Why is my website's Google indexing fluctuating?

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
From last 2 weeks, I'm seeing lots of up and down in google indiexing in my wordpress website. Total, I've 69 pages to crawl and index. Last time, it decreaed to 32 and then after resubmitting the sitemap and tweaking obots.txt page, it reindexed all of them.
Now, once again google deindexed 8 pages from their index. What should I do to reindex them back?
#fluctuating #google #indexing #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author QuickBooksMac
    Yes.. you can submit robot.txt again but before submitting robots.txt file you need to change some things in websiteSteps that you need to follow:
    1) Need to change content of the website including Meta Tags.
    2) Check your URL is along with HTTP to HTTPS.
    3) Check your IP status ( health of Server IP ).
    4) Create New SITEMAP.XML & then submit it again.
    5) Need to add sitemap.xml link in your robot.txt code & also check that you have allowed all search engine crawler.
    6) Then last Submit Robot.txt again.
    7) After submit DeIndex URL in Google webmaster and also in Submit URL normally.
    8) And then wait for 24hrsIf the above process is not worked then need to add Meta Robot.

    Because Meta robot help crawler to Index website forcefully.Note: Meta Robot code is different for different search engine if you want only to index your website in a specific search engine.Normal Meta Robot Code for All Search Engine is:
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Angga Sejahtra
    it happen to mine also,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zaiyan
    Hi,

    Check if your robots.txt file has changed, also check if your sitemap.xml is working fine.
    Try resetting your cache and click on "Save Changes" again at Settings >> Permalinks.
    Deactivate and reactivate all plugins, update your wordpress core, theme and plugins
    Install a SEO plugin.
    Resubmit your sitemap to google console
    In your google console, visit "Fetch as Google" and hit render by selecting Desktop and then Smartphone
    After the render option loads, click fetch and then select fetch all pages in the website.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by hashmimart View Post

    From last 2 weeks, I'm seeing lots of up and down in google indiexing in my wordpress website. Total, I've 69 pages to crawl and index. Last time, it decreaed to 32 and then after resubmitting the sitemap and tweaking obots.txt page, it reindexed all of them.
    Now, once again google deindexed 8 pages from their index. What should I do to reindex them back?
    You're confused.

    Indexing and ranking are two different things.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hashmimart
      Yes, I know the difference. Here, I'm talking about indexing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Not all pages will stay in the index. If they are duplicate content or the performance metrics indicate that they are not useful to people, they will get de-indexed. Take a look at the pages that get de-indexed and see if they are truly adding something new and valuable to the web.
    Signature
    FREE ONLINE COURSE- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11382730].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pdomain
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      Not all pages will stay in the index. If they are duplicate content or the performance metrics indicate that they are not useful to people, they will get de-indexed. Take a look at the pages that get de-indexed and see if they are truly adding something new and valuable to the web.
      Then why is the fluctuation?

      My website has 300 pages, it shows sometimes 200, sometimes 150, why?
      Signature

      Coming soon!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434660].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
        Originally Posted by Pdomain View Post

        Then why is the fluctuation?

        My website has 300 pages, it shows sometimes 200, sometimes 150, why?
        Because there is difference in between what G. indexes and displaying in site metrics.

        Our directory have 300,000 pages indexed by G. and yet it shows only 770.
        Does it bothers us?
        NO
        Why NO?
        Because when it counts, invisible pages all the sadden popping up in SERP

        G. knows content of your site and nothing else is matters.



        fastreplies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LWalsh
    Hi

    Check when a robots.txt file has changed, also check if a sitemap.xml is working fine. Try resetting your cache and then click on"Save Changes" again in Settings >> Permalinks. Deactivate and reactivate all plugins, update your WordPress theme heart and plugins Install a Search Engine Optimization plugin.

    Have a nice work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434688].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics