question about BMR - those who used it...

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
i'm considering buying this service but i have some small questions ....

1.did you see good results in the ranking? how many articles you needed to submit to see major improvements for lets say mediocre keyword
2.is it better to post more articles with 150 words, or less articles with more words?

thanks a lot in advance!
#bmr #it… #question
  • Profile picture of the author Clyde
    150 words is good enough.

    My results and others have shown that only the first 20 posts you do give a boost, you'll need to do more than just BMR afterwards. Results may vary though as each keywords have different levels of SEO competition.
    Signature

    Generate Unlimited Number of Micro Niche Keywords, Multi-threaded EMD Finder PLUS More!




    50% OFF WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
    I've seen a lot of progress in my sites since using BMR. Some sites I've used it on I only needed a few posts to see a boost, while others needed considerably more. Just depends on what other sites you're going up against in the SE's.

    As far as post count, it's much easier to stick to the 150 word posts. Also, make sure you get your link in the first sentence to ensure that you get the PR passed to your website when it sits on the homepage of the high PR site that it gets posted to. I noticed that if I would include my link later in the post, it sometimes wouldn't show on the homepage of these high PR sites, thus making that post a "waste" for the most part.
    Signature
    Want to speed up your writing and save time?
    This book will show you how:
    --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bikeswine
      Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

      Also, make sure you get your link in the first sentence to ensure that you get the PR passed to your website when it sits on the homepage of the high PR site that it gets posted to. I noticed that if I would include my link later in the post, it sometimes wouldn't show on the homepage of these high PR sites, thus making that post a "waste" for the most part.
      That never occurred to me - and a lot of my articles had the link later in the post too!

      My experience is that BMR has its limitations like everything else. Most things that I've read says a wall around 20 posts or so. That's about my experience as well. Logically though, I still have to question how more links can't be of a benefit since it's not like BMR is spammy. I think it's more of an issue that people quickly jump over the sites with few backlinks and then they hit the wall at some point because everyone above them are well established and have more than a month's worth of backlinks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Moran
    guys thanks a lot that really helped me!
    cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author InitialEffort
    Good tip there! a lot of people forget to put it in the first sentence or two.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heavenstorm
    I have been doing 150 words posts and placing my link in the first sentence. Works like a charm
    Signature
    How To Lose Weight Fast
    -------------------------------------------------------
    GUARANTEED SEO GOOGLE PAGE 1 SEO SERVICES
    -------------------------------------------------------
    SEO | SEO SERVICES | ONLINE MARKETING
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rinor81
      Wait, why post the link in the first sentence? It should be in the first paragraph as long as it shows in the home page of the blog. It can even be the third sentence but as long as it shows in the home page you're set....so why first sentence? First paragraph!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4253660].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
        Originally Posted by rinor81 View Post

        Wait, why post the link in the first sentence? It should be in the first paragraph as long as it shows in the home page of the blog. It can even be the third sentence but as long as it shows in the home page you're set....so why first sentence? First paragraph!
        Not always true. I've had some where I "thought" I was ok by placing it a sentence or two later, only to go to the homepage of where it was later published to see that the link didn't show up.

        Plus, do you know how many folks drum out posts without formatting them, submitting them as one large paragraph? When you're knocking out post after post, you kinda start to ignore the formatting.

        That's why I always say first sentence. Always better to be safe than sorry
        Signature
        Want to speed up your writing and save time?
        This book will show you how:
        --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4255067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author retsek
    BMR works really well, but don't expect it to be end all solution ..even for a mediocre keyword.

    You need to combine it with other methods of backlinking. And anchor text variation is very important. Don't build ALL your links with the same anchor text. I tend to do 50-75% for the target keyword, then long tail variations of it for the rest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4255715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mytoy78
      Originally Posted by retsek View Post

      BMR works really well, but don't expect it to be end all solution ..even for a mediocre keyword.

      You need to combine it with other methods of backlinking. And anchor text variation is very important. Don't build ALL your links with the same anchor text. I tend to do 50-75% for the target keyword, then long tail variations of it for the rest.

      That's a great tip there, which I'll add to. After reading Electron Plumber's recent blog about how he gotout of the google sandbox with 'BMR', I'm now advising all of my 'Build My Rank' clients to ensure they add some junk anchor texts in there as well. For example:

      'click here' 'for more information' 'www.yourwebsite.com' 'click here now'

      and so forth!

      This makes the links look a little more natural.

      Best regards

      Colin Armour
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4256271].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author packerfan
        I always advise people to do the following.

        vary your anchor text

        Vary post word count.

        Do some 300+ word posts with 2 links.

        Vary the placement of your links.

        I have good results, I talk to a lot of people the use the service and they see good results. However, don't rely on it as your only option.
        Signature

        Nothing to see here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4256755].message }}
  • One other thing I've noticed thats worth mentioning. When you assign the categories to the domains, make sure you mix them up regularly. For example: I posted 20 or so posts and although I mixed up the anchor texts the categories stay the same.

    So I end up with urls that have a footprint like this:

    www.randomsite.com/health/widgets/my-post-name-is here
    www.anothersite.com/health/widgets/my-different-post-name-is here
    yetanother.com/health/widgets/my-third-post-name-is here

    Just something to watch guys, I only noticed this because I've been using Advanced Link Manager to monitor my backlink profile over the past months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4259168].message }}
  • Originally Posted by molan View Post

    i'm considering buying this service but i have some small questions ....

    1.did you see good results in the ranking? how many articles you needed to submit to see major improvements for lets say mediocre keyword
    2.is it better to post more articles with 150 words, or less articles with more words?

    thanks a lot in advance!
    It's working pretty well for me. I write 1 post a day for each of my domains, so about 30 a month. It takes me about 3 min to write a post, so it's not a big deal but if you want you can outsource this.

    I've been using it for about 2 months and have definitely seen some great jumps in the SERPs. In my opinion, the true power of this service is that rate that your links get indexed, and the fact that they actually DO get indexed.
    This means they will count in Google's eyes.
    Go for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4260856].message }}

Trending Topics