SEO with Flash Sites??

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Can anyone provide some good suggestions on how to incorporate SEO with a flash website? or is it even worth the effort?
#flash #seo #sites
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Carn
    In my opinion off page SEO matters the most. If your site isn't completely in Flash you can add keywords here and there but if it is, add your keyword in the title and in the meta-description/keywords. I'd also add some text with your keyword in the beginning and the end of your webpage.

    Hope that helps.

    Thanks,
    Adam
    Signature
    Taking a break...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2032450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
      Originally Posted by Adam Carn View Post

      In my opinion off page SEO matters the most. If your site isn't completely in Flash you can add keywords here and there but if it is, add your keyword in the title and in the meta-description/keywords. I'd also add some text with your keyword in the beginning and the end of your webpage.

      Hope that helps.

      Thanks,
      Adam
      Yes that does help...But My site is completely Flash. So I am not sure how to proceed. My keyword is in the title btw.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2032521].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adam Carn
        Originally Posted by ddlingo View Post

        Yes that does help...But My site is completely Flash. So I am not sure how to proceed. My keyword is in the title btw.
        Cool, then just concentrate on the off page SEO bit, build some links and you should be fine.

        Adam
        Signature
        Taking a break...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2032542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oca101
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2033497].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edmltw
      Just focus on building backlinks and you'll do fine

      Ed
      Signature

      Need A Easy, Drag and Drop Website Creation Platform?
      Click Here To Find Out More

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2033760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by oca101 View Post

      try to use alt meta description tag on flash.

      In case you missed their recent announcement about Flash, Google and Adobe have teamed up on a new algorithm to index text content in Flash. As a result of the new algorithm for Flash, Googlebot now indexes "textual content in SWF files of all kinds" and extracts URLs embeded in Flash.
      Its still detrimental to SEO to have a site completely in Flash. There very rarely is a reason to go 100% in flash. IF you look closely even many of the sites that utilize a lot of flash have the header and footer in standard HTML.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2034752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    Originally Posted by ddlingo View Post

    Can anyone provide some good suggestions on how to incorporate SEO with a flash website? or is it even worth the effort?
    Its not worth the effort. Flash is crap. Flash sucks. Flash always takes too long to load. Think of the user. I do not want flash sites in my search results, so I glad they can not be easily SEO'd
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2033856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Grut
    Maybe cloaking? Flash for users and html for bots.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2033904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manishrawat
    Make a HTML version of your website and add pages , content,links to it. Your flash version and HTML version can co-exist. It wil have double benefit. Users will have choice to access any of the version of your website. Also there will be a site for crawlers crawl.

    No doubt your HTML site willl rank much quicker and better than flash one.

    Also it will be a boon to those users where bandwidth is less and the speed is slow.
    Signature

    PSD to HTML / Theme Conversion Service - PixelCrayons.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2034247].message }}

Trending Topics