Are info and co Domains worth it?

55 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi there Warriors,
founds a few domains that i'm considering buying. They're keyword 3 and 4 letter domains. The TLD's are taken but always seem to have info and co available, also us, ca, mobi, tv. If they have over 2000 exact local monthly search figs and £0.50 plus, should i buy?
feedback appreciated thanks
#domains #info #worth
  • Profile picture of the author Natlex
    You don't hae an EMD bonus but if it's because you really want that exact name ya it's fine. I rank .info and .co without any perceivable difference.
    Signature

    ---> My blog on making niche sites & ranking them with SEO for a full time income since 2010 !<----

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4670587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outwest
    I would not buy a .info if the com net org are taken

    .infos do not get the same respect by google

    much better to get mykeywordtips.com

    or something like that
    I always take my kw and add something in front or after and buy a .com for it
    makes me feel much more secure

    then again I have seen even very odd EMDs ranking top 5 lately
    like
    mykeyword.dx
    or some other strange extension i never heard of
    Signature
    Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
    specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671143].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      I would not buy a .info if the com net org are taken

      .infos do not get the same respect by google

      much better to get mykeywordtips.com
      Complete BS. I assume you don't get any respect from google.
      Maybe that's the problem.

      Do a search for a google product, no less, like pagerank, or
      pagerank checker, or similar. A dot info rules the niche. But then, why
      would you know that?

      Do a search for, say new york subway, or ny subway schedule,
      or anything like new york subways. A dot info also rules.

      Those sites never got your memo.

      Just because you never see it happen, does not make it
      never happen.

      As far as .co, nobody here cares much for them. They get no
      ink here. But they sure get a lot of ink elsewhere. It's the new
      revolution in domain extensions. Well, that and creating your
      own. But the gold has tarnished a bit on that .co thing. Many
      people spent a boatload of money getting one. Thinking, of
      all things, it was going to get a boost over dot coms!

      The lunacy just fueled the fire of any extension having any
      extra oomph. They don't.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      I would not buy a .info if the com net org are taken

      .infos do not get the same respect by google

      much better to get mykeywordtips.com

      or something like that
      I always take my kw and add something in front or after and buy a .com for it
      makes me feel much more secure

      then again I have seen even very odd EMDs ranking top 5 lately
      like
      mykeyword.dx
      or some other strange extension i never heard of
      Haven't read the rest of the replies, but I can bet you're already getting a ton of people who don't agree with you.

      .info ranks fine. At the very worst they may take a little bit longer to settle, but even that is questionable.

      If you insist on a .com, I'd suggest using hyphens first. If that's not available, adding a word at the end is better than adding it to the beginning of the domain.

      EDIT: Wow. Looks like I was right. Pretty much everyone disagrees.

      2nd EDIT: This thread is classic! The best I've read in awhile.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outwest
    I just prefer .coms
    if you found some niches that .infos rule on, good for you
    did I say .infos cant rank? nope

    I said I WOULD NOT BUY ONE

    as to why I dont know that a .info dominates NYC subways ? who the hell searches for that?
    and by the way DUHH thats because the MTA put their main site on a .info
    thats not rocket science

    whatever extension a huge company puts their site on is the extension its going to be on right?
    not brain surgery

    no need to get nasty when someone says something you dont agree with
    I dont appreciate the sarcastic tone of your post
    Signature
    Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
    specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      did I say .infos cant rank?
      You certainly implied it, at the very least. Let's check out what you said ...

      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      .infos do not get the same respect by google
      What was that supposed to mean, if not that they don't rank as well/easily as a .com or any other extension?! :confused:

      There are 100+ threads like this one which might inform you a little, but only if you're willing to read them rather than making factually incorrect statements like ".infos do not get the same respect by google". :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RickAtWar
      Banned
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      I just prefer .coms
      if you found some niches that .infos rule on, good for you
      did I say .infos cant rank? nope

      I said I WOULD NOT BUY ONE

      as to why I dont know that a .info dominates NYC subways ? who the hell searches for that?
      and by the way DUHH thats because the MTA put their main site on a .info
      thats not rocket science

      whatever extension a huge company puts their site on is the extension its going to be on right?
      not brain surgery

      no need to get nasty when someone says something you dont agree with
      I dont appreciate the sarcastic tone of your post

      People in NYC who use public methods of transportarion like the subway search for that, millions every single day! My .co domains rank very well, but agreed .com better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5514841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vtotheyouknow
    All domain extensions are equivalent in terms of SEO.

    Your CPC looks a little low. How far shaded is the competition bar?

    Also, pop over to ezinearticles and type your keyword into the search. Click on an article. Are there several (3 or more) Google ads relevant to your exact topic that a visitor to your site would be likely to click on?

    How's the competition in the top 3?

    Buying the domain should be your last consideration.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671829].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cash365
      OK, so this "nice" thread is almost a year old, but I still have some questions, mainly to Vic:

      Originally Posted by vtotheyouknow View Post


      All domain extensions are equivalent in terms of SEO.
      I would like to agree with Vic (vtotheyouknow), although I'm not an expert in this field (yet), since I think that in an ideal world it just would make the most sense that searchengines ranked sites according to their quality and value (i.e. social proof) and not by domain. Word of caution: it seems that common sense is not always applied by search engines - but at least it appears that Google is improving in this department!

      Vic, can you please give us some facts that prove your statement? I would love to see that you are right here!

      Thank you, Alexa Smith for all the nitty gritty about the co.cc deindexing and for a nice lesson on why we should not state facts we don't have a clue about.

      I think it is curious that nobody in this thread mentioned the demotion (even deindexing?) of many, many, many .coms. I think that the .com domain was hit the most by panda and penguin, statistically speaking (there are just so many!). So following these facts, you never would want to buy a .com again

      And londoncoffee, I have a .info website ranking #1 on google (not the most competitive keyword, but nontheless...). I like my .info website because I'm dealing with information there but I have to agree with SasaIlic that .co is very sexy because it is so short (did you know it is Colombia's domain? Like .us for the USA).

      Kind regards from warm Colombia, South America,
      Tom


      PS: no signature today, overhauling and reorganizing the whole stuff!
      Signature
      Failing forward fast
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outwest
    Google has mass deindexed .info's several times, for various reasons
    if you think this is not the case go research the topic, this is well known. Why? Because these .info domains were viewed as spammy , and spammers LOVED them, Why>? because they were being mass marketed for 99 cents.
    http://tzuvelli.com/why-would-bans-s...s-be-deindexed


    perhaps they stopped doing it
    but me i dont trust them
    Signature
    Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
    specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4671927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheFBGuy
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      Google has mass deindexed .info's several times, for various reasons
      if you think this is not the case go research the topic, this is well known. Why? Because these .info domains were viewed as spammy , and spammers LOVED them, Why>? because they were being mass marketed for 99 cents.
      Why Would BANS Sites On INFO Domains Be Deindexed from Google


      perhaps they stopped doing it
      but me i dont trust them
      I am seriously considering quitting this section of WF...

      Like you have been corrected: ALL extensions are EQUAL in the eyes of the search engines.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672050].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by TheFBGuy View Post

        I am seriously considering quitting this section of WF...
        I don't blame you.

        I normally come in here only when a thread I've posted in from the "Main Marketing Forum" has been moved down here by the Moderators, and I want to check subsequent replies. Talk about the blind leading the partially sighted. Some of the nonsense here is really breathtaking. :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672123].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Talk about the blind leading the partially sighted. Some of the nonsense here is really breathtaking. :p
          and you probably have not seen the half of it
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700032].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author outwest
        Originally Posted by TheFBGuy View Post

        I am seriously considering quitting this section of WF...

        Like you have been corrected: ALL extensions are EQUAL in the eyes of the search engines.
        \

        so you deny that google has mas deindexed .infos or devalued them? Puleez you guys cant stand for anyone to disagree with you. If you are wrong admit it

        I am not saying google is still doing this, but they did do it in the past. Thats why .infos leave a bad taste in my mouth. Its probably safe to buy them but. I would rather not

        99 percent of the time the kws I look at the .info is gone too
        Signature
        Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
        specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SimpleSEOTips
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      Google has mass deindexed .info's several times,
      Can you provide several citations or links around this comment to back things up here? .CO.CC were removed from the index by Google some time back and I do understand why people would be concerned about the .info price point being lessened and therefore it's "value" within search engines being potentially damaged.
      However, with that said, the .info is still a commercial domain (i.e. one which costs to purchase) and there are authorative sites on .info domains which were set up long before registrars were passing on the promotional credit scheme which affilias (the .info registrar) have recently been offering.
      I sincerly doubt .info will be deindexed or is seen as a "lesser" domain in the eyes of the search engine.

      In .info's case you have to take correlation and causation as seperate things. In most cases sites which are sitting on a domain which cost less than a dollar have content which often reflects the actual value of the domain purchase due to owners not willing to invest either capital or time!
      Signature

      If you found my contribution to this thread valuable I would encourage you to visit my blog where you’ll find plenty of free SEO tips and recommendations for the best SEO Tools.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672377].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by SimpleSEOTips View Post

        .CO.CC were removed from the index by Google some time back
        That was the de-indexing of ONE domain, for heaven's sake: that's a totally, completely, entirely different proposition from the nonsense being alleged above. :rolleyes:

        Originally Posted by outwest View Post

        There, so I am making this up?
        No. Someone else is. And it looks like he's fooling you with it. :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4675370].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author outwest
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          That was the de-indexing of ONE domain, for heaven's sake: that's a totally, completely, entirely different proposition from the nonsense being alleged above. :rolleyes:



          No. Someone else is. And it looks like he's fooling you with it. :rolleyes:
          One domain?
          NO
          one domain extension, thats like deindexing all .co.uk's in the world

          all the .co.cc domains were mass deindexed
          Google has recently reprimanded and barred the co.cc domains and all the websites with are associated with this domain. Co.cc which was pertinently providing domains in huge amount is itself an autonomous domain administrator. The increase in the number and quantity of unsolicited junk emails and other pranks on internet has disrupted the flow of communication thus resulting in underprivileged eminence of websites. Due to this turmoil Google has been suffering blame as it is one of the reputed search engine for millions and trillions of users around the globe. These serious and harmful activities enforced Google to take some necessary amendments and it took a thoughtful step of de-indexing co.cc in order to set a shield against the violence prevailing on internet medium

          \
          You like to argue a lot but you dont seem to prove any points
          Signature
          Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
          specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4675657].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by outwest View Post

            One domain?
            NO
            one domain extension, thats like deindexing all .co.uk's in the world

            all the .co.cc domains were mass deindexed
            This is totally wrong. You've completely misunderstood what happened. :rolleyes: :p

            Google de-indexed ONE domain only, as Matt Cutts himself has explained, and that one domain was co.cc.

            All its subdomains were inevitably de-indexed as a result of the main domain being de-indexed.

            Those free .co.cc "domains" are actually NOT domains at all: they're only sub-domains.

            Here's the point that you've missed, in your zeal to spread misinformation: the "co" part in the name isn't like the "co" in ".co.uk": it's the domain-name, and only the ".cc" is the domain-extension.

            Many people thought they had a "domain-name" on a ".co.cc" extension but they were all mistaken about that, because there's no such extension: what they actually had was only a sub-domain on a domain that belonged to someone else. And when that one domain was de-indexed by Google (only one day after Matt Cutts had publicly announced that Google reserves the right to de-index individual domains they regard as spammy), a lot of people found that their sub-domains had obviously been de-indexed with it, just like the pages and sub-domains of any de-indexed site also disappear from Google's index.

            This is not in any way comparable with the .info domain issue being discussed in this thread. You're simply misinforming everyone.

            Originally Posted by outwest View Post

            thats like deindexing all .co.uk's in the world
            It just ISN'T.

            The "co" in ".co.uk" is part of the extension. The "co" in ".co.cc" isn't - and that's the whole point, here.

            Matt Cutts specified "individual domains". NOT "domain extensions" as you wrongly allege. Obviously! I'm afraid you've simply failed to understand the difference between the two, here - and its significance.

            One is an entire extension of millions of domain names, and the other is one single domain. Not comparable situations at all, which is where you've misunderstood it and are now misleading others, too.

            PS - the words you're looking for, if they're in your vocabulary, are "Sorry, it appears that I was mistaken - please ignore my misguided comments above".
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676272].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Bluewater
            Originally Posted by outwest View Post

            One domain?
            NO
            one domain extension, thats like deindexing all .co.uk's in the world

            all the .co.cc domains were mass deindexed
            Please dont offer advice until you know the difference between a subdomain and a top level domain.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4688496].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author outwest
              Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post

              Please dont offer advice until you know the difference between a subdomain and a top level domain.
              why would it be a major news story if google deindexed ONE domain? explain that
              Signature
              Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
              specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4688527].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by outwest View Post

                why would it be a major news story if google deindexed ONE domain? explain that
                What, you read post #20 above and you're still trying to convince yourself - two days later - that you were right about this?!

                It certainly seems that you're not going to convince anyone else.

                For heaven's sake, it's been clearly enough explained all over the internet, including by Google themselves and in 100 other threads here.

                But since you ask, the main reasons it was such a major news story are ...

                (i) It was an individual domain on which thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of people had subdomains, so both the loss of web-pages and the number of people affected were absolutely enormous, and ...

                (ii) It had never happened before to such a huge domain, in which so many people had an interest, but it happened within 24 hours of a public announcement by Matt Cutts relating to "individual domains" - many people had been wondering and speculating about which "individual domain" he was so clearly giving a warning, and when - the following day - it turned out to be the co.cc domain, the whole thing made sense.

                Your comment about the "co" in "co.cc" being like the "co" in ".co.uk" is simply mistaken.

                There's no such thing as a ".co.cc" extension.

                It's pure nonsense.

                This can readily be verified anywhere: just have a look at the list of domain extensions in Wikipedia or anywhere you like, and you'll see that .co.uk is a domain extension and .co.cc isn't. It's as simple as that. "co" was an individual domain on the .cc extension - and it still is: it's just that that one domain has now been de-indexed by Google, so its thousands of subdomains no longer appear in Google's SERP's.

                And I'm afraid it follows from that that your entire argument is an erroneous one, and there's absolutely no similarity at all to the ".info" extension involved here, because what you're referring to actually had nothing to do with an entire domain extension being de-indexed: that's "dream-world stuff", not reality.

                This - however much you want to struggle with it, yourself, for some reason - is simply factual. Furthermore, it's well-known, readily verifiable fact: there's nothing obscure or complicated or incomprehensible about it at all. It was all "public". Some people - it seems - just misunderstood what happened.

                Again, any time you're ready, the words you're looking for, if they're in your vocabulary, are "Sorry, it appears that I was mistaken - please ignore my misguided comments above".
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4689822].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                  The most enjoyable part of this thread is the fact that outwest started another thread about how 90% of people on WF do not know what they are doing or talking about.

                  Guess what outwest? With your comments on this thread, you just made the 90%.
                  Signature
                  New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
                  Open for A Limited Time!

                  Request to Join
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4699078].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author TheFBGuy
                    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                    The most enjoyable part of this thread is the fact that outwest started another thread about how 90% of people on WF do not know what they are doing or talking about.

                    Guess what outwest? With your comments on this thread, you just made the 90%.
                    Hahaha, Outwest is a pretty funny guy. Oh, and thank you Alexa for making things crystal clear, lol.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4699440].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Stevetyler72
                Rubbish. Google does not give more or less respect to a .com over a .info. However, how many users may click on it could vary. For example a uk searcher is more likely to click a .co.uk site than a .com

                I have plenty of .infos on page one of google for very high competition keywords.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5514623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author howinfo
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      Google has mass deindexed .info's several times, for various reasons
      if you think this is not the case go research the topic, this is well known. Why? Because these .info domains were viewed as spammy , and spammers LOVED them, Why>? because they were being mass marketed for 99 cents.
      Why Would BANS Sites On INFO Domains Be Deindexed from Google


      perhaps they stopped doing it
      but me i dont trust them
      You can get any website with any domain extension deindexed if Google has caught you doing something that is worth deindexing. And yes, you can get .info for a really good price but it does not mean that more spammers use that extension than any other domain extension. Would you have any statistic about what percentage of .info domains are spammy compared to .com I certainly have not noticed that many .info's used for spamming. Majority of spam I encounter is still coming from .com's 90% of spam on my email box is .com about 90% of the banned emails on our forum are .com I am also quits sure that Google has much more sophisticated means to determine the spamminess of the website than the domain extension.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4699337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kento57
    Really depends on what you will use them for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovboa
    Banned
    WF is getting gangsta!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cctvinstallers
    Hi London coffee, if you are looking for good coffee based tld domains, I have a few, please pm me for details if you are interested.
    Signature
    http://localsearchspecialist.co.uklocalsearchspecialist.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4672539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author londoncoffee
    Thankyou all for replies, and hope i didn't cause any Warriors to fall out. Heck! It's just a forum guys. Cool your boots. I am still in the dark with regards to co and info.
    I think google is too clever to degrade a domain based on spamming. Why, they know which is legit and not yes?
    Thanks cctv, i have no connection with coffee, its just a user name like spamfortea :-P
    Thanks everyone :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4675176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author outwest
      Originally Posted by londoncoffee View Post

      Thankyou all for replies, and hope i didn't cause any Warriors to fall out. Heck! It's just a forum guys. Cool your boots. I am still in the dark with regards to co and info.
      I think google is too clever to degrade a domain based on spamming. Why, they know which is legit and not yes?
      Thanks cctv, i have no connection with coffee, its just a user name like spamfortea :-P
      Thanks everyone :-)
      Google deindexed all .co.cc domains just recently. thats a fact
      They DO and can deindex whoever they want

      go research google deindexing .info sites, and read posts of posters who had ALL their .infos deindexed.

      this did not happen recently but it did happen
      Domain Tasting And INFO Domains

      Recently, several domain registrars most notably GoDaddy.com and DomainSheriff.com have been registering INFO domains for a measly .99 cents. At .99 cents INFO domains aren’t free and are a little more risky for domain tasters but they are still profitable. And now they have a full year to make a profit before having to return the domain to the registrar, if they decide to.
      Take the same 10,000 domains at .25 cents per day and multiply by 365 and you have a potential return of about $913,000. That is a lot of incentive. By purging most INFO domains from its indexes Google was protecting itself from a potential huge influx of spam. By continuing to hold INFO domains to higher scrutiny Google is protecting its algorithm and advertisers from the potential spam abuse caused by INFO domains being so cheap.


      There, so I am making this up?

      http://tzuvelli.com/why-would-bans-s...s-be-deindexed
      Signature
      Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
      specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4675361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketerINC
    .COM domain is still better than .CO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ilee
    I just stick to .com .net and .org domains. I've never tried .info but from what I've read its harder to rank.

    Go search something in google and see how many .info sites rank for it and how many .com .net .org sites rank for it. Hopefully that should be a good indication
    Signature
    --~***~--


    --~***~--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4699114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by ichl13 View Post

      I just stick to .com .net and .org domains. I've never tried .info but from what I've read its harder to rank.

      Go search something in google and see how many .info sites rank for it and how many .com .net .org sites rank for it. Hopefully that should be a good indication
      That is misleading. You may see more .com, .net, and .org sites, but that is because more of them have been registered. None of them have any affect on SEO
      Signature
      New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
      Open for A Limited Time!

      Request to Join
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4699161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outwest
    Because I dont follow the co.cc deindexing debacle, that means I am ignorant.? Hell most of you probably googled it and went and pasted what you found on it, and claimed you were smart. Who cares about co.cc?

    There are so many skills and issues that come up. Doesnt make you a guru because you googled co.cc and pasted something
    Signature
    Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
    specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700346].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gabby12
      Originally Posted by outwest View Post

      Because I dont follow the co.cc deindexing debacle, that means I am ignorant.? Hell most of you probably googled it and went and pasted what you found on it, and claimed you were smart. Who cares about co.cc?

      There are so many skills and issues that come up. Doesnt make you a guru because you googled co.cc and pasted something
      But when you make statements that you think you know the facts it makes you look bad. This proves the point made by many in this thread, beware of the advice in this part of the forum.
      Signature

      SEO Content Writing
      Quality Content Writing Service

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4707199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monsoon
    You may want to read on centralnic if you want to know more with respect to "fake" top level domain.

    Also, no word in this thread about the SEOMoz "research" that came out about a year ago on the presumed weight given to the major TLDs ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikelmraz
    .infos are not bad for the total price of $1.99
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kviv23
    .info is just not about price. google is giving then authority these days. They are easier to rank now a days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4700509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robdavids
    Stick with the .com .net and .org, if you must go with the others from my experience it takes more work and more patients to make a impact with there rankings and not being a very patient person I will always stick to the main 3!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4717431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zoomsixx
    I have some really good .co's and they are a pain in the ass to rank. .org's seem worse even. I think I'll go back to .com's for the time being, or maybe take a look at my link building techniques.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4885569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zoomsixx
    Has anyone had luck using synonyms of targeted keywords? I've never tried it but I'm curious. I know Google will show synonyms when doing a search. I miss the Webcrawer and Hotbot days. Ughh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4885581].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
      Hi, I read the de-indexing story and the guy had only built 10 sites before that. There are many here (me too) who do 30 to 50 new sites per month.

      Sorry but his 10 sites is like a someone ringing in the Gospel with a post count of 10.

      It was one or so sites, all his that got slapped. How do you know what in the world he did to that site "besides" using .info? Thing is, by his article you don't.

      So, if possible please include research in you equation prior to espousing a position.

      Not being gruff at all, just sayin....
      Patrick
      Signature
      Free eBook =>
      The Secret To Success In Any Business
      Yes, Any Business!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4967926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superb8effect
    .info is worth ~2-5% of .com domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4969108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by superb8effect View Post

      .info is worth ~2-5% of .com domain.
      LOL! SOmeone dug up an old thread, but I can't resist...

      How much do you think mta.info is worth? Not that it would ever
      be on the market any time soon...

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5514389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris X
    .info's are a bit hard to rank in Google these days but .co's are fine. If its an exact match domain for a good keyword, go ahead and register it.
    Signature
    "A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time." – Henry Ford
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author akirlew
    I am WAY late to this party, but I will just say Alexa Smith is spot on with regard to domains and domain extensions.

    Secondly, I have had .info's rank just as good as .com's. In fact, a few years ago, I sold one that had some AdSense and other advertising revenue and it sold in the same price range that it would have as a .com because it was sold based on the monthly revenue of the site and the site still makes money today for the owner. I sold it because the niche was decreasing in popularity, but in the end, the guy who bought it made out well because he has made far more than what he paid.

    ~ AK
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5512245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zabalex
    GONE are the days when TLDs were a problem, since there could be only one .com .net and .org TLD for any given keyword. So the use of other TLDs are also fine and regarded by all the major search engines the same as other.

    Those were the days when all TLDs were having a particular meaning associated with it, like .com for commercial sites, .net for network sites, .org for organizational sites. Now a days you can see a .org site with 100% commercial use.
    Signature

    Developing strategies for Bay Area SEO & Doing Website Design For the World

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5512297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bobcarlsjr
      sigh.......... blind leading the blind here....... if you have an opinion.. please state it as an opinion..... don't make it sound like a fact from google.....

      for those saying that .info is crap.... google "pr checker" and see what comes up first in google out of 7.6 million results
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Praney Behl
    I don't think there is much difference unless it's a .com, I rank any tlds.
    It's all about content and SEO.
    Signature
    Complete WordPress Management Tool (Coming Soon) - WP Master Blaster
    Get 100's of links from Powerful Wiki Sites - Wiki Master Blaster
    The number of possibilities to do something with a tool you master, are only limited to your imagination. I like to think outside of the box.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Praney Behl
    I don't think there is much difference unless it's a .com, I rank any tlds.
    It's all about content and SEO.
    Signature
    Complete WordPress Management Tool (Coming Soon) - WP Master Blaster
    Get 100's of links from Powerful Wiki Sites - Wiki Master Blaster
    The number of possibilities to do something with a tool you master, are only limited to your imagination. I like to think outside of the box.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Out of the group of sites I'm selling, the .info is currently earning several hundred dollars per month. It is currently outperforming the other sites.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5514971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warhammer
    Someone argues that .com ranks better than other TLDs because the majority of domains you see on Google are .com. Well, this is simply pointless: the reason why you see so many .coms on Google is because there are 100 million registered .coms vs a few million .COs and infos, so it's statistics! But all TLDs that Google treats as gTLDs (.CO is one of them) can show up on first page if properly developed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SasaIlic
    I don't think that Google cares too much about your domain extension .info is not that respected between Internet Marketers but i personally have .info websites that ranks pretty well against .com's and other top level domains. If you are chosing between .info and .co i would choose .co it's not cheap but it looks better, that is the only way, .info is longer.

    Cheers
    Signature
    Start Making 5 Figures a Month Flipping Domains you don't own Click here and Grab your Spot

    Build Your own Email List using Methods i use to build 15k Email list Affiliateunderdog.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrianCorcoran
    Originally Posted by londoncoffee View Post

    Hi there Warriors,
    founds a few domains that i'm considering buying. They're keyword 3 and 4 letter domains. The TLD's are taken but always seem to have info and co available, also us, ca, mobi, tv. If they have over 2000 exact local monthly search figs and £0.50 plus, should i buy?
    feedback appreciated thanks
    Firstly, there is no difference between .co .com .net .org .info in terms of google rankings. There all the same.

    The thing you should be concerned about though is the fact that all the other tlds are gone. SO you at the very least have have 3 competitors with exact match domains competing against you.
    Signature

    Don't be afraid to ask me any question about YOUR SEO issues right now! SEO is my First, Middle & Last Name.



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6778689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pnisbet
    Nothing wrong with the .co TDL - Google states publicly through Matt Cutts that is is regarded the same as .com
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332227].message }}

Trending Topics