What's the 'average' budget for an SEO campaign?

11 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have a few enquiries about SEO and while this isn't an area I specialise in, I'd love to know some more details that are a little deeper than the usual audits that are available.

Can anyone shed some light on what you're charging for SEO?

I have figured out the keywords would be either 10 to 15 words... so if anyone wants to share what is an approximate and fair estimate per month that would be great.

Also, anyone care to share some SEO companies they recommend I'd really appreciate it.
#average #budget #campaign #seo
  • Profile picture of the author anhvu
    Originally Posted by BlossMart View Post

    I have a few enquiries about SEO and while this isn't an area I specialise in, I'd love to know some more details that are a little deeper than the usual audits that are available.

    Can anyone shed some light on what you're charging for SEO?

    I have figured out the keywords would be either 10 to 15 words... so if anyone wants to share what is an approximate and fair estimate per month that would be great.

    Also, anyone care to share some SEO companies they recommend I'd really appreciate it.
    The best SEO company I've known is WebpageFX Takes.

    Contacting with them and asking them about the average budget.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author umakant13
    Its not fixed its depend on what plan you have selected, there are many plans like monthly plan, quaterly plans and much more, In India it will approx 242$
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author usama1993
    It is impossible to assign an amount to a SEO campaign because seo never stops. You have to do regular seo to maintain your rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlossMart
    Thanks to those who have commented.

    I'd love to find out more about average monthly SEO plans - thanks to all who have shared so far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by BlossMart View Post

    I have a few enquiries about SEO and while this isn't an area I specialise in, I'd love to know some more details that are a little deeper than the usual audits that are available.

    Can anyone shed some light on what you're charging for SEO?

    I have figured out the keywords would be either 10 to 15 words... so if anyone wants to share what is an approximate and fair estimate per month that would be great.

    Also, anyone care to share some SEO companies they recommend I'd really appreciate it.



    We need to know the exact keywords and the exact SERP competition. We also need to know your budget. Some folks aren't realistic when it comes to SEO/cost, might need more keyword research to find a better fit for your budget.

    Example, nobody is ranking for the keyword buy auto insurance with a $100 budget per month.

    Every single keyword has unique SERP competition, some are easy, some are tough. The tougher the SERP competition, the higher the cost for SEO.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    When it comes to SEO, many business owners just don’t know enough to truly understand how to plan an effective SEO campaign.
    The average' budget for an SEO campaign to hiring a top-level SEO company to execute a comprehensive digital marketing campaign, will
    require a minimum budget of $2,500 to $5,000 month. If you’re a small business focused strictly on local SEO, prices are generally much less.
    Signature
    ★★★★★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10912200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by luciesmazanska View Post

    When it comes to SEO, many business owners just dont know enough to truly understand how to plan an effective SEO campaign.
    The average' budget for an SEO campaign to hiring a top-level SEO company to execute a comprehensive digital marketing campaign, will
    require a minimum budget of $2,500 to $5,000 month. If youre a small business focused strictly on local SEO, prices are generally much less.


    It's not uncommon for a small business to have a +$5,000 budget for PPC, let alone SEO campaigns.

    Everyone has different goals, everyone needs custom prices. You can't lump everyone into one or two price ranges. I know a lot of SEOs want to have flat SEO fees but it's silly. Heck one tough keyword could easily eat up a $5k budget.

    Keep in mind SEOs have expenses so it's not like 100% of a client campaign money is going in an SEOs pocket. I don't know about anyone else around here but I'm not working for minimum wage.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10912242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlossMart
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      It's not uncommon for a small business to have a +$5,000 budget for PPC, let alone SEO campaigns.

      Everyone has different goals, everyone needs custom prices. You can't lump everyone into one or two price ranges. I know a lot of SEOs want to have flat SEO fees but it's silly. Heck one tough keyword could easily eat up a $5k budget.

      Keep in mind SEOs have expenses so it's not like 100% of a client campaign money is going in an SEOs pocket. I don't know about anyone else around here but I'm not working for minimum wage.
      Yep, we're not a charity.

      I have been seeing a lot of the lower end SEO rates around the $500 to $1000 per month, so it's interesting how high the budgets stretch.

      Thanks for sharing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
    I think the $500, $1000 budgets that you see are just to get people in the front door for 'consultation' where they will proceed to upsell the client.
    Signature

    you cant hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlossMart
      Originally Posted by Matthew North View Post

      I think the $500, $1000 budgets that you see are just to get people in the front door for 'consultation' where they will proceed to upsell the client.
      Ok, cool - good to know. Client's think these budgets are fairly huge (especially SME's) so it's probably a good tactic to show the opportunities and then see what they can create as a suitable budget.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10914856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gkdhaka
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10914955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlossMart
      Thanks for this, that seems way lower than what the average I have been hearing is usually.

      Any reason for this?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927889].message }}

Trending Topics