Funny how people on here say do not worry about Page Rank

66 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
#funny #page #people #rank #worry
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    I never recommend getting backlinks from high pr sites. Mainly because it is a crock of ****. Page ranks are for pages only. The Warrior Forum is a great example of this. The last I checked the index here is a PR 5. So folks stuff their sig files with anchor text links hoping to capitalize on the high pr of this site. But unless your link is on the index of this site then you will not get credit for the high page rank.
    Signature

    When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
      Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

      I never recommend getting backlinks from high pr sites. Mainly because it is a crock of ****. Page ranks are for pages only. The Warrior Forum is a great example of this. The last I checked the index here is a PR 5. So folks stuff their sig files with anchor text links hoping to capitalize on the high pr of this site. But unless your link is on the index of this site then you will not get credit for the high page rank.
      I tend to agree but wanted to highlight the part in bold. If you're getting a link from a PAGE that has high PR, that can be of (significant) value, especially in highly competitive niches.

      SEO's who control multiple blogs/sites that have high PR pages on the can easily distribute the juice to the new sites they're looking to promote.
      Signature
      Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

      Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaineCoon
    What's your input to post comment of have your forum sig on a high PR PAGE (not main index.html)? like PR 4, 5, 6, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704840].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kazlas
      Page rank does matter. I can tell from my own experience, I was building high domain PR backlinks to my site and it was climbing rank by rank in first page. Then, I've blasted my site with scrapebox with ton of random links, and pretty much nothing happened as I've epxected. In less than a week I've got 1,8k links with scrapebox and I was confident I would destroy the competition, however, I assume due to the poor link quality, my site climbs slowly as if I was still only profile linking to it.

      I am pretty sure that domain PR does matter. Think about SEnuke, it builds plenty of web 2.0 properties, which will, most of the time, never reach PR higher than 0, however, these properties do rank and help ranking other sites in google. Don't underestimate PR, it worked for me.
      Signature

      If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704899].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        You have never heard me say that PR does not matter.
        It's not then end all to end all, but it's part of google's
        search parameters. Why would you not go after as
        high a PR backlink as possible? I would certainly not
        got for a backlink on a PR n/a page unless I was assured
        of some great, targeted click-thru traffic.

        The best of both worlds is a high PR backlink that will get
        targeted click-thrus as well.

        But PR matters. The founders of google invented it and google
        still uses it. But there is a whole host of things involved. Saying
        PR does not matter is the same thing as saying content does not
        matter. Or title does not matter. You can't delete something on
        the list of good things simply because it's only one small part.
        The small parts make up the whole. I go for as many parts as
        possible.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704992].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          In every area of IM - SEO - etc - you'll find those who are on both sides of a fence they have erected for themselves. Sometimes statements are made to get attention to a product or theory.

          I've seen the same people who post "PR is irrelevant" later post "what PR does that site have". Really - if it's irrelevant, what does it matter? If a PR5 blog owner and a PR0 blog owner ask me to contribute an article - which one do you think might interest me?

          PR can be manipulated to some extent - and can be faked, which is a bigger concern. Yet, outside the IM niche of sales pages and new sites, you don't find many top ranked sites in google with PR0 for the index page. A site can have great PR and not be profitable - but a site can be near the top of google search and not be profitable as well.

          To me, PR is just another measure of a site. Sometimes all it tells me is that a site has been online for a while - but that's good to know, too.

          kay
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

          I'm going to work on being less condescending
          (Condescending means to talk down to people)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vexo
    @mattlaclear
    Page ranks flows. If the main domain is pr5 then the other pages will rise faster in pr as opposed to create more pages on a pr 0 domain.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704963].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Vexo View Post

      @mattlaclear
      Page ranks flows. If the main domain is pr5 then the other pages will rise faster in pr as opposed to create more pages on a pr 0 domain.
      Prove it...

      Maybe it USED to flow...but it no longer really does. The overall trust rank of a site matters, not overall page rank since it differs on every page. It does not flow, a profile link on a high PR domain means as much as a profile on a pr n/a site.

      I believe page rank still has value in rankings, but not as much. I would much rather worry about keyword research and just overall promotion of the website in general, than what pagerank the domain has.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CikaPero
    I think what people are saying that with all other things being equal a backlink from a high PR page is more valuable then backlink from a low PR page.

    But other things are never equal
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704985].message }}
  • Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
    What people (like me) are saying is that fretting over PR is a bad waste of time. Getting links from high PR pages is not end all either. Some think that getting high PR inbounds is a sure fire way to get higher ranking and higher traffic levels. THAT WAS TRUE AT ONE TIME........4 years ago.

    Now the link value is based more on relevance. Page rank has become a red herring.

    Why do I say this with conviction? Because I've seen this reality play out on all of our blogs and sites - real world examples - not theory. We get thousands of unique visitors a day on PR zero domains that pay very well. We also get thousands of unique visitors a day on PR 4-5 domains, but they pay and convert badly.

    When you judge what you read on forums like these, follow the money. I trust the people who are earning serious money, and when I say serious money, I mean enough to pay for a mortgage payment, vehicle payment, all the bills - a full time living.

    When someone claims to be an expert and they make 10-30 dollars a month and have been in this game for a year, forget about it. I learned early that I had to trust the people who are earning $5000, $10000, $15000 a month at least, and have been doing so for more that 3 years consistently.
    Signature
    Adsense screenshots - Finally make a serious income with your own business blogs - we write your content and get you started and OUT OF THE GATE the RIGHT way! No gimmicks. Clean and safe work process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.
    You've hit on the really rubbish advice that is in vogue here by MANY. problem is a lot of people consider themselves SEOs because they can run backlinking software.

    POINT ONE

    PR is NOT meaningless. Page rank is a measure of the quality of links that are linking to you. having A high Pr does not mean that you will rank for a term. that depends and will always depend on your on page content and anchor text incoming l links

    However a high PR link with your targeted keywords as your anchor text will beat a link with zero or N/A pagerank EVERY TIME. anyone who says different run away from them. REGARDLESS of anchor text a high Pr page is valuable to any Imer because the page can be used to link to other of the iIMers sites and with anchor text.

    POINT TWO

    PR applies to the PAGE. There is some indication that sites have authority but thats probably only related to the overflow of a high Pr page on the site (as the pr flows through the rest of the site.)

    You should also run away form anyone that tells you that a bunch of PR 0 and NA links will assure your dominance of Google. For weak terms the anchor text will help and every link that is followed can help but for most truly competitive terms - terribly misunderstood what is really competitive) you will not hold the top spot without some high PR page links. thats why despite all the hype of buyng backlinks packages and services many people never get to the top of Google.

    The results on the weak competition terms are used to make blanket statements that are totally false.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      The results on the weak competition terms are used to make blanket statements that are totally false.
      I call that SEO parlor tricks.

      Man, Mike A., that was one terrific post. I'd vote that as post of
      the friggin' week! I gotta bookmark this thread.

      PR does have something to do with SERPs. It's get you in the ballgame
      with a chance to win.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    I got to agree with PaulG & Mike Anthony here. From years of experience I've noticed that PR DOES matter. Only recently I had an EMD that was ranking in the top 5 with a PR of 1. Since the Farmer Update it has lost PR and its on Page 4...this site was a regular earner...this is one of many examples I have.

    If you haven't got any PR then you probably won't notice, but for those who have acquired it and lose it, chances are you will feel it when you lose rankings!

    Just my opinion.
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705301].message }}
    • And in the end, no matter what side the argument you (we) are on, it comes down to how much money you are making.

      Just keep on testing all theories for yourself, and at some point you start to earn.

      Kay is so right when she states;

      "....you'll find those who are on both sides of a fence they have erected for themselves. Sometimes statements are made to get attention to a product or theory."

      Some earn their money from selling their products, some from Adsense, some from Affiliate programs, but experienced people usually make money from various streams of income.

      Just keep on testing for yourself and you will develop your own opinion on how important PR is.
      Signature
      Adsense screenshots - Finally make a serious income with your own business blogs - we write your content and get you started and OUT OF THE GATE the RIGHT way! No gimmicks. Clean and safe work process.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
    Well 7 months is not that long to expect your PR to change. Also Google only publicly updates PR rankings every few months so privately to Google you may have a higher PR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpears
    What people are telling you is that YOUR PR doesn't matter. Who gives a ****e what your page rank is as that doesn't get you any traffic or money. But when you are getting back links to your site, then PR counts, and the higher the better as the more PR a page has, the more link juice it will flow to your page. The more link juice you get to your page, the higher it should climb in the SERP, and thus should flow more traffic.
    Signature

    Tim Pears

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705599].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markowe
      Originally Posted by timpears View Post

      What people are telling you is that YOUR PR doesn't matter. Who gives a ****e what your page rank is as that doesn't get you any traffic or money. But when you are getting back links to your site, then PR counts, and the higher the better as the more PR a page has, the more link juice it will flow to your page. The more link juice you get to your page, the higher it should climb in the SERP, and thus should flow more traffic.
      What he said ^^^.

      When people say PR doesn't matter, it's usually in response to people fretting about their OWN site PR - which I would have to concur is a waste of time, since it has little to do with your ranking for any given keyword. Backlinking from a high-PR PAGE (or possibly a page of a high-PR domain) IS beneficial to your site's ranking - that much is pretty much agreed on by everyone.
      Signature

      Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by timpears View Post

      What people are telling you is that YOUR PR doesn't matter. Who gives a ****e what your page rank is as that doesn't get you any traffic or money.
      Most people in IM do not have one site so their own PR DOES matter and it DOES get them traffic. Linking from my PR 4/5/6 page to my other page on another site I want to get ranked leads to that linked page rising in the serps.

      More traffic . More money for it. Plus my higher PR page attracts people who want a link and are willing to give me a link from another property (therefore not reciprocal)
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705723].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scott g
        I didn't feel like reading all the above ^^^^ posts so bite me if I repeat something.

        There's a difference between whining and complaining that your site's PR is stuck at ZERO or ONE or WHATEVER. Who cares... You shouldn't.

        If you're getting some DoFollow High PR backlinks Google likes that... Helps you move vertically in the SERPS for your targeted keywords (granted your targeting any).

        My sites are all PR0 and I outrank lots and lots of much older, higher PR similar niche (if that's what you want to call it) sites.

        I for one don't really care if it's a NoDofollow PR N/A 012345678... A backlink is a backlink is a backlink to me. If you're On-Site optimization is golden, then you're golden and moving up in the SERPs should be easy. If I stumble upon a DoFollow High PR page and can get an anchor text backlink off of it... Well then GREAT! If not... No woopty...

        I think the DoFollow trickle effect is a load of crap personally... Where you post a backlink on mydomain.com/a/b/c/d/e/post100111022.html

        mydomain.com is a PR6 (OMG ) but page /a/b/c/d/e/post100111022.html is a PR N/A. You're not getting a PR6 backlink... That's why Warriors selling that junk "HIGH PR BACKLINKS" or even better "HIGH PR PROFILE BACKLINKS" is crap...

        Oh and Google does count NoFollow backlinks... If someone is thinking from reading this "NoFollow's are worthless and don't count for anything."

        Don't listen to me though I don't know anything about anything. :p

        CHEERS!

        </steeeeeeeeeeeeam>
        Signature
        scott g
        "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705791].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Ditto...

          Originally Posted by scott g View Post

          I didn't feel like reading all the above ^^^^ posts so bite me if I repeat something.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707184].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author timpears
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Most people in IM do not have one site so their own PR DOES matter and it DOES get them traffic. Linking from my PR 4/5/6 page to my other page on another site I want to get ranked leads to that linked page rising in the serps.

        More traffic . More money for it. Plus my higher PR page attracts people who want a link and are willing to give me a link from another property (therefore not reciprocal)
        Sure, that is a valid point. But why waste time fretting over your PR? Just go out and get links from high PR pages. You are spending time fretting about something that you have little control over, and Google only updates PR about four times per year, so it isn't going to change very quickly.

        So quit whining about ****e that you can't control, and do something you can control. Get those links from high PR pages, and everything else will take care of itself.
        Signature

        Tim Pears

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707577].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jazbo
        Seriously Mike - What????

        We should care about our own PR because we can create link networks. That's you expert view? Seriously?



        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Most people in IM do not have one site so their own PR DOES matter and it DOES get them traffic. Linking from my PR 4/5/6 page to my other page on another site I want to get ranked leads to that linked page rising in the serps.

        More traffic . More money for it. Plus my higher PR page attracts people who want a link and are willing to give me a link from another property (therefore not reciprocal)
        Signature
        CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
        Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3711186].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by jazbo View Post

          Seriously Mike - What????

          We should care about our own PR because we can create link networks. That's you expert view? Seriously?
          Seriously? What part of me saying that most people have more than one site to rank did you not understand? it was all in English. They don't have to create a network. they can have just two other sites.

          Hands up how many people have more than one site to rank pages on?


          So my expert view?

          YES. I care about my pagerank. IF I have enough links coming to one of my sites and it has PR4 juice running to it why in Sam's Hilll would I not want to run that to one of my other sites and help it rank? and why would I not care to get those kinds of links to my site so that I can funnel it on to another site I own so they both can be helped in their rankings? Whats the beef?

          This place gets like the twilight zone sometimes.

          Or are you the only one joining Matt's TOTALLY ridiculous conclusion that links on HIGH PR pages are not a factor but a total myth in helping to rank a site? Granted he needs the company.

          yes PR of the page linking to you does matter because the more PR there is the more weight the link will carry and the more it will boost your page.
          Oh Okay. So Matt is still alone on that.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713190].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post


            Oh Okay. So Matt is still alone on that.
            Hey Mike,

            Sorry, I'm confused on this...I don't think Matt was actually saying this, right? He said that having a link on a PAGE with high PR would definitely be beneficial, but having a link on a N/R page of a blog/site where only the home or index page has high PR is weak...you would agree with that, right?

            Since Matt provides high-volume SEO, of course he doesn't take the time to get high PR links...along with the fact that his customers probably target pretty low-comp keywords. Would you go through the hassle of trying to get serious links for a) a customer that's paying very little and b) a site that won't be too difficult to rank anyway?

            Nobody can seriously be going to him with keywords like "real estate" and "insurance quote" and expect first page for very little $$, I'm sure. In fact, it's probably more often that people go to him with keywords like "tinkerbell costume designs" that have crap searches and very little competition, heh.
            Signature
            Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

            Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713418].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by TryBPO View Post

              He said that having a link on a PAGE with high PR would definitely be beneficial, but having a link on a N/R page of a blog/site where only the home or index page has high PR is weak...you would agree with that, right?
              yes I would agree with that. In my early post I made it very clear that links FROM a page that has Pr is what I was and am talking about. In this and other threads Matt has played that down and in one stated it was an out and out myth. Thats the whole reason he keeps taking about him ranking other people's sites with Pr O blogs. So its link building that is in focus and why it is so ridiculous. Sorry if you were confused.

              Since Matt provides high-volume SEO, of course he doesn't take the time to get high PR links
              I'm going to have to pull back on the Matt angle . The only reason the whole issue is brought up was because it was offered as evidence for supporting the ridiculous notion that PR has no great value in link building

              I've used profile links (I found on my own that had a good link structure) and got to PR 1 but it certainly does NOT mean that high PR pages as a ranking factor is a myth. The Pr is flowing from other pages at a very weak level and then when you put enough of them together you get the strength of a PR1. Even on that level the Home page usually with other high PR pages is adding some fractional juice to that resulting PR 1.


              . Would you go through the hassle of trying to get serious links for a) a customer that's paying very little and b) a site that won't be too difficult to rank anyway?
              I take no exception to that rationale or to any service like that. it is what it is and may be good for what it does. My only exception is that you don't take what happens in weak serps and make a rule across the board for what part high PR links play in general. They ARE important and sooner or later as your site grows and you want to get more traffic and build out your sites it becomes an issue if you take what applies to weak competition to climb into more competitive ones. See it everyday with people wondering no matter what they have done with link packages their sites won't move.

              I'm sure. In fact, it's probably more often that people go to him with keywords like "tinkerbell costume designs" that have crap searches and very little competition, heh.
              Yes. exactly. Internet marketers do have a high percentage of Made for adsense, affiliate sites etc. they do TEND to go after weaker competition to begin with. You can rank many such sites easily but then they stall out when they move to real traffic.

              However Many Imers have chosen niches that are more competitive. They come in and hear these ridiculous things and then fail. Worse their niche changes and becomes competitive. Classic example -.

              Angela paved the way for backlink packages and used to rank top position for the term backlinks just using profile backlinks. Now if you go through that search results you will see that its the sites with high Pr links that are ranking not the ones that only have a bunch of forum links.

              You can see that in the serps. From the competitive research I do on all kinds of keywords its relatively rare to see terms where sites rank well with just PR 0 links. I almost always see some high PRs among the leaders. Thats why I said the evidence is right there in the serps. Nex time you do a search for a fairly popular term check the backlinks and see if there are not some High pr link s holding up the top results.

              In fact here;s a tip. Use SEoquake do your keyword research and check the front page. If you see the top five with PR 2s and below there is an EXCELLENT Chance you can get there relatively easy. Zeros. Stop the presses you can get there in no time.

              People forget that PR is the measure of the strength of the links coming into that page. High Pr may not translate into higher serps because of the anchor text and on page issues but a very low Pr page is telling you it has no strong link juice in any niche.

              Good talking to you.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713775].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                You can ply that utterly false information here all you want. I don't need pemisison to debunk it to save warriors from making mistakes when the encounter real competition based on totally ludicrous advice. I really don't have to go any further for anyone that knows SEO. Links on High Pr pages is myth as a ranking factor ? LOL Ok matt.

                Hardly thats ALWAYS the game played. Its always a sliding scale as to what competition means. Most people have no clue. Want a competitive serp "extremely difficult" (yeah right) here

                real estate - Google Search

                life insurance - Google Search

                marketing - Google Search

                job search - Google Search

                Go ahead and get to work and prove in those serps that HIgh Pr of links is is not a ranking factor. You are impressed with your testimonials in wso thread (I've seen those on garbage products in the droves)?

                Show it in the serps. thats where all SEOs show their proof. No one said you can't rank in some weaker terms with pr zeros only. Its you claiming that PR as a ranking factor for a link is a myth that is totally ridiculous and a prime example of just bad SEO advice.


                Wrong. a few months back you had a guarantee for first page placement (not the one you have now). You want to sit there with a straight face and claim everyone got a first page placement in a time frame they were happy with? I'll call lie there myself. thats the whole point of a guarantee. if it doesn't work out you give the money back. No one is lying about your services but you are trying to make this entire thread and every thread you bring up this myth about your services.
                Now on the 90 days I could be wrong but not on the nature of your guarantee. No. You want to claim that getting high PR links is a myth as a ranking factor then go ahead and show it in the serps. it seems you can't make a point on SEO without pointing back to your sales thread.
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                I can. show it in the serps
                Its where EVERY SEO worth his sauce does it. You get no free pass away from that.

                What a duck and weave you did there. I'm not in your SEO niche mate. I don't do SEO for $79 . I deal with real businesses. My customers aren't going to come into WF forums and post reviews. LOL. you have no idea of how SEO works in the larger world do you?

                Again You can't seem to make a point on SEO without reference to that sales page of yours. I've given you props for helping people who haven't done much with their sites but you are going to have to do alot better (but you can't of course) to prove that HIgh PR links is not a ranking factor in SEO.

                Sorry but at this this point I can only conclude that you are making totally ridiculous claims for no other apparent reason than to sell your service. There is NO SEO I know that does not admit that a high on page PR link is a ranking factor (one of many of course) . its TOTALLY ridiculous and of all the advice I have seen in the last few months thet advice to newbies that on page High PR links is not a factor for SEO but a myth is the ABSOLUTE WORSE.

                No wonder you stay away from really competitive niches. If you believe what you are selling its because you can't handle really competitive niches.

                You can show all kind of people and testimonials. Line em up but what you can't fudge and is open for anyone to analyze is the search engine result pages and the competition on it. Put the serp up for analyzing. Floor is open. Bring the evidence. Google is right there for us all to look at and use a s the onlyevidence that matters. Show us there for once without pointing to your sales page or "testimonials".
                Originally Posted by TryBPO View Post

                Hey Mike,

                Sorry, I'm confused on this...I don't think Matt was actually saying this, right? He said that having a link on a PAGE with high PR would definitely be beneficial, but having a link on a N/R page of a blog/site where only the home or index page has high PR is weak...you would agree with that, right?

                Since Matt provides high-volume SEO, of course he doesn't take the time to get high PR links...along with the fact that his customers probably target pretty low-comp keywords. Would you go through the hassle of trying to get serious links for a) a customer that's paying very little and b) a site that won't be too difficult to rank anyway?

                Nobody can seriously be going to him with keywords like "real estate" and "insurance quote" and expect first page for very little $$, I'm sure. In fact, it's probably more often that people go to him with keywords like "tinkerbell costume designs" that have crap searches and very little competition, heh.
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                yes I would agree with that. In my early post I made it very clear that links FROM a page that has Pr is what I was and am talking about. In this and other threads Matt has played that down and in one stated it was an out and out myth. Thats the whole reason he keeps taking about him ranking other people's sites with Pr O blogs. So its link building that is in focus and why it is so ridiculous. Sorry if you were confused.

                I'm going to have to pull back on the Matt angle . The only reason the whole issue is brought up was because it was offered as evidence for supporting the ridiculous notion that PR has no great value in link building

                I've used profile links (I found on my own that had a good link structure) and got to PR 1 but it certainly does NOT mean that high PR pages as a ranking factor is a myth. The Pr is flowing from other pages at a very weak level and then when you put enough of them together you get the strength of a PR1. Even on that level the Home page usually with other high PR pages is adding some fractional juice to that resulting PR 1.


                I take no exception to that rationale or to any service like that. it is what it is and may be good for what it does. My only exception is that you don't take what happens in weak serps and make a rule across the board for what part high PR links play in general. They ARE important and sooner or later as your site grows and you want to get more traffic and build out your sites it becomes an issue if you take what applies to weak competition to climb into more competitive ones. See it everyday with people wondering no matter what they have done with link packages their sites won't move.

                Yes. exactly. Internet marketers do have a high percentage of Made for adsense, affiliate sites etc. they do TEND to go after weaker competition to begin with. You can rank many such sites easily but then they stall out when they move to real traffic.

                However Many Imers have chosen niches that are more competitive. They come in and hear these ridiculous things and then fail. Worse their niche changes and becomes competitive. Classic example -.

                Angela paved the way for backlink packages and used to rank top position for the term backlinks just using profile backlinks. Now if you go through that search results you will see that its the sites with high Pr links that are ranking not the ones that only have a bunch of forum links.

                You can see that in the serps. From the competitive research I do on all kinds of keywords its relatively rare to see terms where sites rank well with just PR 0 links. I almost always see some high PRs among the leaders. Thats why I said the evidence is right there in the serps. Nex time you do a search for a fairly popular term check the backlinks and see if there are not some High pr link s holding up the top results.

                In fact here;s a tip. Use SEoquake do your keyword research and check the front page. If you see the top five with PR 2s and below there is an EXCELLENT Chance you can get there relatively easy. Zeros. Stop the presses you can get there in no time.

                People forget that PR is the measure of the strength of the links coming into that page. High Pr may not translate into higher serps because of the anchor text and on page issues but a very low Pr page is telling you it has no strong link juice in any niche.

                Good talking to you.
                No testimonials eh? That's fine. Those without them usually argue their points with rhetoric. It's my belief that our testimonials prove our system works. I can set up a pr0 site on a.info site for less than $1. As long as you have private registration on it and another 100 sites you will get all the rankings you can ever want. Just make sure to host the 100 sites on at least 10 separate C Class IP's.
                Signature

                When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3727869].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

                  No testimonials eh? That's fine. Those without them usually argue their points with rhetoric
                  And those that don't know what they are talking about in SEO can't show it in any Serps. You got shown actual results. Raw data. If you know how to do backlink research you would see the high Pr pages looking right at you. Your claim that serps are rhetoric is the only rhetoric.

                  Made it very clear. I deal with REAL businesses Matt not MFas, Affiliate websites and make money online sales pages. I've seen your testimonials. Most of the people there are newbies with long tails or guys setting up their 100th one page website. One even said he was ranking for a term with less than 3,000 searches for the month. He was so happy I almost cried (just playing man)

                  Wow great competition (Weak weak stuff)

                  Meanwhile we all know that testimonials in a WSO are all real and a sure fire sign of an outstanding product :rolleyes:

                  Sorry you don't understand the business world but I would never ask a business to post in a Internet marketing forum. But hey if they paid $79 I guess I could afford to bother them with settling an online forum squabble.


                  As long as you have private registration on it and another 100 sites you will get all the rankings you can ever want. Just make sure to host the 100 sites on at least 10 separate C Class IP's.
                  Then stop dodging Matt Since Pr zeros can get you all the ranking you would ever want. Lets do it. I'll pick a keyword You put your 100 .info Pr zeros up against Pr 0 - 4s and see if you don't get smoked.

                  Sheesh you do realize how silly you are sounding to anyone who knows any SEO.? But hey I guess you are after the newbies with those comments. Sell on man just don't try and float that deceptive nonsense in the forums.

                  Everyone knows PR on a link is a ranking factor. They learned that from their first REAL link building campaign and in SEO grade school.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3728364].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            IF I have enough links coming to one of my sites and it has PR4 juice running to it why in Sam's Hilll would I not want to run that to one of my other sites and help it rank? and why would I not care to get those kinds of links to my site so that I can funnel it on to another site I own so they both can be helped in their rankings? Whats the beef?

            This place gets like the twilight zone sometimes.
            In other words .... You inter link all your money sites pages with PR ... to the others - in order to help them rank.

            Not everyone subscribes to that practice as a "good" idea.
            Signature
            Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720371].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Grant
              Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

              In other words .... You inter link all your money sites pages with PR ... to the others - in order to help them rank.

              Not everyone subscribes to that practice as a "good" idea.
              It's a terrible idea.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720891].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by Mike Grant View Post

                It's a terrible idea.
                as opposed to "mininets" right? LOL

                Every Idea is terrible if you don't have the knowledge to properly implement it. but no sorry. wrong. Not my idea to link them all. When you do more SEo research you will see that partner sites link to each other all the time and in real competitive serp it becomes a major factor.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3726995].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

              In other words .... You inter link all your money sites pages with PR ... to the others - in order to help them rank.

              Not everyone subscribes to that practice as a "good" idea.
              Negative. Try using my words not your other words. I do not interlink all of them. Using one site to link to another way in no way implies that they are all interlinked. You made up the "all" there.

              "one of my other sites" does not equal all - in my dictionary at least..

              Like I said sometimes this place is like the twilight zone
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3726975].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Negative. Try using my words not your other words. I do not interlink all of them. Using one site to link to another way in no way implies that they are all interlinked. You made up the "all" there.

                "one of my other sites" does not equal all - in my dictionary at least..

                Like I said sometimes this place is like the twilight zone
                I apologize for implying incorrect information Mike.

                I got the impression you were interlinking them.
                Signature
                Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3727798].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

                  I apologize for implying incorrect information Mike.

                  I got the impression you were interlinking them.
                  Actually I owe you an apology after that response. I honestly thought you were taking a dig. No like you said if you do that you will leave a very easy to spot pattern that will be discounted etc.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3728451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CrimsonTide
    Very insightful information here.... Thank you all for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3706482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JackPowers
    Page Rank (used in the algo) is updated continously. Page Rank as shown in the toolbar is only updated sporadically.

    That is why you can't count on the toolbar Page Rank to be precise.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HKSEO Rotzee
    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?

    A link with PR is worth more than a link without PR. An indexed link is worth more than an unindexed link. A service like us sells links that have that weight behind them because it's worth more than a random forum blast of PR NAs.

    That said, for YOUR purpose PR is meaningless. A near infinite number of search results have a PR0 or PRNA as the first hit. Your site, for example, gets tons of traffic so presumably it ranks well for your terms. (Unless your lying) PR in your example is a worthless measurement.

    Now if you want to sell links or use links from your site to boost other sites, it has meaning. Otherwise, it's but a small blip in your SERP ranking signals.

    Make sense?
    Signature
    Linklicious.me - Pings your links until Google crawls 'em. Drips out links at your rate.
    OneHourBacklinks.com - FAST link building service. Index, high PR, d0follow options.
    Drip Feed Links - Automated Link Building Service - SEO Blasts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    PR isn't important, what's important is the authority that most times (not always) goes with a high PR page.

    Exceptions...

    I have plenty of authority backlinks, that are PR0 from wiki. Sure, I can here some of you now "But wiki is nofollow", apparently Google doesn't give a $hit If wiki has nofollow or not.

    Back to a wiki PR0...

    When I create a new wiki backlink it's PR0 (up from PRn/a) most times the same day. My new PR0 wiki backlink page, might have 20+ other high PR4-6 authority wiki internal pages pointing at my new page. Wiki kicks a$$ for authority backlinks & I could care less about any nofollow, it's irrelevant.

    My point is, all backlinks are not equal. A PR0 wiki (nofollow) authority backlink, will smoke a weak PR0 profile (followed) link any day of the week.



    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
    Whats your game fella? This is your 2nd nonsensical post railing on the information here and people providing it to you ...

    If you've been at this for 7 months and havent yet sorted the difference between what PR means for a backlink and what PR means to your site for SERPS ... then you havent learned or retained much in your time here.

    If a sites PR on its own got it to rank then people buying expired domains with PR would be dominating the serps with those sites.

    By all means - if you want to get your site to rank in Google's SERPS with PR - you go.

    In the timeless words of Abe:

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    Signature
    Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707327].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post


      If a sites PR on its own got it to rank then people buying expired domains with PR would be dominating the serps with those sites.
      but , but, but they are.

      IF by that you mean expiring not deleted domains. Seriously if you aren't seeing it in the serps then you are not looking enough. Thats one of the reasons the prices have jumped. Now a lot of people don't know how to do it and what to look for when buying. Problem is a ton load of bought High Pr domains are no longer High Pr domains by the time they are bought. They just haven't had the PR updated yet. But theres no question a nicely built High Pr network built with some High Pr domains can do wonders in the serps provided they retain the links that gave them the PR..

      guys post is not nonsensical at all. You might not like its implications but that doesn't make it qualify for nonsensical. More people should raise issues about some of what goes for SEO "knowledge" here.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707454].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        but , but, but they are.

        IF by that you mean expiring not deleted domains. Seriously if you aren't seeing it in the serps then you are not looking enough. Thats one of the reasons the prices have jumped. Now a lot of people don't know how to do it and what to look for when buying. Problem is a ton load of bought High Pr domains are no longer High Pr domains by the time they are bought. They just haven't had the PR updated yet. But theres no question a nicely built High Pr network built with some High Pr domains can do wonders in the serps provided they retain the links that gave them the PR..

        guys post is not nonsensical at all. You might not like its implications but that doesn't make it qualify for nonsensical. More people should raise issues about some of what goes for SEO "knowledge" here.
        WTF Mike?

        People buy high PR domains to make a link network - that points the HIGH PR Page links at their $$$ sites.

        who buys a aged High PR 4 domain like kobes-gay-and-lesbian-fan-club.com and monetizes it with a Dating ebook and expects that to rank for "get my ex back" ???

        what are you saying?

        In regards to what i put in red. Yes agreed. It can - but ONLY by using keyword rich anchor text links to the pages YOU WANT TO RANK.

        Your mixing oranges and apples ... PR on a page doesnt give it SERP fortitude. KW rich anchor text links off the page with PR "helps" give the page that the links point to SERP fortitude for the keywords in said anchor text links.

        Would 10 diff. links off 10 diff PR 4 pages all with the anchor text of [ GO HERE ] help the site/page those links point to RANK for the term Loan Modification in the serps? ... or would those 10 PR4 links just pass a bunch of link juice and authority?

        PR of the site is a factor of its serp to be sure ... but its been proven time and time again to be far secondary to rankings than say sheer volume and qty of links with KW anchor text ...

        I know you know all this ... so Im baffled by your post honestly.

        I must be missing something.
        Signature
        Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707522].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

          WTF Mike?

          People buy high PR domains to make a link network - that points the HIGH PR Page links at their $$$ sites.
          We must be missing each other. I totally agree. Thats exactly what I meant. As you said who would buy a domain without pointing links to real sites? That to me is implied in the whole idea of buying domains so yes those who buy for that purpose (because there is no other purpose unless you get really fortunate and get one that has anchor text for a lucrative niche) buy it to point at other domains and rank those sites.

          So they are dominating with those sites in that those sites links are causing them to rank. thw hole purpose of buying domains to begin with.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708028].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            Maybe that's the real point - there are ways to use PR to your benefit. Worrying about whether your pages have PR isn't one of them.

            Linking from my PR 4/5/6 page to my other page on another site I want to get ranked leads to that linked page rising in the serps.
            Yup - and it's a great way to quickly index a new site, too.
            Signature
            Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

            I'm going to work on being less condescending
            (Condescending means to talk down to people)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708728].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

              Maybe that's the real point - there are ways to use PR to your benefit. Worrying about whether your pages have PR isn't one of them..
              I guess I didn't take the OP as seriously as others about worrying. I don't worry about PR but I do find it important for the reasons I listed.

              \
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708796].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                I guess I didn't take the OP as seriously as others about worrying. I don't worry about PR but I do find it important for the reasons I listed.

                Mike...

                OK we are now seemingly on the same wave length here for the topic of why most people doing SEO would buy a "network" of expired domains with PR. A link network.

                This is not the OP's first go round at stirring the pot with a big wooden spoon and heading for the hills, after making a non-sensical statement about ...

                "Why all the people say PR of his site doesnt mean squat for SERPS - when the same people are all trying to pimp him high PR backlinks ..."

                OP is clueless.
                Signature
                Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3709534].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

                  "Why all the people say PR of his site doesnt mean squat for SERPS - when the same people are all trying to pimp him high PR backlinks ..."

                  OP is clueless.
                  Maybe but I dont think so. The problem is in addressing people who are worried about Pagerank. I have seen threads where people actually go overboard and say things like PR doesn't matter at all. Its confusing to newbies. and besides we have at least one person in this thread that states that high PR even for LINKING is a myth and several people on Warriors swear by his services because they saw a boost for some weak terms.

                  I do feel for people that are not full on SEO types. Theres a whole lot of nonsense being pushed.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3710847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonsean
    pr determines the reputation of the site and Google like high pr ranking sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
    IF by that you mean expiring not deleted domains. Seriously if you aren't seeing it in the serps then you are not looking enough
    So then youre saying i can buy a domain with PR5 that has zero anchor text backlinks pointing to it for the term "get my ex back" .. but has hundreds of links with anchor text for the terms "ex plent corp" "go here" - "About Us" ...

    that because by the sheer fact it has PR5 - it will outrank sites with less PR or NO PR - but that have 10's of thousand of anchor text backlinks with the kw search terms "get my ex back" ? Ive not seen that to be the case. and its what I meant by the OP's infatuation with PR ... does he want to use the site to sell links or rank it .. or... is it like a trophy? He was also pretty pumped on the Alexa rank? is the OP just a site flipper?


    Thats one of the reasons the prices have jumped. Now a lot of people don't know how to do it and what to look for when buying. Problem is a ton load of bought High Pr domains are no longer High Pr domains by the time they are bought. They just haven't had the PR updated yet
    Not sure what this has to do with the topic ...

    But theres no question a nicely built High Pr network built with some High Pr domains can do wonders in the serps provided they retain the links that gave them the PR...
    How so? See here youre discussing a PR network of sites - presumably you build a network in order to get High PR links? or ... perhaps some folks just like to collect PR domains as trophies? Enlighten us please.
    Signature
    Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    I have grabbed 1800 page one rankings for Warriors in the last 11 months using mainly pr0 blogs. So you guys keep on preaching about PR all you want. I'll stick to the system we currently have in place if it is all the same to you.
    Signature

    When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708764].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

      I have grabbed 1800 page one rankings for Warriors in the last 11 months using mainly pr0 blogs. So you guys keep on preaching about PR all you want. I'll stick to the system we currently have in place if it is all the same to you.
      Matt you have been in about three different threads with the almost identical post about your service. Worse in one of them you actually said that PR as a LINK FACTOR to ranking is a total myth.

      Thats probably the most irresponsible calling of a myth I have seen on these boards and to me highlights the nature of Bad IM Seo regardless of its populairty.

      Since you want to put it out there as a point lets be fair and make a few notes

      A) you turn down and refund what you call greedy keywords. other people would call these competitive keywords. So you are selective toward weaker keyword and competition.

      B) in your own thread where you offer the services there are people who do not get on the front page for their niche. You merely refund them.

      C) since its 90 day out guarantee its a good bet that some just don't call back on the refund,

      So basically you throw up links and if keywords that are weak stick you get to not issue a refund and what doesn't you give back. Its a nice gig and its good that people who have done nothing real with their site before your services (as most on WF) get some results but it is far and away from the evidence that high PR links are a myth for ranking in competitive niches.

      Like I said before people use these weak competition results and try to make claims that are not supported by the facts. NO? Fine You pick 10 Of your best PR 0 pages and we put it up against 10 PR 4 and your "network" pages will get blown away.

      I may be wrong but I suspect you know better and are just posturing. Anchor text link being equal the evidence that a high Pr link is more valuable that a PR 0 and N/a is overwhelming.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3708887].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Matt you have been in about three different threads with the almost identical post about your service. Worse in one of them you actually said that PR as a LINK FACTOR to ranking is a total myth.

        Thats probably the most irresponsible calling of a myth I have seen on these boards and to me highlights the nature of Bad IM Seo regardless of its populairty.

        Since you want to put it out there as a point lets be fair and make a few notes

        A) you turn down and refund what you call greedy keywords. other people would call these competitive keywords. So you are selective toward weaker keyword and competition.

        B) in your own thread where you offer the services there are people who do not get on the front page for their niche. You merely refund them.

        C) since its 90 day out guarantee its a good bet that some just don't call back on the refund,

        So basically you throw up links and if keywords that are weak stick you get to not issue a refund and what doesn't you give back. Its a nice gig and its good that people who have done nothing real with their site before your services (as most on WF) get some results but it is far and away from the evidence that high PR links are a myth for ranking in competitive niches.

        Like I said before people use these weak competition results and try to make claims that are not supported by the facts. NO? Fine You pick 10 Of your best PR 0 pages and we put it up against 10 PR 4 and your "network" pages will get blown away.

        I may be wrong but I suspect you know better and are just posturing. Anchor text link being equal the evidence that a high Pr link is more valuable that a PR 0 and N/a is overwhelming.
        You have been pounding the same drivel on all those threads as well. When I see false information hurting Warriors I'll speak up. With or without your permission of course.

        A) Read our very long list of reviews and you will see we rank extremely difficult keywords for Warriors every day. So your point is totally debunked.

        B) Incorrect. We never refund campaigns we have started working on. Mainly because we always get the campaigns we are working on to page one. So now you're not merely incorrect. Now you're straight up lying about our services.

        C) Again I do not even give 90 day guarantees. So is that another lie?

        So looking forward to your rebuttal.
        Signature

        When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3710895].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

          You have been pounding the same drivel on all those threads as well. When I see false information hurting Warriors I'll speak up. With or without your permission of course.
          You can ply that utterly false information here all you want. I don't need pemisison to debunk it to save warriors from making mistakes when the encounter real competition based on totally ludicrous advice. I really don't have to go any further for anyone that knows SEO. Links on High Pr pages is myth as a ranking factor ? LOL Ok matt.

          Read our very long list of reviews and you will see we rank extremely difficult keywords for Warriors every day. So your point is totally debunked
          Hardly thats ALWAYS the game played. Its always a sliding scale as to what competition means. Most people have no clue. Want a competitive serp "extremely difficult" (yeah right) here

          real estate - Google Search

          life insurance - Google Search

          marketing - Google Search

          job search - Google Search

          Go ahead and get to work and prove in those serps that HIgh Pr of links is is not a ranking factor. You are impressed with your testimonials in wso thread (I've seen those on garbage products in the droves)?

          Show it in the serps. thats where all SEOs show their proof. No one said you can't rank in some weaker terms with pr zeros only. Its you claiming that PR as a ranking factor for a link is a myth that is totally ridiculous and a prime example of just bad SEO advice.


          Incorrect. We never refund campaigns we have started working on. Mainly because we always get the campaigns we are working on to page one. So now you're not merely incorrect. Now you're straight up lying about our services.
          Wrong. a few months back you had a guarantee for first page placement (not the one you have now). You want to sit there with a straight face and claim everyone got a first page placement in a time frame they were happy with? I'll call lie there myself. thats the whole point of a guarantee. if it doesn't work out you give the money back. No one is lying about your services but you are trying to make this entire thread and every thread you bring up this myth about your services.
          Again I do not even give 90 day guarantees. So is that another lie?

          So looking forward to your rebuttal.
          Now on the 90 days I could be wrong but not on the nature of your guarantee. No. You want to claim that getting high PR links is a myth as a ranking factor then go ahead and show it in the serps. it seems you can't make a point on SEO without pointing back to your sales thread.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Like I said before people use these weak competition results and try to make claims that are not supported by the facts. NO? Fine You pick 10 Of your best PR 0 pages and we put it up against 10 PR 4 and your "network" pages will get blown away.
        I missed this challenge the first time I read your post. I have a better idea for a challenge. How about we compare testimonials? I can think of no better way to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges amongst seo "professionals".
        Signature

        When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3710914].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

          I missed this challenge the first time I read your post. I have a better idea for a challenge. How about we compare testimonials? I can think of no better way to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges amongst seo "professionals".
          I can. show it in the serps
          Its where EVERY SEO worth his sauce does it. You get no free pass away from that.

          What a duck and weave you did there. I'm not in your SEO niche mate. I don't do SEO for $79 . I deal with real businesses. My customers aren't going to come into WF forums and post reviews. LOL. you have no idea of how SEO works in the larger world do you?

          Again You can't seem to make a point on SEO without reference to that sales page of yours. I've given you props for helping people who haven't done much with their sites but you are going to have to do alot better (but you can't of course) to prove that HIgh PR links is not a ranking factor in SEO.

          Sorry but at this this point I can only conclude that you are making totally ridiculous claims for no other apparent reason than to sell your service. There is NO SEO I know that does not admit that a high on page PR link is a ranking factor (one of many of course) . its TOTALLY ridiculous and of all the advice I have seen in the last few months thet advice to newbies that on page High PR links is not a factor for SEO but a myth is the ABSOLUTE WORSE.

          No wonder you stay away from really competitive niches. If you believe what you are selling its because you can't handle really competitive niches.

          You can show all kind of people and testimonials. Line em up but what you can't fudge and is open for anyone to analyze is the search engine result pages and the competition on it. Put the serp up for analyzing. Floor is open. Bring the evidence. Google is right there for us all to look at and use a s the onlyevidence that matters. Show us there for once without pointing to your sales page or "testimonials".
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kysersoze
    There is still a place and some importance on PR especially if the site with PR is relevant to your site and there is a one way do follow link. It isn't the end all solution to getting better ranking for your site but it definitely provides a boost.

    Be careful with people buying expiring domains with PR and then throwing a 3 page site (usually an ugly Wordpress theme, basic Artisteer stuff) and then trying to sell links from such a website as a valid PR site. Usually that site will lose it's PR in the next update. Most newbies buy these links not knowing they are buying from a site which won't retain it's PageRank. Most of these sites are also link farms with a bunch of out bound do_follow links which really dilutes the link juice to your website.

    I have an 9 month old website which is a PR2, quality articles on a specific topic and I rank on the first page for a competitive word, almost every site for this term on the first page is PR3 to PR4 yet I rank better than 7 of them with a lower PR ona relatively new site, been on the first page for 4 months now. I have build quality backlinks from article directories, high PR relevant sites, SB, posts and more.

    I believe it is still helpful to have quality links from authority sites which are relevant to your website but nothing beats good old quality content to help Google value your website!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3709115].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Kysersoze View Post


      I have an 9 month old website which is a PR2, quality articles on a specific topic and I rank on the first page for a competitive word, almost every site for this term on the first page is PR3 to PR4 yet I rank better than 7 of them with a lower PR ona relatively new site, been on the first page for 4 months now. I have build quality backlinks from article directories, high PR relevant sites, SB, posts and more.

      I believe it is still helpful to have quality links from authority sites which are relevant to your website but nothing beats good old quality content to help Google value your website!
      Hi Kysersoze.

      I'm a great believer in content but I think sometimes people make a little bit more of beating a higher PR page in the serps. In many cases you are outranking a site that is not competing for those terms so in essence you really are not beating them they aren't even in the race. You may be right that its your content or it could be because the highter Pr page decided to go with another keyword leaving you with a low competition keyword (which is good too depending on the traffic)
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3709163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Google.me
    Getting backlinks from high PR sites dnt really mean much depends on the many factors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3710913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    I think the point that is obvious and being missed is that people like ME tell people like you to stop worrying about your OWN sites PageRank.

    PR of your pages does not = higher SERP rankings.

    But in terms of GETTING links that will improve your rankings, yes PR of the page linking to you does matter because the more PR there is the more weight the link will carry and the more it will boost your page.

    The point is, that many here are missing, is that people keep posting that THEIR sites pages PR is not going up. People like me point out that the PR of their own pages is utterly irrelevant for ranking.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3711154].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HKSEO Rotzee
      Originally Posted by jazbo View Post

      I think the point that is obvious and being missed is that people like ME tell people like you to stop worrying about your OWN sites PageRank.

      PR of your pages does not = higher SERP rankings.

      But in terms of GETTING links that will improve your rankings, yes PR of the page linking to you does matter because the more PR there is the more weight the link will carry and the more it will boost your page.

      The point is, that many here are missing, is that people keep posting that THEIR sites pages PR is not going up. People like me point out that the PR of their own pages is utterly irrelevant for ranking.
      Makes sense to me...I think most of us might unknowingly be speaking a different language. I find it hard to understand why this is hard to understand
      Signature
      Linklicious.me - Pings your links until Google crawls 'em. Drips out links at your rate.
      OneHourBacklinks.com - FAST link building service. Index, high PR, d0follow options.
      Drip Feed Links - Automated Link Building Service - SEO Blasts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by jazbo View Post


      But in terms of GETTING links that will improve your rankings, yes PR of the page linking to you does matter because the more PR there is the more weight the link will carry and the more it will boost your page.
      Well Jazbo, that's exactly what the point of high PR backlinks!

      Of course I did forget to mention the other part. Authority.
      Authority is also passed on, depending on the authority of the
      site. Similar to that old parlor trick of matt cutts ranking for viagra
      or something.

      And that's why sig links on the WF matter. The WF has great
      authority. So just like the matt cutts example, that post had zero
      PR, but man the authority...

      Just like wikipedia. Many pages have PR n/a, and yet do a search
      for a celebrity, fact, etc. and that darn wikipedia comes up #1.

      So if you want to toss a little authority into the mix...

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
    Mike,

    Was just checking to make sure we were on the same page and we both understood...completely agree with the points in your last post.
    Signature
    Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

    Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3719299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prasanth5
    A recent research has shown that 98% of people see only the first page of the search results!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonbuzz
    Banned
    I dont care about page rank...all I do is that I find blogs that is fully related to my niche and then i put my comments and I started to see some of my sites are ranking on google..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparckyz
    If PR was irrelevant --

    Why bother inventing it as a factor?

    & why invent the nofollow tag too restrict link juice?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by sparckyz View Post

      If PR was irrelevant --

      Why bother inventing it as a factor?

      & why invent the nofollow tag too restrict link juice?

      Ahhhhhhhhh....logic!

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3728065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trang
    Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post

    I find it odd that a lot of people on here say to NOT worry about Page Rank however they recommend getting back links from HIGH PAGE RANK sites.

    The other day a dude on here told me that basically I was being a crybaby because I was complaining/frustrated that my Page Rank was still a zero but when you looked at his Back linking service gig he was selling "High Page Rank" back links.

    My site is going on 7 months old and I still have a Page Rank of Zero and this should not be a concern for me?

    According to people selling these back link packages Page Rank seems to be very important because that is what they are selling.

    If page rank is not that important then why do they insist to get back links from High Page Ranked sites?

    Why should I kill myself creating back links from High Page Ranked sites if "Page Rank" is not important?
    PR does carry a heavy weight to the SERPs but to improving our PR, you will need a legit PR that can carry lots of Weigth to your site or you will not able to upgrade for the next udpate
    Signature
    I want to do electrolysis hair removal but does it hurt?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3720942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dusty7969
    Page rank is huge. I spent a lot of time trying to develop backlinks with scrapebox to rank a page to no avail. One dofollow link from a P.R. 4 blog and it went to the first page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3781873].message }}

Trending Topics