How to reduce or totally remove spam score of a website?

10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey folks,
Hope you all are doing well.
Let me know, how to reduce spam score or can we totally remove spam score to 0 of a website?
We all SEO professionals already knew that that website whose spam score is high isn't ranking well in the search engine. Bcoz spamming is not the right solution for ranking any website on the search engine organically.
Tell me what steps we can take to reduce the spam score from our website and what are the different ways you can suggest.
Hope I will get the right solution here?
Thanks and regards.
#reduce #remove #score #spam #totally #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    All us professionals don't know that "website whose spam score is high isn't ranking well in the search engine" because some of us have pages ranking high even though the website they're on has a high spam score.


    Spam score is one of the way MOZ makes money. Has little to do with anything.


    I am guessing you did not bother to look at how they determine the spam scores they give.


    You should look into it.


    Did you know that amazon.com is likely spammy, as per one of MOZ's spam factors? So yes yelp.com. Short domain names are likely spammy, the rule says.


    Originally Posted by benthomas642 View Post

    Hey folks,
    Hope you all are doing well.
    Let me know, how to reduce spam score or can we totally remove spam score to 0 of a website?
    We all SEO professionals already knew that that website whose spam score is high isn't ranking well in the search engine. Bcoz spamming is not the right solution for ranking any website on the search engine organically.
    Tell me what steps we can take to reduce the spam score from our website and what are the different ways you can suggest.
    Hope I will get the right solution here?
    Thanks and regards.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      I am guessing you did not bother to look at how they determine the spam scores they give?
      LOL, I wonder how Moz is ranking itself compare to amazon and yelp?



      fastreplies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621713].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        I put moz.com in MOZ.com's seo tool and, I'll be a monkey's ass if it did not say mo's spam score is 3%. not 1% (Seems 1% is the best you can hope: youtube.com and cnn.com and google.com get 1%.


        If Google.com comes up as being spammy at all... does that mean the moz spam score is flawed? Or maybe their definition of spam is different than mine?



        Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

        LOL, I wonder how Moz is ranking itself compare to amazon and yelp?



        fastreplies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author expmrb
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      All us professionals don't know that "website whose spam score is high isn't ranking well in the search engine" because some of us have pages ranking high even though the website they're on has a high spam score.


      Spam score is one of the way MOZ makes money. Has little to do with anything.


      I am guessing you did not bother to look at how they determine the spam scores they give.


      You should look into it.


      Did you know that amazon.com is likely spammy, as per one of MOZ's spam factors? So yes yelp.com. Short domain names are likely spammy, the rule says.

      It's not just MOZ. Many provides 'spam score' or 'safe score'.


      But!!!!!


      Couldn't care less about them.
      Signature
      SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
      Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Urmeeseoexpert
    We have to completely avoid making links for your website which are poor in quality.
    Some people make many links in only one day, it is also very wrong to do this because spam rates also increase in this way.
    If we want to reduce the spam score of our blog or website, then we will have to find low quality and spammy links that are linked to your site and should be disawoved by creating a list of such links.
    When you remove such bad backlinks from your blog or website, Moz algorithm will redefine the blog score by reducing the new spam score according to the quality of the link repeatedly the blog or website scans again. You must have completely removed the low-quality links from your domain.
    It's a free and best tool developed by Moz so you can analysis and check the spam score of your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11621939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smashcreate
    Spam score can be reduced if we remove such bad links that are linked to your website. So the lower quality links will have been removed from your domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Enamulhaque2
    They best to reduce spam score for your website is by putting fresh content on your website and disavow(to know more How to Use Google's Disavow Tool Correctly ) the bad or irrelevant links from your website. After removing bad links try to get quality links for your website. which will help to reduce your spam score.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by Enamulhaque2 View Post

      They best to reduce spam score for your website is by putting fresh content on your website and disavow(to know more How to Use Google's Disavow Tool Correctly ) the bad or irrelevant links from your website. After removing bad links try to get quality links for your website. which will help to reduce your spam score.
      Can you please explain WTF content and using Google's disavow tool has to do with Moz's Spam Score?
      Do you even know what the spam score is and how it is calculated?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon
    Fresh content and updated facts is all you need to reduce spam. But i am not sure whether you can eliminate it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11625858].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics