SEOs are in demand. There had been a 10% increase in search demand for keywords related to SEO jobs by November last year when compared to 12 months before. Search specialists can drive growth in the digital marketplace, but marketing is increasingly less segmented and very much a team game in 2021. It's worth considering everything from communication and soft skills to project management abilities when you're sourcing help in this area. So, what type of SEO does your organization need, and how will they make an impact and increase your success?
- Increasing content visibility leading.
- Higher ranking search results.
- Driving conversion click-through rates.
- Long-term, your brand's content will have the opportunity to continuously rank on SERPs.
Who Should do the Interviewing?
It can provide huge benefits when you involve multiple employees in the recruitment of an SEO specialist. Doing so ensures alignment across cross-functional teams but it also offers candidates opportunities to understand who they'll be working with. Different teams will have various questions:
Core Marketing Team
- Will this person work well within the greater marketing organization?
- Will they be able to contribute to hitting the metrics that marketing has in place?
Your content/copy teams
- How will this person effectively partner with content stakeholders?
- How will they bring SEO best practices into our content creation process?
Your Technical Teams
- Understanding the partnership between web development and UI/UX functions in relation to web optimization.
- By meeting with technical teams, your candidate has the opportunity to determine the most effective way to build a successful relationship.
- Depending on the level of SEO you're looking to hire, consider some of these SEO interview questions during your candidate's interview process.
Consider What Your Enterprise SEO Expert Wil Need - and Determine Targets
- What necessary resources and tech stacks will they need?
- Who should your SEO specialist be introduced to?
It's important to set a realistic timescale for success measurement, so determine precisely what that will be. What will your SEO specialist be expected to accomplish in the first 90, 180, and 360 days? What will their growth trajectory look like in 2+ years?