Website has 98% traffic from India, good ranking, what if target country changed to USA?

20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Is it a right move? Will it affect ranking as traffic is surely going to be less? I already made chane in Webmaster Central. Please advice.
#98% #changed #country #good #india #ranking #target #traffic #usa #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    You will lose ranking in India, gain in US, but might not be high enough to compensate.


    Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

    Is it a right move? Will it affect ranking as traffic is surely going to be less? I already made chane in Webmaster Central. Please advice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544764].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webcontent
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      You will lose ranking in India, gain in US, but might not be high enough to compensate.
      Yes, but there are few services meant for International market only, for instance we offer academic help to students from USA, UK, Australia etc... There's no point of seeing our site on top position with assignment writing India as our audiences are not in India and that's the point.
      Signature

      Working at Thoughtfulminds offering content writing services and Wordpress Website Development to help small, medium and large enterprises mark their presence.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544846].message }}
      • Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

        Yes, but there are few services meant for International market only, for instance we offer academic help to students from USA, UK, Australia etc... There's no point of seeing our site on top position with assignment writing India as our audiences are not in India and that's the point.
        You're making a good move then. If your audience is not in India, then it makes no sense to focus your attention there. So, focus on creating content for the markets that you wish to target, and build backlinks accordingly.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544871].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        I know what your point is. I told you what happened to me. Which makes sense that it happened. Not sure what you want here:



        Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

        Yes, but there are few services meant for International market only, for instance we offer academic help to students from USA, UK, Australia etc... There's no point of seeing our site on top position with assignment writing India as our audiences are not in India and that's the point.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    I don't see any reason why it would effect your Indian traffic and as to USA,
    you just have to work harder on building up new market to succeed wherever
    you would chose to go next.



    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544773].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Because till now he has told Google they want to show in the serp for people in one country and now they told Google they want to be shown in another country.

      Google will accomodate.

      I did that once, from US to England.

      Dropped on maon keyword from #3 to 35 in US, webt fron 27 to 2 in England within the space of 4 days of changing country in webmaster.

      A couple of weeks laterI changef from England to US; drooped in SERPS in England, went up in SERPS in US.

      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

      I don't see any reason why it would effect your Indian traffic and as to USA,
      you just have to work harder on building up new market to succeed wherever
      you would chose to go next.



      fastreplies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zeusforge
    What's your main goal? What's your main purpose for having the site? If your main purpose is, in the end, to deliver to a product or service that can only be used in India then why would you do that?

    I'm not really sure what platform or SEO (if you're using one) you're working with. Even if your rank was number 1 in India and you're pitching 'how to take photos of a California sunset' then your rank in India is literally meaningless. Rank 1 in India while ranking 9823890234298 in the United States doesn't even make sense.

    Eve if you dropped to rank 5 billion and you were rank 5,000,000 in the U.S. it's better than prioritizing your rank for India over the U.S.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    May i know the reason why the thread opener suddenly changed his target to US because India has already have good traffic. Unless it will be a different page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11544860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seekaid
    You will lose ranking in India
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jualpilbiruasli
    how do you find 98% of these visits?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webcontent
      Originally Posted by jualpilbiruasli View Post

      how do you find 98% of these visits?
      What is meant by how? Through organic traffic, social media etc.. at least this is what Google Analytics and Alexa say. You may have a look at alexa dot com/ siteinfo/ thoughtfulminds
      Signature

      Working at Thoughtfulminds offering content writing services and Wordpress Website Development to help small, medium and large enterprises mark their presence.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    If you change your country then surely you will loose rank.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    If 98% of your traffic is From India and it is qualified meaning people are interested in reading your content then a change will hinder your rankings because then you will end up with unqualified traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webcontent
      Here I don't agree, because please understand when you say... people are interested in reading your content, I say, its because right now site is visible in India and when it will be in USA then people there might be interested. It's vice versa.... if you are visible, you will get prospects engaged if you're not you won't. Let's see!
      Signature

      Working at Thoughtfulminds offering content writing services and Wordpress Website Development to help small, medium and large enterprises mark their presence.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545344].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        What I was pointing to is this: the competition might be more intense in the US, which means that, if you are #1 in India, you might be # 9 in the US, or 33.
        In other words, yoy will get a lot less traffic without additional SEO.

        Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

        Here I don't agree, because please understand when you say... people are interested in reading your content, I say, its because right now site is visible in India and when it will be in USA then people there might be interested. It's vice versa.... if you are visible, you will get prospects engaged if you're not you won't. Let's see!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545347].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author webcontent
          yes, here you are right and that's why I wanted to know if I should take this risk or not and that was th reason of starting this thread. I guess I need to switch back to India, as organic traffic is getting less day by day.
          Signature

          Working at Thoughtfulminds offering content writing services and Wordpress Website Development to help small, medium and large enterprises mark their presence.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    In a way it will affect your traffic in India, because all your effort will be on US. unless of course, you hire another person to target the US market as you continue working on the India market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joy Imtian Masum
    This is not a good idea and your website will loss visitors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545983].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics