How do I go about promoting my SEO services business?

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Warriors,

Greetings of the Day!

Over the last few months, I've learned SEO and have played with a few of my websites. I made some mistakes, but then I learned and corrected them; and eventually did well for some of them. It is with this practice that I now feel I'm ready to start offering SEO services to other businesses.

I stay in India, and I want to target businesses across the globe to be my customers. I'm having a couple of other friends joining me in this, and they're pretty good at the game as well. What I'm trying to find out is some ways that I can go by and get some clients to outsource work to me.

I plan to offer 4-5 packages, with prices ranging from $300 - $2,000 a month. Keeping this in mind, how should I go about finding prospects?

Things I can currently think of:
1. Get a website and offer them a Free Site Analysis, and thereby get their contact information to follow-up via e-mail. (Should I also try to follow-up via phone?)
2. Bid on freelancing websites and get projects. (Success Rate expected to be low)

What else can I do? My networking in the region I stay isn't that great as of now; so that option is pretty much closed for me right now. I'll do it, over time.

I would appreciate any views and ideas on this one.

[@Moderators: I think this is the appropriate section for this thread, as we're talking about promoting a business, and not learning about SEO processes. Thanks ]
#business #promoting #seo #services
  • Profile picture of the author ornhs
    Put up your site's keyword optimization is the best promotion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3123998].message }}
  • If you are going to be teaching and showing others or offering SEO servioces (presumably to gain a better search engine position) shouldn't you be using SEO to gain new customers?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lazy
    Your idea about site analysis is spot on. Why don't you use your SEO skills to get that page to a high rank, and then explain how you did it right there on that very page. I do SEO on a much smaller, local level. I actually go door to door and offer my services.
    Signature
    WARRIORS ONLY: Get up to 100,000 verified high PR backlinks as soon as tomorrow! RAVE REVIEWS!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      Originally Posted by Lazy View Post

      Your idea about site analysis is spot on. Why don't you use your SEO skills to get that page to a high rank, and then explain how you did it right there on that very page. I do SEO on a much smaller, local level. I actually go door to door and offer my services.
      So do you have a presentation when you go door to door?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8387179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TristanPerry
    Yep, your two ideas sound good.

    But as Internet_Corp has said, if you're offering SEO services then it'd make sense to have good SEO and get some good rankings since that's the best testiment to your services.

    (Can you imagine if a web design firm hired someone else to create their portfolio website? Naturally if potential clients found this out, they almost definitely wouldn't buy from the web design firm. The same principle applies here )
    Signature
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wassim
    I don't want to be tough on you, but if you're truly ready to offer SEO Services, you wouldn't be asking such a question.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gekko2.0
      Originally Posted by wassim View Post

      I don't want to be tough on you, but if you're truly ready to offer SEO Services, you wouldn't be asking such a question.
      I agree....you have been doing this for a couple of months and think your ready to start charging people as a professional?
      Signature

      Increasing Conversions Is Kinda My Thing.....PM Me If You Are Interested In Doubling Your Conversion Rate

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    Just do for your own website what you would do for your customers websites.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Dalangin
    Like wassim, I am just reversing my answer. Put a website and list down all the keywords you already got and focus on keywords that your potential customers might search.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackpot9
    Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

    Hello Warriors,

    Greetings of the Day!

    Over the last few months, I've learned SEO and have played with a few of my websites. I made some mistakes, but then I learned and corrected them; and eventually did well for some of them. It is with this practice that I now feel I'm ready to start offering SEO services to other businesses.

    I stay in India, and I want to target businesses across the globe to be my customers. I'm having a couple of other friends joining me in this, and they're pretty good at the game as well. What I'm trying to find out is some ways that I can go by and get some clients to outsource work to me.

    I plan to offer 4-5 packages, with prices ranging from $300 - $2,000 a month. Keeping this in mind, how should I go about finding prospects?

    Things I can currently think of:
    1. Get a website and offer them a Free Site Analysis, and thereby get their contact information to follow-up via e-mail. (Should I also try to follow-up via phone?)
    2. Bid on freelancing websites and get projects. (Success Rate expected to be low)

    What else can I do? My networking in the region I stay isn't that great as of now; so that option is pretty much closed for me right now. I'll do it, over time.

    I would appreciate any views and ideas on this one.

    [@Moderators: I think this is the appropriate section for this thread, as we're talking about promoting a business, and not learning about SEO processes. Thanks ]
    Hi!
    First of all, get your main business website up and ready and the services you provide and the prices. Next thing is to start up a thread on WSO and offer SEO services that you offer on your website slightly cheaper for warriors. If your seo kung fu is good, i'm almost certain you would have a very large base of returning customers from warriorforum alone. (myself included) Then think of attracting customers from search engines in the long term?

    Looking forward to your WSO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

    Hello Warriors,

    Greetings of the Day!

    Over the last few months, I've learned SEO and have played with a few of my websites. I made some mistakes, but then I learned and corrected them; and eventually did well for some of them. It is with this practice that I now feel I'm ready to start offering SEO services to other businesses.

    I stay in India, and I want to target businesses across the globe to be my customers. I'm having a couple of other friends joining me in this, and they're pretty good at the game as well. What I'm trying to find out is some ways that I can go by and get some clients to outsource work to me.

    I plan to offer 4-5 packages, with prices ranging from $300 - $2,000 a month. Keeping this in mind, how should I go about finding prospects?

    Things I can currently think of:
    1. Get a website and offer them a Free Site Analysis, and thereby get their contact information to follow-up via e-mail. (Should I also try to follow-up via phone?)
    2. Bid on freelancing websites and get projects. (Success Rate expected to be low)

    What else can I do? My networking in the region I stay isn't that great as of now; so that option is pretty much closed for me right now. I'll do it, over time.

    I would appreciate any views and ideas on this one.

    [@Moderators: I think this is the appropriate section for this thread, as we're talking about promoting a business, and not learning about SEO processes. Thanks ]
    Have you tried doing some SEO to promote your business? You ca get some really great traffic with this method. Many sellers of such services also. Many thanks and karma, bye.ktnx
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8387252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smithjames758
    I am also new in Seo friends if you have more knowledge you can send me massage personally


    Thanks & Regards
    James smith
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8387597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon Farmer
      Hey buddy,

      You must know at least ten people that run their own business. Not Internet Marketers, but real brick and mortar businesses.

      So...

      Step 1: Contact them and offer them "mates rates" if they let you SEO their site for them. (If they don't have a site then make them one also)

      Step 2: After you've ranked those sites you should have some sites that you can show off to prove that you have some badass SEO skills.

      Step 3: Get more local clients using you "proof sites" and by:

      A: Ranking your own SEO site locally.
      B: Contacting local businesses.

      Step 4: You should now have even more proof so use it to set up and sell a WSO for your services.

      Hope this helps.

      - Simon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8388143].message }}

Trending Topics