Conxtextual backlink from inner page with low PA, but good DA on domain?

7 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi. The general consensus is that we should try to get contextual backlinks from pages with good PA, and if the domain has a good DA.

So what about a domain that has a good DA, the website itself and the article is very contextual to your money site, but the inner page has low or almost zero PA?

For example, let's say your money site is about hamburgers. There is another website about hamburgers and it has a good DA. You consider getting a backlink from this website but the owner says they cannot give you a backlink from the homepage, but that they can write an article related to hamburgers, and then put the backlink to your money site inside this article. The article would effectively be an inner page from this website with low PA (or start out at zero PA) because it is a new article and a new page. The entire website is about hamburgers, and the article is also about hamburgers so contextually, it would all be related to your money site which is also about hamburgers.

There are some websites out there with good DA that are very relevant to the theme (and therefore context) of my money site. I want to know if it's worthwhile to get a backlink from these sites, even if the backlink will be on an inner page with low PA. Is it worth it to get such a contextual backlink in this case, if the price is reasonable, even if the PA of the page would be very low or almost zero (but the DA of the domain is very good)?
#backlink #conxtextual #domain #good #low #page
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Get the link if it is relevant (i.e. "would people reading this page also be interested in my page?") and stop paying so much attention to mythical things like PA and DA.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alphabanter
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      Get the link if it is relevant (i.e. "would people reading this page also be interested in my page?") and stop paying so much attention to mythical things like PA and DA.
      Substitute high DA for "authoritative site." So if you can get a link that is relevant (ie. a contextual backlink), even if the link is on a new inner page of an authoritative site, then you are saying it's worth it to get it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514453].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
        Originally Posted by alphabanter View Post

        Substitute high DA for "authoritative site." So if you can get a link that is relevant (ie. a contextual backlink), even if the link is on a new inner page of an authoritative site, then you are saying it's worth it to get it.
        If it is relevant and the site has a common audience, even a link from a site not perceived as "high authority" is a link you want - unless, of course, you are paying for it. Sure, a relevant, high authority site is even better but I would never turn down a natural, unpaid link opportunity because the relevant site doesn't have enough "juice".

        More specific to your question, however, I wouldn't worry about the page metrics at all and again, better page metrics make it a better link but not enough to not get it, regardless (again, assuming it is not a paid link).
        Signature
        StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
        My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514703].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author alphabanter
          Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

          If it is relevant and the site has a common audience, even a link from a site not perceived as "high authority" is a link you want - unless, of course, you are paying for it. Sure, a relevant, high authority site is even better but I would never turn down a natural, unpaid link opportunity because the relevant site doesn't have enough "juice".

          More specific to your question, however, I wouldn't worry about the page metrics at all and again, better page metrics make it a better link but not enough to not get it, regardless (again, assuming it is not a paid link).
          I would be paying for such a link. The site would be relevant and the article the link is placed in would also be relevant (a "contextual backlink"). But it would be a new article and therefore, it would be a new page that the link is placed on.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514787].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
            Originally Posted by alphabanter View Post

            I would be paying for such a link. The site would be relevant and the article the link is placed in would also be relevant (a "contextual backlink"). But it would be a new article and therefore, it would be a new page that the link is placed on.
            Perhaps someone else here is better qualified to answer the question, then. I have never paid for a link in my life, but I imagine ones on new pages with no links to it (and less authority) would cost appreciably less than one on an established page. When they are unpaid, you take what you can get and are grateful!
            Signature
            StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
            My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11515001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CherryMiss
    Contextual backlinks from a website with good DA are just ok. I would proceed with it. Just be sure that your content is useful and it's not just the bunch of keywords, even contextual.
    Signature

    Best and worst brands, reviews from real customers - https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alphabanter
      Originally Posted by CherryMiss View Post

      Contextual backlinks from a website with good DA are just ok. I would proceed with it. Just be sure that your content is useful and it's not just the bunch of keywords, even contextual.
      Yup. The contextual backlink would be on a new page though, probably some inner new page from this website that has good DA (or good authority if some people don't like to use DA).

      Most website owners just won't give you a backlink from their homepage. But they may be willing to write an article on their website and then link to your money site in the article they write for you (so you would get a contextual backlink). I was wondering how effective such contextual backlinks are and from the responses so far, it seems it is somewhat effective.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11514454].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics