Add Google +1 to your sites now... for free

45 replies
  • SEO
  • |
You don't have to buy a giant ebook that costs $17 to learn how to add Google's new +1 feature to your sites. You can do it yourself.

Click this link to do it now.

#add #free #google #sites
  • Profile picture of the author Johnny Optimo
    awesome! how have I not heard of this before..

    thanks for the link
    Signature
    Warriors,
    I'm a web developer and iOS app developer - I'll make you a website or app! http://949web.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kurk
    Guys, do you believe that the google +1 will increase seo in our sites? Thank you, kurk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    Here's their cheesey overview video...

    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaverickUK
    This +1 thing is purely social, it doesn't and as far as i'm concerned will not, have any effect on SEO. I mean, could you imagine the abuse it would receive for people fine tuning their SEO? Google know this wouldn't never make sense and will never allow it to effect rankings, mark my words.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
      Originally Posted by MaverickUK View Post

      This +1 thing is purely social, it doesn't and as far as i'm concerned will not, have any effect on SEO. I mean, could you imagine the abuse it would receive for people fine tuning their SEO? Google know this wouldn't never make sense and will never allow it to effect rankings, mark my words.
      I agree with this. It is no different than hitting the like button on FaceBook. It doesn't increase the rank of your post, just tells others that you like it.
      Signature

      Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088512].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrewClement
      Originally Posted by MaverickUK View Post

      This +1 thing is purely social, it doesn't and as far as i'm concerned will not, have any effect on SEO. I mean, could you imagine the abuse it would receive for people fine tuning their SEO? Google know this wouldn't never make sense and will never allow it to effect rankings, mark my words.
      I feel like so many people are jumping to this conclusion NOT because of what +1 is, NOT because of what Google has said, and NOT because of any actual evidence.

      It feels instead like people are making this conclusion because that is what THEY want, and hopefully by constantly telling everyone that +1 wont affect SEO it may somehow affect things and ensure they are right.

      +1 is and will be a factor for SEO, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Will it work? Who knows. Will it be abused? Absolutely. Google is and always has been confident they can prevent abuse and make sure this works they way they intended it to.

      To back this up, not my words:

      "Recently, google has come up with a new feature called Google +1 button which was released in order to allow people to publicly show what they agree with, like or recommend on something in the web. This is supposed to change the way search engine optimization is done for a site. As said in the official of the button, the +1 button appears not only on Google, but also on a variety of sites across the web. For instance, you might see a +1 button for a Google ad, in a Google search result, or on your favorite news site. Keep in mind that your +1's , like your social connections help to improve the content you see in Google Search.
      Using this kind of information, google is aiming to better their search results, not only by using their smart algorithms but also by using people recommendation through Google +1 button. This new this new strategy is believed to change SERP of a site significantly. Remember that when you +1 something, the +1 will be added to the +1′s tab of your google profile from which you can manage all your +1's. Also, your name will appear next to the +1 you gave, in order to help your friends and contacts identify the usability of that particular content. In a search engine, a site will get greatly benefitted if someone adds a +1 to that site.This means that, more +1 a site has got, the more likely it is that it will get a better rankingon the google search page. It is believed that sites with useful content will certainly be benefitted with this button, and vice versa.One further advancement in this direction will be to release a Google -1 button which will serve the opposite purpose of a Google +1 button that is to make people say publicly that they don't like or recommend a particular site."
      Signature


      50% Commission, Proven Products, and MASSIVE Profits

      Drew@SellHealth.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088549].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
        Originally Posted by DrewClement View Post

        "Recently, google has come up with a new feature called Google +1 button which was released in order to allow people to publicly show what they agree with, like or recommend on something in the web. This is supposed to change the way search engine optimization is done for a site. As said in the official of the button, the +1 button appears not only on Google, but also on a variety of sites across the web. For instance, you might see a +1 button for a Google ad, in a Google search result, or on your favorite news site. Keep in mind that your +1's , like your social connections help to improve the content you see in Google Search.
        Using this kind of information, google is aiming to better their search results, not only by using their smart algorithms but also by using people recommendation through Google +1 button. This new this new strategy is believed to change SERP of a site significantly. Remember that when you +1 something, the +1 will be added to the +1′s tab of your google profile from which you can manage all your +1's. Also, your name will appear next to the +1 you gave, in order to help your friends and contacts identify the usability of that particular content. In a search engine, a site will get greatly benefitted if someone adds a +1 to that site.This means that, more +1 a site has got, the more likely it is that it will get a better rankingon the google search page. It is believed that sites with useful content will certainly be benefitted with this button, and vice versa.One further advancement in this direction will be to release a Google -1 button which will serve the opposite purpose of a Google +1 button that is to make people say publicly that they don't like or recommend a particular site."
        Reference please
        Signature

        BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088715].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MaverickUK
        Originally Posted by DrewClement View Post

        I feel like so many people are jumping to this conclusion NOT because of what +1 is, NOT because of what Google has said, and NOT because of any actual evidence.

        It feels instead like people are making this conclusion because that is what THEY want, and hopefully by constantly telling everyone that +1 wont affect SEO it may somehow affect things and ensure they are right.

        +1 is and will be a factor for SEO, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Will it work? Who knows. Will it be abused? Absolutely. Google is and always has been confident they can prevent abuse and make sure this works they way they intended it to.

        To back this up, not my words:

        "Recently, google has come up with a new feature called Google +1 button which was released in order to allow people to publicly show what they agree with, like or recommend on something in the web. This is supposed to change the way search engine optimization is done for a site. As said in the official of the button, the +1 button appears not only on Google, but also on a variety of sites across the web. For instance, you might see a +1 button for a Google ad, in a Google search result, or on your favorite news site. Keep in mind that your +1's , like your social connections help to improve the content you see in Google Search.
        Using this kind of information, google is aiming to better their search results, not only by using their smart algorithms but also by using people recommendation through Google +1 button. This new this new strategy is believed to change SERP of a site significantly. Remember that when you +1 something, the +1 will be added to the +1′s tab of your google profile from which you can manage all your +1's. Also, your name will appear next to the +1 you gave, in order to help your friends and contacts identify the usability of that particular content. In a search engine, a site will get greatly benefitted if someone adds a +1 to that site.This means that, more +1 a site has got, the more likely it is that it will get a better rankingon the google search page. It is believed that sites with useful content will certainly be benefitted with this button, and vice versa.One further advancement in this direction will be to release a Google -1 button which will serve the opposite purpose of a Google +1 button that is to make people say publicly that they don't like or recommend a particular site."
        With all due respect, if the person who you've cited can't even break up their sentences into paragraphs I have no hope that their information is even partially correct.

        On top of that, the person you cited was definitely not a Google employee nor are they associated with the company and mechanics behind the new social tool.

        Whoever wrote this, I can assure you they are wrong. Do i have proof? No. What i do possess though is good 'ole common sense.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088765].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        That's not proof of anything related to +1 & seo.

        What's the original source of your quote?

        Without a legit source that's just an opinion, & I'm sure everyone knows about opinions.



        Originally Posted by DrewClement View Post

        I feel like so many people are jumping to this conclusion NOT because of what +1 is, NOT because of what Google has said, and NOT because of any actual evidence.

        It feels instead like people are making this conclusion because that is what THEY want, and hopefully by constantly telling everyone that +1 wont affect SEO it may somehow affect things and ensure they are right.

        +1 is and will be a factor for SEO, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Will it work? Who knows. Will it be abused? Absolutely. Google is and always has been confident they can prevent abuse and make sure this works they way they intended it to.

        To back this up, not my words:

        "Recently, google has come up with a new feature called Google +1 button which was released in order to allow people to publicly show what they agree with, like or recommend on something in the web. This is supposed to change the way search engine optimization is done for a site. As said in the official of the button, the +1 button appears not only on Google, but also on a variety of sites across the web. For instance, you might see a +1 button for a Google ad, in a Google search result, or on your favorite news site. Keep in mind that your +1’s , like your social connections help to improve the content you see in Google Search.
        Using this kind of information, google is aiming to better their search results, not only by using their smart algorithms but also by using people recommendation through Google +1 button. This new this new strategy is believed to change SERP of a site significantly. Remember that when you +1 something, the +1 will be added to the +1′s tab of your google profile from which you can manage all your +1’s. Also, your name will appear next to the +1 you gave, in order to help your friends and contacts identify the usability of that particular content. In a search engine, a site will get greatly benefitted if someone adds a +1 to that site.This means that, more +1 a site has got, the more likely it is that it will get a better rankingon the google search page. It is believed that sites with useful content will certainly be benefitted with this button, and vice versa.One further advancement in this direction will be to release a Google -1 button which will serve the opposite purpose of a Google +1 button that is to make people say publicly that they don’t like or recommend a particular site."
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    For the first time since 1981, I stand corrected.
    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Banks
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      For the first time since 1981, I stand corrected.
      Just add it to the list of things that google uses as a signal on how high to rank a website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      For the first time since 1981, I stand corrected.
      Sorry, but I find this absolutely hilarious.
      Signature

      BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      For the first time since 1981, I stand corrected.
      Can you enlighten me about the last mistake you made 30 years ago?

      Great streak you had going there...
      Signature

      Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089992].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Winlin
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      For the first time since 1981, I stand corrected.
      Sorry -but I was there in "1987", you know the other time. :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090119].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
        Originally Posted by Winlin View Post

        Sorry -but I was there in "1987", you know the other time. :rolleyes:

        Ahhh, the truth is now coming out....a flub in '87 that wasn't disclosed.
        Signature

        Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090174].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
        Originally Posted by Winlin View Post

        Sorry -but I was there in "1987", you know the other time. :rolleyes:
        Reagan eventually apologized and clarified that he was wrong and I was right. Four years later the Soviet Union fell. Get your story straight.
        Signature

        Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jr1228
    Thanks. Should be interesting to see how this works out!
    Signature
    500-word articles for $3!
    Send me a PM for details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brunom
    I know this is a bit off topic, but I still believe that if it does matter for SEO it'll be way over abused.
    Signature
    1500 Backlinks For Youtube Videos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichLife
    From Google's Webmaster Tools Site:

    Does +1 affect my site’s performance in search?

    Content recommended by friends and acquaintances is often more relevant than content from strangers. For example, a movie review from an expert is useful, but a movie review from a friend who shares your tastes can be even better. Because of this, +1’s from friends and contacts can be a useful signal to Google when determining the relevance of your page to a user’s query. This is just one of many signals Google may use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, and we’re constantly tweaking and improving our algorithm to improve overall search quality. For +1's, as with any new ranking signal, we'll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaverickUK
      Originally Posted by TheRichLife View Post

      From Google's Webmaster Tools Site:

      Does +1 affect my site’s performance in search?

      Content recommended by friends and acquaintances is often more relevant than content from strangers. For example, a movie review from an expert is useful, but a movie review from a friend who shares your tastes can be even better. Because of this, +1’s from friends and contacts can be a useful signal to Google when determining the relevance of your page to a user’s query. This is just one of many signals Google may use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, and we’re constantly tweaking and improving our algorithm to improve overall search quality. For +1's, as with any new ranking signal, we'll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality.
      This proves that or probably rather suggests as of right now, any +1 'suggestions' are only shared amongst other friends or contacts, which isn't a problem to the main stream SEO'er. Then again this is nothing new, I seen this on their blog on the day of the release of the new feature.

      I wouldn't ever see why Google would make a social tool and then force it upon the main searcher population. Seems counter productive to me, plus it would no longer make it, well, social.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088850].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
        Originally Posted by MaverickUK View Post

        This proves that or probably rather suggests as of right now, any +1 'suggestions' are only shared amongst other friends or contacts, which isn't a problem to the main stream SEO'er. Then again this is nothing new, I seen this on their blog on the day of the release of the new feature.

        I wouldn't ever see why Google would make a social tool and then force it upon the main searcher population. Seems counter productive to me, plus it would no longer make it, well, social.
        Which in essence revisits what I said in this post.

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...oogle-1-a.html

        Google isnt a social network. How then, could they possibly know what my "friends" like or dislike? :rolleyes:

        I understand the logic, but the environment is all wrong.
        Signature

        BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    More advanced stuff for +1.

    http://code.google.com/apis/+1button/
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DrewClement
    You're all far too quick to jump on whoever and whatever may differ from your OWN opinion. Not once did I state that the quote was from a google employee, not once did I state it was anything other than an opinion.

    Just the same as every follower on this forum that guarantees that +1 doesnt affect SEO...with no proof, context, or anything other than their actual desires.

    Thankfully TheRichLife posted words straight from the horse's mouth(although we all know to take ANYTHING that comes from google directly with a grain of salt)


    The point I was trying to make, is that it's a drastic mistake for many of you to just count out +1 right from the get-go due to your possibly misconceived perceptions. Do your own research, test out the tool, read, learn, uncover facts, and test test test in order to find out the real answer.

    Dont just dismiss +1 because someone on some forum at some given time told you that it would be crazy for the tool to affect SEO.

    Lastly, for whoever mentioned that they would never trust a source that cant break up their paragraphs. I know oodles of BRILLIANT coders, programmers, designers, salesmen, marketers, and a like that can run circles around myself and most of you in terms of knowledge...yet could care less about paragraph form, grammar, spelling, and the like.

    Often times it is the uneducated and misinformed that call people out for lack of spelling, grammar, or communication. Simply because that is all they have that they can possibly retort with. It's simply a damn shame so many people instantly cast someone aside based on such a trivial matter...and it happens here ALL the time.
    Signature


    50% Commission, Proven Products, and MASSIVE Profits

    Drew@SellHealth.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaverickUK
      Originally Posted by DrewClement View Post

      Often times it is the uneducated and misinformed that call people out for lack of spelling, grammar, or communication. Simply because that is all they have that they can possibly retort with. It's simply a damn shame so many people instantly cast someone aside based on such a trivial matter...and it happens here ALL the time.
      Ouch, that was a kick right in the sack. This phrase is overused and becoming somewhat cliche these days, but oh well. Yes, people who don't bother with their punctuation and literacy in general can be and are successful businessmen, though usually it's true that people who can't bother to structure their wording are often the ones who are lazy and ultimately lack ambition.

      That's from my personal experience, but each to their own. Anyway, let's keep this on topic and not start going into attack and e-penis size mode.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4088996].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author VanessaB
        Originally Posted by MaverickUK View Post

        Ouch, that was a kick right in the sack. This phrase is overused and becoming somewhat cliche these days, but oh well. Yes, people who don't bother with their punctuation and literacy in general can be and are successful businessmen, though usually it's true that people who can't bother to structure their wording are often the ones who are lazy and ultimately lack ambition.

        That's from my personal experience, but each to their own. Anyway, let's keep this on topic and not start going into attack and e-penis size mode.
        Dammit! Now my own keyboard and monitor are drinking my coffee!
        Signature
        The Recon Report
        Reliable Results, Predictable Profits
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    On the advanced link/page I posted above, I noticed Google mentioned 11 times, having a unique canonical tag per page, that will include the +1 button.

    Looks like they are leaning heavy towards including a canonical tag.

    Just a heads up, If your planning on running the +1 button.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089195].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrewClement
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      On the advanced link/page I posted above, I noticed Google mentioned 11 times, having a unique canonical tag per page, that will include the +1 button.

      Looks like they are leaning heavy towards including a canonical tag.

      Just a heads up, If your planning on running the +1 button.
      Maybe I misinterpreted, but cant you avoid the use of having to plug in the canonical tag simply by using the href attribute they recommend?

      "Do all my pages need to have a rel="canonical" tag?

      No, though we recommend it. If the href attribute isn't set, Google will next look for the rel="canonical" tag on the page. If that isn't found, Google will use the document.location.href. This final value can sometimes be misleading because of state variables often kept in the URL. So, using a rel="canonical" tag can help you specify the exact URL you want +1'd."
      Signature


      50% Commission, Proven Products, and MASSIVE Profits

      Drew@SellHealth.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Williams
    Who cares if it affects my SEO, it's a pretty new button to stick on my websites, heck yes!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089286].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VanessaB
      Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post

      Who cares if it affects my SEO, it's a pretty new button to stick on my websites, heck yes!

      That's right! Another 'bright shiny crab...er, object...'

      ROFLMAO...

      -Dani
      Signature
      The Recon Report
      Reliable Results, Predictable Profits
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4089338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WDM
    I've seen a lot of stuff lately about Google putting a pretty significant amount of SEO power behind social sites. The more likes you have and tweets you get, diggs, whatever they are going to find about your site will increase your rank very soon. Reviews already help some industries with ranks. Be prepared to bust your but on social marketing if you want to stay up in rankings. Like they said above, it definitely will be abused, or attempted to be. Google tends to work most of the time, hopefully they stay on top of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    +1 looks awesome and I'm signed up for the experiment, but I'm hesitant to actually install the button at this moment. I've heard of people having SSL issues with it and don't feel like dealing with that headache. Maybe in a couple weeks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090082].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090121].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rob1123
      I think it may be too easily abused to directly effect rankings, however out of the top 5 people are more likely to go for the result with the most +1s...

      I.e. the higher click through will lead to a higher rank
      Signature

      derp.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avery Berman
    This looks pretty awesome regardless of how far it has to go or anything like that. It's going to grow, and it's probably going to be seen everywhere.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinw1
    It's very easy to add +1 to a WP site - just add a +1 plugin, or if you already have a multi-button social plugin, the +1 may already have been added to it. AddtoAny has it.

    I've had it on 2 of my sites since it was released, and the only person who has clicked it is me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4090786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    The Gipper apologized? And I missed it?!?!? Damnnnnnnnn
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4091002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Hopefully the +1 algorithm will encourage many people to start building sites for viewers as opposed to the search engines
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4091783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pagerank
    I have a different take on google +1. Google recently dropped to pagerank 9, they new this was coming as they see daily PR updates. Every fortune 500 and .edu has a facebook like or share button but they rarely link to google. Aswell as a backdoor into the social world I think this is an attempt to gain pr10 back. Google has always said pagerank is a sliding scale, so with facebook having so many powerful site linking to it google probably decided it was time they got some of that love themselves.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UMS
    Note that just about all WordPress social sharing plugins have now been updated to include Google +1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author highave1
    Done!! thanks; but how google +1 will help me out?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author martyJames
    ...im waiting for google to release the -1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xylement
    Nice sharing! I've added the +1 to my site now. thanks. =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adrenalinfeed
    Why would anybody think that Google +1 won´t affect search engine optimisation? In my opinion, if there´s one ranking that really would give relevant (and good) results, this is it.

    Easy to manipulate Google +1 score? Probhably. Add this factor to the existing Google algorithm? Now, that´s some unbeatable search engine for a very long time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202898].message }}

Trending Topics