Is there a way to beat High Authority Sites

12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Google seems to be favoring high authority sites as car manufacturers and car auction sites even when they are not relevant to the search. Is there a way to squeeze in between them on the first page through more relevant content or more robust brand building. Everything we have tried all this year has worked. Google just loves those mega authority sites in our niche. Any guidance and advise would be appreciated.
#authority #beat #high #sites
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
    Any advise will be appreciated. On most of the searches Google is placing car manufacturers and car auction sites on the first page. Should car exporters should just wait it out or is there any way to make Google realize that a car importer is looking for listing of car exporters and not car manufacturers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11465962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lambertson
    What search query are you talking about?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11466202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
      Originally Posted by lambertson View Post

      What search query are you talking about?
      Thanks Lambertson for getting back to me. All inquiries related to car models. Most Thailand made vehicles that are exported out of Thailand. In the past Thailand Car exporters used to dominate the first two pages in Google searches outside Thailand and Toyota Thailand and other manufacturers receive one listing on the front or second page. Now it is the reverse.

      Some search terms are "Toyota hilux Revo" "Toyota Hilux Revo Thailand" Toyota Hilux Vigo" "Ford Ranger Thailand" "Ford Ranger Wildtrak". In "Toyota Hilux Revo" for instance the first page has three or four listing from Toyota Thailand the remaining of car sites, the second page has car sites or car auction sites. Ditto for page 3 and 4. It is on page 5 that some exporters make it. In the past there would be at least 5 listings of car exporters. Most searchers outside Thailand are looking for car exporters sites either for information in English or for buying information.

      In "Toyota Hilux Revo Thailand" exporters begin on page 3. The same story for all Revo and other car searches.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11466463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    Sure, do what they do, just do it better. Of course, that's easier said than done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11466569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lambertson
    I guess you are mixing up searcher intents. It's ok that Google finds the official Toyota dealer and auctions as the most authoritative source for model name query, because people searching for a car name in Thailand are probably looking to buy a car in Thailand, not to import a car (as they are already in Thailand). As I can see, if I change my query to "Toyota hilux Revo export", Google shows a bunch of exporters, once again, because the intent is different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11466900].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
      Originally Posted by lambertson View Post

      I guess you are mixing up searcher intents. It's ok that Google finds the official Toyota dealer and auctions as the most authoritative source for model name query, because people searching for a car name in Thailand are probably looking to buy a car in Thailand, not to import a car (as they are already in Thailand). As I can see, if I change my query to "Toyota hilux Revo export", Google shows a bunch of exporters, once again, because the intent is different.
      I understand what you are saying but for the past 10 plus years Google placed exporters on the first three pages in these searches. The logic is that a person who types this query in Thailand is indeed looking for local sites, even then Toyota is not relevant as you want to find a Toyota dealer or a used car dealer in that search. If I'm in Boston searching for Toyota Tacoma I expect to see dealers in Boston area first and only one link to Toyota USA. Returning to Thailand, if I'm in Kenya, Tanzania, East Timor, Pakistan, USA and do a search for a Thailand vehicle as Toyota Hilux Revo or Toyota Fortuner I expect NOT to see the first five slots dominated by Toyota Thailand as this cannot be anyone's search INTENT in those countries. One link should be sufficient. Then displaying auction sites in Thai language is also antithetical to user intent. They need sites in English which are from exporters.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Google favors the PAGES that mist closely matches the search query.

    When more than one does that, it sorts them by backlinks.

    Get backlinks. Good ones, from pages that have lots of good backlinks.

    If Google favors a car maker, it is because it has determined that the car maker is the best match for a particular search.

    Make it think one of your pages is the best match and it will show it first.


    And, yes, it is possible to outrank any page from any site. The question is: is it worth it?


    Originally Posted by jfambrini View Post

    Google seems to be favoring high authority sites as car manufacturers and car auction sites even when they are not relevant to the search. Is there a way to squeeze in between them on the first page through more relevant content or more robust brand building. Everything we have tried all this year has worked. Google just loves those mega authority sites in our niche. Any guidance and advise would be appreciated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SahaayNisha
    Which authority sites you are talking ?
    Signature
    Thanks & Regards,
    Nisha Sahaay
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WoodsPainting
    These are the 7 steps to follow to practically increase your Domain Authority Score.
    Step 1: Work on Your Off Page SEO. ...
    Step 2: On-Page SEO Optimization. ...
    Step 3: Work on Your Technical SEO. ...
    Step 4: Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly. ...
    Step 5: Improve Your Page Speed. ...
    Step 6: Increase Your Social Signals.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470714].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edpudol1973
      Originally Posted by WoodsPainting View Post

      These are the 7 steps to follow to practically increase your Domain Authority Score.
      Step 1: Work on Your Off Page SEO. ...
      Step 2: On-Page SEO Optimization. ...
      Step 3: Work on Your Technical SEO. ...
      Step 4: Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly. ...
      Step 5: Improve Your Page Speed. ...
      Step 6: Increase Your Social Signals.
      I guess your answer is not really answering the question of the OP. He is not asking technique to out rank those authority site... he is asking if google is giving more favor to those authority sites even less relevant to the search kw.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11472975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidDiamon
    If you cant beat them join them. Lol. But on more serious note it takes quite a lot to become an authority site so either put in a lot of good work overtime OR look to bite chunks into small,small niches that those authority sites dont specifically target.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11472463].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11473016].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics