All my websites disappeared from Google!

59 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Guys:

I have been creating links with scrapebox using private proxies for my websites and in a matter of two weeks my pages have completed disappeared from google and my traffic is almost none (8 websites in total)

What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

Thanks
#disappeared #google #websites
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    Stop spamming links and build your business properly - that always works.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Faber
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Stop spamming links and build your business properly - that always works.
      I agree 100%. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that it wouldn't have happened anyway. One of my newer blogs (in the consumer electronics niche, not anything related to IM), with 100% original content, built as part of a 6 year old domain that still gets plenty of traffic, was up to about 1,650 visitors a month.

      About 3/4 of the visitors came through organic search for about 15 different keyword phrases. About 3 weeks after the last major Google update, the blog got dropped from Google for most of those keywords low enough that it's not getting any traffic for them anymore.

      I have natural backlinks from authority sites in my niche pointing to the blog, in addition to natural forum links and links from other blogs. No matter, in the space of one day, my search engine traffic was down 90%. Normally, if something like this happens, it comes back in a matter of days. So, far, although it looked as if it was going to come back, it is still gone.
      Signature
      For Killer Marketing Tips that Will Grow Your Business Follow Me on Twitter Now
      After all, you're probably following a few hundred people already that aren't doing squat for you.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826200].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cfl
        Originally Posted by Steve Faber View Post

        I agree 100%. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that it wouldn't have happened anyway. One of my newer blogs (in the consumer electronics niche, not anything related to IM), with 100% original content, built as part of a 6 year old domain that still gets plenty of traffic, was up to about 1,650 visitors a month.

        About 3/4 of the visitors came through organic search for about 15 different keyword phrases. About 3 weeks after the last major Google update, the blog got dropped from Google for most of those keywords low enough that it's not getting any traffic for them anymore.

        I have natural backlinks from authority sites in my niche pointing to the blog, in addition to natural forum links and links from other blogs. No matter, in the space of one day, my search engine traffic was down 90%. Normally, if something like this happens, it comes back in a matter of days. So, far, although it looked as if it was going to come back, it is still gone.
        ..Thanks for Nice Information , I was also facing the problem , but not all sites its only happned with my one keyword ,
        Signature
        Professional Organic Website Marketing & Ethical White Hat SEO services Provider

        Monthly SEO services started from $ 99
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3842944].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Fullman
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Stop spamming links and build your business properly - that always works.
      What...like these guys, Andy?

      It's not always as black 'n white as you think.

      Steve
      Signature

      Not promoting right now

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Stop spamming links and build your business properly - that always works.
      So you're the resident expert on backlinking methods? If so it is a pleasure to meet you. If not then you're giving advice on a topic that you know absolutely nothing about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3830027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Stop spamming links and build your business properly - that always works.

      Does that mean you don't even try and get links, you just let nature take it's course?

      Surely not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3843596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggingPro
    Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

    Guys:

    I have been creating links with scrapebox using private proxies for my websites and in a matter of two weeks my pages have completed disappeared from google and my traffic is almost none (8 websites in total)

    What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

    Thanks
    By disappear do you mean you just don't rank for your keywords or you have been completely de-indexed?
    Signature
    You're going to fail. If you're afraid of failure then you do not belong in the Internet Marketing Business. Period.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
      Originally Posted by BloggingPro View Post

      By disappear do you mean you just don't rank for your keywords or you have been completely de-indexed?
      Both.
      De-indexed and not ranking for keywords.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
    Any ideas to solve it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826232].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author briantalk
      Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

      Any ideas to solve it?
      Follow Google's TOS and you will have less to worry about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3856522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamuraiKat
    Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

    Guys:

    I have been creating links with scrapebox using private proxies for my websites and in a matter of two weeks my pages have completed disappeared from google and my traffic is almost none (8 websites in total)

    What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

    Thanks
    So are you asking how to you return your spam back to the internet? Please study the farmer/panda algo update and restate your question.
    Signature

    For the best Workers Compensation Lawyer, goto www.CompLegal.com.au Let me know if you are needing a home bowling alley

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
      Originally Posted by SamuraiKat View Post

      So are you asking how to you return your spam back to the internet? Please study the farmer/panda algo update and restate your question.
      By spam you mean creating backlinks?
      All my sites are 100% original content.
      Surely I am the only internet marketer who create banklinks to his sites...yeah right!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomaspaylor
    Give the poster a break guys, just because he is using scrapebox doesn't automatically mean he has been spamming thousands of sites with irreverent comments. Srapebox can be an invaluable tool when used correctly to find quality links.

    To get your site re-indexed, add some quality unique content, ping and social bookmark those pages and try and get a few authority links (PR4+) from good relevant sites.

    You will be back in no time.

    Hope this helps.
    Signature
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Neromancer
    Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

    Guys:

    I have been creating links with scrapebox using private proxies for my websites and in a matter of two weeks my pages have completed disappeared from google and my traffic is almost none (8 websites in total)

    What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

    Thanks
    Might be the google dance but Jeesh scrapebox?? If you want to build out without doing the actual work try SENuke x . . . Also you can burn aproxy or if you are using proxies make sure that they aren't recycled stuff from other marketers Hope it helps . . .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SB274
      For getting out of the sandbox, I would suggest getting some good quality edu/gov links and make sure your on-page seo is perfect.
      Signature
      "Make it so today is not like yesterday, and tomorrow will be different forever." -Anthony Robbins
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rich77sm
    were you using google analy/webmaster tools and such??
    its not scrapebox!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author diondevelopment
    Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

    Guys:

    I have been creating links with scrapebox using private proxies for my websites and in a matter of two weeks my pages have completed disappeared from google and my traffic is almost none (8 websites in total)

    What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

    Thanks
    You were removed from Google for scraping content off of other sites and just dumping it into your own. They don't like unoriginal content. Start writing your own articles. Don't just expect to get rich off of other peoples hard work.
    Signature
    Landing Page Creator - Landing & lead page creation software powerful enough to create entire websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826665].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bozigian
      My guess.

      If Google all of a sudden sees hundreds or thousands of links on a website in one day then maybe they will deindex it because obviously that is blackhat to get backlinks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826695].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hybridmoment1904
        Put up some good content and just wait it out. It sucks big time but it happeneds. Work on your next site and try not to make the same mistake(sometimes its hard i know). Good luck.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826719].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
          Originally Posted by hybridmoment1904 View Post

          Put up some good content and just wait it out. It sucks big time but it happeneds. Work on your next site and try not to make the same mistake(sometimes its hard i know). Good luck.
          That's exactly the problem!
          I don't know what I did wrong because I did what everybody else does: backlinks!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3827867].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
            Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

            That's exactly the problem!
            I don't know what I did wrong because I did what everybody else does: backlinks!
            There is nothing wrong with getting backlinks. There is something wrong with spamming backlinks.

            I'm assuming that you spammed a bunch of blogs using scrapebox. What I don't understand is how you don't know why you're de-indexed. Google obviously realized you were spamming, and deindexed your site. Hopefully this is only a temporary problem.

            For the record, I am not insulting your tactics because I have done the exact same thing. I have about 20 websites, and I personally spammed one of them using scrapebox. The one that I used scrapebox with, went down a week later, so I know exactly where you are coming from.

            It sounds like it's not the amount of backlinks you created, but the types. You are unlikely to get flagged by mass creating forum or directory links because google won't pick them all up at the same time.

            Google crawls blogs like mad though, so if you mass comment spam, then google will find all those links at the exact same time (or near the same time).... VERY BAD THING!

            ========================================

            Also, if all your comments say relatively the same thing (ie generic spam), google is capable of recognizing that it is spam.

            That being said, I was a little surprised when my site went down, because of the logic that google can't possibly penalize you for getting backlinks. Otherwise, we could all nuke our competitors with scrapebox.

            So I don't really know how google does it. But to me it seems rather obvious that you WERE spamming, and google CAUGHT you.

            I really don't understand why you're confused....
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3828134].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
              Originally Posted by co2 View Post

              There is nothing wrong with getting backlinks.
              For the record, I am not insulting your tactics because I have done the exact same thing. I have about 20 websites, and I personally spammed one of them using scrapebox. The one that I used scrapebox with, went down a week later, so I know exactly where you are coming from.
              Were you able to get that site back?
              If so, how?

              What other methods of backlinks are you guys using?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3829391].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
                Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

                Were you able to get that site back?
                If so, how?

                What other methods of backlinks are you guys using?
                Well, it went down about a month and a half ago, and it still hasn't come back. This site is still in the google index though, so I'm not too worried. A site penalized for backlink velocity or spam almost always returns eventually. But sometimes it can take a really long time.

                However, I would be worried if my site was completely out of the google index.

                You may have already heard about this, but if you go to google.com and type in site: www.yourdomain.com .... you will be able to see whether your site is still in the google index. If that's the case, then it should come back eventually.

                If it is still in the index, most marketers recommend adding unique content, and a reasonable amount of high quality backlinks to speed up the return of your blog.

                I hope the penalty on your blog is temporary... good luck!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3829765].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
                  Also, blog comments are fine. They just need to be genuine comments that are tailored to the blog you are commenting on. Scrapebox is a great tool for finding places to leave backlinks.

                  I personally use articles directories, and guest posting to build my backlink portfolio. But to each their own. Most SEO experts recommend a diverse backlink portfolio.

                  So you can get blog comments, articles directrories, blog posts, forum profiles, link directories ... etc they all count.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3829771].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
                  Originally Posted by co2 View Post

                  Well, it went down about a month and a half ago, and it still hasn't come back. This site is still in the google index though, so I'm not too worried. A site penalized for backlink velocity or spam almost always returns eventually. But sometimes it can take a really long time.

                  However, I would be worried if my site was compleely out of the google index.

                  You may have already heard about this, but if you go to google.com and type in site:.... you will be able to see whether your site is still in the google index. If that's the case, then it should come back eventually.

                  If it is still in the index, most marketers recommend adding unique content, and a reasonable amount of high quality backlinks to speed up the return of your blog.

                  I hope the penalty on your blog is temporary... good luck!
                  That's the problem: They are not showing up indexed anymore.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3832653].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
        Originally Posted by Bozigian View Post

        My guess.

        If Google all of a sudden sees hundreds or thousands of links on a website in one day then maybe they will deindex it because obviously that is BlueFart to get backlinks
        Agreed.
        But I don't think I did more that 100-200 live links per site every 2 or 3 days; When everybody does 2500 directory submissions at once and nothing happens.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3827878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ehsan_am
      Originally Posted by diondevelopment View Post

      You were removed from Google for scraping content off of other sites and just dumping it into your own. They don't like unoriginal content. Start writing your own articles. Don't just expect to get rich off of other peoples hard work.
      It would be better if you had actually either read or understood the OP before commenting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonbuzz
    Banned
    all your sites are gone because you are spamming...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3828209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author caseyscreen
    Google needs only quality work so if you will do some spamming work than definitely Google will disappear your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3828260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author veeco
    does your website is an autoblog ? do you use adsense as well ? does the site on the same host server ? does this sites use reciprocal link one another? do you copy paste the content from other site?

    it is really sure that you break several google tos. if you like to get your site back.. keep building link for a month or two, use original content, try to get backlink manually from authority site.

    if you stop just now, google will flag you easily
    Signature

    i work on web consultant and creative agency in indonesia..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3830001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    You Warriors that are stating he lost his ranking because of backlinks are absolutely clueless as far as seo goes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3830033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
      Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

      You Warriors that are stating he lost his ranking because of backlinks are absolutely clueless as far as seo goes.
      I agree with your implied argument Matt. But seriously, I have experienced a similar hit after using scrapebox.

      You obviously know a lot about seo, but when you do your campaigns, the velocity is controlled. And the content involved in creating the backlinks is varied enough. This is specifically a scrapebox spam problem.

      Hypothetically, if you sent 20,000 spam comments to a brand new site, I will guarantee the site would take a hit. Heck I know it would, I've been there....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3832441].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoeWunschSEO
        I can not believe so many people think spamming with scrapebox can get your website de-indexed... If all it took was 2 weeks to deindex 8 websites with scrapebox, I would get the entire 1st page of my competition de-indexed and get a number one ranking by default.

        Yeah, thats how google works. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

        To the OP, unless you want to supply a URL, all we can do is guess.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3832503].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
          Originally Posted by JoeWunschSEO View Post

          I can not believe so many people think spamming with scrapebox can get your website de-indexed... If all it took was 2 weeks to deindex 8 websites with scrapebox, I would get the entire 1st page of my competition de-indexed and get a number one ranking by default.

          Yeah, thats how google works. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

          To the OP, unless you want to supply a URL, all we can do is guess.
          agreed... unless google can tell it's you creating the links. Google can track IP addresses you know.

          Why do people always spout off this argument without any testing. Yes, it makes logical sense that backlinks can never hurt you. But there are proven cases where uncontrolled backlink campaigns have negative results.

          Should you be right.... yes

          are you right.... no
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3833025].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JoeWunschSEO
            Originally Posted by co2 View Post

            agreed... unless google can tell it's you creating the links. Google can track IP addresses you know.

            Why do people always spout off this argument without any testing. Yes, it makes logical sense that backlinks can never hurt you. But there are proven cases where uncontrolled backlink campaigns have negative results.

            Should you be right.... yes

            are you right.... no
            I have used scrapebox for months upon months to much greater extent than he is claiming, spamming 100's of thousands of links per day, and I have never been deindexed for it.....

            On the contrary, I have hundreds of first page rankings because of it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3833038].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
              hmmm... Well, I've been burned specifically from scrapebox. Perhaps you were more careful than me. If you control velocity and diversify comments, you could definitely get away with it.

              anyways, I was only trying to get rid of the myth that backlinks can never hurt you. Good backlinks can never hurt you. But if you mass create spam comments without any sort of controls. AND leave an easy trail for google to see that it is unnatural, you can get a google smack.

              My guess is that you have very controlled scrapebox campaigns.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3833072].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
        Originally Posted by co2 View Post

        I agree with your implied argument Matt. But seriously, I have experienced a similar hit after using scrapebox.

        You obviously know a lot about seo, but when you do your campaigns, the velocity is controlled. And the content involved in creating the backlinks is varied enough. This is specifically a scrapebox spam problem.

        Hypothetically, if you sent 20,000 spam comments to a brand new site, I will guarantee the site would take a hit. Heck I know it would, I've been there....
        They were not new sites.
        The average age was years. Only one site had about 5 months.

        Anyone with experience on how to get out of a de-indexing situation?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3832837].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dburk
          Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

          Both.
          De-indexed and not ranking for keywords.
          Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

          They were not new sites.
          The average age was years. Only one site had about 5 months.

          Anyone with experience on how to get out of a de-indexing situation?
          Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

          That's the problem: They are not showing up indexed anymore.

          Hi elvisduarte,

          All the talk about scrapebox, backlinks and spamming are all red herrings. The real problem is that your websites were de-indexed and I assure you it was not due to any of those aforementioned red herrings.

          If your websites were indeed de-indexed then your problem is with the content or code within your web pages. You are violating Google's webmaster guidelines accross all of your de-idexed websites and you need to figure out what those violations are and fix them if you hope to every appear again in Google's index.

          I recommend that you add and verify your websites on Google's Webmaster Tools, you may get feedback from there on what the problem is with your websites preventing them from being indexed.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3836514].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author elvisduarte
            Originally Posted by dburk View Post

            Hi elvisduarte,

            All the talk about scrapebox, backlinks and spamming are all . The real problem is that your websites were de-indexed and I assure you it was not due to any of those aforementioned red herrings.

            If your websites were indeed de-indexed then your problem is with the content or code within your web pages. You are violating accross all of your de-idexed websites and you need to figure out what those violations are and fix them if you hope to every appear again in Google's index.

            I recommend that you add and verify your websites on , you may get feedback from there on what the problem is with your websites preventing them from being indexed.
            Thanks for your sound advice. I will do so.
            I was using the same adsense and google analytics account for all. Do you think that could be something to be concerned about? I mean. If you guys have different sites: do you use a different account for each?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3838271].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author friedman
              yes, it is a concern - make sure these details are different for each site:
              - class c IP block (use different hosting for each)
              - adsense account
              - analytics account
              - domain registration details
              - email addresses used to registrations , visible on sites, etc.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3838366].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author dburk
              Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

              Thanks for your sound advice. I will do so.
              I was using the same adsense and google analytics account for all. Do you think that could be something to be concerned about? I mean. If you guys have different sites: do you use a different account for each?
              It isn't necessary unless you are deliberately trying to game Google and hoping to get away with it for as long as possible.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3838962].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author guitarjosh
              Originally Posted by elvisduarte View Post

              Thanks for your sound advice. I will do so.
              I was using the same adsense and google analytics account for all. Do you think that could be something to be concerned about? I mean. If you guys have different sites: do you use a different account for each?
              Don't follow the advice given to do this. If you truly want to be safer, you need to never use analytics or webmaster tools. Those tools make it extremely easy for Google to deindex all of your sites at once.

              To correct some other advice given, you want to use: site:www.yourdomain.com or site:yourdomain.com to check if you're indexed. You can't have the space in there (site: www.yourdomain.com) as advised.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3842895].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author dburk
                Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post

                Don't follow the advice given to do this. If you truly want to be safer, you need to never use analytics or webmaster tools. Those tools make it extremely easy for Google to deindex all of your sites at once.

                To correct some other advice given, you want to use: site:www.yourdomain.com or site:yourdomain.com to check if you're indexed. You can't have the space in there (site: www.yourdomain.com) as advised.
                Google tells you exactly the reasons they will de-index your website. If you aren't trying to game Google then you needn't worry about any consequences using analytics or Webmaster tools. Now if you fancy yourself a sleazy webmaster that uses dubious practices then, and only then, do you need to hide your associations from Google.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3842927].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author guitarjosh
                  Originally Posted by dburk View Post

                  Google tells you exactly the reasons they will de-index your website. If you aren't trying to game Google then you needn't worry about any consequences using analytics or Webmaster tools. Now if you fancy yourself a sleazy webmaster that uses dubious practices then, and only then, do you need to hide your associations from Google.
                  OP.. Listening to advice such as this will only get you de-indexed faster. It's best to simply not take chances.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3843482].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author dburk
                    Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post

                    OP.. Listening to advice such as this will only get you de-indexed faster. It's best to simply not take chances.
                    LOL, I've had both Google analytics and Google Webmaster Tools accounts since the very first day each were offered, yet never been de-indexed.

                    I agree with the part about not taking chances, don't try to game Google unless you are going totally underground and anonymous.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3844651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
        Originally Posted by co2 View Post

        I agree with your implied argument Matt. But seriously, I have experienced a similar hit after using scrapebox.

        You obviously know a lot about seo, but when you do your campaigns, the velocity is controlled. And the content involved in creating the backlinks is varied enough. This is specifically a scrapebox spam problem.

        Hypothetically, if you sent 20,000 spam comments to a brand new site, I will guarantee the site would take a hit. Heck I know it would, I've been there....
        I disagree with you 100%. We have grabbed way over 2000 page one rankings in the last 11 months and have never experienced what you are talking about.

        I have come to the conclusion that Google could give a **** about what type of backlinks you use or how many you submit. What they do care about is the quality of the site reaching page one.

        They spend such a vast amount of time making sure their product is clean that there is no way they can monitor what everyone here on this thread says they are monitoring.

        You can take that info straight to the bank too.

        By the way...we have been using scrape box regular for 11 months now. So I'm just not seeing the evidence you're claiming exists.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3839011].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
          Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

          I disagree with you 100%. We have grabbed way over 2000 page one rankings in the last 11 months and have never experienced what you are talking about.

          I have come to the conclusion that Google could give a **** about what type of backlinks you use or how many you submit. What they do care about is the quality of the site reaching page one.

          They spend such a vast amount of time making sure their product is clean that there is no way they can monitor what everyone here on this thread says they are monitoring.

          You can take that info straight to the bank too.

          By the way...we have been using scrape box regular for 11 months now. So I'm just not seeing the evidence you're claiming exists.
          we agree to disagree then.

          It's absoultely insane that you're suggesting google doesn't monitor backlink building at all.

          Let's say for example that you built two websites. On one of them, you threw 20,000 backlinks towards it on the first day of registration. And then you completely stopped building backlinks.

          Then, for the second site, you built 20,000 equal value backlinks over a natural period of time.

          Your post implies that both websites would receive the exact same amount of credit from google..... Seriously.

          I am not surprised that you're websites don't get sandboxed Matt. I'm guessing backlinks are built consistently. But it is completely incorrect to make the blanket statement that your websites prove a sandbox doesn't exist. Just because you haven't experienced it, does not mean that it's not there.

          I will concede that google is relatively lenient when it comes to monitoring backlinks. It's rather easy to stay under the radar. But it is definitely possible to be flagged for gaming the system.

          I have built 20 websites in the last two months. Only one of them did I backlink spam. 19 of the 20 websites are completely healthy, and within the first 3 pages of ranking. 1 of the 20 websites is nowhere to be found. Can you guess which one it is???
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3845076].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
            Originally Posted by co2 View Post


            19 of the 20 websites are completely healthy, and within the first 3 pages of ranking.

            What good is page 3?

            It is amazing how much extra traffic one gets when on page 1 compared to pages 2 and 3 etc...

            Have you managed to get any sites onto page 1 for the important keywords in your niches using only 100% whitehat methods?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3852154].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
              Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post

              What good is page 3?

              It is amazing how much extra traffic one gets when on page 1 compared to pages 2 and 3 etc...

              Have you managed to get any sites onto page 1 for the important keywords in your niches using only 100% whitehat methods?
              Kind of a lame comment....

              It would be hard to get all 19 websites on page 1 within a couple months. But yes 3 are on page 1.. most are on page 2, and a few are on page 3.

              BTW, I'm not against black hat methods whatsover. In fact, if you read my earlier posts, I'm actually a supporter. I just don't like black hat methods where I get caught.

              I also absolutely love scrapebox. But mass comment spam without any cloaking is way too easily traced.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3852671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    How should we be able to answer that?

    One important factor is your site, its AGE, its content etc.

    Some people start blasting links to a new site...what do you expect?
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3830252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trapped
    Scrapebox? New links and only from comments? Comments on unrelated sites? Along with other comments linking to porn? Well, weird that you got filtered..no really, I am just kidding.

    The problem that many do not see when building such links is the fact that everything that "easily" accomplished will be sooner or later abused, and everything that gets abused will most likely be "healed" or so to say, filtered.

    Anyway, your site is not banned, so nothing to worry. It is just a filter, if you, however, continue to constantly build backlinks to your site, and read carefully, from different type of sites (name it, profiles, articles, forums, etc..) and a relatively "normal" rate, you will be fine.

    However, it could just as well be that your site is not filtered because of the links..it could be many other factors, such as the content of your site, the type of the site (i mean, if its a pure "affiliate" crap thing where 50% of your entire site is just links..no wonder it might get filtered) etc.. so just, get back to do your homework and try to identify what the problem is..if you think it was the comments, then try to get more quality links and see if there will be any improvement, if even that doesn't work, then take another look to your site structure, to the content..etc..

    Just my 2cents rant..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3832572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greggreg
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3841544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ElectronPlumber
      Wow, these sandbox discussions never end, huh?

      elvisduarte, I've been working on a FAQ for exactly this sort of thing. Take a look and see if it helps you figure out what happened to your sites: http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...deindexed.html
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3841573].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Webber12
        It could just be the fact the content on your sites has not changed in a while, if they are only small sites then google may think the content is news type content, along with spam style backlinks that may not have been indexed.

        There for, no new links pointing to your sites, no new content, google sees this as no longer relevant content and drops it in the rankings.

        One trick you could do is re-post the content to your site and delete the original. This way google sees fresh content on your site even though its the same as what was on there.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3841725].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dburk
          Originally Posted by Webber12 View Post

          It could just be the fact the content on your sites has not changed in a while, if they are only small sites then google may think the content is news type content, along with spam style backlinks that may not have been indexed.

          There for, no new links pointing to your sites, no new content, google sees this as no longer relevant content and drops it in the rankings.

          One trick you could do is re-post the content to your site and delete the original. This way google sees fresh content on your site even though its the same as what was on there.
          Hi Webber12,

          I'm sorry that I have to say that is extremely bad advice (unless you are giving it to one of my direct competitors ).

          A couple of the most important factors in ranking are relevant backlinks and Trust. Anyone following your advice would be decimating both. And for the short term benefit of the freshness? How Sisyphean of you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3841753].message }}
  • Slapped by google, that sucks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3844875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
    Also, I would take page 3 over being page 50...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3852678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Give it a little while longer, maybe it's a temporary thing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3853166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbelaugh
    This happened to me once but my sites eventually came back for me over a period of 2 months. Did you sites ever come back?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4394933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    You gotta be really careful with Scrapebox. It's so easy to get carried away and leave it getting you thousands of backlinks.

    Sounds to me you've overdone it with your backlinks. Do you have any messages in your Google Webmaster account regarding the site/s?

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395004].message }}

Trending Topics