Female sites = much higher CTR?

by Fking
25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Ok this is just an suggestion of mine, since i dont have enough data to be sure yet. But here is the thing

I will compare 2 micro niche sites of mine
1 is for bikes (so mostly male visitors)
2 is for cosmetic product (mostly females)

1 has 0.89% adsense CTR
2 has 11.45% adsense CTR

Yeah happens you will say, but here is the thing. Both are with exactly the same layouts and adsense units! Both are about products.
Yeah cosmetic is something you more often buy online than bike, so that also might bring sligthly better CTR, but i dont believe it's 12 times higher JUST because of that.

So, do you think that women click much more (10+ times more) than men? Have you stumbled upon any studies about that?
If you have analogical examples of your own (the same site layouts, different audiences) please DO share
#ctr #female #higher #sites
  • Profile picture of the author jocaziggg
    I think that is werry importent to have the good design of page.If it keep the atention of a visitor longer, the possibility is biger fore him to visit some of adds.I think that girls read more about cosmetics, then boys about bikes and cars...above all look at the newspaper's and magazines...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UKecommerce
    Well it's certainly true on the high street, women are much more likely to make a positive buying decision and make that decision much quicker, although perhaps not to the 12% extent. As you know there would be many other factors, such as product, placement, how products are presented, price factors, ads served etc. It may translate to your adsense results to some degree.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913140].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sandrax
      Mmmmm, interesting, I might take this into account setting up a next campaign, just target females ...... thanks for the tip!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialbookmark
    If these statistics to be accurate, its the time to move to start websites for females. 11.45% adsense CTR is really good. How many days did you test it and got above results?
    Signature

    I love warriorforum.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Just my opinion...

      The cosmetic page is probably geared for buyers.
      Women go there wanting to buy and are looking for something.

      If your page is SEO'd for people who are buyers, and you have
      a good page for it, it can really take off.

      The bike page is maybe nice to know info. It is attracting looky-loos,
      not buyers.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deoro
    Banned
    for the simple reason women are impulsive buyers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yardsignsdallas
    Banned
    Of course the adsense CTR will be hire if its a product that almost all women think of as necessary and not optional like buying a bike would be. So i do think targeting women would be a good idea because it will definitely drive sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2914124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carl Brown
      Originally Posted by yardsignsdallas View Post

      Of course the adsense CTR will be hire if its a product that almost all women think of as necessary and not optional like buying a bike would be. So i do think targeting women would be a good idea because it will definitely drive sales.
      That's my opinion. It's simply a matter of "wants" verses "needs"

      If you want/need to make money, target "needs"
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2941772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scott g
    Originally Posted by Fking View Post

    Ok this is just an suggestion of mine, since i dont have enough data to be sure yet. But here is the thing

    I will compare 2 micro niche sites of mine
    1 is for bikes (so mostly male visitors)
    2 is for cosmetic product (mostly females)

    1 has 0.89% adsense CTR
    2 has 11.45% adsense CTR
    Women... They'll click on anything that looks good! Usually realizing after it's all said and done that it's not what they were looking for in the first place!! :p
    Signature
    scott g
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2914177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author realaustin
      Banned
      Originally Posted by scott g View Post

      Women... They'll click on anything that looks good! Usually realizing after it's all said and done that it's not what they were looking for in the first place!! :p
      i disagree. women know what they're looking for, specially when it come to shopping; so of course if your site is directed to women it will definitely have a much higher ctr.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2941746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jexson_paul
    Yes, women are very intrested look "what comes up ?" . They do more shopping comparing with male .
    Signature
    Are you network admin ? Join us www.realpayingcpa.com
    http://unique.leadbolt.com - $0.60 EPCS for non-Movies ,MY OCT EARNINGS: $6,321.42

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2914342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webtrading10
    Thnaks for the data showing how female cosmetic sites do so much better vs male.

    I have always suspected that is the case which is a big reason I have concentrated on that niche so much and am still developing new sites in the female health and beauty categories.

    With that said, your CTR is surprisingly high vs average Adsense CTRs which I believe are just a fraction of 11%.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2941790].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fking
      Originally Posted by webtrading10 View Post

      Thnaks for the data showing how female cosmetic sites do so much better vs male.

      I have always suspected that is the case which is a big reason I have concentrated on that niche so much and am still developing new sites in the female health and beauty categories.

      With that said, your CTR is surprisingly high vs average Adsense CTRs which I believe are just a fraction of 11%.
      well a lot of people around here claim to have 10-20%, so i even though mine is low.

      Most of my sites have been always around 1-2%, so i thought im doing something wrong...
      and i've got plenty of sites all sorts of kinds and niches
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2941990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonsean
    female is always searching for new for this they have the most numbered visitors in the market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2942282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Hi Fking,

    I think it is probably more a difference in product type than gender. Why not create a page for women's bikes and see if your CTR is higher?

    Oh... and take down your CTRs, that is a serious violation of AdSense policy to post them to a public forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2942575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author barbdear
      Your CTR also has a lot to do with the offers in the Ads ... it's quite possible that there are one or two outstanding offers on your cosmestics page, and just average offers on the bike site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2943124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadamson
    Seems like an interesting topic..

    Similar scenario, I have found that my sites are more successful when I use a female persona, rather than a male one (or myself).

    When I include a picture of a female golfer on my golf sales page I get a higher CTR and higher average visitor time than when I have a male golfer pictured.

    Cheers,
    Dave
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2943166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Billy Rey
    I have to agree with dadamson

    CTR has also been pretty good....guess those ads are very appealing to women

    Of course, it always boils down on how targeted the traffic is.
    Signature

    ✔✔✔Leapfroggr Digital Marketing+SEO Services✔✔✔
    [/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2944836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gjedda63
      I`ve the same thoughts as you because I have an adsense site with the keyword downjacket (not US) which have a sky high ctr compared to my other adsense sites. They all look the same and even have the same basic description. The only difference I would say is that I think that downjackets would be a girly product. I`m going to look for other typical girl products and make sites to see if the teory have some truth.

      Could it be that men are more aware of that adsense ads are paid advertising and girls/women not?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2944889].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fking
        Originally Posted by gjedda63 View Post


        Could it be that men are more aware of that adsense ads are paid advertising and girls/women not?
        I was thinking about that as well. Generally men are more tech savvy, so more of them should be aware/feel what's advertisement and what's not.

        So, that's another reason why female targeted sites would be better.
        Well i'll have to start a few and we will see

        I'll post info as soon as i have it, in the meantime anyone with hard data about this, please do share
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2945444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author walterj79
    If like makes a women feel or look better they are more incline to buy. From household cleaners to food. Women have huge buying power.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2944912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ActionProfits
    That is interesting although I'd say you need a lot more data before coming to that conclusion.

    The text on the page and how targeted the ads are probably have a lot more to do with it than gender.

    If you checked I'd guess the ads for the cosmetics site are much more enticing for clicks than the ads on the bike site, which might just be generic ads for online bike stores.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2944995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aljurians
    because in social networks female llokes very friendly
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2945223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CikaPero
    Cosmetic product is used (bought) on weekly or monthly basis. I buy new bike usually every couple of years. Maybe difference comes from this.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2957068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Well this is very interesting, I am just setting up a new site that is targeted more toward women, so hopefully this is right and I'll get good CTRs
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2957138].message }}

Trending Topics