Why do long-tail keywords seem to be easier to SEO?

29 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Focus on short keywords only, which are very time consuming and money consuming. Like: "online casino", "online slots", .... The risk is huge. Before I did and now I will still do it, that is, with a new website, visitors are the key factor. A new website, the main keywords (short keywords) will not be top immediately, so you must focus on longtail keywords. Longtail keywords are easy to top, but the important thing is that the longtail keyword must not be synonymous with the main keyword (because if it is synonymous, how can we compete with a competitor). With the small initial visitors, you will know what to do with the web to:
• Optimizing the time visitors stay on the web: ie increasing the time on site, if you want to increase the on-site time, the first website must be beautiful, the content written about longtail keywords must be good, ...
• Through these initial visitors, you will know what your site needs to keep, what to throw away. Simply because at the beginning of making the web, you will follow the feelings (from things like widgets, menus, logos, ...), when you have statistics, you will set yourself as an information searcher, now the web Your settings will be "optimized" for users like never before.
#easier #keywords #longtail #seo
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    You never said why long-tail keywords seem to be easier to SEO.


    So, I'll add that: because they are as there are fewer people competing for them, in general.


    Originally Posted by Casinotutor View Post

    Focus on short keywords only, which are very time consuming and money consuming. Like: "online casino", "online slots", .... The risk is huge. Before I did and now I will still do it, that is, with a new website, visitors are the key factor. A new website, the main keywords (short keywords) will not be top immediately, so you must focus on longtail keywords. Longtail keywords are easy to top, but the important thing is that the longtail keyword must not be synonymous with the main keyword (because if it is synonymous, how can we compete with a competitor). With the small initial visitors, you will know what to do with the web to:
    • Optimizing the time visitors stay on the web: ie increasing the time on site, if you want to increase the on-site time, the first website must be beautiful, the content written about longtail keywords must be good, ...
    • Through these initial visitors, you will know what your site needs to keep, what to throw away. Simply because at the beginning of making the web, you will follow the feelings (from things like widgets, menus, logos, ...), when you have statistics, you will set yourself as an information searcher, now the web Your settings will be "optimized" for users like never before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BluesPlayer
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post


      So, I'll add that: because they are as there are fewer people competing for them, in general.
      I would add that it depends on the vertical/niche. I did an extensive search for long tails in the weight toss and also the bodybuilding niche and I found that many people were competing for even the low-volume, long tail keywords.
      Signature

      "All marketers are liars" - Seth Godin
      "Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the 'gotta have it' scale" - Zig Ziglar

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dilawer
    You don't even make any sense. Where do you even talk about long-tail keywords?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravikumarfront
    Focus on long-tail keywords, because this strategy offers lots of benefits. It is much easier to rank for them because they are highly specific to your niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621637].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      No. It is easier to rank for them because there are fewer competitors.

      Ab machines
      is just as specific to getting great abs as
      Abdominal fitness machines.

      Or

      Abdominal fitness machine exercises for great abs.

      But there are more people fighting to be at the top for ab nachibes than for the other two.

      Originally Posted by ravikumarfront View Post

      Focus on long-tail keywords, because this strategy offers lots of benefits. It is much easier to rank for them because they are highly specific to your niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    Simply put, long-tail keywords better define subject while
    letting Algo to use wider spectrum to determine what is relation
    between what you are looking for and what is available in index.



    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TSultan
    Because long-tail keywords are so amazingly specific, the people that search for them are highly likely to purchase your products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Techcloud
    Can anyone explain to me the major differences between short and long-tail keyword? How do these keywords help for the SERP position?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casinotutor
    Many thank for all of your feedback and comments!
    Can you tell me how many words of your long-tail keywords you often target in your SEO strategy? 3,4,5,6, or more?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Techcloud
      As for me, it depends on your topic but3+ words are moderate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Casinotutor View Post

      Many thank for all of your feedback and comments!
      Can you tell me how many words of your long-tail keywords you often target in your SEO strategy? 3,4,5,6, or more?
      4.6785

      Anything more than 4.6785 is overkill.
      Signature
      Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
      Delivered to you each week!

      >>> Sign Up Now <<<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622978].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Nah! There's profits in the 4.6785 to 4.7123! Cross my heart and all that.



        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        4.6785

        Anything more than 4.6785 is overkill.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622987].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SalimSheikh
        It must be at least 3 words long, you can pick up 4, 5 words longs also
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623692].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Casinotutor
        What did you mean? Are you kidding me?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SalimSheikh
    It is much easier to rank for long-tail keywords than for more common keywords because fewer websites compete for high rankings in the result pages of Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622928].message }}
  • Long-tail keyword increase's your site searches rate. it searches high and uses many users to search anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rahulyadav790
    It is much easier to rank for long-tail keywords than for more common keywords because fewer websites compete for high rankings in the result pages of Google. The longer (and more specific) search terms are, the easier it is to rank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amirsohel12
    it's easy because it is searched my small number of peoples.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SalimSheikh
      Please elaborate!!
      Can you explain it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Subho D
    Long-tail keywords are more specific than short keywords. So you will get higher conversion rate as they are specific. It will also help to generate more organic traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author likemike
    Longtail keyword SEO can be very beneficial and can be less expensive and less time consuming than targeting domain names that are shorter. It's really that simple but the story doesn't end here. It takes longer to build up traffic this way so if you're budget is small it's a way you can build up website traffic over time.

    Consider this example. Mortgage.com is a premium domain name. The word mortgage is searched hundreds of thousands of times at least every day. The words mortgage rates are searched a lot less. In brief, mortgagerates -- all one word-- would be an example of a longer longtail keyword. The words mortgageratesnow would be an example of an even longer longtail keyword domain.

    Now, consider this: With changes to Googles algorithms it ranks exact name keyword domain names lower than other names with more inbound links and other high ranking qualities, including social networks. This is all part of the growing and ever changing business of search engine optimization.
    Signature
    https://WhereHouse.com Premium e-commerce domains
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    Sure, most longtail keywords are unique and so they have ahigher chance of helping you achieve your objectives.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11625857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mathan k
    Two things, one is Less competition and second one is easy conversion because these queries are being specific
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casinotutor
    When social media marketing channels began to have a great influence on SEO, the use of long-tail keywords showed more specificity and direct queries from customers' search demand, because these keywords can look like a question from anyone on social media.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aileen Joy
    it is because only few people look for specific ones. very people do searching by writing those.. However there is pros and cons of these. Either you get specific traffic or you will not get it. You need to come with unique niches .. Can work in this area
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koolstories
    long tail keywords are easier to use for writers since they are more grammatically correct and are massively used by people to search for a particular topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11627000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rifekhan480
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11627176].message }}

Trending Topics