywords, not for google but this meta keywords should be very important for yahoo, yandex, bing and all the other search engines. They should work more like google in old times. Is this correct or is this obsolete info what I have get?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10799915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mukeshkr5683
    All the things are very important if you miss any one out of this you will trouble to receive ranking in search Engine. Make sure that your title and URL are Clean this will help your website to receive highest ranking in search Engine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10801962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
      Originally Posted by mukeshkr5683 View Post

      Make sure that your title and URL are Clean this will help your website to receive highest ranking in search Engine.
      Concerning the title and url that you stated above, Can you explain to us how to produce or construct these clean title and url? I don't think that base on these it will receive the highest ranking in search engine.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author princetotem
    Using Subheadings H2, H3, H4 have been almost as important as the title itself in the past for some of my blog posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10801986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Myonlinejourny
    Originally Posted by hynds View Post

    Search engine rankings are an important factor to consider when you have a web site that needs more traffic. If your web site doesn't have a good position in the rankings then it will be hard to find.

    Since most searchers click on the first few results, you need to make sure that your web site is ranked highly enough so that people can easily find it on the first page of search engine results. Although no search engine optimization company can guarantee a high rankings for your site permanently, often times hiring a web marketing company will pay off many times over. For those of you doing it yourself or those of you that want to ensure your marketing company is doing a good job, here are some tips for raising the search engine rankings of your web site.

    1. Content

    Content is an important factor in high search engine rankings. Make sure that you have plenty of content throughout your site with your target keywords in the articles. It's also worth doing a search for web sites similar to yours and taking a look at their articles for ideas. Keywords are an important factor and they should be used throughout the content of your website.

    2. Web Site URL

    Your web site's URL can help you rank higher with the search engines if it contains your keywords. However, don't think that naming your site after your keywords will always help your rankings - you need to do more than just that. But still, it is one of the factors in improving a search engine ranking.

    3. Search Terms

    Search terms should be written out in text, instead of graphics. If you use pictures, be sure to give them alt tags. If you want a good rank in search engines then these things that may seem small should be considered, as search engines can read the text but not the graphics.

    4. Page Title

    The title of your page is very important, and if you choose the title properly then it can surely make a big difference in search engine ranking. Terms such 'free article on safe children's toys', or 'contact the children's toy expert today' are good to use as titles on pages containing such content. The titles themselves are very specific to the page and also may not have much competition being as specific as they are. The title area is the most important place to include your keyword phrases, so make sure that you utilize it.

    Master these four tips and you'll be on your way to getting free traffic. Look for other tips to keep your site moving up.
    Those are the foundation for any SEO efforts ,Then you should go for quality link building ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hynds
      Originally Posted by Myonlinejourny View Post

      Those are the foundation for any SEO efforts ,Then you should go for quality link building ....
      Sure, Linkbuilding is one of the most important factors in SEO. Beside of those on-page factors I think we also should focus on off-page SEO such as LInkbuilding, social building, PBNs,...
      Signature

      â–º Godaddy Coupon - Just $1/mo Hosting, $4.99 .COM Domain Registration

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823182].message }}
  • Amazing details related to search engine ranking. No doubt! Content is the major factor helps in raising your search engine ranking. With fresh, updated and original content, you can easily enhance your ranking with Google. Thanks for sharing your details with us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaintechnosoft
    These tips needs to be carried out for the on-page for better keyword rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkJukov
    EMD's no longer rank the way they once did, so using keywords in your domain name now is much less effective.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesbrands
    Originally Posted by hynds View Post


    Master these four tips and you'll be on your way to getting free traffic. Look for other tips to keep your site moving up.
    In a medium - competitive industry mastering the four tips you mentioned will probably not result in being well on your way to getting "free traffic"

    Thanks for the post though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mukeshkr5683
    off course these are the best & Very Important things like Content, Website URL, Title, Search Terms. User this terms according to Search Engine guidelines will gives the best result and also this will improve Keywords Ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rajbir1994
    Thank you for your content sharing. All in all i like and believe that content is the king now a days. This may be for ranking keywords or driving traffic or blog. Always give preference on quality content. Need to be polish, grammatical error free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10823576].message }}

Trending Topics