I'm working on a niche site, that I'll monetize selling Amazon products. I registered the domain and started creating content on july 27th, have been created pages and backlinks somehow slowly but consistently since then.
Right now the situation with the different search engines is as follows:
- Google: 59 pages indexed. 2 backlinks indexed -not considering internal links- (looking for inurl:mydomain.com), 1 backlink listed in webmasters central (from a forum post).
- Yahoo: 1 page indexed (the homepage), 69 backlinks counted in yahoo site explorer, from articles, forum posts, article directories, and blog comments. About half of them are dofollow, and the other half nofollow links.
- Bing: 1 page indexed (the homepage), 2 backlinks shown if I search +"http://mydomain.com", both from Yahoo answers.
So my questions are:
- Why are Yahoo and Bing not indexing all my content? I'm subscribed to their webmaster tools, I publish a feed, I send my sitemaps and ping my content... Am I doing something wrong?
- Why is Google not indexing more backlinks already? I thought it was much faster than the others indexing "real time" content, specially after the Caffeine update.
I can't figure it out, maybe it's just a matter of time until everything comes in place, but it doesn't make much sense to me. :confused: