I am considering building a PBN (Private Blog Network) to help rank one of my sales sites. I have heard various gurus succeeding in SEO say that a PBN is essential.
Despite not having done this before, this is my understanding of what I should do:
• Buy at least one aged domain with high PR (Page Rank) to use as a site that backlinks to your target site (sales site).
• The target site (sales site) should have a Unique IP address.
• Each of the other sites in the PBN don't have to have a unique IP, but should never all share the same unique IP.
• The other sites (not the target site) should be hosted on Shared Hosting accounts, so as to share IP addresses with thousands of other sites - leaving no footprint for Google to detect.
• But each of the other sites in the PBN should be hosted with a different hosting company, so as to ensure their IP addresses are not the same (despite sharing IPs with thousands of sites outside your PBN).
• The web hosts you use should be popular and reliable, to ensure their "shared hosting" has thousands of sites (used by many different people) all using the same IP addresses.
I'd be very grateful if you could tell me if I have this down correctly?