[Feedback Wanted] Google Data Studio Template

6 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Looking for feedback on a new GDS template I'm creating.

https://datastudio.google.com/s/pCDKl5a1sBE

Right now it is just hooked up to Google's sample data. None of that data is for a real site.

And ignore the Google Ads page. The page works if you hook it up to a real Google Ads account. I'm not sure why it is not working with the sample data. If you are familiar with Google Data Studio, you can grab it and hook up your own data to see.

If you do grab it and use it, just know that for the Search Performance area to work correctly, you need to hook up both the URL and Site versions of Google Search Console as data sources.

What else would you find useful in a report like this either for yourself or for clients?

There are some layout issues with some of the headers in columns or data getting cutoff. That will be fixed before I finish it. Right now I'm just interested in feedback on anything that might be missing to make this template useful for you.

Thanks.
#data #feedback #google #studio #template
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    Looks good. Is there any way to incorporate "trending" search queries? So it highlights growing pages/queries in some way.

    Haven't messed around with DS myself so I really don't know what can be done and what can't, but anything that can point out areas for improvement would be helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11629864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post

      Looks good. Is there any way to incorporate "trending" search queries? So it highlights growing pages/queries in some way.

      Haven't messed around with DS myself so I really don't know what can be done and what can't, but anything that can point out areas for improvement would be helpful.
      It's pulling data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads right now.

      If that is hidden in one of those in a way I'm not familiar with, then yes it could be done.

      You can also set up a Google Sheet and have data pulled from there. So if you downloaded trending keywords from another source and put them into a Google Sheet, you could do that. You would have to periodically update the Sheet manually to make it work.

      That sounds a bit more like a keyword research tool, and I'm not sure it would do anything better than what tools like SEMrush are already doing.

      To be honest, I'm trying to stay away from highlighting search terms too much in this dashboard. I try to keep clients from focusing on those. Emphasis is on conversions and sales. It's part of the reason I did not integrate SEMrush's rank tracker on here even though I could have.

      Thank you for the feedback and taking a look. I appreciate it.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11629908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravikumarfront
    Looks Great!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11629913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Looks good. If I were your client, I'd want to see my top performing pages in the Quick Overview. How many clients like me do you have?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11629988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      Looks good. If I were your client, I'd want to see my top performing pages in the Quick Overview. How many clients like me do you have?
      I get that, but I guess my response to that would be what are a top-performing pages? Is it the ones that get the most search traffic? The ones that get the most conversions?

      Both of those have their own sections, so I feel it would be redundant to put them here.

      The Quick Overview page is largely just to give some very basic data on the site as a whole.

      Thank you for the feedback. I will think about it a little more.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11630180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        For me it would be traffic... To see quickly what my marketing dollar is doing for me. If I increase ad spend, is there a traffic increase... so the trend over the last couple of weeks.


        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        I get that, but I guess my response to that would be what are a top-performing pages? Is it the ones that get the most search traffic? The ones that get the most conversions?

        Both of those have their own sections, so I feel it would be redundant to put them here.

        The Quick Overview page is largely just to give some very basic data on the site as a whole.

        Thank you for the feedback. I will think about it a little more.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11630382].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics