Is it possible to bring a penalized site back with Google ads?

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
One of my known's website was doing well and then suddenly it was away from the SERP's. Even it was not visible with the name of the site and only 1 contact us page was visible. I guess it was penalized and something wrong happened. As a suggestion, Google ads started and to everyone's surprise, the homepage and other sitelinks emerged. Question is- is it just the Google ads or due to other reasons as we tried to take away videos from homepage and making other changes.
#ads #back #bring #google #penalized #site
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    It's due to other reasons. Advertising on Google won't help your organic rankings.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

    Question is- is it just the Google ads or due to other reasons as we tried to take away videos from homepage and making other changes.

    Its more likely whatever else you did. Google makes several changes to their algorithm per year and announce very few of them. Just because your site fell doesn't mean it was penalized. You also need to do a deep audit of your site and its pages. Often its something wrong with the site or its pages that causes some but not all pages to not show up in results.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

    One of my known's website was doing well and then suddenly it was away from the SERP's. Even it was not visible with the name of the site and only 1 contact us page was visible. I guess it was penalized and something wrong happened. As a suggestion, Google ads started and to everyone's surprise, the homepage and other sitelinks emerged. Question is- is it just the Google ads or due to other reasons as we tried to take away videos from homepage and making other changes.
    In addition to what Mike said above, sometimes it is just a temporary result when new updates rollout. As the update fully rolls out (or often times parts of it get rolled back), sites bounce back to right where they were before.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webcontent
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      In addition to what Mike said above, sometimes it is just a temporary result when new updates rollout. As the update fully rolls out (or often times parts of it get rolled back), sites bounce back to right where they were before.
      I see! but then why just contact us page was in the search term? And after ads are on.. homepage emerged with sitelinks.
      Signature
      Thoughtful Minds - All about SEO, Digital Marketing and Content
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anyone
    Yes it is possible to bring it back.
    Just use their webmaster tools to see what the reason is, like DMCA or malware etc and then you should resubmit each of the pages for a review, which takes a while but it might succeed eventually.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by anyone View Post

      Yes it is possible to bring it back.
      Just use their webmaster tools to see what the reason is, like DMCA or malware etc and then you should resubmit each of the pages for a review, which takes a while but it might succeed eventually.
      Most ranking drops are not caused by something you will find in Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools).
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vannawishum
    Yes possible and this is very easy. Use helpful seo tools like Semrush, Majestic and see which link you made previously for the site and which links made the harm. Now to to google webmaster and disavow those harmful backlink and get your site rank again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warddaniel402
    Yes,,,,,possible.......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11565351].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics