Disclaimer: a lot goes into building agency. It doesn't have to be difficult, but you do have to learn two main things which I will cover. This year, I would like to give back to the warrior forum because that is where I got my start.
I remember scouring the forum for ideas on how to make it and at that time, I did not understand enough to connect the dots. Hopefully, this will help those who are new and save you a little bit of time in the research mode while you are learning your new skills.
If you are not interested in running an gency, but you still want to make money with SEO, you will still need to know how to sell, but you won't have to learn phone skills (i.e. talking to clients). *You will need to know how to write copy that coverts.
If you ARE interested in running an agency, you are going to have to learn phone skills and this includes selling. Remember, you are always selling when you talk to a client. More on this later.
Let's cover SEO first.
1. Search engine optimization will always change because Google is always changing their algorithms.
This will always be true and this is something that you can always count on if you decide to go into this field.
2. Making money through a loophole is not the best way to run a business. As you understand search engine optimization, you will find that there are things that will not change from algorithm to algorithm. Once you identify these elements, you can truly build on your knowledge even though it is ever-changing.
3. When you first begin building websites for either yourself or clients, you can usually manage it by yourself. But, when you get past a handful of clients or websites, it is best to have software that can help you manage the workload. This also includes hiring virtual assistants. Even though we are making six figures per year, I do not hire any of my assistants on a full-time basis. I pay them on a per project basis. This helps to reduce cost and keeps me from spending money that I don't have to spend.
4. Not all of the teachers that say they run a large business will give you the keys that you need to run a successful business. This is true for almost every field and niche. What has worked for me is to find one or two people that I trust and I have found that most of these people are not mainstream. However, there are always exceptions to this rule. The key is not to chase fast money.(shiny objects)
What you are looking for when you're trying to build a business are processes that help you make money. Once you find a process that helps you make money then it is important to automate that process if possible. This will help you free up time in both the real world and in your mind so you can concentrate on additional processes that will help you meet your goals.
5. Once you have your processes down, then you can concentrate on selling.
Ranking clients is the fulfillment process of your selling. If you spend all of your time trying to fulfill your client's needs, then it will not free up time for you to gain more business.
Although this post is not intended to teach you how to sell because it involves more than one post, getting comfortable talking to clients and talking about your service is the best way to FEEL comfortable when you are on the phone.
If you understand your trade, and in our case, it is ranking websites, when you talk to a client, then that confidence will come out. I know this sounds clichd, but it really does work. When you have confidence in what you do and in your ability to get your clients results, you can just be yourself from that point and just talk.
Yes, there are many techniques that you can use but if you don't have confidence the techniques will not work.
Note: If you know how to sell, but are not sure how to SEO, you can always find someone who will fullfill your orders.
Lets' digest this and I would be happy to answer any questions also.