Any way of avoiding totally the Google Penalty?

51 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello everyone,

I am working on digital marketing. I have a website of my own. Sometimes I hear from some of my friends that the traffic of their website suddenly drops down that means their target audiences can't find their website.

It happens when Google penalizes a website. I want to protect my website. How can I avoid the google penalty?
Any way of avoiding this?

Suggest me kindly the techniques of avoiding this.

Thank you
#avoiding #google #penalty #totally
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    Avoid sneaky SEO techniques and you've got nothing to worry about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author divyakochar
    Hello Pamela,

    Google penalize the websites due to some spammy activities like buying links to boost one's link profile, scraping content, offering poor quality content, keyword stuffing and many more.

    Below are some tips on how to avoid google panalty:
    1. Work on your link building
    2. Work on your design
    3. Improve your content
    4. Avoid Keyword Stuffing
    5. Optimize your anchor text


    Hope this will help you.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439363].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pamela123
      Hello Divya,
      Thank you very much for such a helpful suggestion. I'll try to avoid all that is forbidden.

      Thanks again
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439550].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jim Kahoot
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    Originally Posted by Pamela123 View Post

    It happens when Google penalizes a website. I want to protect my website. How can I avoid the google penalty?
    Any way of avoiding this?
    Penalty for what?
    What are you doing to deserve penalty in a first place?

    Now, whatever you're talking about is normal event when it's come to new websites.
    New site sometimes jumps up in SERP but after it adapted by numerous servers,
    you will experience drop but not because G. is slammed penalty but because it
    sorted up SERP and put new site wherever it belongs, sometimes closer to the top,
    sometimes wherever sun is never shine.

    At least you know there is good reason for G. to penalize your site, stop listen what
    wannabe "SEO Pros" will be telling you in this thread.



    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pamela123
      Thanks for your valuable suggestion .
      Actually, I am always afraid of Google penalty. That's why I always try to follow the right way of SEO.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439552].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lambertson
        You don't have to panic every time positions of your website drop, since you claim you are following the rules. There are many other reasons for that besides penalties, especially nowadays.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Do what Google tells you to do and don't do what they warn you about and you'll have no fear of a penalty - https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/35769?hl=en
    Signature
    FREE ONLINE COURSE- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vijay Singh Khatri
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rank Watch
    Some top and basic stuff to do is comprised in 3 steps:
    1. Avoid OVER-USING your Keywords: Make sure your content does not have stuffing of keywords with unnecessary repetitions. That's bound to hurt your rankings badly.
    2. Try NOT to Buy Links: If any link is passing value to your site. It should be natural and organic.
    3. Content must be fresh, unique, long-forma and regularly pushed out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monica Meiers
    Based on my experience, you only get penalized if:

    You spam keywords
    You build inbound links fast with low-rank websites
    Your site loads poorly
    and your site is infected by an adware virus.

    So far, Google announces its algorithm changes early enough to give developers time to make the necessary adjustments. There's no escape from possible penalties, but heeding Google's outreach efforts is a great and inexpensive way to do so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    Follow all google guideline, don't try to "hack" Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buzzinteractive
    to avoid Google Penalty just don't misuse google guidelines you need to make sure you follow the Google guidelines. most of the time google penalize the sites for spamming low quality links, stuffing keywords, thin content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jitendraakk
    We have been working for different categories domains since many years but not a single website had penalized by Google. Use white hat SEO techniques only and works according to Google ranking updates. You can read Google ranking updates on Google search.

    If your website is already penalized then you can do one thing: Go to Google webmaster tool and find all incoming links to your website. Analyse all links quality.You can use other free tools to find your back links. Here you need to spend time to find malicious links coming to your website and When you find those put them into disavow tool in webmaster tool.

    If you want to prevent yourself from get penalized you can avoid some spammy activities on your website:
    • Don't copy and paste contents on your website from any other domain
    • Don't stuff with keywords in meta
    • Create back links from trusted and high DA websites
    • work on your design and make your website more catchy where user spend more time to reduce bounce rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GayleFoxworth
    There are only 3 main reason for getting penalty from google, if you avoid those then you will be safe. I have mentioned them here:
    Don't buy links.
    Don't overuse keywords.
    Make original, quality content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author friend9999
    avoid spamy backlinks this is why google penalize websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    1. Read and follow Google's rules.
    2. Don't do anything shady.
    3. Provide great, unique content.
    4. Build natural links, not paid links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    Originally Posted by Pamela123 View Post

    Suggest me kindly the techniques of avoiding this
    No really @Pamela123, why are you trolling us? To get some post counts, eh?
    Proof: https://www.warriorforum.com/search-...l#post11440442

    You made 6 "Thanks" posts some of them 3 in a row, something Mods shouldn't allow.

    It seems to me, you already know the answers, conclusion one would made based on
    your follow up posts prizing posts filled with useless suggestions, as if you ever will to
    follow them or implement in your site's structure.

    You got more than you may ever use answers, so stop spamming your own thread.

    You make me

    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440857].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pamela123
      Thank you. There is no need to make me understand using such expressions! You are always welcome to remove my post if it seems to spam. I am not so old here, so, it is simple for me to make some fault while posting here. I have received an email from this warning and I've understood that I've made some mistakes here. Don't worry, I'll try to rectify them.

      I personally like this forum and also like to post here. So, don't treat me with the expressions like "eh" or "vomiting emoji"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author expmrb
      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

      No really @Pamela123, why are you trolling us? To get some post counts, eh?
      Proof: https://www.warriorforum.com/search-...l#post11440442

      You made 6 "Thanks" posts some of them 3 in a row, something Mods shouldn't allow.

      It seems to me, you already know the answers, conclusion one would made based on
      your follow up posts prizing posts filled with useless suggestions, as if you ever will to
      follow them or implement in your site's structure.

      You got more than you may ever use answers, so stop spamming your own thread.

      You make me

      fastreplies

      OP should just stop doing SEO.
      Signature
      SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
      Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I'd say Pam:

    - create helpful, thorough blog content
    - build links by building friendships with top folks in your niche

    You avoid the penalty by creating helpful content and by building meaningful friendships, naturally building links. No reason for Google to penalize you if you patiently follow the basics.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sandrajankowski
    Your Backlink should not contain any spam links, because this is the main reason for getting penalty from google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
      Originally Posted by Sandrajankowski View Post

      Your Backlink should not contain any spam links, because this is the main reason for getting penalty from google.
      Who is the Judge to say which links are spammy and which are not?
      What if people who are linking to you care less if you like that link or not?
      Do you really believe Google's bots know which links are spam or not?

      In 2007 Google manually penalized leading, high quality web directories
      claiming because of "bad links" only to remove penalties one month later
      because G. couldn't define clearly what that means and how to avoid it.



      fastreplies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskiKaOwnzYou
    After four or five years of steady traffic you will see a sharp decline in traffic with google unless you have relevant new content each month, your overall page rank for your website will be diminished if you don't provide new content each month or two. Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unisecureus
    Hi,
    Don't do any spammy work and do not use any duplication content for your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11442567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EvilKnevil
    Try learning what triggers Google penalties in the first place and avoid those SEO practices. You must have natural looking back linking profiles etc... do some research...keep yourself safe. Spammy garbage links and over optimization, too much exact anchor text is just a few examples...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11443652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Expert
    Already i can see much valuable inputs by the members.
    All i can say is to avoid link spam , build them naturally. Only do high quality link backs , quality is superior than quantity.
    Good luck for your journey.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claudyou
    Google penalty it's not always a penalty and many times a drop in ranking due to many factors that can appear even a website it's restructured, it's content changed, move to another domain, modified robots.txt for any reason and so on.
    That's the reason any website that's more than a business card and guides leads and conversions to a business should be 'protected' by a SEO Specialist.
    A good tip that could help you: Never try to trick Google. Every time people think they find a shorter way to get higher in rankings, they usually don't know that Google will drop their ranking sooner or later. Don't steal content, don't get easy-way backlinks, work constantly on your website content and optimization and check it's rankings as frequently it's possible (of course, not hourly).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
      Originally Posted by Claudyou View Post

      A good tip that could help you: Never try to trick Google. Every time people think they find a shorter way to get higher in rankings, they usually don't know that Google will drop their ranking sooner or later.
      A good tip that could help you:
      G. will drop your ranking sooner or later no matter what you do, including cheating or not.

      Rank has been never meant to be permanent top spot in SERP for any specific site placed
      there by manipulating SEO but rather G's endless task to make sure no one stays on top
      forever regardless which hat you are trying to wear on your SEO.



      fastreplies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444258].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claudyou
        Yes, there could be anytime drops in rankings and visits from organic, but, if you go fair enough (mix of hats) you could increase more than he can drop you through an update like the last one, due to "improvements" (they say) of how first page and so on.
        For me it's important to "sleep well", but I know there (and here) are many people go with more black hat than anything and they win, in terms of money, more than I. But I'm not a fan of hit&go projects.
        I also go black hat, if black could be considered buying advertorials. And yes, Google mark them as black.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenchong
    Well Google penalty rarely happens. Your Friends website traffic drops doesn't mean they are penalized. this change may be due to a logarithmic change. or something else. If you want avoid google Penalties always follow Webmaster guidelines regarding content and Backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sophiaaddison017
    Yes, google Penalty against this website.
    At first you should remove all this type things. Creating good quality of content and build niche back link for you site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Varun121
    Avoid using Copy of content from other related niche websites.

    Avoid buying backlinks, traffic from other 3rd party sites.

    Don't follow the black hat seo techniques like (Keyword stuffing, Copy content, copy meta tags, backlinks from non quality sites etc..)

    You can check in Google Webmaster Tools site performance.

    Target your audience with your exact targeted keyword.

    Currently, Google updating few alogarithm, few sites may affect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vimalc98
    ok, so Google can penalize you for many reasons..
    I am going to divide it into two categories.
    1. Google can penalize you for On-page over-optimization.
    2. Or Google can penalize you for Off-page over-optimization.

    First, let's talk about on-page mistakes that can lend you a penalty
    1. Don't stuff keywords in content.
    2. Don't over-optimize the anchor text of internal linking.
    3. Don't increase the keyword-density just to increase the word count.
    4. Don't use the plagiarized content.

    These are the main reason for the penalty, but most of the(Almost everyone) gets a penalty for off-page over optimization.

    My site got penalized many times because of the off-page over-optimization.
    Off-page penalty mainly depends on your backlink profile.
    If you have the build spammy links then it is the end of your site for sure.
    To avoid such penalties follow below steps
    1. use the as low amount of exact anchor text as possible in backlinks.
    2. Never ever build spammy links.
    3. if you are building guest post links on your own then always use variable anchor text ratio and change the author bio and name for every post otherwise google will get spooky about your links.
    4. Don't comment too much otherwise, it will count as a spammy link.
    5. Disavow the low-quality links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MadsenRetreat
    Yes, you can avoid totally Google Penalty by use of Ethical SEO Technique. Don't use automated tools to submit your websites in the search engine.
    Plus don't create links where it looks like a spammy, just make sure about quality not quantity.

    Use of Relevant content for your website and avoid spammy links and all surely your website will not get any penalty

    Kindly let me know if you have any query,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    I do not think any website can totally avoid Google penalties in my opinion .However you can optimize your pages so that your website is more search friendly . Start by checking for broken links, check your page load speed. Use key words in your H1 h2 TAGS . Optimize your images with key words ,make sure that your theme is easy to navigate. Use your key words in your URL and also in the body of your content and titles . Build quality back links .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnathenMartin
    Read & Follow the Specific google guidelines and avoid some following points:-

    Duplicate Content
    Over using Keywords
    Low-quality Backlinks
    Unnatural Backlinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BradYoung04
    If you do not indulge in black hat techniques, you will be absolutely fine. There are plenty of resources online that discuss black hat tactics more detail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author connectpos
    - Protect your website from being hacked.
    - Do do anything related to grey or black hat SEO.

    I know it's hard to do so. but you should prepare for that. To protect from being hacked, you can use a premium hosting, or setup a secured VPS for your website.

    About black/grey hat, you are the one to choose to follow it or not. You can have quick result but high penalty risk, or slower with lower risk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Castor Troy1
    Some ways are useful for avoid Google penalty:
    -Don't buy any backlinks which is very unauthorized for google.
    -Using more keywords can be another way of get penalty.
    -Content must have to unique, any copy content is not good for a site according to google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445157].message }}
  • I honestly do not update myself of these penalties AS LONG AS you focus more on quality than quantity, you have nothing more to worry about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MadsenRetreat
    Well, you need to take care
    1)Avoid over optimization,Check keywords optimization
    2)Avoid Spammy Links
    3)Avoid Irrelevant Link submission
    4)Don't use Auto Submission tools for Links

    --For better optimization
    1)Checking each and every factor of on-page optimization
    2)Checking broken links in webmaster
    3)Try to make Unique Content for your websites.
    4)Try to submit your websites to niche websites.

    Surely, it will help you.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matej Bratic
    One of them and I think the most common reason is over optimization with your anchors (backlinks)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hirenpopat123
    it's very easy.
    always follow rules and guidelines of Google algorithm so you never will be penalized from the search engine.
    avoid black hat techniques, always use white hat techniques and always do user-friendly activities, share best quality content in the site. you should read all the algorithm, so you can protect your site from penalized.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dilek101
    Check in your google webmasters for manual webspam. If you are clear it means that you didnt get penalised.
    Last week one of my sites was ranking #2 for a keyword and got demoted to page 2. I was on page 2 for some times ( 2 weeks ) and now I am back on #2 . I did some changes to the page such as rearranging headings and stuff but now I'm back on #2. Don't abuse the fetch as google button.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author New Tree
    Google only penalize you when you perform such activities to boost your rankings in SERP's which violates the google webmaster guidelines and not worth for the user. the only tip to avoid is to do White hat SEO in a manner that dont look like spammy and create the content for users not for search engines.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newton
    Most Google penalties come from backlinks they do not like. These might be ones you have built yourself, purchased or ones a competitor sends to your site.


    In most cases you can block these in your Google Console and resubmit the site if it has been penalized.


    Other than that, you just have to focus on building a quality site and hope for the best!
    Signature
    FREE REPORT REVEALS: "How I Made $1,913.66 With Less Than 60 Minutes 'Work' Flipping A Simple Website" --> Click Here For Instant Access
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    Good content . Check for broken links . Check your page load speed. Make sure that your theme is responsive and user friendly. Make sure each page is optimized with the key words that you want to rank for. Make sure title ,meta tag description,images,url are all optimized. By the way there is no way of avoiding google penalties completely in my opinion .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11450934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FractionTech
    I would like to say in short and sweet manner is you should follow Skyscraper Technique 2.0 which are most useful technique
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11451035].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics