Mesothelioma site on the first page on GOOGLE, how much should i ask?

11 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi guys !

I have a mesothelioma website on the firs page on Google. With how much money should i sell it?

Thank for your response
#google #mesothelioma #page #site
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Hi karismasand,

    Generally speaking, it would not be wise to value a website based on the ranking of one of it's pages for one particular keyword. You might be able to come up with a reasonable valuation if you had many pages ranking highly for many different valuable keywords.

    Valuation should be based primarily on historical earnings allowing for any possible or likely changes in the earnings trend.

    How long has it been in position #1? Is it being propped up temporarily by QDF or temporarily placed high value backlinks? Without knowing more, there is no way to provide a reasonable valuation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Yeah, that and what is the real keyphrase it ranks for.

      This thread ranks #1 for: Mesothelioma site on the first page on GOOGLE

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Alves
    Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

    Hi guys !

    I have a mesothelioma website on the firs page on Google. With how much money should i sell it?

    Thank for your response
    It doesn't matter if it's on the first page of Google if it is getting no traffic. The traffic matters the most when selling a website. If you are getting a good amount of traffic coming from the ranked keyword, then you should be able to sell it for a pretty good price. However, I can't comment on the price right now because there is a lot of different variables.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    Are you ranking #1 for "mesothelioma"? If so, then you might be able to ask for over 30k easily.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3713685].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scott g
      Considering one successful Asbestos Meso case can make a firm over a million easy... Depending on the keywords you rank for... You may be able to sell the site for anywhere from $10k to $100k.

      Hell I might even be interested. I was offered an Accutane site for not a bad price IMO, but Accutane cases don't bring the cash flow or settle near as fast as Meso and other cases... Plus there are too many Accutane generics and the drug has been around since the 70's... I'm getting off point.

      Depending on the organic traffic you are getting from the SERPs (and the keywords you rank for) and what kind of site content-wise it is exactly, you may be able to get a very pretty penny.

      The Meso (Asbsetos) niche, if that's that it is, is very competitive. And CPC amounts are VERY high.

      CHEERS!


      P.s. You would probably be better off selling a monthly subscription to a law firm for Meso lawsuit leads.
      Signature
      scott g
      "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714515].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Gullibility factor?

        How old is the site - what is the exact keyword searched for - how much money does the site earn monthly and how long has it earned that amount - how many uniques a day?

        Assuming local search isn't involved (should be a given, but who knows?) - how could anyone put any $$$ figure on a site without the basic information above?

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
        ***
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvo
    This is true that your site is nothing if it does not get enough traffic.However still you can make a try with it and placing it in site like flippa for auction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rauff007
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scott g
      Sent you a PM regarding your site and targeted keyword rankings... I would say your site is VERY much STILL in the making... Like I said the "Meso (Asbesotos)" niche is a very, VERY competitive niche...

      A site ranking #1 for Asbsetos Mesothelioma could probably sell for a cool million... No joke.

      CHEERS!
      Signature
      scott g
      "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714634].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author karismasand
        Originally Posted by scott g View Post

        Sent you a PM regarding your site and targeted keyword rankings... I would say your site is VERY much STILL in the making... Like I said the "Meso (Asbesotos)" niche is a very, VERY competitive niche...

        A site ranking #1 for Asbsetos Mesothelioma could probably sell for a cool million... No joke.

        CHEERS!
        Thank you Scott for the reply and PM. I will work hard on this and i think in one year to be on first page and sell the site with some money. Until now i push up 2 site in the first page, one retarded to life insurance (About 8,840,000 results) and another (About 62,700,000 results ).

        I look into my analytics account and the stats are next: for Mar 16, 2011 - Apr 15, 2011

        Google Organic - 65 uv
        Countries/territories - United States - 29

        If one of these visitors would be call a mesothelioma lawyers company, they could earn a few million, right?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3716578].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scott g
          Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

          Thank you Scott for the reply and PM. I will work hard on this and i think in one year to be on first page and sell the site with some money. Until now i push up 2 site in the first page, one retarded to life insurance (About 8,840,000 results) and another (About 62,700,000 results ).

          I look into my analytics account and the stats are next: for Mar 16, 2011 - Apr 15, 2011

          Google Organic - 65 uv
          Countries/territories - United States - 29

          If one of these visitors would be call a mesothelioma lawyers company, they could earn a few million, right?
          Don't ever look at total number of competing pages/search results... It doesn't mean anything.

          Focus on EXACT LOCAL MONTHLY SEARCHES. LOCAL = US (or whatever country you are from) the Adsense is big for both of those niches.

          If a lawyer's company (or whatever you wan to call it :p) visits your site right now they won't pay attention to it... If you have #1 rankings for legal sites like I do then you might have lawyers calling you up to refer cases! LOL! I'm in a different situation than you though right now.

          Qualified lead generation/origination is BIG MONEY! Gotta do it right and rank your site right... Then you've got to find who to sell/refer to.

          CHEERS & GOOD LUCK!
          Signature
          scott g
          "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717077].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author karismasand
            Originally Posted by scott g View Post

            Don't ever look at total number of competing pages/search results... It doesn't mean anything.

            Focus on EXACT LOCAL MONTHLY SEARCHES. LOCAL = US (or whatever country you are from) the Adsense is big for both of those niches.

            If a lawyer's company (or whatever you wan to call it :p) visits your site right now they won't pay attention to it... If you have #1 rankings for legal sites like I do then you might have lawyers calling you up to refer cases! LOL! I'm in a different situation than you though right now.

            Qualified lead generation/origination is BIG MONEY! Gotta do it right and rank your site right... Then you've got to find who to sell/refer to.

            CHEERS & GOOD LUCK!
            Thank you very much and good luck to you !
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717885].message }}

Trending Topics