23 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Today I recieved a mail from adwords telling me that my Adwords account was shut down, no further explanation, no way to appeal...

For what I read on different forums and ezines seems to Google don't like the squeeze pages anymore...

I had a few CPA offers linked to a squeeze page to build a list and all that work was sent right to the can.

I just don't get it... now I need to focus on other traffic methods...

I kicked and shouted all afternoon, now a little bit more calm I just wanted to past a word of warning for those that have a squeeze page as landing page of their adwords campaigns...
#google #screwed
  • Google seems to be doing that to everyone.

    They event sent me an adwords coupon -- I opened a new account -- and then bam, closed it before I even got a chance to advertise...

    Very strange...
    Signature
    Pick a product. Pick ANY product! -> 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lamberw
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747401].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AFI
      Originally Posted by lamberw View Post

      Suggest you pick up my product in my sig file to get you started.
      I would except your download/landing page is a 404 page that says "
      The Profit Share: Nothing Found At This Address"
      Signature

      Learn about Internet Marketing from my dofollow comment blog.....Make Extra Money At Home...
      I WILL BUILD YOU YOUR OWN CUSTOM AMAZON REVIEW SITE - HUNDREDS SOLD!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747434].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jan roos
        Over 30 000 accounts was banned in the last 2 months. Complete businesses destroyed in an instant.

        Pretty crazy!

        Diversify your traffic sources. That's how to stay safe.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747500].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          Over 30 000 accounts was banned in the last 2 months. Complete businesses destroyed in an instant.

          Pretty crazy!

          Diversify your traffic sources. That's how to stay safe.

          Cheers
          What I always say!

          The bold sentence, that is.

          The other is not exactly true.
          Google does not destroy businesses.
          Search engines not withstanding.

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2750498].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author askloz
          thats a speck of dust when you consider they got millions of customers.

          Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          Over 30 000 accounts was banned in the last 2 months. Complete businesses destroyed in an instant.

          Pretty crazy!

          Diversify your traffic sources. That's how to stay safe.

          Cheers
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2754036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ChrisWater
        Banned
        Originally Posted by AFI View Post

        I would except your download/landing page is a 404 page that says "
        The Profit Share: Nothing Found At This Address"
        Works for me
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747529].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Callum2
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747540].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
            Organic traffic FTW!!
            Signature

            BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LMC
    Do you things the right way and you won't be screwed.

    You have to think like google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jokyv
      Originally Posted by LMC View Post

      Do you things the right way and you won't be screwed.

      You have to think like google.
      I totally agree with this ! However it seems they are getting stricter and stricter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2754451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cataclysm1987
    It's going to take a long time for things like this to catch up to Google, but it eventually will. I know I'm pretty much never going to get involved in Google paid search. Too much regulation, too many banned accounts. And SEO is much more profitable anyways, even if it is a lot harder to develop a ranking.

    Anyways, the fact that a company can shut down an account with no reason or explanation, and certainly no customer service, and still make billions of dollars of profit a year is insane. But you're far from the only one.

    Google has even been in the habit of shutting down sites that use third party shopping carts, labeling them as "bridge pages". Totally ignorant. As though the average merchant can afford a self hosted shopping cart software and pay through the nose for it.

    Squeeze pages are hated by Google because they number 1, don't offer enough information. Google hates a lack of information and tries to slap it at every possible moment. You ever see a squeeze page at the top of the SEO rankings? Of course not, and neither has anyone else.

    The other reason Google hates it is that they hate you having a business outside of what they offer. Building a list gives you, the merchant, the opportunity to make money whether you are running Google adwords or not. Therefore, you don't necessarily need Google, and you can in fact do without them.

    They hate that. They need you to need them and only make money when they make money.

    Just another reason I'll never give money to Google for traffic.
    Signature

    No signature here today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2747609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjming81
    Right now I have one site on adwords - brand new site witha betting system that I think needed an adwords boost to "get out there".
    One day last month they took he ad "off" - suspended it-their reasoning-a "betting licence" was needed. Well, after 24 hours and a call to my State licening office (which replied via email quickly and to the pointthat i was onlye a "selection" service and no licence was required. I copied and pasted this email to Google and was back online that same day.
    Mike
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjustin
    sad to hear but 3 of my friends also experienced the same thing last week
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edmltw
    That's weird. I had my campaigns linked to squeeze pages. The only difference is that, my sales letter is powered by Wordpress which has blog posts on another URL extension. Perhaps you guys should try that instead?
    Signature

    Need A Easy, Drag and Drop Website Creation Platform?
    Click Here To Find Out More

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
      Originally Posted by edmltw View Post

      That's weird. I had my campaigns linked to squeeze pages. The only difference is that, my sales letter is powered by Wordpress which has blog posts on another URL extension. Perhaps you guys should try that instead?
      probably time to move them out before they run the broom through again / they will find them and they are getting better and faster at what they do and how they are detecting these pages.

      @ the op it rips your guts for sure /
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2750577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pcpupil
    The only way google will ever be shut down would be if every IM marketer,anybody doing buisness online quit using them completely except for there free google accounts.

    But that will never happen because a lot of people,and i mean a lot cant do without them.The reason i say a lot is because there still in buisness wit all these complaints.
    The same goes to the other 2 biggest companys that everyone complains about.

    It confuses me to no end,with the amount of people online,forums,the social sites,ect,and theres not enough brave people to put these people on the right and straight track,or drive them out of buisness.
    And i mean the whole world as one combined effort.

    One big massive boycott.
    But it will never happen.The world is filled with mice.
    Signature
    I will be your Digital Assistance for cheap.PM me.
    I can help relieve your work load.Pm me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gregd7
      Originally Posted by pcpupil View Post

      The world is filled with mice.
      and sheep.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2752780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oneplusone
    You were violating their advertising policies, squeeze pages are NOT allowed anymore.

    They interpret them as data collection sites, and it will usually result in a lifetime ban.

    I'm not saying I agree/disagree with their policy, but those are the rules and they will enforce them.

    Even Eben Pagan (pen name David DeAngelo) has changed his famous dating site on Adwords:

    Double Your Dating

    If you watch the video carefully, you'll notice he says "enter your name and e-mail address below", but there isn't anywhere to do so.

    He removed it obviously to make his site compliant.

    I'm sure there are some people who are unfairly banned, but in your case you were clearly violating their advertising policies.

    Anyone using Adwords who hasn't read their advertising policies for a while, really needs to do so before it is too late.

    What may have been okay in 2009, may not be in 2010.
    Signature
    'If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.' Vincent Van Gogh.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2748588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    I'm done with Google, no more adwords, guess organic traffic is the way to go, I can diversify to POF or Facebook ads, PPV, SEO, Youtube... Its just Adwords was a super fast way to build a list at a fair price...

    Thanks to all for the replies
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2750370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonsean
    As i observed with this thread there are some always had a doubt on google according to them but on the other hand other said that you do the right thing. I think the point is we do not now the the terms and conditions or maybe we overlooked at.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2750417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    My account almost got roasted because my ads didn't get enough clicks compared to the organic results they were displayed with. It is all about money.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2753774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author craigcdz
    This is really shocking and annoying..At least there must some kind of warning before imposing a ban on the account or shutting it down....Strange, Why Google did so?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2754014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Petal
    Fellow Warriors, It seems that Google's power over ordinary people like us is increasing getting worse. We are the politerates and they are the 'holders of means of production' as explainned by Karl Marx or George Orwell's 'Animal Farm'.

    They abuse us by taking away our money via adsense/adwords ban. It is absolutely disgraceful. Think about the millions they have made through our sweat and blood.
    I'm not a communist at all but Google's abuse of power is saddening, especially as we are here to make a living. God help us
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2754072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    I wanted to give Google another chance by changing my landing page to an content page and with a lot of anchor text leading to my squeeze page... this time I'll get it right! I said to myself...

    sad to say that my credit card was banned... how the hell they can do that?!

    Now I worried about the adsense account that I have with them (using the same email banned on adwords)... is not big time money but a couple of hundreds that join a couple of other hundreds to make a couple of thousands... Can they shut me down this account as well?
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2779047].message }}

Trending Topics