Google Bans 1000's of Adwords Customers for Life in 1 x week !!

48 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Warrior Team and Warrior Members,

Well it seems we have a a huge problem and I want to open a thread here for all members and the Warrior Members....

I need your feedback on the potential loss of income and time building Squeeze Pages and Landing Page Sites, only to be black listed for life by Google......

Can your team address this problem for all of us....

For me personally I was hoping to build squeeze pages and landing pages, to build my list and drive traffic towards my product offers.... Well it seems that Google is banning anyone who hopes to promote these pages using their Adwords System....

Don't get me wrong I love the Squeeze Page and Landing Page Systems and will continue to build sites with this quality software, but I will have to change my track and use other media marketing to drive traffic to the pages.... MSN, Yahoo and PPV etc

If we can have an open discussion about this right now, I think it will save a lot of Members some heartache if they were hoping to use Google to promote their pages....

This is part of the email that Google sent me this week when they banned my account for no apparent reason.... I was not even promoting Affiliate Offers which makes it even more confusing.....

They are not answering any ones emails and the Ban for life Stands.....

This is their answer to disabled accounts which will affect hundreds of websites and Members

We cannot reveal our specific filtration methods for measuring site quality or triggering account suspension. However, the unacceptable business practices and policy violations for poor-quality landing pages for which Google will disable AdWords accounts include (but are not limited to):

Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information
Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are designed for the purpose of showing ads

Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain

"Get-rich quick" sites

Malware sites that install software on a visitor's computer

Poor comparison shopping or travel sites whose primary purpose is to send users to other shopping/travel comparison sites, rather than to provide useful content or additional search functionality

As you can see you are going to have to think long and hard about what you promote and your marketing plans if any with Google.....

I would like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem and have them share their story with all of us to help educate us....

I would also like to hear from the Warrior Team on how we can address this, and if any changes need to be made, or what course of action you recommend for our future.....

Does anyone have a direct contact email for a Google representative or do you8 have any resources or information on how I can re activate my Google adwords account quickly... Each day I lose income from not be able to advertise with Google.... Any info will be welcome !!

This is the most comprehensive info I have found so far. You can read some of the experiences of other people banned here

gauherchaudhry.com/google-adwords-drops-the-axe-again

All feedback will be greatly appreciated

Thanks team
#adwords #bans #customers #google #life #week
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Champ you can do a search and find more info as this has been a hot topic. all you can do is reply to the email and ask for your account to be reviewed and re opened.
    Signature
    | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author krnekdo
      Yes i agree with the previous poster that that is the only thing you can do.. Or get a VPN ip and open another account and try again..

      I really dont use much ppc because i know how to do good seo and i rather spend a few weeks of work on 2 sites and get them on the first page of google and harvest constant results from that then pay again and again..
      Signature
      Want to build quality links? Tired of Google penalties and spammy links?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478406].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tdale
        Originally Posted by krnekdo View Post

        Yes i agree with the previous poster that that is the only thing you can do.. Or get a VPN ip and open another account and try again..

        I really dont use much ppc because i know how to do good seo and i rather spend a few weeks of work on 2 sites and get them on the first page of google and harvest constant results from that then pay again and again..
        Hi krnekdo,

        The SEO world is about to change as well. I talked about the Google ban of accounts 10 months ago. This is just the beginning.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478702].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Andrew O
          Originally Posted by Tdale View Post

          Hi krnekdo,

          The SEO world is about to change as well. I talked about the Google ban of accounts 10 months ago. This is just the beginning.
          What changes do you see in the SEO world?


          Originally Posted by Droopy Dawg View Post

          7Search offers cheap clicks and also lets you direct link to your affiliate link... so does Yahoo.
          That's true although I don't think I ever made one sale using 7Search, the clicks are cheap but man, the quality was really bad for me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1479216].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Droopy Dawg
            Originally Posted by MarketingTide View Post

            That's true although I don't think I ever made one sale using 7Search, the clicks are cheap but man, the quality was really bad for me.
            Man you're right... I just ran a $50 CPA campaign... almost 300 clicks and not 1 sign-up... I wasn't even selling anything

            You're absolutely right about the quality... maybe Yahoo would do the trick.
            Signature


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1479249].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
              You need to be very careful these days about the quality of the site (and purpose of the site) to which you are using Adwords.

              This seems to be the key:

              -----

              Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information (ie, landing pages designed to collect email addresses)

              Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are designed for the purpose of showing ads

              Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain

              -----

              There are a lot of Warriors with sites that fall into these categories. Essentially, the site needs to have unique and valuable content.

              Reading the 'tea leaves' I'd assume the same will apply for getting those sites highly ranked via SEO.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1479713].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
            Originally Posted by MarketingTide View Post

            What changes do you see in the SEO world?
            Many changes if there is and no changes if there isn't. But on his speculation I agree, not quite sure what all it will be but have an inkling by mid February we'll all know about it.
            Signature

            Owner easiery.com

            Started in 2009 now working on the above project.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1480801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Droopy Dawg
    Yes Google (Adwords) is the de facto PPC program, but there are others that folks can use.

    Yahoo Marketing is great... I also use 7search and Miva. Plenty of others, but those are the ones that I used.

    7Search offers cheap clicks and also lets you direct link to your affiliate link... so does Yahoo.

    Just offering alternatives...
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1479201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keivn2
    I wonder, how good is the Yahoo and MSN ppc?

    Is there any other good PPC alternative program out there?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1480727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
    Originally Posted by zenergy33 View Post

    Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
    Report this part of it here: DOJ/Antitrust: Reporting Antitrust Concerns

    Google is using it's domination of online advertising to force other advertisers out of business. If the DOJ gets enough complaints they'll have to investigate, even though Google execs have donated heavily to Obama and the DNC.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1480840].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zenergy33
      @ triinhere, thanks for the advice that is what I will be doing !!

      @krnekdo, can you share some more info on how and where to get a VPN Ip... Many people have said to do this but it would be great to have some specifics.... Is Host Gator a suitable choice ?

      Will they still track my Internet Hosting Provider if I operate a VPN.... Will I have to change Internet providers, is that what you are saying ?

      What about my credit card details and personal details ? Is there a step by system for setting up a new Adwords account after being banned out there anyone has used and has proof that it works ?

      @tdale, yes I have to agree with you on this, there is alot of talk about the SEO world changing very soon, which will also take with it Adsense Customers who will get banned as well....

      Talk about having the power to dictate, the position Google now have...

      Some people had spent between 3 to 5 million on Adwords over the last 5 x years and they got banned also !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1481858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author zenergy33
        @drooppy dawg, lol I like that defacto program... I am based in Australia do you target campaigns in Australia with 7 search, Miva and Yahoo Marketing... Do you think it will be successful for Australian Search ? Any feedback will be appreciated...

        @kindsvater, Yes I can see it is only going to get harder to do Marketing with Google... Do you think it is becasue they are now Building their own advertising Network for their own affilaites and they are looking to dominate the top positions in PPC...

        It is looking very likely now when they simply ban so many of their advertisers with no reason given what so ever.... They must have crunched the numbers to see what they can do by dominating their own PPC adverts with their own products.... Food for thought !!

        Thanks for all your feedback thus far team...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1481880].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
        Originally Posted by zenergy33 View Post

        @ triinhere, thanks for the advice that is what I will be doing !!

        @krnekdo, can you share some more info on how and where to get a VPN Ip... Many people have said to do this but it would be great to have some specifics.... Is Host Gator a suitable choice ?

        Will they still track my Internet Hosting Provider if I operate a VPN.... Will I have to change Internet providers, is that what you are saying ?

        What about my credit card details and personal details ? Is there a step by system for setting up a new Adwords account after being banned out there anyone has used and has proof that it works ?

        @tdale, yes I have to agree with you on this, there is alot of talk about the SEO world changing very soon, which will also take with it Adsense Customers who will get banned as well....

        Talk about having the power to dictate, the position Google now have...

        Some people had spent between 3 to 5 million on Adwords over the last 5 x years and they got banned also !!
        UK VPN account at adtelly.tv just £5.50/month

        Also, Try PPC advtiser.net
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1483156].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author zenergy33
          Hi Warrior Team and the info shared by the rest of the fantastic Warrior Members,

          Thank you for your quality responses...

          I can see the positives in this situation already listening to what you guys are saying, and yes I will be taking your advice and that of the other quality members in here and expand my traffic game....

          In the meantime I was due to take on 4 x contracts starting in January 2010 for driving traffic and Google in Australia is used by a large percentage of the population to search for anything.

          So I would still like to ask Does anyone have some specifics about exactly how to set up

          A ) A new Google account without being banned again ( Has happened to many people now using wives credit card and details etc ) They still got banned without even running a single campaign

          B ) How to set up the separate personal account and business account without getting the busienss accounts banned also as I will be managing the adwords system

          C ) The exact steps for setting up a VPN system to show a totally different IP address altogether when using adwords... If I set this up can I still use the PC I am using now ?

          D) Does anyone have any friends or associates who do run multiple Google accounts whom they share their contact details with me so I can get the multiple account system set up correctly from the outset !!

          I only have 2 x weeks to be ready to go in January 2010

          Any information or links to successful people who have achieved this will be very helpful indeed

          Thank you kindly in advance Warrior Team !!

          Like I said previously I was not even promoting Affiliate Products, Landing Pages or Squeeze Pages..
          I was promoting legitimate Business websites... So still confused, but have started utilizing Bing and Yahoo a lot more now...

          Still I would like to have Google as 20% of my Advertising for the Long Term.... Any Success stories from anyone out there who had their account reactivated, would love to hear about it...

          This info will help others too who may have the same experiences...

          Cheers
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1486067].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author zenergy33
            Hi Warrich,

            Thanks for the info..... Can you direct me to exactly where this can be found in Google's policies....

            So when you say Copyright materials, do you mean someone Else's copyright or your own copyright materials.... I thought most products out their are copyrighted...

            Can you expand on your post

            Cheers
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1486081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    Isn't it bizarre that the main reason for adwords ads is supposed to SELL something - while, on the other hand, Google now seems to frown upon any site which has to do with marketing and selling? This is almost how this sounds to me.

    They cant expect all marketers and people who want to sell products or services to turn into "high quality bloggers" all of a sudden.

    Is it just me or is there an odd double standard at work- with Google being the BIGGEST Internet Marketer of them all....while the "little IM guy" has it harder and harder especially if they are conducting Affiliate Marketing.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1481915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Intothewild
    Bans for life sounds a bit harsh! Google should seriously give their advertisers more room for improvement befor they run around slapping. But they are pretty business savvy/searcher friendly. A good service will make people come to their site, which in turn will make people do a lot to advertice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1481932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warrich
    google adwords ppc don't allow you to advertise your website with copyright materials so beaware it will banned u any time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1482373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kezz
    I'm wondering if Google is finding the overall conversion rate and / or clickthrough rate via Adwords is dropping across the board. Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that people are becoming less inclined towards clicking on their ads due to getting used to certain kinds of sites, sites they are not interested in.

    I'm not saying anything about one kind of landing page vs another, just speculating as to what the machinations of the big G might have been to have lead to such drastic action. If we can understand why, then that might help with avoiding the problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1482784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quickregister
    The details really do not matter. What Google is showing us is their culture. It is a culture which does not care about it's customers. It is a culture which responds to people only with automatic emails. It is a culture that will not even tell you directly what you might have done wrong so that you can correct it. It is a culture that will not communicate or work with you. Now that they have shown us how they really are why should we expect them to act differently in the future? If you want to try to use them go ahead but do not be surprised if they keep acting the same way. Money will always find a way. If they leave a hole in the market someone will fill it. They have a lot of people looking for alternatives.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1494489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 123davelee
    there is way too much competition with Adwords. It is not as easy as many people say.
    I prefer not to use adwords anymore due to this plus the incredible crazy prices of keywords. I have lost way too much money on adwords never even coming close to making any of it back. My feel is that adwords is now for just the "big guns" of the marketing world who have the capital to invest. The little guys need to go else where.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1494586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author isler45
    Try all the other PPC search engines. If google does not want your money give it to the other ones. Yahoo, MSN, AOL, 7 Search, Ask.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1494842].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Multinetting
      Glad I read this thread, I had a couple of low converting (narrow profit) campaigns running which appear to be dodgy. So just inactivated them.
      There are hundreds of ads running daily that are well over the edge, so expect many more bans to come. Not sure if anyone is running these 'xxxxx is a scam don't buy it' type ads, but I suspect more and more companies are complaining direct to Google that they are tarnishing their image - hence this action.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1503404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeepbull
    I'm 1 of them, Adwords suspended my account 4 days ago. I'm so bore on PPC especially Adwords. I will looking for other way to boost traffic with no PPC and SEO.

    If someone have any idea please tell me.
    Signature

    Interesting in Facebook + list building, Want professional to teach me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1504070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oliverwinston
    It sounds like they may be getting rid of the grey hat and black hat crew or anything remotely shady.

    I think it will be a good thing for us legit adword users.
    Signature
    Beta Testers Needed- Get $47 Product Free
    The Worlds Largest Article Marketing Network
    Get One Way Backlinks To Your Website- Post Your Article To 51,280+ Websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1504104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scarver
    My account was banned without warning (even though they said that I had ignored all previous warnings). I suspect that it was due to a campaign that has been paused for a long time, as my current one seems very straightforward to me.

    I recommend "deleting" any old campaigns, just in case it might help.

    This ban is actually a good thing as it will cause me to seek other means of advertising, outside of their monopoly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1551846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulside
      Funny, I just started a thread on this.

      I got my account banned a few days ago. I run an e commerce knife store. I ran some ads a few months ago that all had 10/10 quality scores. I was going to reactivate them with a few tweaks and this happens. They still had 10/10 scores.

      The only knives that are not allowed to be sold, according to the editorial guidlines are butterfly knives and switchblade knives. I sell neither.

      Honestly, this is good. I never had a lot invested into adwords. I am looking at Yahoo and MSN, especially MSN since they are geared more towards buyers of products and not information seekers like Google. Perfect for an e commerce store.

      Like other have mentioned, this should teach us not to rely heavily on one traffic source.

      If you listen to the top marketers, they all say to generate traffic from EVERY possible source that produces a profit. That way when something like this happens, it's not a big deal.
      Signature
      Learn the secrets of real life knife fighting along with proper knife fighting techniques that martial arts black belts don't want you to know.

      Keep you and your loved ones safe with this real world information on defending yourself from a knife attack!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1563654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    i am still extremely surprised i am not banned yet, so many ***p ads on my account. The reason is probably that i have my ads paused for months now
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1563726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lerxtjr
      Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information (ie, landing pages designed to collect email addresses)
      This example and the many other legit sites getting banned tells us all a few things about google that should have us very concerned and yet rather enthused:

      1. The decision of whether to ban your site or not is being made by kids just out of school and not experienced business people, and certainly not by people who know marketing.

      2. MSN couldn't be happier because more and more of us are going to throw Google under the bus in masses and head to google's most dreaded competitor.

      3. Th google killer we have all been waiting for for years just might be here...and wouldn't we all have a great laugh if it turned out to be Google themselves?
      Signature

      Get your non-fiction book done without typing ProduceMyBook.com >>

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1564196].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Liquidgraph
        Quit your bitching. Google is doing exactly what it should -- increasing relevant results. You may not like this as a spammer, but you will like it as a searcher. Think objectively for a second and you'll realize that your scraped content + deceptive placement of Adsense ain't the beesknees and deserves to be punished. You make sh!t and then start complaining that the world is coming to an end when Google calls you out on it. It's ludirous! Google let's us get away with too much as it is. Make a quality site and you have nothing to fear.
        Signature

        Change it up! Pitch me a get-rich-slow scheme.

        Annuity | Annuity Rates | Annuity Calculator | Fixed Annuity

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1567755].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scarver
          Originally Posted by Liquidgraph View Post

          Quit your bitching. Google is doing exactly what it should -- increasing relevant results. You may not like this as a spammer, but you will like it as a searcher. Think objectively for a second and you'll realize that your scraped content + deceptive placement of Adsense ain't the beesknees and deserves to be punished. You make sh!t and then start complaining that the world is coming to an end when Google calls you out on it. It's ludirous! Google let's us get away with too much as it is. Make a quality site and you have nothing to fear.
          Well, I am not a spammer, did not have scraped content or any Adsense ads, my ads were not deceptive and my landing page scored very high. So... I hope that you know what you are talking about... and be sure not to b...ch whenever the mighty Google bans your "quality site".
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1575650].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulside
          Originally Posted by Liquidgraph View Post

          Quit your bitching. Google is doing exactly what it should -- increasing relevant results. You may not like this as a spammer, but you will like it as a searcher. Think objectively for a second and you'll realize that your scraped content + deceptive placement of Adsense ain't the beesknees and deserves to be punished. You make sh!t and then start complaining that the world is coming to an end when Google calls you out on it. It's ludirous! Google let's us get away with too much as it is. Make a quality site and you have nothing to fear.
          You really believe every site that got banned was a spammer? Over 150,000 sites have been banned. You think every one of those sites is shady?

          I recently got banned. My primary site advertised is an e commerce site selling knives. The only thing mentioned about knives in the editorial guide lines is not to sell butterfly or switchblade knives, which I don't.

          My site has unique content and descriptions and is well put together. Totally original site stocked with products people want. How do I know this? Because people actually BUY THE PRODUCTS I SELL after clicking on those neat little adwords ads I used to be allowed to put up.

          The only thing I might have done in the past is direct link to some CPA offers. This was a while ago when I had no clue what I was doing when it came to CPA. I stopped immediately. If Google is banning accounts for mistakes made in the past (and I know they are) then the heck with them! Too many other ways to drive traffic.

          I always hear how Google cares about "user experience and relevancy." Sure they do. Only because it benefits Google, not because they really care about the end user.

          This banning of sites because they "think" users won't like them is just wrong. They should let people decide for themselves what users want like Yahoo and MSN do. Obviously, if a site is doing something unethical or promoting something illegal than sure, boot them.

          In the end, every move Google makes is about Google. Not us or the end users and this attitude shows in their joke of a customer service platform and these bans without any recourse for you or I.

          -Paul
          Signature
          Learn the secrets of real life knife fighting along with proper knife fighting techniques that martial arts black belts don't want you to know.

          Keep you and your loved ones safe with this real world information on defending yourself from a knife attack!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1575769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AvidAZ
    I'm split on this. Sure, it sucks for some, but for other real advertisers, it gives them a better chance at conversion by filtering out garbage / arbitrage competition.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1567764].message }}
  • Google has a near Monopoly. You would think the competition would see this as an opportunity, but they seem to be asleep at the wheel.

    This is an Arbitrage site: "http://www.vegaskids.info/" doing Adsense Arbitage and an affliate link. No content at all. Been doing it for years.

    Seems to avoid all the Google Slaps.

    So maybe you are just doing it wrong if you get banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1567876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AvidAZ
    In regards to this. If Google is banning sites that host ads, what about all of the major comparison shopping engines such as Nextag, Shopping.com, Pricegrabber, etc? These operate similar to arbitrage sites, yet are still showing.

    As an advertiser, I get frustrated that I have to spend $1 a click, and then compete against Pricegrabber or Nextag, where I ALSO have to advertise and pay them another $1 per click.

    I hope they get banned too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1576111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lerxtjr
      I hope that you know what you are talking about... and be sure not to b...ch whenever the mighty Google bans your "quality site".
      Great saying there...and it's only a matter of time before someone feeling safe gets the shaft or even worse yet, gets hit up by a client that all of a sudden their site is banned and you were the one responsible for making sure that doesn't happen. Ugh, that'll suck.

      From reading this thread, there is quite an amount of inconsistency here. If WE don't understand what makes Google staff vote out a site and why others get preferred treatment, and we who do this stuff every day, what about the general public or business owner who all of a sudden turns on his computer one day to find his website is just gone from Google? No warnings. No reasons. No resources. No recourse. No traffic either!

      I smell a big national class action lawsuit coming against Google that will probably lose in court. But, maybe they'll be forced to display guidelines that can be fought one-on-one. Like, if I get banned for life but prove that my site adheres to their list of terms, my life ban can be lifted.

      But, the way they're doing what they're doing is a realllly fast way for Google to make a few million of us turn our backs on them like an old shoe. And, then where will they be? On the same path as Yahoo!

      I suppose too that maybe we shouldn't be talking about this topic online. After all, this is one of the bigger forums for our industry. Surely, there are Google staff lurking in these threads. Who's to say they can't just look for people complaining and follow their links and have a big banning party with cocktails and ping pong at Google?
      Signature

      Get your non-fiction book done without typing ProduceMyBook.com >>

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1576896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fortony
    A lot of this has to do with Google's size and arrogance. I'm sure some of the advertisers needed to be cleaned out. However, doing this to so many without giving them any recourse??!!?

    While I am not worried about my Adwords account, but I saw how Google operated in this way on Youtube. For those who do not know the system, they delete accounts and ban people for life without recourse there too. People without great accounts with thousands of subscribers suddenly get canned. Usually, the only reason is that someone does not like their views on a subject to they flag their videos until they get banned. Totally stupid and unfair system but Google does not care and wont change it.
    Signature

    Give your glass products the strength of 9H tempered glass with Dglass Coat. https://dglasscoat.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1577113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    I have a horrible inkling that Google will let loose a terrible bloodbath this year. Thousands upon throusands of Adsense and Adwords will be banned, and millions of site will be de-indexed. Those who are most confident and least expect it to happen to them will be caught out.

    A lot of of this had already happened last year and lot of experienced IMers were caught out. Using the term "good user experience", most sites on the Internet will be deemed MFA.
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1577114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sancho Sanches
    Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information
    Sounds like squeeze pages.

    Might be better to do combos where value is added and not just the squeeze.
    Signature
    * New Affiliate Black Book Coming Soon *
    http://www.affiliateblackbook.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1578927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit-smart
    Exciting!

    Looks like googles thinning the herd. Quit your whining; Direct Linking, leading straight to a squeeze page, and other tactics are dead.

    So adapt. If you can, you'll have a competitive advantage; if you cant your in the wrong industry.

    Internet
    Marketing

    What does anyone whos been online for any length of time know about the internet?

    It's prone to sudden, rapid changes.


    On another note, its dangerous to rely on one source of paid traffic-your running a business, not playing poker. If google killed PPC tomorrow, I'd have over twenty other profitable sources of paid traffic to fall back on-It might take a chunk out of my monthly revenue, but oh well-All I would need to do is focus more on scaling up my other sources of traffic a little higher.


    Relax-Put your thinking caps on, and look for the silver lining. It's there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592854].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
      Originally Posted by Profit-smart View Post

      Exciting!

      Looks like googles thinning the herd. Quit your whining; Direct Linking, leading straight to a squeeze page, and other tactics are dead.

      .
      and what facts do you base your post on ?
      Signature
      | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smoke.sessions
    This is a very widely talked about subject, I've been seeing it everywhere. I think it's insane that Google is doing that, and it's not very fair to be quite honest.
    Signature

    PM me if you need a custom WP plugin or a website built!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1593006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucid
    > if you drive traffic to your own site, you don't harm anyone

    Google disagrees. In fact, they believe you are harming Google. It's a business decision as they had complaints and they want to keep their customers, the searchers.

    I agree with profit-smart's sentiments: quit whining and adapt. But unless you promote a product that Google objects to, direct linking IS allowed. I would not use PPC on a squeeze page and that is definitely out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1593255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author searchnology
      Yes, they are most concerned with serving the interest of their search engine users and NOT the advertisers. Increasing the quality and getting rid of the "middleman junk" in the Adwords universe is a GOOD move. If you loose the searchers all advertisers get hurt. The quality advertisers, as others have mentioned, either won't be affected or will simply adapt.

      Bravo Google!

      Originally Posted by Lucid View Post

      > if you drive traffic to your own site, you don't harm anyone

      Google disagrees. In fact, they believe you are harming Google. It's a business decision as they had complaints and they want to keep their customers, the searchers.

      I agree with profit-smart's sentiments: quit whining and adapt. But unless you promote a product that Google objects to, direct linking IS allowed. I would not use PPC on a squeeze page and that is definitely out.
      Signature
      Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit-smart
    I said direct linking was dead with adwords, because it seems that way; Read the title of this thread again. Everybodys talking about this-it isnt an isolated event. It would seem the to be one of the big things their looking for.

    Maybe I'm just biased; so far this has been GOOD for me-no adapting nessecary. its always been pretty hard to get a good quality score in Adwords when Direct Linking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1595024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dseisner
    Originally Posted by zenergy33 View Post

    Hello Warrior Team and Warrior Members,

    Well it seems we have a a huge problem and I want to open a thread here for all members and the Warrior Members....

    I need your feedback on the potential loss of income and time building Squeeze Pages and Landing Page Sites, only to be black listed for life by Google......

    Can your team address this problem for all of us....

    For me personally I was hoping to build squeeze pages and landing pages, to build my list and drive traffic towards my product offers.... Well it seems that Google is banning anyone who hopes to promote these pages using their Adwords System....

    Don't get me wrong I love the Squeeze Page and Landing Page Systems and will continue to build sites with this quality software, but I will have to change my track and use other media marketing to drive traffic to the pages.... MSN, Yahoo and PPV etc

    If we can have an open discussion about this right now, I think it will save a lot of Members some heartache if they were hoping to use Google to promote their pages....

    This is part of the email that Google sent me this week when they banned my account for no apparent reason.... I was not even promoting Affiliate Offers which makes it even more confusing.....

    They are not answering any ones emails and the Ban for life Stands.....

    This is their answer to disabled accounts which will affect hundreds of websites and Members

    We cannot reveal our specific filtration methods for measuring site quality or triggering account suspension. However, the unacceptable business practices and policy violations for poor-quality landing pages for which Google will disable AdWords accounts include (but are not limited to):

    Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information
    Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are designed for the purpose of showing ads

    Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain

    "Get-rich quick" sites

    Malware sites that install software on a visitor's computer

    Poor comparison shopping or travel sites whose primary purpose is to send users to other shopping/travel comparison sites, rather than to provide useful content or additional search functionality

    As you can see you are going to have to think long and hard about what you promote and your marketing plans if any with Google.....

    I would like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem and have them share their story with all of us to help educate us....

    I would also like to hear from the Warrior Team on how we can address this, and if any changes need to be made, or what course of action you recommend for our future.....

    Does anyone have a direct contact email for a Google representative or do you8 have any resources or information on how I can re activate my Google adwords account quickly... Each day I lose income from not be able to advertise with Google.... Any info will be welcome !!

    This is the most comprehensive info I have found so far. You can read some of the experiences of other people banned here

    gauherchaudhry.com/google-adwords-drops-the-axe-again

    All feedback will be greatly appreciated

    Thanks team

    I don't think it's fair to say why they're doing it. From what I heard, they ban without a reason. And hey, don't tell anyone, but I still do direct linking, a lot of it. They don't seem to mind one bit because I'm still a customer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597190].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HealthBuff
      It may pay to start again on an other computer .......they can track the computer ID. Just starting again with a new name wont get around the system...if it is to be got around!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kbs
    Funny thing is that before xmas Google's top dog was on Larry King and told the world "Hey if you lose your job you can come on over to Google and make money blogging".

    He forgot to mention the slap that Google just did.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1628550].message }}

Trending Topics