Google didn't approve my adsense account with a strange reason.

by webn
27 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I submitted my site few hours back and they replied me -

==================================================
Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at
this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:
-
Unable to review your site

---------------------

Further detail:

Unable to review your site: While reviewing
www.mysite.org, we found that your site was down or
unavailable.

We suggest you check whether there was a typo in the URL submitted. When
your site is operational, you can resubmit your application with the
correct site by following the directions below.

==================================================
Interestingly, at the time I got this email I was browsing that site. I clicked the link they sent me and I visited my site, no problem. The site is 100% online, I never got that down and it is hosted at host gator.

You have any experience what to do in this situation?
#account #adsense #approve #google #reason #strange
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    If it was me, I would make sure I have a Google Cache of my Index page & apply to Adsense again.

    Double check that your site is up, logout & clear your browser history then check the site with 3 browsers Chrome/Firefox,IE.

    Use the same exact info. on the Adsense application that you used the first time.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4520969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    @yukon, thanks.
    I googled with "site:http://www.mysite.org/"
    I see it has cached "www.mysite.org/", not "http://www.mysite.org/" When I applied, I mentioned "http://www.mysite.org/".

    You think this caused crawler lost my site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521008].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by webn View Post

      @yukon, thanks.
      I googled with "site:http://www.mysite.org/"
      I see it has cached "www.mysite.org/", not "http://www.mysite.org/" When I applied, I mentioned "http://www.mysite.org/".

      You think this caused crawler lost my site?
      No, I doubt it.

      Most sites redirect to whatever is correct non-www/www.

      Does your site have any type of existing affliate links already on it, If so I would take them down until after approved by Adsense. Google is pretty vague about their canned emails.

      I assume your site is already full of real content, is that correct?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    You're right on both points
    1. I have ClickBank ads There and
    2. I have original 10 long articles (400-700/800 words)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NickWatson
    Could it be that you recently moved it to different hosting and had to change your name servers? Sometimes NS changes can take up to 48 hours to take affect across the board...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    @dburk, thank you man. really helpful link the 1st one. I didn't know that.
    Ive webmaster already added. I'll check now whats going there..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    @NickWatson, you remind me another issue.
    Yes, I've enabled my whois guard just before I applied at adsense.
    hmm...this may be an issue, as it takes 24 hrs to take effect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glennforum
    I think when Google crawled your site it was currently down maybe check for server issues on any service outage. If that is the only reason by Adsense then just apply again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gtk29
    Enabling whois guard before applying to google adsense is bad idea. They check the ownership of site by using whois information, if they cannot find whois, they would ask you to show some proof. They dont want to enable adsense on your google account if you are showing someone else's site.

    Keeping original whois is a good idea until you are approved, afterwards you can hide it as you wish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by gtk29 View Post

      Enabling whois guard before applying to google adsense is bad idea. They check the ownership of site by using whois information, if they cannot find whois, they would ask you to show some proof. They dont want to enable adsense on your google account if you are showing someone else's site.

      Keeping original whois is a good idea until you are approved, afterwards you can hide it as you wish.
      That does not apply to everybody. That's why people in the United States
      get approved with a blogspot blog.

      They have rules like that for some countries due to adsense abuse.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    Well, the email that I used in "Google webmasters Tools" and "Google Analytics" are different.I applied with another gmail address. Is it any problem you think?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    Update: after 3 hours google sent me the the message, they sent me another email addressing about my domain ownership identification. That mean, now the site is available to their crawler.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4521949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    After uploading their site ownership snippet that they sent, they approved my account. So, in Total, it took 5/6 hours to approve my account from beginning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524489].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NickWatson
      Originally Posted by webn View Post

      After uploading their site ownership snippet that they sent, they approved my account. So, in Total, it took 5/6 hours to approve my account from beginning.
      Great news! Congrats...

      And thanks for sharing, im sure there will someone out there that may run into similar problems and will find this thread useful...I certainly learned one or two useful things..
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525283].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by webn View Post

      After uploading their site ownership snippet that they sent, they approved my account. So, in Total, it took 5/6 hours to approve my account from beginning.
      Awesome!

      Easy fix, & thanks for sharing what you did to get approved, I'll suggest that next time someone ask how to get approved.

      I've had Adsense for 5 years & I know things have changed a bit in how to get approved in 2011.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author giantonis
    Hello Ben and thanks for showing us your adventure on getting an adsense account..i have one question for you...how long did you waited before apply for adsense?your site's age at that moment? because a lot of people think that you have to wait for 6 months to get approve etc.....thanks!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 2011
    At a time when google visited your website , it was down ! this is the problem, contact your host ing support and resolve issue and resubmit your application to google!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    @giantonis, I registered the site at the beginning of this year. It has 10 unique and high quality content. I think google approved me first time if I enabled my whois when they visited my site and if their crawler got the site at the first time. Yet I can't understand why google couldn't get my site. I never see that offline. None ever told me that. Bizarre.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    BTW, treat that Adsense account like it's a debit card & don't let anyone talk you into easy earnings with Adsense.

    Adsense takes only three things:

    1) Follow the Adsense TOS
    2) Good content
    3) Human traffic that is legit (no bots or scripts)

    Do those three things & you'll be making money with Adsense year after year, & not get banned.

    You only get one chance with Adsense.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NickWatson
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      BTW, treat that Adsense account like it's a debit card & don't let anyone talk you into easy earnings with Adsense.

      Adsense takes only three things:

      1) Follow the Adsense TOS
      2) Good content
      3) Human traffic that is legit (no bots or scripts)

      Do those three things & you'll be making money with Adsense year after year, & not get banned.

      You only get one chance with Adsense.
      Yes! Great advice, and something that EVERYONE using adsense should strictly adhere to. It might be worth mentioning too, that I have heard of a few people that have had their accounts banned because of bad quality traffic (even though it was real human traffic) - seems to be a problem with sites getting majority of their traffic from social network sites like facebook etc...

      If you really mess up, you could always register a company and get a PO Box then register a new adsense account under your business name...
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4535886].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author webn
        Originally Posted by NickWatson View Post

        Yes! Great advice, and something that EVERYONE using adsense should strictly adhere to. It might be worth mentioning too, that I have heard of a few people that have had their accounts banned because of bad quality traffic (even though it was real human traffic) - seems to be a problem with sites getting majority of their traffic from social network sites like facebook etc...

        If you really mess up, you could always register a company and get a PO Box then register a new adsense account under your business name...
        Yes, and I see few serious adsense people are spreading their adsense sites into few different accounts with personal name, business name on and on..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4544340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webn
    @yukon, Thank you for the wishing.
    Ive gain some knowledge in adsense already.
    And, now its time to implement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ish88an
    i have done all these things and still 4th time google disapproved my site (Government Jobs 2013 - 2014 | Sarkari Naukri | Entrance Exams) for the same reason "Unable to review your site". Anyone please help me
    Signature
    Compare & Download Themes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    I hate Adsense. There are much easier methods to earn money online.
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742661].message }}

Trending Topics