100-300k monthly visitors using my grade calculator - 2 million a year, need advice!

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Yes, I have a 11 year old website that gets around 100k-300k organic searches each month whom are college students using the grade tool the site offers. Students can choose to sign up via e-mail and save their results.

Currently 11k+ students are registered to the site and their e-mails have not been contacted.

It is currently ranked #3-#5 and has a lot of schools and .edu backlinks

I currently only have adsense on this page, but it peaks during college exams months. Last December, it had over 300k, I'm expecting January to much lower though.



My plan: I want to revamp this site into the #1 resource for college students like essay writing, get your homework/assignments/online class done, resume writing, etc. This site currently has no content.

I want to first start by doing content marketing for the first 3-6 months to build some authority while capture e-mails... and then do a complete site redesign later once I am getting more monthly traffic.

My questions are:

What are some better ways of monetizing this kind of traffic instead of Adsense? e.g. affiliate marketing, list building, paid student services.

Will my site have enough authority right now to easily rank for long tail keywords without much SEO?

My calculator page has all the links pointed to it. If I link to a new article on my calculator page, should it be enough for my site to rank for a easy competition long tail keyword?
#advice #calculator #grade #million #monthly #visitors #year
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author matteomatt
    If you look on CPA Networks you will find many EDU offers. - Scholarship CPAs, essay writing services.

    Those are two of the most popular ones when it comes to directly EDU related. Your secondary option with CPA is to run banner ads with less related offers, but ones that still could convert if you tailor it to your demographic.

    Overall here dude you have some real good potential. I am sure you make some $ off adsense but thats good traffic and a good, strong niche. CPA is my first suggestion, since there are some very targeted offers, but im sure plenty will chime in, also Clickbank might have something for your demo.
    Signature

    If you would like some basic tutorials and useful info, please visit my site at www.dontsuckatmarketing.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    You could probably sell ad space to places like Monster.com as well.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author guitarprince
    I think you should sell space for advertising banners.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jppareek
    I think you should place affiliate ad and sell ad spaces to prominent website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Where are your visitors located? Students buy clothes, nail polish, food, books, iphones and other electronic gadgets... Locate sellers of such and have them advertise on your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nobodybaby
    Originally Posted by matteomatt View Post

    If you look on CPA Networks you will find many EDU offers. - Scholarship CPAs, essay writing services.

    Those are two of the most popular ones when it comes to directly EDU related. Your secondary option with CPA is to run banner ads with less related offers, but ones that still could convert if you tailor it to your demographic.

    Overall here dude you have some real good potential. I am sure you make some $ off adsense but thats good traffic and a good, strong niche. CPA is my first suggestion, since there are some very targeted offers, but im sure plenty will chime in, also Clickbank might have something for your demo.
    Thanks, I should look into CPA again. Any advice on what are some good CPA networks?
    I was just thinking of putting Chegg affiliate onto this page.. They offer 10% per lead and 3% every recurring.

    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    You could probably sell ad space to places like Monster.com as well.
    Originally Posted by guitarprince View Post

    I think you should sell space for advertising banners.
    Originally Posted by jppareek View Post

    I think you should place affiliate ad and sell ad spaces to prominent website.
    This is what came first to mine. Thanks guys, glad to know others agree.

    Originally Posted by DABK View Post

    Where are your visitors located? Students buy clothes, nail polish, food, books, iphones and other electronic gadgets... Locate sellers of such and have them advertise on your site.
    My visitors are all from USA and 5 percent UK

    I was thinking of doing more of services for college students that will help them pass all their classes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Maybe kids are different today then when I was in college, but most had an extra $5 for some beer even when they didn't have a penny for some study guide.

      Your idea is good too, depending on your content.

      Some things you can promote are not as tied to content as what you are proposing... So, if your content is the right kind, go for it.

      Originally Posted by Nobodybaby View Post


      My visitors are all from USA and 5 percent UK

      I was thinking of doing more of services for college students that will help them pass all their classes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eddyjoy
    You can offer the services ("I was thinking of doing more of services for college students that will help them pass all their classes"). Why Not.
    But as a sub-domain of the site, and continue monetizing the traffic by selling ad spaces.
    You have potential, try different strategies and keep the cash cows.

    PS
    If you would like help in outsourcing the college assignments we can talk.
    Signature

    I do SEO for a Computer Repair Blog and a School

    So far the Academic Term Paper editing services has been exciting!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11220609].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics