What's Your Most Underrated SEO Tip?

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I've spent a fair amount of time on WF over the last few weeks and seen some interesting SEO tips.

"Publishing amazing content" seems to be a favorite for many, however I'm not actually sure how many could prove success having practiced what they preach.

Judging by the questions being asked on the forum, my most underrated SEO tip would be KW research.

I've seen a lot of questions like this being asked:

How do i rank?
How do I build backlinks?
How many backlinks will i need to make page 1?

The truth is that many of the people asking these questions will be fighting a loosing battle from the start.

The landscape they have chosen to compete in via their niche & KW selection, is simply too competitive for their budget and knowledge and they have no chance to rank & profit.

Many industries/KW's are dominated by huge authority sites that will prove impossible for the smaller guy to compete against.

It's important to avoid them & take time to uncover less competitive niche's that still have volume and also buying intent - there are plenty available, you just have to work hard to find them.

What's your most underrated SEO tip?
#seo #tip #underrated
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Don't come to the Warriorforum for SEO asking how to rank type of questions.

    Originally Posted by jamesbrands View Post

    I've spent a fair amount of time on WF over the last few weeks and seen some interesting SEO tips.

    "Publishing amazing content" seems to be a favorite for many, however I'm not actually sure how many could prove success having practiced what they preach.

    Judging by the questions being asked on the forum, my most underrated SEO tip would be KW research.

    I've seen a lot of questions like this being asked:

    How do i rank?
    How do I build backlinks?
    How many backlinks will i need to make page 1?

    The truth is that many of the people asking these questions will be fighting a loosing battle from the start.

    The landscape they have chosen to compete in via their niche & KW selection, is simply too competitive for their budget and knowledge and they have no chance to rank & profit.

    Many industries/KW's are dominated by huge authority sites that will prove impossible for the smaller guy to compete against.

    It's important to avoid them & take time to uncover less competitive niche's that still have volume and also buying intent - there are plenty available, you just have to work hard to find them.

    What's your most underrated SEO tip?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Action Man
      Make sure you or your partner work for Google..?
      Signature

      "Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache" (Mae West)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    No real person is going to answer that. Because by "underrated," you mean secret.

    If you read regular people who know SEO here, then they have been telling people for YEARS what to concentrate on. Sadly, people go off on a tangent about alexa, keyword density, length of article, meta description & keywords, blog comments, guest blogging, trading links, silly keyword research, image alt keyword stuffing, not learning how to create websites, doing wordpress, needing a plugin, don't know what h1 actually means,checking their PR, not understanding how google or the internet work....

    Gee! If you just fix those little things....you might get somewhere.....so underrated tips....no, ignored.

    Of course you have a WSO....I pity the fools. A fool and his money are soon parted.

    Paul
    Signature

    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Pity the fools at only 50% of your pitying capacity: everything's 50% off! Even the SEO packages that include social and aged web 2.0's.

      Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

      No real person is going to answer that. Because by "underrated," you mean secret.

      If you read regular people who know SEO here, then they have been telling people for YEARS what to concentrate on. Sadly, people go off on a tangent about alexa, keyword density, length of article, meta description & keywords, blog comments, guest blogging, trading links, silly keyword research, image alt keyword stuffing, not learning how to create websites, doing wordpress, needing a plugin, don't know what h1 actually means,checking their PR, not understanding how google or the internet work....

      Gee! If you just fix those little things....you might get somewhere.....so underrated tips....no, ignored.

      Of course you have a WSO....I pity the fools. A fool and his money are soon parted.

      Paul
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    How much is this BSO?
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840523].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      $7, but hurry, buy now, they'll run out of pdf copies at midnight.

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      How much is this BSO?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10841436].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        $7, but hurry, buy now, they'll run out of pdf copies at midnight.
        see, that's what I dont like. They got me all gaga with their irresistible once in a lifetime offer - and then they run out of PDF pixels over the weekend! Da Horror!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10841903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by jamesbrands View Post


    What's your most underrated SEO tip?
    On this board?

    Whitehat SEO is the ONLY SEO that brings direct traffic in addition to ranking traffic.

    P.S. ignore the complaints above about you having a WSO - Though i don;t approve of what you offer having a WSO is not a violation of the rules and some of the same people whining in this thread pipe down when its their friend pimping his PBN course and/or paid forum
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10841229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      On this board?

      Whitehat SEO is the ONLY SEO that brings direct traffic in addition to ranking traffic.

      P.S. ignore the complaints above about you having a WSO - Though i don;t approve of what you offer having a WSO is not a violation of the rules and some of the same people whining in this thread pipe down when its their friend pimping his PBN course and/or paid forum




      Remember the guy that disappeared for months after selling PBN domains and didn't deliver?




      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10841912].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10842034].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10842658].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10842722].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              [DELETED]
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843015].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                [DELETED]
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    Originally Posted by jamesbrands View Post

    What's your most underrated SEO tip?
    Love the back and forth from Yuk and Mike....but concentrate on that line above.

    Now, ask yourself:
    is this guy trying to glean stuff for a new offer...or
    making sure his old stuff is spot on....or
    just getting that link out there...

    Cuz one that supposedly has an offer for you to DOMINATE SEO can't possibly be seriously asking for seo tips. Or is he? If he is, then someone must be trumping his wso.

    In fact, that alone should make anyone run with their wallet closed.

    Paul
    Signature

    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jamesbrands
      Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

      Love the back and forth from Yuk and Mike....but concentrate on that line above.

      Now, ask yourself:
      is this guy trying to glean stuff for a new offer...or
      making sure his old stuff is spot on....or
      just getting that link out there...

      Cuz one that supposedly has an offer for you to DOMINATE SEO can't possibly be seriously asking for seo tips. Or is he? If he is, then someone must be trumping his wso.

      In fact, that alone should make anyone run with their wallet closed.

      Paul
      I was just making an observation, trying to put forward some advice and asking others opinions.

      I'm sorry for everything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843749].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by jamesbrands View Post

        I was just making an observation, trying to put forward some advice and asking others opinions.

        I'm sorry for everything.
        You have no need to apologize to anyone. You cited what you thought was your best SEO tip and opened a discussion with other SEos what they might think is their best tips.

        its a discussion forum and if people would consult the rules of WF they would see that there is no rule or guideline that someone with a sig cannot open a discussion on SEO.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10844160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buihoang
    Originally Posted by jamesbrands View Post

    I've spent a fair amount of time on WF over the last few weeks and seen some interesting SEO tips.

    "Publishing amazing content" seems to be a favorite for many, however I'm not actually sure how many could prove success having practiced what they preach.

    Judging by the questions being asked on the forum, my most underrated SEO tip would be KW research.

    I've seen a lot of questions like this being asked:

    How do i rank?
    How do I build backlinks?
    How many backlinks will i need to make page 1?

    The truth is that many of the people asking these questions will be fighting a loosing battle from the start.

    The landscape they have chosen to compete in via their niche & KW selection, is simply too competitive for their budget and knowledge and they have no chance to rank & profit.

    Many industries/KW's are dominated by huge authority sites that will prove impossible for the smaller guy to compete against.

    It's important to avoid them & take time to uncover less competitive niche's that still have volume and also buying intent - there are plenty available, you just have to work hard to find them.

    What's your most underrated SEO tip?
    you need build quality content and quality backlink
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10843729].message }}

Trending Topics