Search Engine "Friendly" links.

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey SEO guys and gals.

I'm preparing an article to be posted on someone else's site. The intention of the links is clicks not backlinks. The site's requirements state "search engine friendly" links.

So, would the following example be considered SEF?

username.clickfunnels.com/sales

Thanks!
#engine #friendly #links #search
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    No. I think what they are talking about is the anchor text. You don't want to put a raw URL as the anchor text of the link. Instead, if you were linking to the product page for an Acme purple wrench, the link should be something like "Acme Purple Wrench" or "Buy Your Acme Purple Wrench" and NOT "website.com/products/acme-purple-wrench"

    Pretty strange wording of the request; I admit, I have never heard anyone use the phrase "search engine friendly link" before.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Who cares about urls being search engine friendly??!!


    You should be focusing on making urls user friendly. Because at the end of the day its the users you clicks and gets you conversions.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    The other really strange part about this question is that it contradicts itself. On one hand, you are saying that the intention IS NOT backlinks but on the other, they want them to be "search engine friendly" (whatever that really means).

    If they really don't care about "backlinks" (again, whatever that means - the link, itself, is always going to be a backlink, assuming you are linking to another website) and just want clicks, they should all be something like "Click Here NOW".
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      The other really strange part about this question is that it contradicts itself. On one hand, you are saying that the intention IS NOT backlinks but on the other, they want them to be "search engine friendly" (whatever that really means).

      If they really don't care about "backlinks" (again, whatever that means - the link, itself, is always going to be a backlink, assuming you are linking to another website) and just want clicks, they should all be something like "Click Here NOW".
      This is taken from the site:

      You can include search engine friendly links to your website.
      A lot of the other articles have raw links (no anchor text).

      The intention is clicks for me, I don't care about their backlinks.

      I think their main concern is links that are not "Unfriendly" to SEs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Subho D
    SEO friendly URL is really an important aspect to get proper ranking. You should use your keyword in your slug. It will help to boost your ranking. Suppose you are writing a page on content marketing trends. link deleted by mod
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RuskinF
    The URL is always designed to be easily understood by the search engine.
    I suggest you use the proper anchor texts to denote your URL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    UPDATE:

    The example link must be "search engine friendly" because the article containing it was just published!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      So, what did your link do, say, Hello and Thank you before opening your page? Did it say, Pretty please and with sugar on top?


      C'mon, man, I want to know what a friendly link is. Share (please and thank you and pretty please and with sugar on top)!



      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      UPDATE:

      The example link must be "search engine friendly" because the article containing it was just published!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        So, what did your link do, say, Hello and Thank you before opening your page? Did it say, Pretty please and with sugar on top?


        C'mon, man, I want to know what a friendly link is. Share (please and thank you and pretty please and with sugar on top)!
        It says, "Gimme your money please!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11577833].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics