1. I got the domain name early in 2017 - and created a wordpress site live, but then decided to hide it in .htaccess so that users would get a 403 message, until I was ready to launch. But then the deny message taken away, and some pages got indexed, but I was not ready to launch it, so I hid it. I only took away the hiding in .htaccess about a month ago. Then I used yahoo local business and paid to have listings made. Most of them are live, but I am getting no traffic. Ahrefs only shows 7 links. Google webmaster tools only 6 - but they are from a redirect of the equivalent site in .biz
Moz shows 4 links.
I am wondering whether it was a mistake to let the site get indexed and then disappear for almost 2 years. Do the search engines think I am less reliable?
2. Only tonight did I realize that although the redirect of http://mysite.net to https://mysite.net was working the redirect from http:/mysite.net/anotherpage to https://mysite.net/anotherpage, was not. I fixed this tonight. Would that impact google finding my backlinks, or ranking me.
3. I tried to create a google my business listing - bu it got flagged because I made a mistake on the address - added a UPS store address which they didn't like. Finally got the listing live, but my address is hidden - it seems like that has a negative impact.
4. The site is wordpress and I am using Yoast, but just really getting started in learning how to optimize each page.
5. I am familiar with Moz, Ahrefs, Neil Patel for helping out with SEO, but don't know others - can't afford them all - looking for the first / best to get with a limited budget.
Any suggestions are appreciated.