SEO AND SERP RANKING ISSUE

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello everybody
I have a website (link not permitted) and it is a local car wash business in Toronto, Canada. I've been doing SEO for this website for about 2 year now.
It is ranked for many car wash related keywords on the first page of Google for different regions close to Toronto but for my main keyword which is "car detailing toronto"( it was number 3 to 5) and now the ranking started decreasing and now it is on page 2 number 15.
Same thing with "car detailing north york" it was top of first page and now its almost number 10 or 11.

I'd like to know what is the specific cause and solution to this issue as I tried analyzing it with multiple SEO tools and nothing seems to be the issue.
I have access to SEMRUSh, Ahrefs,MOZ and almost all of the SEO tools.

Please kindly Reply if you know the solution. (edit by mod)

Thank you
#issue #ranking #seo #serp
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    If you're still ranking for the other keywords, most likely cause: your competitors. Those dunderheads have started to do SEO.


    Originally Posted by TORONTO CANADA View Post

    Hello everybody
    I have a website (link not permitted) and it is a local car wash business in Toronto, Canada. I've been doing SEO for this website for about 2 year now.
    It is ranked for many car wash related keywords on the first page of Google for different regions close to Toronto but for my main keyword which is "car detailing toronto"( it was number 3 to 5) and now the ranking started decreasing and now it is on page 2 number 15.
    Same thing with "car detailing north york" it was top of first page and now its almost number 10 or 11.

    I'd like to know what is the specific cause and solution to this issue as I tried analyzing it with multiple SEO tools and nothing seems to be the issue.
    I have access to SEMRUSh, Ahrefs,MOZ and almost all of the SEO tools.

    Please kindly Reply if you know the solution. (edit by mod)

    Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TORONTO CANADA
    They already been doing SEO before we start our SEO but with all that our website was ranked on first page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Of course. But now a few of them are doing more or better SEO or there are some new guys who're better than the others.


      Originally Posted by TORONTO CANADA View Post

      They already been doing SEO before we start our SEO but with all that our website was ranked on first page.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Thinkfast
      Originally Posted by TORONTO CANADA View Post

      They already been doing SEO before we start our SEO but with all that our website was ranked on first page.
      There can be many reasons we can not say without see your website.

      You should analyze your website again for keywords on which you are decreasing position day by day.

      May be your website have not enough contents related to those keywords.
      May be your website contents are not appropriate in eyes of SEs than your competitors.

      Also agree with @DABK your competitors analyze your website and now he know that how you are ranking well than his website and now he is taking more better ways to beat you.

      In case of Ranking as i know .... Google or other SEs do not decrease your ranking (If you are not doing any mistake) ..... They only improve ranking of those websites who is doing well day by day.

      If you are unable to detect issues then you should take help of any professional that what is going on ...... You can analyze also your competitors website who is ranking more better than you that what he is doing to rank well ........ and start work on your site accordingly.
      Signature
      High DA Link Building Services Packages | Theme Related One Way Links Package
      High Quality SEO Link Building Services & Best ROI or Money Back with us.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tulsiramonline
    If everything is well done then compares the website with the top of the SERPs page and your website and find problems.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author deu12000
      Originally Posted by tulsiramonline View Post

      If everything is well done then compares the website with the top of the SERPs page and your website and find problems.

      Basically this. You have to research your competitors. You can't just go on how great your website is. You have to see how great your competitors are and beat them at every aspect.


      They have more reviews? They have better social media presence? They have better content or more content? They have pages specifically optimized for your keywords? Do they post consistently to their GMB?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628106].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
        Originally Posted by deu12000 View Post

        Basically this. You have to research your competitors. You can't just go on how great your website is. You have to see how great your competitors are and beat them at every aspect.

        They have more reviews? They have better social media presence? They have better content or more content? They have pages specifically optimized for your keywords? Do they post consistently to their GMB?
        Yah right, in your dreams.
        You're forgetting that there is "invisible man" inside of Algo who has been told by G.
        programmers to ignore SEMRUSh, Ahrefs, MOZ and almost all of the SEO tools
        and people who are using them to make sure G. is having the last word who is in
        top spot on page #1 and not some SEO Pros that trying to screw G's godly powers.



        fastreplies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weFF
    Having same issue since last night. One page totally disappeared from search engines....

    In my case page completely disappeared from google and looks like reindexing doest solve problems
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11626640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    Originally Posted by TORONTO CANADA View Post

    I'd like to know what is the specific cause and solution to this issue as I tried analyzing it with multiple SEO tools and nothing seems to be the issue
    There is NO specific cause and even more so, there is no definite answer or
    solution to this issue because there is only one entity knows what is going on.

    How do I know?
    Well, I can promise you if there was, our Directory would be back to where it
    use to be placed sometimes ago by G.to our collective surprise, and now no
    matter what we've tried to do it wouldn't come up better than in page 2 or 3.



    Do I need to say any more?



    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628083].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by TORONTO CANADA

      I'd like to know what is the specific cause and solution to this issue as I tried analyzing it with multiple SEO tools and nothing seems to be the issue

      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

      There is NO specific cause and even more so, there is no definite answer or
      solution to this issue because there is only one entity knows what is going on.

      How do I know?
      Well, I can promise you if there was, our Directory would be back to where it
      use to be placed sometimes ago by G.to our collective surprise, and now no
      matter what we've tried to do it wouldn't come up better than in page 2 or 3.



      Do I need to say any more?



      fastreplies
      Your website is "not" optimized for the Google SERPs.
      Signature
      In the minute it took me to write this post.. someone died of Covid 19. RIP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    You are competing with many others so they may be a step or two ahead of you.

    Maybe try adding more content that will be useful for your visitors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leadsbylordi
    If you're submitting on high authority websites then surely you'll get instant result and your website would rank well in SERP.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Surely you jest.


      You never get an instant result... Google does not crawl the pages you get your links from the instant you publish.


      And getting quality backlinks does not guaranty rankings... You're missing the fact that competitors exists and some of them are also getting quality backlinks. If 50 of them, for instance, get better or more than you, you end up on page 6; if 90 of them do so, you end up on page 10.



      Originally Posted by leadsbylordi View Post

      If you're submitting on high authority websites then surely you'll get instant result and your website would rank well in SERP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11628615].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics