How will SEO change in 2020?

15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
With paid ads taking up more real estate and zero-click searches being used increasingly by Google, it seems like it's getting harder to rank and get clicks organically.

One suggestion I came across on how to approach SEO in 2020 is to go omni-channel (i.e. be on multiple channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Podcasts, etc). And part of this strategy is to repurpose content so that you can distribute across all of these platforms.

E.g. Take a video and turn it into audio files for podcasts. Then create blogposts from these podcasts.

Besides this suggestion, what other SEO strategies do you think would work in 2020?
#2020 #change #seo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Hold your horses. Just let 2019 finish first.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11554764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zaphine
    I think verbal search will emphasize more long-tail searches. Google My Business is getting even more important for local search so we'll see mass adoption and hopefully some crackdown on spammy sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11554875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by HazelWong22 View Post

    One suggestion I came across on how to approach SEO in 2020 is to go omni-channel (i.e. be on multiple channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Podcasts, etc). And part of this strategy is to repurpose content so that you can distribute across all of these platforms.
    E.g. Take a video and turn it into audio files for podcasts. Then create blogposts from these podcasts.
    Why wouldn't you just do that anyway? Better than pointless speculation about what might happen next year.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11554878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moritz Bauer
    I think that the quality of the backlinks is becoming more and more important, so not the quantity of the links, but the quality.
    One should consider here:
    • Anchor Text
    • In-Depth Link
    • High DA
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11554984].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Moritz Bauer View Post

      I think that the quality of the backlinks is becoming more and more important, so not the quantity of the links, but the quality.
      One should consider here:
      • Anchor Text
      • In-Depth Link
      • High DA
      Quality of the links has always been important. That's not new.

      And DA has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a link.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555021].message }}
      • Quality links are Always Important. Always create do follow Link Building in SEO.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by HazelWong22 View Post

    With paid ads taking up more real estate and zero-click searches being used increasingly by Google, it seems like it's getting harder to rank and get clicks organically.

    One suggestion I came across on how to approach SEO in 2020 is to go omni-channel (i.e. be on multiple channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Podcasts, etc). And part of this strategy is to repurpose content so that you can distribute across all of these platforms.

    E.g. Take a video and turn it into audio files for podcasts. Then create blogposts from these podcasts.

    Besides this suggestion, what other SEO strategies do you think would work in 2020?

    Omni-channel marketing is not an SEO approach. SEO would be a part of an omni-channel marketing approach.

    It's nothing new. Just more BS from gurus trying to invent words to act like they know something nobody else knows.

    Can't beleive people are acting like using multiple channels for advertising and marketing is some unique and new idea.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    OP is just promoting the omni channel which has nothing to do with SEO and like the other members stated there is nothing new about the OP's thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555117].message }}
  • I think Content creation and blog writing are a more effective way to increase SEO in 2020, In my personal opinion google my business is more important for local searches add more posts in google my business is helping the ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mudassar450
    Death of SEO means the Death of Google & other search engines that seems to be not possible. Technologies emerge but do not die. So it is possible that we will see new SEO techniques with the advent of the latest Google Updates in the future but there always remain the need for SEO. So update yourself with the latest SEO trends and techniques and you will remain IN in the whole SEO game
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikest4u
    In My Opinion SEO would not change a lot in 2020 and basic principles remains the same.. While some new approaches like optimizing websites against Voice search, using unique and fresh content, optimize website speed can improve your website performance among leading search engines...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outreachpanda
    Voice Search pal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James179
    As Google Algorithm brings a challenge for all SEO Expert it's the best time to check the best SEO Skills. As the current update came into existence the trends of SEO in 2019, The SEO in 2020 is completely going to change. Lots of New Techniques you have to follow like

    1. SHOW YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE IN GOOGLE SSERP | SPECIALLY THE COMING TRENDS OF SPEAKING
    2. SPEED UP YOUR WEBSITE BY HOSTING HTML FILES FROM CDN OR HTML/ 3

    and many more soon I am going to post this topic in Detail. As my purpose of joining this platform to share as much as content possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11555999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Subho D
    Online Competitions are increasing day by day. It's time to think about your content marketing strategy to improve your SEO. You must know what SEO trends are important in 2020 so that you can update your online business accordingly. Here's what you should know for 2020.

    • Optimize your website with voice search.
    • Mobile UX Will Define Your Rankings.
    • Improve your page load speed.
    • Optimize Content for Semantic Search and Search Intent.
    • CTR and Dwell time will matter even more to the success of your SEO efforts.
    • Write high-quality optimize content.
    • Learn how AI is using in Google Search.
    • Use various Channels for Marketing.

    Implementing these aspects of SEO on your website you will get a huge change in your business. Learn all of these properly and you will get more trends. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11556318].message }}
  • The mantra of 2020 Quality over Quantity. Which means it does not matter how many backlinks you are going to do in a day. it is all about how quality is that.
    • Guest post
    • Infographic
    • WEB 2.0

    Currently, This is the strategy I am using for Knockdigital, and learningdude
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11556410].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics