Just recently I saw an opportunity to promote a product that attracted just 22 exact match searches a month globally, and the results have been fantastic.
Thats right, just 22.
I thought Id share this in the hope that it might inspire a few people, and prevent potential missed opportunities for those seeking huge search volume numbers. This can become a habit. I know it has been for me!
I wont go into details of what this product is, but I will tell you is that I'm selling it at $197 USD. And so far, Ive sold 2.
Without getting into any sort of boring details, when I saw this opportunity I was mindful of a number of things.
1. The competition was ridiculously low. Infact, there was only one other competiter, to which I'll get to in a moment. This was enough to get me interested.
2. The search volume was extremely low too, so I knew I couldnt spend too much time on this. I didnt want to spend 2 weeks putting something together that attracted such little search volume, and could potentially fail. So in total I put the website together, plugged in paypal for payment processing, and had everything operational in less than 5 hours. Actually, it took me just over 4 hours.
3. The product was something I already possessed from a project from years ago, so creating it wasnt an issue. Heres a tip, check your hard drive for stuff that you think might be worthless and do some keyword research on it!
4. I would only consider such low search volume on a higher priced item. There was one other competitor as mentioned, and his product was $300 more than what I intended to sell mine for. I knew I could beat him on price, for the exact same product, and for buyers this should be a no brainer.
5. I was ranked first page in Google, number 3 spot in 2 days. Why? Because of the low competition. I needed just a handful of links.
In summary, heres a few suggestions.
1. Dont think that you need 1,000,000 searches a month for something to make money. You dont!
2. Take advantage of opportunities like this. Theyre everywhere!
3. Learn to act quick and fail fast.
4. Keep things simple. Avoid analysis paralysis.
5. Enjoy yourself