1st Page of Google and Finally Making Some Adsense Money... and How I got there!!!

by JR9982
43 replies
  • SEO
  • |
First of all I would like to thank the many of you who have posted threads on SEO.
#1st #adsense #finally #google #making #money #page #sports #thesis
  • Profile picture of the author Chris X
    Thats truly an inspiring story, JR!
    Congratulations on reaching there

    All what I conclude (And I always say that) is right efforts in right directions pay off...
    Hard work never goes wasted, people...

    Cheers,
    Sarim.
    Signature
    "A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time." – Henry Ford
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Buyseech
    Hi JR9982,

    its nice to hear these "starting out" success stories. I remember when I was hopping around when I got my first click, than my first 1$ than my first 10$ day etc. All were great and kept me motivated to continue on this journey.

    Just remember the great feeling you got with these 17$ you just made and it will guide you forward to bigger and better things.

    Sincerely, Buyseech
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goclarkanderson
    Great story. I'm working hard to get there. I have a website that I'd like to share with everyone here.
    Its basically a free article submission and translation website. You submit your articles and the website automatically translates it to 56 different languages of the world. What is the result? Your article is reviewed by a diverse audience and you get 56 additional one-way links to each article submission.
    Its great. Here it is:

    Article Translation Free Article Submission Website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BradRich
      Is adsense your only profit center or are you promoting affiliate products as well? Do you keep adsense on the side or sneak it between content?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author essex14
    If you get enough traffic look to monitizing it a different way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by essex14 View Post

      If you get enough traffic look to monitizing it a different way.
      Yeah, I agree i think that for my niche amazon might be good.

      Originally Posted by BradRich View Post

      Is adsense your only profit center or are you promoting affiliate products as well? Do you keep adsense on the side or sneak it between content?
      Adsense is my main source at the moment but as I mentioned I'm working in Amazon and starting a list.

      I have a link unit on the left column next to the navigation, and and big text rectangle in the content, and a skyscraper image on the right column.

      Originally Posted by Buyseech View Post

      Hi JR9982,

      its nice to hear these "starting out" success stories. I remember when I was hopping around when I got my first click, than my first 1$ than my first 10$ day etc. All were great and kept me motivated to continue on this journey.

      Just remember the great feeling you got with these 17$ you just made and it will guide you forward to bigger and better things.

      Sincerely, Buyseech
      It's those little milestones that make the big differences...

      Originally Posted by Sarim View Post

      Thats truly an inspiring story, JR!
      Congratulations on reaching there

      All what I conclude (And I always say that) is right efforts in right directions pay off...
      Hard work never goes wasted, people...

      Cheers,
      Sarim.
      Couldn't agree more!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dwzemens
    Great article and great story. Quick question: How do you put a link or signature in your Yahoo Answers reply?
    Signature

    Adsense no more ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033756].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by dwzemens View Post

      Great article and great story. Quick question: How do you put a link or signature in your Yahoo Answers reply?
      just put the http : // URL. they wont be live links until you make it to level 2. they have this point system and after you reach a certain number of points you get to level 2. it took me 3 days to get to level 2. I answered a whole bunch of easy dumb questions about 13 year old girls and their boyfriends and when was miley cyrus' birthday, not just questions about my niche, I wanted to get to level 2, so that's what I had to do.

      Also stay on the main page and just keep hitting refresh and you will see to the left all the new questions as they come in, most are not even a minute old. I found that if you answer first and it's a good answer, chances are that no one else will comment, or it wont be as good and you get selected as best answer which keeps you on top of the page and gives you more points to get to level 2 faster. (I didnt bother with my URL to the non niche questions, they were just for me to level up)

      I actually got 1 question while doing this refresh method with my keyword in! I couldnt believe it, lol, after answering like 10 dumb questions about who knows what, my keyword question came up, and got a best answer for that one too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flx89
    IM it's like a web , it's very complicated , and there are lot of ways to make more money online . By the way , what is your CPC?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
    Articles
    You might not be able to tell from reading this post but I hate writing... but unfortunately for me Articles have got me the best results in my SEO efforts and good enough results in clicks over to my site, and minimal results in people taking my articles and putting them on their site. So what does that mean? well it means that it is by far the best method I have found to build links and drive traffic.
    Unique content - Textbroker.com - godsend ... 2-3 star quality for 300 - 400 word articles takes < 48 hrs and is great for getting sites - indexed ranked and / or filled out. $7-15 an article... shweeet.

    Wait till you combine other article networks like Niche Press Platinum to your arsenal to post the spun versions for links and or just adding a backlinking service to the ol arsenal of page #1 tactics.

    Congrats and good luck ... now - wait till your #1 on page 1 :-)

    Scale it mate ...

    90% of failure is the STARTING ... keep up the momentum!
    Signature
    Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3034174].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author taffiliae
      QUALITY post JR. Many good points made.

      Keep taking ACTION!

      Perhaps, an up date when you..........
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3034412].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JR9982
        Originally Posted by Azlan View Post

        Very quality post.

        Just keep on taking action and focus....

        Congrats...
        Originally Posted by taffiliae View Post

        QUALITY post JR. Many good points made.

        Keep taking ACTION!

        Perhaps, an up date when you..........
        Thanks!!! and I will Update
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3034462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbraill
    Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. It's all gotta start somewhere and a solid foundation and consistency is better than any quick money scheme.
    Congrats to ya!
    Sher
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3034334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Azlan
    Very quality post.

    Just keep on taking action and focus....

    Congrats...
    Signature

    New WSO - Coming Soon...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3034459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JR9982
    I have an update!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3438416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jsfunstuff
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3438472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author F1SEO
      Thanks for sharing the info JR9982.

      I earn about $100/month from Adsense, and while that's not amazing it pays for fuel and phones so it's not bad. My biggest earners out of that are sites with genuine content that attracts visitors naturally, whereas the sites I took a lot less time on seemed to have done nothing.

      I'm a bit wary of putting all focus on Adsense because it depends on Google, and as we are seeing a change in Google algo can mash things around.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3440370].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JR9982
        Originally Posted by F1SEO View Post

        Thanks for sharing the info JR9982.

        I earn about $100/month from Adsense, and while that's not amazing it pays for fuel and phones so it's not bad. My biggest earners out of that are sites with genuine content that attracts visitors naturally, whereas the sites I took a lot less time on seemed to have done nothing.

        I'm a bit wary of putting all focus on Adsense because it depends on Google, and as we are seeing a change in Google algo can mash things around.
        I know what you mean, that is why im working on building my email and facebook lists, so if google decides to kick me out of adsense I can have those loayal readers, and re-direct them to a new site or a new offer.

        I'm have aslo started to play around with some CPA stuff... we'll see where that goes.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by jsfunstuff View Post

      what a great story i really like the method
      Thanks, I'm glad you like it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dartma
    This is the first post I read on this forum, thank you for sharing. It was very helpful and also was inspiring. Awesome post!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3441530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by Dartma View Post

      This is the first post I read on this forum, thank you for sharing. It was very helpful and also was inspiring. Awesome post!
      Thanks,

      I'm glad I was able to help. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3446304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoman76
    Banned
    Lovely story, congrats with your results. It's unbeleivable that people love plain / ugly designs instead of sites where's really put some work into. Also nice to hear that this article and blog strategy works out so well. Keep up the good work!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3442142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by seoman76 View Post

      Lovely story, congrats with your results. It's unbeleivable that people love plain / ugly designs instead of sites where's really put some work into. Also nice to hear that this article and blog strategy works out so well. Keep up the good work!
      You know, I'm not really sure what it is, but I think that it is the simplicity of it all you know. no distracting images, or crazy colors, just plain and simple, which makes the Google adsense links stand out like a sore thumb.

      I was actually talking to a friend about a similar topic, and i was telling him how Facebook is much simpler and cleaner than myspace. and that might have something to do with the way people perceive it and their willingness to subscribe.

      If you go to their respective pages you will see that the Facebook home page is an optin form really. really simple, you can't get confused on what to do. no crazy images, no distracting text. Just plain and simple, it tells you what it offers and how to get it.

      My space on the other hand is a lot more confusing and it has about 40 different images, and about 50 links you can click on.

      obviously that is not the defining factor to Facebook's success, but I bet that it has something to do with it. after all it is the most filled out optin form in the planet... over 500 million and counting. I read somewhere that by 2012 they would have reached a BILLION subscribers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466130].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WannabeIMR
        This is great to hear being an absolute beginner to adsense my self.

        Good luck to you!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466191].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RossChops
          Good to hear your story! Make sure you keep updating this thread as you hit bif milestone markets like $100 and $1000!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466348].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JR9982
            Originally Posted by RossChops View Post

            Good to hear your story! Make sure you keep updating this thread as you hit bif milestone markets like $100 and $1000!
            I sure will thanks!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3469398].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JR9982
          Originally Posted by WannabeIMR View Post

          This is great to hear being an absolute beginner to adsense my self.

          Good luck to you!
          thanks! if you have any questions let me know
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3467656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author calfred
    Wow, good to see you post your efforts and documenting it here for everyone to see.

    Now you can't afford to skip the work! If you do, the whole warrior forum will know about it!

    We are watching you!

    Congrats on your success there.

    AdSense is all about getting a page ranked highly enough to get clicks (which leads to dollars).

    But in all seriousness, AdSense is the number one business that benefits DIRECTLY from SCALING. This means having more top ranked sites, more writers, more backlinks.

    In this case, the more you have what I described in the previous paragraph, the more money you'll make.

    Please don't take it as you gotta have more in everything! Just those 3; more sites, more writers, more backlinks.
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Goatboy
    I know exactly what you mean about a surge in traffic not translating into additional Adsense money. I have experienced the same situation when one of my blogs was mentioned on a large forum. Traffic to that blog multiplied by a factor of 10 or 15 for several days and then eventually tapered off. During that time the Adsense revenues stayed exactly the same as they always are. None of the visitors converted, because they weren't there to buy, they were there to get the free information that the website provides, which is fine by me.

    On the other hand, when that spike occurred I noticed that Google immediately treated me differently. All of the additional traffic, combined with who knows how many links embedded within that other forum, caused Google to crawl almost all of my site and update most of my pages in its database. Shortly after I noticed the Adsense money began to rise slightly, and with this last algo change the Adsense has tripled.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post

      I know exactly what you mean about a surge in traffic not translating into additional Adsense money. I have experienced the same situation when one of my blogs was mentioned on a large forum. Traffic to that blog multiplied by a factor of 10 or 15 for several days and then eventually tapered off. During that time the Adsense revenues stayed exactly the same as they always are. None of the visitors converted, because they weren't there to buy, they were there to get the free information that the website provides, which is fine by me.

      On the other hand, when that spike occurred I noticed that Google immediately treated me differently. All of the additional traffic, combined with who knows how many links embedded within that other forum, caused Google to crawl almost all of my site and update most of my pages in its database. Shortly after I noticed the Adsense money began to rise slightly, and with this last algo change the Adsense has tripled.
      You're absolutely right, the same thing happened to me. I noticed that I got a lot of links from social media sites and forums, so I noticed a huge jump in rankings for other keywords as well, adsense got a little better as you mentioned.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spradle
    Wow, I loved reading every part of your story. I'm where you were about a million page ranks ago
    Signature

    I think you should Be Free from hatred, stress or anything else bad in your life (:

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HaydenR
    Wow.. congratulations.. nothing like having that first small taste of success.. keep going and you'll be raking in the big bucks in no time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by HaydenR View Post

      Wow.. congratulations.. nothing like having that first small taste of success.. keep going and you'll be raking in the big bucks in no time.
      Thank You,

      it is amazing when you look back at the end of the month statements:

      first month not even a dollar, the second month, 2 or so dollars, next month over $20... it just keeps rolling, every month in better than the next. I had my biggest adsense month in February with close to $200. I would of broke $200 if it were a 31 day month...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3471848].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alileonard
        Nice story, thank you to share it! Ihave some small sites to get up and I tried out xrumer profile links, scrapebox commenting, bookmarking (with different accounts and IPs) I pinged every page of my website to about 3000 whois, statistics and so on services - but still can´t catch up to the first page of google with two of my best keywords that stuck like glue on page 2 (Position 12 and 11... argh!). If I could make it on the first site with thes that would triple my traffic!

        Article marketing won´t work because that site is all in german and there are only a very few artikelsites out in the german market and most of them are no follow. There are no videos that I could create for this and commenting doesn´t bring that effect. So what else could I do? More content for the site itsself? Would be suidoo and hubpages a good way? Isn´t there something else?
        Any tipps would be very nice!

        Cheers, Ali
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474018].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JR9982
          Originally Posted by Alileonard View Post

          Nice story, thank you to share it! Ihave some small sites to get up and I tried out xrumer profile links, scrapebox commenting, bookmarking (with different accounts and IPs) I pinged every page of my website to about 3000 whois, statistics and so on services - but still can´t catch up to the first page of google with two of my best keywords that stuck like glue on page 2 (Position 12 and 11... argh!). If I could make it on the first site with thes that would triple my traffic!

          Article marketing won´t work because that site is all in german and there are only a very few artikelsites out in the german market and most of them are no follow. There are no videos that I could create for this and commenting doesn´t bring that effect. So what else could I do? More content for the site itsself? Would be suidoo and hubpages a good way? Isn´t there something else?
          Any tipps would be very nice!

          Cheers, Ali
          Hey Ali,

          From what I have learned you need to do certain things to be in the first page of google (at least in a medium size market).

          There are no easy fixes, or "one-click" solutions. There are smart strategies, and theories you can follow to expedite the LONG process, but it is all hard (smart) work.

          One thing you can do is to have as many high quality links pointing back to your site as possible.

          So article marketing would work for your backlinking efforts, but obviously not for direct traffic. just one article can get you at least 20 back links by submitting it to different sites.

          to get links "spy" on people who are successful, one thing I did with Market Samurai was to spy on people ranking in EXTREMELY competitive niches and try to see where their links where coming from and try to add mine (well on PR3 sites or higher) It took me at least a week to get 100 links, but I think they were worth while and ultimately got me where I wanted to go.

          Also to be number 1 you need fresh good content (remember, content is king) If your sites are in German then this should be a piece of cake. Find English related websites, read an article, and write it from memory as best you can in German, and you will have a brand new *original* post in the eyes of google.

          I'm bilingual and I have done it the other way around. Translating things into English.

          You could also create a Facebook fan page, and do this dirty little secret I just learnt. you need to go into facebook, create a fan page, use facebook as the fan page (not your personal profile), write a "Note" (you know that little app on the left side of every page) about your site (the works, catchy headline, good content, about 3 lines, and a link to your site)

          now since you have no fans yet (assuming you just built your page) then who in the world is going to see this? well if you look in the Note's options there is a tag feature, much like the photo tag feature, where you click on someone face and add their name and the picture you tag shows on their wall for their friends to see.) Well the notes tag feauture is very similar, but instead of "tagging" a friend you can tag another fan page (of the same or similar niche), ideally one with thousands of fans.

          Once you tage them and submit the note the post will appear on ALL your tagged pages fan's wall's, so a potential of getting a lot of targeted traffic to your site.

          but be careful not to spam, and DONT do it too often. some fan page owners hate this. so you might want to contact them and ask first. up to you.

          But back to your question, being on the first page requires time, and doing the right type of work, I got to the first page, then went back to the second several times before I staid on top.

          Remember Google recently changed their algorithm to make "low quality" sites rank lower, so concentrate on making a quality site much more than anything else.

          thanks!

          JR

          PS
          you cannot make a youtube video on your niche, really?

          I've see an annaconda eat a hippo on there... I doubt you can't find something.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author actionbiz
    Thank you for posting your run down on how you got your site ranking. O am going to give the tagzbook a try. It seems it is taking quite a bit longer for Google to index sites on their own without doing anything so I was searcing for someone with a simple suggestion.
    I don't like going after to many backlinks and bookmarks right out of the gate seems to me Google has a problem if you have 100 bookmarks and backlinks and no traffic to your site yet.
    Anyway thanks again for the rundown.
    Barry
    375
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by actionbiz View Post

      Thank you for posting your run down on how you got your site ranking. O am going to give the tagzbook a try. It seems it is taking quite a bit longer for Google to index sites on their own without doing anything so I was searcing for someone with a simple suggestion.
      I don't like going after to many backlinks and bookmarks right out of the gate seems to me Google has a problem if you have 100 bookmarks and backlinks and no traffic to your site yet.
      Anyway thanks again for the rundown.
      Barry
      375
      No problem Barry,

      by the way I no longer use tagzbook, you can do the same with digg, stumbleuppon, and twitter. Those 3 have been working good for me.

      tagzbook was good, but the site stopped working for me a few times I wanted to use it, so I don't bother anymore.

      By adding a social plugin to my site, I just click on the buttons when I post a new article. I have a fan page on facebook, so usually by posting it there people "like" it or re-post it. that get's things indexed fast too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author walksonthebeach
    Banned
    hard work truly pays off!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesMSpacey
    Nice one mate and thanks for sharing. I love stories like these and could read them all day.

    Just a quick comment on something you said in particular...

    Originally Posted by JR9982 View Post

    Article Marketing
    ...I am a believer now.
    I know how that feels. I got my 'revelation' on article links when I checked EZA and found a heap of links that were broken in my articles (I'd sold these sites). I went through them and and just replaced them with a link to a crappy 2 page blogger site I had. I then did the same in GoArticles and Hubpages for the same links. In 2 weeks the site went from non-existent to #1 for a brand name keyword above the offical brand site. I did absolutely nothing else. It's since dropped to #2, but has pulled $20-$30/mth Adsense every month from that 15 minutes of editing.

    jms
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by JamesMSpacey View Post

      Nice one mate and thanks for sharing. I love stories like these and could read them all day.

      Just a quick comment on something you said in particular...



      I know how that feels. I got my 'revelation' on article links when I checked EZA and found a heap of links that were broken in my articles (I'd sold these sites). I went through them and and just replaced them with a link to a crappy 2 page blogger site I had. I then did the same in GoArticles and Hubpages for the same links. In 2 weeks the site went from non-existent to #1 for a brand name keyword above the offical brand site. I did absolutely nothing else. It's since dropped to #2, but has pulled $20-$30/mth Adsense every month from that 15 minutes of editing.

      jms
      James,

      that is amazing, and I take my hat off to you sir.

      Article marketing is awesome. You've just got to find a way of making it work for you.

      and Thank You for you comment!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VOnline
    Great job and great tips!
    Glad to see you are still working on it now. How are you doing now and how much has that $20 changed?
    Signature
    WardrobeStaples.com
    Pleasures of Effortlessly Receiving New Wardrobe Essentials Every Month


    Feel good about throwing out old clothes because you know there’ll be a new one waiting for you at the door.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3474671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JR9982
      Originally Posted by VOnline View Post

      Great job and great tips!
      Glad to see you are still working on it now. How are you doing now and how much has that $20 changed?

      VO online,

      thanks! I'm doing well, if I don't make $20 in 5 days now (on that particular site) it's a bad times!

      I have several other sites now, but I still use that one to test strategies. Like this weekend, I started a new goal, getting as much facebook traffic as I do from google. I'm was up till late hours working on facebook, and its paying off, I've added 200 fans to my page from 11pm to 1 am hours!

      facebook is amazing. just trying to learn the ropes and turn fans into traffic and traffic into money.

      I love my niche site. It is about something im passionate about and it is my first "successful" site, it is not perfect by any means, but that site has thought me A LOT!


      Thanks,

      JR
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3477806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JR9982
    Thanks for all your questions and comments!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756554].message }}

Trending Topics