9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Lately, I decided to get back PPC Adwords and things have changed quite a bit. I decided to use a old campaign I used last year and noticed with 20 minutes I would get slapped. I mean I would start off at .05 a click and noticed most keywords I was bidding on was a quality score of 6 or higher. Then the slap starts I would refresh and within minutes my clicks would jump to $10.00 and quality score would be 1.

After reviewing the Google Policies I noticed the term "Bridge" page. Which most of my competition has sites similar to mine. Now, I did notice 2 things I tried doing a Wordpress page and have contact,sitemap,about us, privacy policy and also add articles to improve quality score.

The one thing I noticed different was I still had my Clickbank hop links with sub id on them instead of using my normal prosper202 redirect. I also have some duplicate articles I used from Ezine I wrote doing some bum marketing to point to that page.

The only way I think I maybe getting slapped is the Clickbank links and not using another type of php redirect. Does Google look for these links to slap as a bridge page? I am just wondering. Or could it be the duplicate content? I hate to redesign this whole thing with new content and change my links to find out it is still considered a "bridge page".

I really would like to get a campaign going again. Any suggestions or recommendations? I don't want to get the account banned for getting slapped too many times.
#adwords #ppc #question
  • Profile picture of the author Sancho Sanches
    Originally Posted by Shane Hale View Post

    After reviewing the Google Policies I noticed the term "Bridge" page. Which most of my competition has sites similar to mine.
    I haven't seen your site so I'm limited to what I can say but that's probably your problem.

    Now, I did notice 2 things I tried doing a Wordpress page and have contact,sitemap,about us, privacy policy and also add articles to improve quality score.
    That's not going to help much if you aren't unique and offer something of value.

    If you don't differentiate yourself and just look like a "me too" type of person there's not much reason for Google to have you there.
    Signature
    * New Affiliate Black Book Coming Soon *
    http://www.affiliateblackbook.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416746].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane Hale
      Well the content is original and I am offering a review site of several products. I have actually bought and tried.

      I am sorry I don't like to put my sites for everyone to view. It is a review site for several types of software. The only difference I am seeing is my affiliate clickbank hop links are on the page and most of the competitors have a redirect php link of some sort on their page.

      Does Google slap for sites with hop links on the landing page?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416756].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sancho Sanches
        Originally Posted by Shane Hale View Post


        Does Google slap for sites with hop links on the landing page?
        Not to my knowledge, but I would cloak them anyway.
        Signature
        * New Affiliate Black Book Coming Soon *
        http://www.affiliateblackbook.com/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1428452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    no google does not slap sites for hoplinks, if you want i can tell you whats wrong if you want but unless i can see it then i can help, guess games i am hopless at. please pm if you do not want to post them up

    if you have any poor ratings delete them now, you can not fix those so do not bother
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane Hale
      Originally Posted by tryinhere View Post

      no google does not slap sites for hoplinks, if you want i can tell you whats wrong if you want but unless i can see it then i can help, guess games i am hopless at. please pm if you do not want to post them up

      if you have any poor ratings delete them now, you can not fix those so do not bother
      I sent you a PM! Thanks for your help!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Shane i can not reply back to your pm as its blocked ? can you pm me your email address please

    Pete
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Shane, as an overview, the site needs a lot more content, you have no contact us page , no about us page,In addition a resources page, faq, blog / blog feed and articles would also help your cause.

    also try bringing people in on a topic specific page over and above the review style page for example have a full blown article about one procuct and bring them in on that then push them to the front review page / product from there.

    pm an email address and i can send you a site of mine to look at
    Pete
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1417064].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FrankBowman
      Originally Posted by tryinhere View Post

      Shane, as an overview, the site needs a lot more content, you have no contact us page , no about us page,In addition a resources page, faq, blog / blog feed and articles would also help your cause.

      also try bringing people in on a topic specific page over and above the review style page for example have a full blown article about one procuct and bring them in on that then push them to the front review page / product from there.

      pm an email address and i can send you a site of mine to look at
      Pete
      So if understand you correctly, a simple landing page or sales page no longer works well with google.

      Peace

      I hardly use google anymore myself, I have had plenty of success with yahoo and msn recently.

      PS if you look at the Adwords home account setup page you'll see a sales pitch that reads, ......

      "Want help getting started with AdWords for your medium or
      large-sized business?
      Contact our sales team."


      Seem like the big G is ready to cut the liitle guys (Internet marketer, affiliate) heads off
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1429602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indexphp
    Google + Thin Affiliate Site = Low Quality Score
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1418011].message }}

Trending Topics