This post should help you with your "Seo journey".
I will try to explain everything step by step:
Step 1: Getting your website noticed by Google (Post content on your website every now and then)-->
Google loves to see websites those update themselves often. You should post some content on your website once in a while. I normally post 1 article a week on my website. Not only this makes your website BIGGER but also forces google to visit you again and again.
Step 2: Get social media on:
Any good website has social presence and U should also get that.
Make a facebook page, twitter page, instagram and a youtube channel for your website. Make sure to put your website url in description of those 4 social sites....
Get some likes, tweets for your website urls and your social pages too.
Step 3: Get some diversity links:
Any good website has links from different types of websites and U should also aim to get that.
Try to get some social media votes + some brand profiles + some web2.0s + some comments + some guest posts + Some bookmarks + some more type of links.....
If your website is a new website then I wont suggest to make more than 30-40 diversified links.
If u need list of web2.0s, comments sites, guest post sites, bookmark sites then do a simple search on google and u should get that. I beleive many fellow warriors have posted some site lists already.
Step 4: Get some outreach guest posts:
Outreach to other websites in your niche and request them for a guest post. These will help your seo greatly.
If you get 3-4 guest posts every month then after 3-4 months seo- u should be in a very good spot.
Step 5: Get some PBN links: (only if its a nice pbn)
PBN links always carry a lot of value but only invest in a PBN if it is private and safe. It is best to create your own PBN.
Important things to remember:
1. Dont make all links in a single day. Make sure to drip links. Its best If u get like 1-2 links everyday (or in every few days)
2. Always make 90% brand anchors + 5% generic anchors + 5 exact anchors and LSI
3. Always make 20-50% links to homepage and other links to other inner pages of your website. Google never likes to see all links approaching to a single page.
4. Update your website ONCE a week atleast.
5. It would be great if u have atleast 30 quality articles on your website (The main purpose of google is to offer INFORMATION and the more articles u have- the more information you have.
Having higher count of articles always guarantee easier SEO.
If u can put 100 articles on your website then SEO should be very easy for you).
Feel free to ask any and all questions u guys have. I will try to answer those.