Hello Warriors -
I know that success stories can be inspiring to others, so I wanted to share my own. I'm probably a lot like many of you on here; I have been struggling to figure out this internet marketing thing for a number of years.
I tried all sorts of different markets, but I always failed miserably. Then about a year ago, the lightbulb finally went on for me and I realized I was going after markets that were MUCH too competitive. I decided to target small niches that I could rank quickly in Google for.
To make a long story short, I went from earnings $50 a month in Google Adsense to about $5,000 per month now! I also have built over 200 websites in the past year (MUCH of it outsourced). Ever since I have implemented this strategy my income has been growing. I'm now at the point where I am preparing to quit my full-time job so that I can pursue my online business!
Here's is what I do to generate this kind of income:
Choosing a Niche:
- First, I choose a keyword that gets at least 1,000 EXACT match searches per month (more is better of course)
- I only choose a keyword if it has a CPC of AT LEAST $1 (typically I like to focus on keywords with a CPC of $2 or more, however, I will accept a $1 if the competition is extremely low).
- I only choose a keyword if I can rank in the top 10 in Google. Here's some of the major factors to analyze whether or not you can outrank the competition:
- Pagerank (only important to a certain extent) – I look for a PR of 0 or 1
- Number of backlinks to site and the resulting page
- Keywords in the Title
- Keywords in the domain
- Root domain or sub-directory page (root domain is stronger)
- I personally like to find a niche where there are at least 2 results in the top 10 of Google with a PR of 0 AND that also have less than 10 backlinks to the page (you can often find results with NO backlinks to the page).
- I mostly only buy the exact match domain name of the keyword I am targeting. This is absolutely the best way to go, and it does help your google rankings.
- Sometimes I will add a prefix or suffix to the domain name if the market is weak.
- I target 1 main keyword on the website, the same keyword as the domain name.
Building the Site
- I personally use WordPress, however, there any type of website is fine. Wordpress just makes things easier for me.
- I typically will start with about 5 ORIGINAL articles on each site. I will add more content as the website proves that its worth the effort and starts ranking better.
- My most comman adsense placement is a large rectangle just below the title and right justified. I will also place a 160x600 skyscraper in the sidebar, and a link unit near the top navigation bar.
- I will primarily build links by submitting articles. One original article submitted to dozens of article directories can go a long way. I will submit more articles as needed.
- I will also place articles on Web 2.0 directories if necessary (like Hubpages, Squidoo, etc).
- I initially used 3waylinks.net solely, but I no longer use this service, simply because its a bit grey hat. However, I think the service certainly still helps, I'm just being cautious.
Repeat the Process
Essentially, that's it! The key to everything is choosing the proper keyword. The ability to analyze the top 10 results in Google can make or break you! If you can get good at choosing low competition keywords, then the rest of the process is much easier (in my opinion).
Anyway, I just wanted to share with all of you my success and excitement as I prepare to quit my full-time job in the next couple of months!
Please feel free to ask any questions...thanks!